Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

Symphonies (open)

Symphonies (open) Empty Symphonies (open)

Post by Guest Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:55 pm

Juniper snuck into the common room, a peculiarly-shaped bag tucked under one arm, and a long parcel in her hand.

She looked around once to make sure that no one was there, then set up a music stand and took out her violin. No one knew about her secret love for music, and as far as she was concerned, no one was going to find out.

She set up her music and began to play. Even though she'd only taken lessons for a couple of years while she was at the orphanage, she was able to teach herself the rest. Juniper had been playing for at least eight years, and she had gotten good. Really good.

She enjoyed it, too. Music was probably one of the only things that didn't make her want to punch something.

Symphonies (open) Empty Re: Symphonies (open)

Post by Guest Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:03 pm

Sienna woke up from her sleep because of... music? She couldn't believe it! Its been days since she last heard a note and weeks more since she last heard a proper score. As much as she prefered Hogwarts to the streets of London, the place was seriously lacking in music and other arts. Sienna missed the sound of street performers on every street. Getting up from her bed and walking down the stairs in a dream-like state, she found herself in the common room with a girl playing the violin!
    As quietly as she could, Sienna moved her way to an armchair and sat down, hoping the girl would continue to play the beautiful music.

Post by Guest Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:10 am

Juniper finished her first piece and moved on to a second. This one was her favorites. It was a beautiful Arabic song that she had found unexpectedly in the Library. As she began to play, she reveled in the minor tone of the melodies that gave it such a bittersweet feeling.

A movement in the corner distracted her for a second, but she continued to play in spite of it, thinking it was probably someone's cat. Ravenclaws for some reason tended to have a lot of cats. After awhile, she couldn't help but look over to see what it was.

There was a girl sitting in an armchair. How long had she been there? Startled and embarrassed, Juniper began to collect her things, "Sorry. I'll just go.."

Post by Guest Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:31 pm

When the music stopped suddenly, Sienna opened her eyes. When she closed them, she could see the notes dance in her head. The other girl had realized she was there and was packing her things to go.
    "No! Don't put them away, I'm a musican too! If only there was a guitar in this place..." She laughed. "My name's Sienna. What's yours?" She asked, pleased with finding a fellow musician.

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:12 pm

Juniper jumped at the sound of the other girl talking, then smiled, "Really? Guitar? Wow, I've always wanted to know how to play. I'm Juniper. You know, I'm surprised to find out you're into music. No one here seems to really enjoy it." She slowly put her things back in their original positions, resting her violin on her lap while she talked.

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:58 pm

"I know, they're all so serious," Sienna responded. "Like I get it that some people aren't music people, but for such a large percentage of wizards to just dismiss it as muggle activity amazes me because music, well, at least to me, speaks to everyone- wizards included." Sienna laughed, but then paused deep in thought. "I wonder if there's a way to combine magic and music... Someway to make them understand that not all magic is a power some people are born with..." She dismissed the idea. "Next time I go to Hogsmead, I'm def buying a guitar. Then we can have late night jam sessions!" She laughed.

Post by Guest Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:13 pm

Juniper nodded in agreement, "I heard they used to have music classes here, but they were stopped because some of the parents felt that they weren't important enough to be taught." She shrugged, the whole thing was ridiculous, especially since music was still such a huge part of the magical culture. Her aunt, for example, was obsessed with Celestina Warbeck, a famous magical vocalist from several years ago.

Juniper smiled, "That would be amazing. I'll have to stop by the Library and see if they have any more sheet music." She thought for a moment, "I wonder if there are any other students here that would be interested."

Post by Guest Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:22 am

"We could definately ask around in the Great Hall. Use the Room of Requirement for practice." Sienna smiled at the thought. "I wonder if I could find a guitar in there.... Ha! If only it was that simple..." Suddenly an idea struck Sienna. "Do they have flash mobs in the wizarding world?" she asked with a grin on her face.

Post by Guest Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:04 pm

Juniper grinned, something she only rarely did, "I think you might have a great idea. And don't worry. If we can't find you a guitar, I'm sure my aunt would be happy to lend you hers. She was the one who paid for my violin in the first place."

She gave a small laugh, "I don't know if I'd be confident enough for that." She thought some more, "But if we got a large enough group together... maybe we could play at the next ball..."

Post by Guest Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:36 pm

"Really? She'd let me borrow her guitar?" Sienna smiled. "That's so nice of her, thanks!"

"That would be amazing!" Sienna exclaimed at the mention of playing at the next ball. "....Hmmm.... Now where could we find other musicians...." she thought out loud.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 10:56 am