Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

Death with an audience (Open)

Death with an audience (Open) Empty Death with an audience (Open)

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:31 pm

James floo'd into the Leaky Cauldron, dragging the current Head Auror out along with him. At the sight of James, masked and dressed in his black ops gear, and his charge, who was beaten and bloodied, the patrons of the Leaky Cauldron tried to escape to the magical entrance to Diagon Alley seeing as the muggle entrance was now at least patrolled by muggle aurors.

When he saw this, James fired three shots from his silenced beretta 9mm at the wizards leading the charge to the exit. As three men fell to the floor, dead, the patrons tried to make themselves smaller and smaller as they huddled in the corner of the pub. James pulled the Head Auror up onto his knees, whimpering and blubbering mess that he was, and placed the barrel of his gun against the back of the man's head,

"Today twenty five of my people were slaughtered in broad daylight!" he announced to his literally captived audience. He jabbed the barrel at the man's skull and the once powerful man whimpered loudly, "And this dispicable shell of a man allowed it to happen! His sensors told him what was happening and he turned a blind eye to the slaughtering of women and children!"

He looked over the shivering and frightened wizards and witches, none of them thinking past their fear enough to attack him. Looking back down at the Head Auror he flicked the safety off, causing the man to flinch and many women in the crowd to squeal or scream. James took out a cross from under his shirt and held it in his left hand,

"And Shepherds we shall be... for thee my Lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand... Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands." he jabbed the man's head again as he began to beg for his life, "So we shall flow a river forth to Thee... And teeming with souls shall it ever be..."

He cocked the gun,

"In Nomeni Patri... Et Fili..." he paused a second and squeezed the cross in his head, "Spiritus Sancti."

He pulled the trigger.

The sound was muffled by both the silencer and the proximity to the back of the man's head. But the effects were obvious. The Head Auror's left eye seemed to disappear as the bullet tore through the back of his head and exited through the eye. The patrons screamed and resumed running towards Diagon Alley. Ignoring them, James slowly brought the man to the floor, resting him on his back. Crossing his arms over his chest, James began to prepare the man for the afterlife. Placing two silver coins over the man's eye and exit wound, James clutched the cross tighter,

"O holy hosts above, I call upon thee as a servant of Jesus Christ, to santify our actions this day in preparation for the fulfullment of the will of God." he made the sign of the cross over the man, "O Lord Jesus Christ, most merciful, Lord of earth we ask that you receive this child into your arms, that he might pass in safety from this life. By this sign thou art anointed with the grace of the atonement of Jesus Christ and thou art absolved of all past error and freed to take your place in the world he has prepare for us. In Nomeni Patri... et Fili... et spiritus sancti."

Death with an audience (Open) Skully12

Death with an audience (Open) Empty Re: Death with an audience (Open)

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:20 pm

Theolynne was surprised at first, she hadn't a clue what was going on. But as she saw a group of muggles file into the leaky cauldron, she made sure to stay seated at her empty table.

If she didn't move she wouldn't be attacked, simple as that. Theolynne watched, with anger, as the muggles made a scene. Watched as the lead muggle, who was currently using the Head Auror as an example, wave a gun around.

She hissed in anger as she saw three wizards drop, lifeless, to the ground.

She took a deep breath as the Head Auror fell lifeless as well.

She could no longer take it, muggles barging into a place of relaxation and peace. In a fit of anger she stood up, making sure not to pull her wand out; she didn't want this situation to end in her death due to her rashness. "You," She spat walking over to the man, the heels of her black boots clicking on the floor. She stepped easily through the blood that littered the floor. "Who do you think you are?" She snapped angrily.

She'd seen this man around, when she was parading the facade that she was a muggle. She'd grown up having to keep that facade up.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:43 pm

James looked at the witch in front of him impassively as he reached into his coat pocket,

"Excuse me madam..." he told her cooly as he dipped his fingers into sacred oil and flicked it at the deceased man's forehead, "Rest in peace my wayward brother... may the Lord watch over your soul."

Standing up again, James glanced at the witch,

"Who do I think I am?" he repeated before frowning, "I am Judas. I am the leper. I am the pariah of your society. I am he who was turned away. I art squib."

He shrugged again,

"But you don't care about that. You don't really want to know who I think I am." he slowly put his gun away, "You want to know why I've killed this man and made people watch. It's simple really... when does evil triumph?"

James pointed to the corpse,

"When good men fail to act." he frowned, "This morning, on a road not far from here, twenty five people were killed by two wizards who felt muggles were beneath them. Felt that they were good sport. And the deceased man before you thought to ignore it completely. He ignored half a dozen sensors which all told him that this was happening. He refused to send aurors despite the fact that one of the wizards responsible is as much a criminal in the wizarding world as he is in the muggle world."

James sighed a little,

"Actions have consequences madam." he nodded towards the wizarding side of the pub, "Some of your people seem to have forgotten that. Forgotten that all are made equal in the eyes of the Lord. That to kill a man, either by magic, knife, sword, bullet or sheer indifference, is a crime against God."

He looked her in the eye,

"I'm willing to face the judgement of the almighty God for my crimes in the persuit of a kind of man that cares to follow the holiest of laws." he raised an eyebrow, "Can half of the people in your world say the same? The arrogant purebloods who throw squib children out onto the streets for being born different. The ministry officials who manipulate and erased memories and minds of muggles who are deemed to 'know too much'. Your society is corrupt. It is infected. And those pure souls in your society are ignored, downtrodden and overuled."

He waved a hand at the now empty pub,

"Tell me madam... do you really think it's wrong for a man to wish that his people were free to see without the fear of their minds being over-ridden? That a man's thoughts are truly allowed to be his own. There is a department in the Ministry of Magic... that takes a man's memories away. For seeing too much." he shook his head, "Power corrupts madam and your society is corrupt. My society isn't perfect either, I acknowledge this, but we don't bully the people we share this nation with. We don't treat the people we share our land with as ignorant children. We don't try and play God."

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:01 pm

Theolynne eyed the man cautiously. "Judas was a traitor." She whispered thoughtfully. "You are a muggle born into a family of wizards, and I a witch born into a family of muggles." Her voice was almost inaudible.

Theolynne really didn't know what to think about this situation. Sure the man had a point, killing was despicable and vile no matter who does it or why.

"This is not my society, and if it is, it is just as much yours as mine..." She started crossing her arms over her chest in a light manor. She wanted to keep her temper sedated as much as possible. Though this man had marched into a place of peace and relaxation and destroyed that peace; he'd put his gun down at her. He was not planning to kill her just yet; therefore she should keep this conversation as civil as possible. "We are a pair, you and I, we belong to neither society fully."

She looked at the dead body, most women would be disgusted at the sight. Queasy even; not Theo though. She was indifferent to the sight, not to the action though. "This man." She said pointing at the cadaver. "If this man really did what you say he did, then I agree with you. He shouldn't be able to live while he let others, innocents, die." She paused, trying to figure out a way to word her next few sentences. "However, what give you the right to come here and disgrace this place with his death. You are no better a man than he is. There was no reason for you to bring him hear to die, taking him to a field and doing the same thing would've sufficed. But instead, you intent to strike fear in our hearts with your gun. I am not afraid of you."

"Admittedly, wizards and witches; NOT my people; seem to have forgotten that everyone deserves the chance to live their lives. Doesn't matter if they are muggles, witches or wizards. But so have your people, erm....I mean muggles. Neither society is better than the other. We're all a disgrace to god, its human nature." She said softly.

"I take my magic ability as a gift from god." She stated firmly. "And no one can take that belief away from me."

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:47 pm

James looked up at her and really looked at her for a few seconds,

"My act of betrayal was preceded by my family's betrayal of my brother and I." he paused for a few moments, "But yes, I realise that I am a traitor. I acknowledge that I shall burn in the deepest circle of hell. For trying to redeem a society that won't be changed from within."

He frowned for a second,

"My society?" he paused for a second before shaking his head, "I lost all kinship with the people here when I was deemed lower than life. Deemed a waste of life. I didn't choose to break from it... my brother and I were only three months old when we were left in the centre of muggle london. People there took us in. Cared for us. Loved us. I didn't choose my society, I was rejected by one and embrace by another. I am part of this one only by blood."

His mouth moved into a slight smile despite his struggle to maintain a serious front,

"Madam... we are the same coin." he agreed before looking away, "Except I'm tails and your heads it appears."

James looked down at the body in thought,

"Only god has the right to take a life." he agreed sadly, "Which is why I shall burn in hell for using such violent and deplorable methods to convery my message. I have little doubt my brother shall join me. I had no right to take his life. The entire situation was wrong. But I could not stand by and let his indifference cost more lives. I know it is not my place to judge... only our father in heaven my judge a man... but I could not live with myself if he was allowed to continue to murder with his weapon of choice. Indifference to a man's suffering is as making him suffer."

He looked up at her, slightly bewildered,

"You believe my method to be chosen to cause fear?" he frowned a little before shaking his head slowly, "No madam, the fear is not the ends... it is the means. If a man is told to change there is a greater than equal chance he will not. He might even ignore the messenger. But if a man is afraid... he moves. He changes. If a man is afraid to do evil he goes out of his way to avoid commiting evil. Not a pleasant or holy method to be sure but the most effective one so far."

James nodded in understanding,

"Both are at fault." he agreed even as he pulled a chair out for her at a table and invited her to sit before moving round the table to sit opposite her, "But the non-magical world is as quicksilver. It's constantly changing, mostly for the better but it's an process of unknowns and so prone to errors. The magical world... it is stagnant. The magical world still exists in a time before the social conscience, before a time when the people as a whole decided how their society would grow. The magical world is still largely controlled by purebloods who will not advance your society because to do so threatens their hold over it."

He looked over at the three people he'd shot for trying to escape. He clenched his eyes shut tightly,

"I aim to only kill those who would lead our peoples to war. I aim to kill only those who stand in the way of the true enlightenment of the people." he wiped the tear away, "But I kill innocents and every time I do I pray to God that he might give this burden to someone else. Let someone else crusade for the betterment of man in this life and the next."

James smiled weakly up at her,

"Everything is a gift from God, madam." he said softly, "Your magic is as much a gift from God as the blood that runs through my veins. Everything comes from God, madam. I would never presume to think otherwise. Holy mother Church has a differing view but the Church is made of men and men are imperfect. God is infallible. If you have magic it is by his will and his will is right."

He looked at the blood pooling on the floor and swallowed thickly,

"I fear this conversation is rather surreal... I think we'd best ground it in something normal." he turned to her with a ghost of a smile, "My name. In a riddle if you will. I am the fisherman turned disciple. Son of Zebedee, son of Boanerges."

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:12 pm

Theolynne smiled as he pulled out a chair for her, sitting down she folded her hands neatly on her lap. She agreed with nearly everything he said, except she doubted he would burn in hell. He was a kind man, a man with a purpose. A man who'd embraced the purpose god had for him. "Well, James," She whispered, smiling at the man. "I think you, a kind man. I have doubts that you will burn in the depths of hell. You are doing what is best for this forsaken world. We humans, as a race, have lost our way; and its rare to find a man willing for fight to find that way again. Had you gone about this situation in a more proper manner, I think I would find you quite the gentleman."

Her smile widened. "My name is Theolynne Gray."

Her eyebrows furrowed in thought, she felt pity for this man. Pity and some great amount of adoration for his crusade. How could his family, his mother and father who bore him, just leave him and his brother in the middle of London. People like that disgusted Theolynne to her deepest core; but people like that existed in both the Wizarding World, and the Muggle World.

"I am displeased to know that a family would do that to their kin, but people, no monsters, like that can be found all over this world we live on. People who blatantly disregard god's wishes and spit in his face with their awful manners. Being a squib," She swallowed, she never really cared for that word, "Is nothing to be ashamed of. You were given the gift of both worlds, but your family destroyed the bridge to the world in which I was placed. Such a pity." She whispered.

(OOC: I just thought i'd let you know, I think that your writing is AMAZING! )

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:25 pm

James smiled a little more than before when she got his reference to the biblical James and chuckled faintly, dryly, at her assessment,

"It takes all sorts I suppose... a kind man who kills for the reasons he believes to be right kills as sure as a deranged murderer." he smiled sadly at her, "I may fight the good fight as they say, but I will be punished for my methods. It's alright... I have accepted this. Come to terms with it."

At the gentleman comment he looked away, his cheeks coloring slightly,

"Yes... well I've never been good with first impressions." he winced a little, "Or attempts at humor it would appear."

He returned her smile and bowed his head,

"It's a pleasure to meet you Theolynne Gray." he smiled a little more, "You have already deduced that I am James."

James' smile turned sad again as he saw the look on her face. He'd seen the look many times, pity was not something that was new to the orphan. Shrugging off his coat onto the back of his chair he smiled a little more,

"The world is a tapestry of horrors and wonders Theolynne. Each of us has a thread and we make horrors and wonders with our lives. My life, and the life of my brother, has seen it's share of the horrors." he glanced away, as if ashamed, "But it is part of life. Part of the life God gave us. Some say we find our meaning in suffering... I believe that is a horrible thing to believe but a belief that carries some weight none the less."

He nodded slightly,

"Theolynne... my crusade is not an easy one. To change a world is one thing but to change two is seen as madness by many." he paused for a second, trying to find the right words, "I aim to change both worlds by changing those who control them. In the magical world I will endeavor to erode the powers of the purebloods. Give power to the people. In the muggle world? That will be a hard fight... for tolerance. For equality. For acceptance and love."

James smiled at her and held a hand out across the table,

"The thing about burnt bridges is that they can be rebuilt Theolynne." he told her with a light smile, "And some things transcend earth-bound laws. Some things span over oceans and through forests and deserts."

(OOC: Thanks but it's not that great Smile You're writing's good as well Very Happy)

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:41 pm

Theolynne gave a small laugh at his small blush, and his comment about humor. "Thats the glory about a good conversation. It doesn't matter what the original impression was, if you offer a good conversation; a laugh, a smile; its a shoe in for a good first impression. A lasting impression."

"The Pleasure is all mine, surely." She said, a small smirk pulling the edges of her mouth up. She flashed him a dazzling smile.

Theolynne bit her lip a bit nervously at his change in subject. He looked at the world as she did, it seemed. A small frown took form on her lips. "Your up bringing, and your past, is the basic structure for your character. Whether it be by good means, or awful ones... We aren't who we are without credit from our pasts. Humans, by nature, are products of their environments." She sighed leaning back against the chair, "Self enlightenment will teach you to either embrace your past as a building block to who you are now; or detach yourself from worldly notions."

"If I hadn't a world of other things to worry about, I'd join you in your crusade." She said, a small sigh escaping her lips.

Theolynne gave another smile as she grabbed his hand, lightly. "Things like love." She stated, her voice soft. Almost inaudible.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:58 pm

He tilted his head to the side and thought about it for a few seconds,

"You know... I've never thought about it that way before." he admitted with a smile, "In that case you have provided an excellent first impression so far Miss Gray. Thought provoking, bold and really rather captivating. All of my training tells me I should have run away long before now. Aurors and all that."

James' own smile grew wider at seeing her smile so much,

"You have a wonderful smile." he told her before he could stop himself, which caused his cheeks to color lightly again, "I hope that wasn't out of line... or perhaps awkward considering my original reason for being here."

He nodded slowly,

"Yes, the past is what drives us forwards into what we are." he agreed quietly, "In my mind a person must embrace their past to some degree. It is a part of you. You can't ignore it... it's like ignoring you have lungs. I have a past that is terrible in places but I have accepted all of it. It hurts to do it sometimes... somethings are easier to forget than to confront but we each have a choice. To do what is right or to do what is easy."

James smiled a little, kindly,

"Just your support, given in such a way as this, is what gives me hope for a future." he glanced around the empty pub, "A future where this pub will serve people from both sides of this growing divide."

Holding her hand in his, James smiled softly at her,

"Like truth, justice, freedom..." he paused here and smiled at her, looking into her eyes, "And love."

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:20 pm

Theolynne blushed, "Let the Auror's come. I would be compelled to force them to leave you be. Without spilling blood." She said, a light joking tone in her voice.

Her blush deepened when he spoke so kindly of her smile, "Awkward is a frame of mind, I dont believe in it." She smiled and bit the inside of her cheeks to keep from grinning, "But no, not out of line at all. I think I miss judged you, in the beginning. I can honestly say I did not expect the meeting to end up like this." She stated motioning, with a nod of her head, down to their embracing hands. "But thats the glory of human interaction, one can never assume how a situation will turn out. We must simply embrace it as it comes."

"I've found that people with the worsts of pasts are always the most enlightened to life. The wisest, and the strongest." She replied, locking eyes with him.

Her features darkened as she took in his next words, "A future that may never exist." She said sadly. She wished that it would, that James would have something to show for years of inner turmoil and pain. For years of fighting and strength.

"James," She whispered his name slowly. "Justice is an opinion to any one else but god. One cannot hope to bring justice, others will surely never see it as that. But freedom yes, love undoubtedly, hate... sadly."

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:55 am

James smiled a little at her blush and her response,

"Well now that would be a welcome intervention." he looked away, "There's been enough blood for today... and it would show that you care about such cast offs as myself."

He couldn't help but smile a little more at seeing her blush deepen,

"You don't believe in being awkward huh? Must save yourself a lot of embaressment that way." he commented lightly, a small smirk tugging at his lips, "I do believe that this conversation is the most refreshing one I've had in a long time. Very... liberating to speak so freely with you. And it makes me happy that we are not so different that holding hands like this is wrong, just an extension of right."

James raised an eyebrow at her as their gazes locked,

"Theolynne, sometimes a person's past shapes them in the wrong way. A man with a violent past is often violent." he commented before nodding, "But I too have found that those people who have experienced great sadness in their lives are more capable of finding happiness wherever they look."

He smiled sadly,

"The future is not set in stone, Theolynne." he told her softly, "And if even one person embraces the equality and freedoms that I am trying to champion then the future will be a little brighter. I just hope that the majority of people have embraced those features of society before I am stopped."

James' smile stayed sad as he squeezed her hand lightly,

"Theolynne... some crimes need to be punished. If a man rapes he should be punished. If a man kills he should be punished. If a man steals then he should be punished. I don't know of any cultures that would see the punishment of these crimes as anything less than justice." he aruged softly before nodding, "As long as there is love, hate will exist."

He rubbed the back of Theolynne's hand with his thumb lightly,

"But love is powerful, Theolynne."

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:46 pm

Theolynne eyed James, "Yes, but people dont need a violent past to be violent, or a happy past to be happy. Your life is solely what you make of it."

She smiled down at their hands, "An extension of right, indeed."

Her face softened and a small contemplative frown pulled her lips down. "A future that we can only hope will exist. James..." she sighed wondering how to word this, she was having a very nice time talking to him; but there were things that she was confused about. "You are different from other,..." She swallowed, "muggles.. that say that they are fighting for good. You wouldn't have witches and wizards eridicated because they are an 'abomination' to god?" Her eyebrows furrowed, she would like to continue this kind conversation they were having, but she didn't quite know.

Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live. Those words were burning in her mind. She'd heard so many muggles say that to her, as they were beating on her. Persecuting her for being a witch.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:06 pm

He nodded a little,

"Of course it is, I'm just stating the facts of a trend." he explained with a soft frown, "I don't like it and neither do you but most people are ruled by their experiences. Some let the bad situations they have endured get the best of them."

James' cheeks colored again at the remark about the fact that they were holding hands but he didn't make any move to let his gentle grip of her hand go. He frowned in concern when she expressed her dispair about the future,

"We must have hope and the strength to act in the persuit of our hopes and our dreams." he replied with a sad smile, "It's hard I know but I think it's important that we do what we can... to keep our hope of a better life, alive."

He turned away from her slightly,

"Exodus 22:18." he muttered from memory, "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live..."

James turned back to her, looking her straight in the eyes,

"God made you for a reason Theolynne. God made all magicals." he smiled at her, "Your life is as sacred as any other. I do not wish to eradicate anyone, I have neither the right nor the desire to do so. If God has decided that you are to live, Theolynne, then I shall accept and treasure you."
    Damian Gray
    Damian Gray
    Other
    Other

Post by Damian Gray Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:51 am

((OOC: Not joining, just popping in to say that this is an awesome thread. Awesome writing, all around. ^^ Oh, and James - Theo's brother would absolutely hate your character were they ever to meet. No offense; I think you're awesome. Razz))

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:24 am

Theolynne's cheeks blushed a deep read, treasure her. She'd never been spoken too in such a gentle tender manor before. "Silly." She whispered squeezing his hand lightly, "How life works."

She looked down, "I dont believe either of us would've ever imagined such a peculiar meeting." She let a light sigh escape her mouth.

"But I need to get going." A part of her wanted to stay here, and continue this unorthodox conversation. But she was a teacher, and had an obligation to her students. As well as her little brother, she bit her lip thinking about him. Wondering if it would be a good idea to tell him of this bizarre but welcome meeting. He had an already fragile and uneasy view of muggles. He'd surely go berserk if he were to find out.

She stood up, "I can only hope that god wills our paths to cross once more," She smiled at him softly. "I suggest you leave before trouble arises for you."

And with that she disaperated.

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:50 pm

James nodded in agreement, smiling with a touch of happiness for the first time in what seemed like a long time,

"Yes..." he agreed as he squeezed her hand back, "Silly. So random... and yet so ordered. And it sure makes for an interesting ride."

He glanced around them and he shrugged,

"To be honest I never really expected to meet someone like you at all Theolynne." he said before he'd realised he'd said it out loud. His cheeks grew redder, "Umm... I'm sorry if that made... things awkward..."

He nodded a little,

"I know." he replied sadly, "You have commitments and so do I."

James stood at the same time she did,

"I shall pray that he sends the vision that is yourself towards me at least once more, even if I am unworthy of such lovely company." he told her with a small smile. Acting on impulse he leant down and kissed the back of her hand and stepped away from her just as she disappeared, "I hope to see you soon Miss Gray..."

He could hear the bricks of the wizarding entrance opening and he pulled a metallic object from his pocket. The aurors rushed in, all shouting different version of 'surrender' as loudly as they could. James pulled the pin on the stun grenade as he closed his eyes. The aurors all shouted and screamed in surprise as they were suddenly blinded, allowing James to simply slip out of the door to the muggle side, lighting a cigarette as he left them in their ignorant blindness.

If only the figurative blindness would wear off as fast as the literal blindness.

(OOC: It was a cool thread now wasn't it? Very Happy lol, don't worry Razz Jack, James' twin, isn't going to like this either Razz)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:37 pm