Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

Reprieve [OPEN]

Madisen Lewis
    Madisen Lewis
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Reprieve [OPEN] Empty Reprieve [OPEN]

Post by Madisen Lewis Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:55 am

Mad sat at a table near the back of the Hog's Head. She drank from a glass of firewhiskey, studying her surroundings with disinterest as she perched in her chair. Her expression was far from open or friendly, which is likely why no one had approached her, as yet.

Mad was a witch who appeared as though she could have been anywhere between old for her forties and young for her eighties. She spoke with an accent, though, it sounded as though a number of various dialects had influenced her manner of speech. Irish tones were in there, which is where Mad claimed she had been raised. Still, it was difficult to say where she ought to have come from based upon her speech alone.

As she'd only been teaching at Hogwarts over the last few years, few people in the area really knew her. There certainly wasn't anyone from her past. No one to verify if she had really grown up in Ireland. No one with whom she shared old memories. No one who could recall when or why her name had been shortened from Madisen to just plain Mad. Some likely wondered if Mad kept friends at all. She conversed with people, of course, mostly her coworkers. She even seemed to get along with some of them. By and large, however, Mad Lewis kept to herself.

One might wonder if she were lonely, were it not for the cold indifference with which she peered at the world over her glasses.

Mad took a drink of her firewhiskey, continuing to study the pub's patrons.

Reprieve [OPEN] Empty Re: Reprieve [OPEN]

Post by Guest Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:09 pm

Briony wandered into the Hogs Head, true she shouldn't really be drinking but...oh, then she remembered that she could drink as much as she wanted now since that accident. Biting her lip she fought those thoughts off and sat down by the bar softly, and ordered a fire whiskey for herself.

Looking around the bar she spotted a woman on her own, to say the least she sparked her interest, seeing that she was indeed on her own Briony stalked over to him and gestured to the seat next to her.

"Would you mind if I sat with you?"

Briony didn't mind the whole frosty exterior she still had one, but right now she needed a while to get back to normal.

Madisen Lewis
    Madisen Lewis
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Madisen Lewis Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:22 pm

Mad inclined her head to the younger woman. "The seat is otherwise unoccupied," she responded in lieu of a welcome. Mad had started to grow somewhat bored, really, so a diversion of any sort would not be amiss. Besides, she was feeling a bit out of place with the world since classes had commenced - children really were full of nothing but empty-headed ideas and attitude problems. Perhaps, she could learn something of use from this woman.

"Mad Lewis, by the way," Mad introduced herself. "I am the Charms master at the school."

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:01 pm

Briony nodded to the woman and she sat down on the seat she had gestured to, she had never seen this woman before and she would be quite happy to make some new acquaintances.

"Hello Mad, I'm Briony Blake."

The mention of Hogwarts made Brionys heart feel a little heavy, she did miss that place and she wanted to return, but maybe they would open up a position soon for her.

"I used to work up at Hogwarts but then I had a...was going to have a baby now all the positions are taken."

She smiled softly.
    Madisen Lewis
    Madisen Lewis
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Madisen Lewis Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:14 pm

"A pleasure," she returned.

Mad raised her chin very slightly as Briony finished speaking. It was an 'ah' gesture and was about as close to sympathetic as the woman became. There were few chinks in Mad's toughened exterior. Family was one of them.

"I imagine it's difficult," she said quietly, being purposely vague. Then, continued, "There are several on staff this year we could be well shod of. Perhaps a position will open up, even yet."

She took a sip of her firewhiskey. "Are you married, then?" Mad queried. "Or are you of the school of thought which believe men are but a necessary evil?" A very faint smirk pulled at her lips.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:10 pm

Briony shrugged her shoulders and tried to put a brave face on it, after all, Mad was a complete stranger, and she had enough self respect left to not go blurting out her sob story wherever she went.

"Yes, it has been."

Smirking a little Briony circles the top of her glass.

"There were people that needed to be well shot of when I was there, hopefully they're gone now."

Folding her arms across her chest Briony smiled, she was up for getting back into the teaching game and maybe it would help out her marriage to be closer to Richard but that thought swiftly left her head.

"Indeed I am married, to the Deputy Headmaster of Hogwarts at present, Richard Romain. What about you Mad? Do you belong to that school?" Briony smiled
    Madisen Lewis
    Madisen Lewis
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Madisen Lewis Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:20 pm

"Ah, yes. The Transfiguration professor. Gifted man," Mad acknowledged.

She let out a small chuckle. "I'm of the school which believes most men are idiots, and few manage to find themselves equals," she replied, only partly in jest. "Mostly, I have simply yet to find one which I'd be willing to put up with for any length of time. Admittedly, most find me equally as difficult to deal with." Genuine mirth touched her brown eyes.

"So, what is your specialty? Perhaps, a... mishap can be arranged for one the less competent professors."

Post by Guest Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:42 am

Briony smiled, simply the mention of her husband made her spirits lift a bit, tilting her head she grinned and nodded her head, in some respects she agreed with Mad, most men were so idiotic that she wondered if she would find one for her.

"Thats a good school to come from, I used to go there, fortunately I managed to find a man less of an idiot than the rest. Even though sometimes...he can be more stupid than most."

Smirking a little bit Briony sipped some more of her drink:

"I'd have no idea why that may be." she joked

Briony grinned, she was beginning to like this teacher more and more, if only she had been there when she had taught at the school:

"Duelling, but I understand that they've been split up into Wizard and Muggle?"
    Madisen Lewis
    Madisen Lewis
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Madisen Lewis Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:33 am

Mad found that she was enjoying the younger woman's company, a bit. Far more than most, in any case.

"I find that men are like children," she remarked, "it is best if they don't become too smart, otherwise, they tend to get ideas." A smirk curved her lips very nearly into a smile.

She gave a nod of approval - she always felt that a witch ought to be able to handle herself.

"Indeed, they have been split. The Wizard Dueling professor seems highly competent, from what I can tell. The Muggle Dueling professor..." Mad's lips thinned momentarily. "I suppose she is competent enough. She is very young, however, scarcely more than a child, herself. She is also the Astronomy teacher. Teaching one class can be challenge, especially for one with little experience. Two? I shall simply state that I will find it no surprise if she ends up in the hospital wing from sheer exhaustion."
    Augatha Bones
    Augatha Bones
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Reprieve [OPEN] Empty Reprieve

Post by Augatha Bones Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:54 pm

Augatha sauntered into the pub. Hog's Head has changed, she mused. Before the Battle of Hogwarts, Hog's Head was for people of a shady reputation.
    "One Firewhisky" she said placing sickles on the bar. Upon turning, she noticed Briony Romain talking with a Hogwarts professor. She walked to their table, "Hello ladies, mind if I join? Welcome back Mrs. Romain."
    Madisen Lewis
    Madisen Lewis
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Madisen Lewis Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:33 am

"There is an open seat," stated Mad, with a slight incline of her head. She took a drink of her firewhiskey. There was much left, so she ordered another one for herself. She studied the newcomer for a moment.

"I do believe I have seen you before," she said. "Ministry worker, aren't you?"
    Augatha Bones
    Augatha Bones
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Reprieve [OPEN] Empty Reprieve

Post by Augatha Bones Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:08 am

'Yes, we have met before,but we didn't get to introduce ourselves I'm afraid. Deputy Minister Augatha Bones at your service.'
    Augatha gave a polite smile.
    Madisen Lewis
    Madisen Lewis
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Madisen Lewis Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:39 pm

"Ah, yes," said Mad. "Now that you mention it, I do recall.

"Mad Lewis. Charms professor."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:19 pm