Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

touching the stars

Lila Cosgrove
    Lila Cosgrove
    Hogwarts Professor
    Hogwarts Professor

touching the stars Empty touching the stars

Post by Lila Cosgrove Sat May 19, 2012 4:44 am

Lila was hungry. Hungry as a wolf to say the least. Her time in Hogsmeade was limited and the hunger of the morning jog with no breakfast was taking a toll on her. She needed her food, if not, her moodiness would show up and that's the last thing she wanted. Sitting down near the back by a window, Lila ordered herself some fish and chips. Being away from England had made her miss that dish, even if many people didn't like it. Taking out a book on Astronomy, she began flipping through the pages until she reached the mythology section. She had recently had lost herself in the vast woods during a mission and although she would't admit it out loud, it slightly freaked her out. Since then, she had made it a goal to learn as much as she could about stars and where to find them. She was lucky enough to have heard a couple of wizards flying by with their brooms.

Sighing, she was done with her mythology section and went back to the star map. She knew she should probably go out at night to try and point them out but it was no use at the moment. Lila woud have to wait a few more hours until she could though.
    Colin O'Brian
    Colin O'Brian
    Head of Hufflepuff
    Head of Hufflepuff

touching the stars Empty Re: touching the stars

Post by Colin O'Brian Sat May 26, 2012 8:58 pm

Colin rubbed his eyes tiredly and strolled into the small cafe. He needed a break was what he needed. Although all he wanted to was to go back home and see Delaney. However, the girl would be asleep now anyway so it was not as if there was much he could do.

Ordering a drink and browsing over the menu he decided just to get something light to snack on, and then went in search of a place to sit.

He was about to get a seat when he noticed the book a lady was reading.

"Forgive me for intruding but..." he tilted his head, "I always found the stars a difficult subject to learn appropriately from just a book."
    Lila Cosgrove
    Lila Cosgrove
    Hogwarts Professor
    Hogwarts Professor

Post by Lila Cosgrove Thu May 31, 2012 12:34 am

Lila had heard his steps but as she sniffed the air quickly and she saw no threat in it... as of now.

The young lady looked up at his sudden voice and nodded.

"Well, if you'd notice, you would see that I'm reading the mythology section of it," she said as her lips became something in between a smile and a smirk.

"I would love to learn about it outside but I find maps quite difficult, especially star maps," Lila shrugged nonchalantly. "How would you know about it anyways," she asked as she motioned for him to take a seat.
    Colin O'Brian
    Colin O'Brian
    Head of Hufflepuff
    Head of Hufflepuff

Post by Colin O'Brian Thu May 31, 2012 6:51 pm

Colin noticed her smirk and smiled slightly, "Ah yes, but that's the part of the book you have facing you; I can only notice what I can see."

He shook his head, "Maps are; I merely meant that you might have better luck learning from someone who actually knew - at least that was how I always learned best."

"It is my profession, I should be able to know a bit about, should I not?"
    Lila Cosgrove
    Lila Cosgrove
    Hogwarts Professor
    Hogwarts Professor

Post by Lila Cosgrove Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:35 am

"Smart man then," she said with a small chuckle as she turned it over so the pages could face the man. "But I guess you can now see what I'm reading now."

Tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, she leaned back into her seat and crossed her legs. Taking a sip from her butterbeer, Lila listened to him.

"Are you offering to teach me?" She smirked, dipping a chip in ketchup before eating it. "Because I accept, if you're trying to teach me."

"Profession? Are you an Astronomer for the Ministry? The ones that predict prophecies and what not?"
    Colin O'Brian
    Colin O'Brian
    Head of Hufflepuff
    Head of Hufflepuff

Post by Colin O'Brian Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:14 pm

Colin inclide his head with and gave the woman a slight smile, "I only manage to be smart some of the time."

"Alas, I am nothing quite so grand. I am merely the Astronomy Professor at Hogwarts School of Witch Craft and Wizardry. So I suppose, yes I am offering to teache... once again, it is my profession."

He gave her a playful little grin.
    Lila Cosgrove
    Lila Cosgrove
    Hogwarts Professor
    Hogwarts Professor

Post by Lila Cosgrove Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:31 am

"I'm sure it's not some of the time," Lil smiled as she looked down at her nails, slightly interested that she hadn't bit all them off to the nub. "Kind of doubt it too. I'm sure there are plenty of things that you are smart about it all the time. You're probably just too modest to say it out loud."

She glanced up at him when he mentioned his position. Professor at Hogwarts, Lil thought to herself with a small smirk. Ric's his boss, then. Leaving that information to herself, she looked him over, a small smile to herself she admitted that he was attractive.

Especially with that grin of his, she thought.

"So you get to hang around with kiddies all the time," Lil laughed. "Well, I'll be glad to take up your offer once again... if you're not feeling like it's obligatory to do it cause it's your profession, that is," she teased shamelessly.
    Colin O'Brian
    Colin O'Brian
    Head of Hufflepuff
    Head of Hufflepuff

Post by Colin O'Brian Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:07 pm

Colin smiled slgihtly, "Well, I suppose if you stick around long enough you can find out if that is true or not. I am not willing to say either way."

He gave a slight laugh, and looked over at the woman.

"Yes, I have kiddies around all the time - even when I go home, I get to great a kiddie of my own," he smiled fondly at the thought of Delaney and her eager grin. She was growing far too fast on the man, and he hardly knew what to do with it.

"Well, I suppose I can do a little bit, out of desire rather than obligation," he grinned at her again and nodded to the book, "So what do you know so far?"
    Lila Cosgrove
    Lila Cosgrove
    Hogwarts Professor
    Hogwarts Professor

Post by Lila Cosgrove Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:01 am

"Implying for me to stick around, are you?" She smirked a little, chuckling. "Little bit too forward, don't you think?" Lila was well aware of her flirting as she said that, "But either if I don't stick around, I'm sure it's true."

"Good kid, I would hope," she commented as she quickly looked around at her surroundings. "Must be hard for her to stay at home while you're working, huh? What about her Mom and your wife? Is she nice as you are and equally as smart?"

"Oh, out of desire rather than obligation," she giggled a little as her eyes gave him a quickly glace over. He was attractive in her eyes, no doubt about that. With a charming smile, she gave a small playful scoff. "Apparently not enough. I can barely point out Polaris but that's all I know. I know some of the myths due to the reading," Lil pointed out with a shrug, "But can't point out the constellations to save my life."
    Colin O'Brian
    Colin O'Brian
    Head of Hufflepuff
    Head of Hufflepuff

Post by Colin O'Brian Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:50 pm

Colin smiled slightly, "Those who aren't at least a little forward, never get what they want."

"She really is - a little rascal, more energy than I can handle sometimes but... she's my angel," he smiled fondly as he thought about the small girl. That smile saddened as he thought about her mother. "My wife passed a number of years ago - when Del was barely just born."

"Well the best way to learn where the stars are is to go out and look at them."
    Lila Cosgrove
    Lila Cosgrove
    Hogwarts Professor
    Hogwarts Professor

Post by Lila Cosgrove Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:50 am

"I'm sorry to hear that," Lil frowned as she looked at the man in front of her, reaching out her hand to grab his with sad smile. "I'm sure she was a great woman whom is smiling at you at you from where ever she is and is proud of how you've raised your daughter."

She was bad at comforting people, she had realized but Lila had no idea what to do and hardly enough at what to say. She had been alone for a long time, not really having any contact with the human world.

And when she did, there was never any sympathy involved.

"You're right," she said with a small smile as she stood up and took out the exact amount of money and the tips she had in her pocket to pay her drinks and his. "But sadly, it seems it's my time to go.

"I'm sure we'll see each other soon," she grinned as she placed the money on the table, gave him a slight wave and walked out. Sure, it was a short encounter with the man but she had a feeling that it wouldn't be the last.
    Colin O'Brian
    Colin O'Brian
    Head of Hufflepuff
    Head of Hufflepuff

Post by Colin O'Brian Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:27 pm

Colin nodded his head with a slight smile, "Thank you; I know that she's... it doesn't hurt as much as it use to. Moving on is... it is a good thing."

He nodded his head, eyes still sad.

"Well, to seeing each other again, then," he held up his glass, giving her a nod and a smile.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 4:24 am