Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

4 posters

Dark Doesn't Mean Evil

Afonka Alkaev
    Afonka Alkaev
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Dark Doesn't Mean Evil Empty Dark Doesn't Mean Evil

Post by Afonka Alkaev Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:52 pm

Sitting in the classroom, Afonka fidgeted with his wand, taking deep breaths. He was calm, he tried to convince himself, he really was. But every little sound was setting him off, and he bit his cheek at the sound of footsteps outside the door. Hands shaking, he put his wand down on the desk in front of him.

Swallowing hard, he leaned back in his chair, closing his eyes.
    Anna Tshering
    Anna Tshering
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Dark Doesn't Mean Evil Empty Re: Dark Doesn't Mean Evil

Post by Anna Tshering Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:41 pm

Tshering stormed into the classroom, walking by the other boy as if he wasn't there. She was feeling restless, and slumped onto the chair right in the middle of the classroom. She snapped her book open and began to read.
    Loz
    Loz
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Loz Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:20 pm

Jaelyn sauntered into the classroom, a prominent confident smirk gracing her usually cold feautres. She was in the mood to duel- perhaps she should have taken that class after all - and Dark Arts was the best chance she could hope for dueling with someone and not getting into trouble afterwards.

Feeling more competitive than usual, she sat in the middle of the classroom and ignored the two other students, immediately spilling a few books onto her desk from her bag.
    The Mel
    The Mel
    Co Admin
    Co Admin

Post by The Mel Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:20 am

Sacha had been going back and forth between his office and the Dark Arts classroom. As the last professor for the class had (not unlike the one before) abruptly left, he had taken over the class with the intent of teaching it himself indefinitely. For the day, however, he would have to wing it as he hadn't had the opportunity to write out a lesson plan.

The Highmaster decided to save himself the walk along the corridors, this time apparating quietly into the back of the classroom. "Mr. Alkaev," Sacha said, a thin trace of amusement just audible in his tone. "I assure you, there is nothing in this room liable to jump out and attack you, except, perhaps, your fellow classmates. In which case, I would be compelled to wonder what you had done to anger them.

"As I am certain all of you have either guessed or heard by now, I am taking over the role of professor of this class. You may address me as either Highmaster or Professor Rusnak. Either will suffice," Sacha told them. "Being as you have all managed to make it to fourth year, I shall skip the tedium of covering Dark Arts basics and move into what you ought to have started learning beginning this year.

"Let's talk ethics today, shall we? Now tell me: is the use of Dark Arts always wrong? Why or why not?"
    Afonka Alkaev
    Afonka Alkaev
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Afonka Alkaev Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:49 pm

Jumping slightly at the Headmaster's sudden arrival, the Hrabrost whirled around to face him, his heart racing. Shrinking back in his chair, his face flushed in embarrassment, glancing over at the girls' in the classroom.

He - he didn't think they'd attack him, he was just a little on edge. Ever since Phille...shaking his head, he concentrated on the lesson. Not wanting to say anything, he glanced around at the other occupants of the room.
    Anna Tshering
    Anna Tshering
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Anna Tshering Tue May 01, 2012 3:28 am

Tshering's lips stayed pressed towards one another, not even daring to move any part of her body until the Highmaster stopped speaking. Her eyes rested coolly around her classmates - which were Afonka and the Hitrost girl - before she blinked.

"I think that the Dark Arts are only wrong when they are serious offences such as the Avada Kedavra or necromancy," the brunette began, her voice a simple monotone, "however, when they are merely hexes or jinxes, I find nothing wrong with them."
    The Mel
    The Mel
    Co Admin
    Co Admin

Post by The Mel Wed May 02, 2012 4:37 pm

"So, serious offenses only are wrong?" queried Sacha. "You're saying that not only are the killing curse and necromancy Dark Arts, but hexes and jinxes as well. Is that so? What exactly is the dividing line between Light and Dark Arts?" He gazed expectantly at the girl, awaiting her response.
    Anna Tshering
    Anna Tshering
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Anna Tshering Sat May 05, 2012 6:56 am

"No, I think hexes and jinxes aren't Dark, per se," Tshering explained, her eyes flickering up towards the Headmaster, "especially if they are used in times of self-defense. However, I do imagine that if these are used to hurt people when unnecessary, then yes, I do think they are dark." She let her lips release a silent breath. "I think the dividing light between Light and Dark is that Light is used to help others to heal themselves or perhaps in times of need, while Dark is mostly used out of greed or to hurt others."
    The Mel
    The Mel
    Co Admin
    Co Admin

Post by The Mel Tue May 08, 2012 11:01 pm

A flash of approval flickered in Sacha's eyes. "You've hit upon a very valid point, Miss Tshering," the man said. He moved to the board and picked up a piece of chalk to write in large letters across it:

INTENT

"Dark Arts," Sacha declared, "is almost exclusively about intent." He drew a bold line beneath the word, then turned back towards his students. "Why?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 9:18 am