Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

Doomed to be a lone wolf..? (Wolves, Animagi, or 3rd yrs and above only plz)

Katrin Lune
    Katrin Lune
    Other
    Other

Doomed to be a lone wolf..?  (Wolves, Animagi, or 3rd yrs and above only plz) Empty Doomed to be a lone wolf..? (Wolves, Animagi, or 3rd yrs and above only plz)

Post by Katrin Lune Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:40 am

Kat had just returned from one of her timeturner trips. With her head bent to the ground solemnly, she started walking and her head flooded with thoughts, thoughts that made her come to sad realisations. Mainly, there was no-one else like her in the world that understood her; she was a monster, doomed to be alone and hated and outcasted.

In frustration of seeing flashes of images of happy groups of friends and couples and families, she clawed at the trees and threw rocks until she eventually fell on her knees and started to cry. Her wolf ears drooped and her tail wrapped itself around her tightly for comfort. If only she could meet somebody who could understand. Ace Volkov had been the closest to understanding, but they would never be ne in the same. Even her own sister would never fully understand her.

Was this it? At a young age as she concluding and accepting a life of solitude and agoising loneliness..? She had felt like this for years, always feeling lonely even when surrounded by others.

She climbed up a tree that had fallen down in a storm and perched on it in her wolf form and howled.
    Coyota Rangan
    Coyota Rangan
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Doomed to be a lone wolf..?  (Wolves, Animagi, or 3rd yrs and above only plz) Empty Re: Doomed to be a lone wolf..? (Wolves, Animagi, or 3rd yrs and above only plz)

Post by Coyota Rangan Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:10 pm

Coyota tripped over a tree root for what seemed to be the millionth time. She cried out in frustration. The girl had long ago decided that she hated it here. No matter where she went, it was nothing like her home.

Not that she ever wanted to go home again. Her very soul writhed at the thought. Back in India, she would be hunted down like an animal, and just about everything would remind her of the family she no longer had.

The silence began to press down on Coyota. Everywhere she went in this god-forsaken country, that same silence followed her. It was the sort of silence where you felt like thousands of eyes were upon you, and each and every one was plotting your downfall.

A loud howl violently pulled her out of her thoughts. She yelped and whipped out her wand, eyes darting around the clearing frantically, "Show yourself!" The thought hadn't really occurred to her that this may just be an innocent animal, but in her eyes, nothing was innocent.
    Katrin Lune
    Katrin Lune
    Other
    Other

Doomed to be a lone wolf..?  (Wolves, Animagi, or 3rd yrs and above only plz) Empty Re: Doomed to be a lone wolf..? (Wolves, Animagi, or 3rd yrs and above only plz)

Post by Katrin Lune Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:12 pm

Kats ears pricked up at the sound of an approaching noise. She crawled down from the tree and hid in the shadows of the forest until she could see whoever it was that was approaching.

The person turned out to be a girl a little older than her. She envied how pretty this girl was, but she could tell this girl was miserable like she was.

Kat slunk out of the bushes in wolf form to show herself to the girl. Even though she had a wand pointed at her face, Kat decided she wasnt going to respond with the hostility she usually would. She stood up on her hind legs and turned back to her human form and bowed her head politely at the girl to say 'hi'.
    Coyota Rangan
    Coyota Rangan
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Coyota Rangan Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:51 pm

Coyota's eyes widened as she saw a wolf walk towards her. Her grip tightened on her wand, and her nerves felt like they were being charged with electricity. If this thing tried anything... she would be ready.

Only it did the last thing she expected, and her wand lowered in shock. She spent a few moments staring at the girl... or at least what she thought was a girl... and tried to convince herself she hadn't just hallucinated.

Her eyes narrowed, realizing that her guard had just been lowered. "Who are you?" she asked, her wand back at the ready.
    Katrin Lune
    Katrin Lune
    Other
    Other

Post by Katrin Lune Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:15 pm

Kat shrugged at the question. "No-one important. The name's Kat, i'm an animagous." (This was easier than the truth, and not totally untrue). "I'm just out here trying to clear my head or come to some realisations. What brings you out here?"

She eyed the wand. "You're a little on the defensive arent you..?" Kat guessed there must be a reason for it and decided to let it go, when usually she would have reacted with hostility to being threatened. She wasnt in the mood to fight anybody though.

She stroked at a tree she had clawed. "Wow... I didnt realise i went so deep..." she muttered.
    Coyota Rangan
    Coyota Rangan
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Coyota Rangan Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:13 am

Coyota nodded. It made sense, and she felt like kicking herself for missing something so obvious. Though there was something that wasn't quite right, something nagging at the back of her head, "You seem pretty young for that. If it's true, then I commend you. If it's not... then so be it." After all, she had secrets of her own, and this stranger was free to keep the ones she had. "Getting used to the area. I've only been living here a month or so."

She glanced at the wand, too, not at all ashamed by the fact. "Old habits die hard," She said with a shrug, accompanied by a small smirk. Her attention went to the claw marks on the trees, and she was a little surprised by how much more comfortable she was around people who were obviously dangerous, as opposed to those who were more reserved.
    Katrin Lune
    Katrin Lune
    Other
    Other

Post by Katrin Lune Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:20 am

Kat shrugged again. "I guess i'm something of a , special, case. I can even go half way between the transformation if i want."
    She quickly demonstated, staying human but with wild looking eyes, ears, tail, sharper teeth and long dagger like claws, but she soon turned back again.

"I've not been here long either. I'm trying to scope out good spots and assess if there are any threats."

Kat smirked and gave a small laugh; she knew herself how it was hardto let go of old habits. It was a little weird how the girl didnt seem to react, but saying that, most people in the wizarding world had seen worse and were hard-asses anyway.

She wasnt used to talking to new people so was unsure what to say next. At least trying to think about this was less daunting that what she had been thinking about beforehand.

"Did you know there was a waterfall here? Its inly a small one but its nice, a lot of animals go there to drink." She picked up her bow and arrows she'd hid under some leaves. "Its a good oppurtunity for hunters but i tend to use my bow to shoo predators away."
    Coyota Rangan
    Coyota Rangan
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Coyota Rangan Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:05 am

"Wow!" Coyota jumped back a little at the sudden change, immensely startled. After catching her breath, she gave a small smile, "Well, I guess it's not the strangest thing I've ever seen. It's pretty close though."

She nodded, and gave a small laugh, "You seem almost as paranoid as me. I'm actually impressed."

Cocking her head to the side she took a step forward, "Fascinating..." She looked at the bow, her eyes sparkling with curiosity, "I've only ever heard of hunting with bows before." She looked back up at Kat, "I grew up in the city," she explained, "So the only places I've ever hunted were storefronts."
    Katrin Lune
    Katrin Lune
    Other
    Other

Post by Katrin Lune Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:45 pm

"Haha, yea, competition for strangeness is tough in the world we live in." Kat laughed lightly then her face went solemn again. "Theres a transformation after the wolf one even...but its not something i ever want to show people again becuase its dangerous.."

"Ha ha, one can never be too paranoid."

Kat held out her bow for Coyota to better examine.
    "My sister usually keeps hold of the daggers and guns and stuff. I have one handgun on me now but i prefer archery, less loud and messy. Haha, i dont think i'd survive city shopping. I've always been a town girl myself."

She gestured for Coyota to follow her a short way through down a hill and through some bushes and branches to the lake with the waterfall. She told her to keep quiet and gently pushed a branch aside for her so she could look at the animals.
    "Its so peaceful here. Ive had a wild rabbit sit by me before, it was such a nice change form what ive been used to lately."

She squinted her eyes to focus on something approaching a way away and drew her bow. "Stupid giant spider things..i hate them..."
    She released her arrow at such a speed that it hit the creature dead on centre of the head and nearly split its skull in half.
    "Woohoo, my aims gettign better. Would you like a go trying to hit some trees?" She looked at Coyota and offered her bow at to her.
    Coyota Rangan
    Coyota Rangan
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Coyota Rangan Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:42 am

Coyota gave Kat a tentative look, If she can do that in her wolf form... I don't even want to think of what she can do in her other one, and made a note not to get on her bad side.

She looked back up at Kat, finally allowing herself a smile, "I wasn't talking about shopping."

Coyota was about to follow, but hesitated for a moment, her instinctive wariness of people kicking in. She realized that in the end, it didn't matter. If this girl wanted to kill her, she would have done it awhile ago. She decided to follow her, and stopped in awe when they reached the waterfall.

She had never seen anything so peaceful in her life, and watched the movements of the animals almost in harmony with those of the water around them. Her eye traced Kat's focus as she aimed her arrow at something in the distance. She probably would have frozen with fear if she hadn't been so used to giant bugs already.

"Nice shot," she smiled at the arrow in the spider's head, finding the display both impressive and exhilarating. Her smile faded as she saw the bow being offered to her, but she shook her head, "Why not," and took the bow. She took a few moments to get acquainted with the weapon, trying not to think of how little she knew what she was doing.

Coyota drew back the bow and pointed it towards a tree at the edge of the clearing, and let go of the string. The arrow soared into the air for a few seconds, then fell unceremoniously into the water. She frowned, and handed the bow back to Kat, "At least I tried... Here you go."
    Katrin Lune
    Katrin Lune
    Other
    Other

Post by Katrin Lune Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:01 am

Kat noticed the look; she was used to it by now. People always gave her a wide birth and half of those she met never bumped into her again so she didnt let it bother her as much now.

"Oh," Kat blushed a little in embarassment then laughed. "Sorry, i dont get out much so i get things wrong a lot. What were you talking about then?"

Kat smiled at Coyota's reaction to the waterfall. "I had a feeling you'd like it here. And now you know how to find it if you ever want to come here again." She took off her bow after hitting the spider. "Thanks, i thought so too."

Kat smiled at the girl sympathetically and laughed a little. "Hey, don't be so discouraged after your first try. You should have seen me when i first picked up a bow, i was terrible. You just have to have your arms straight and strong, put the end of the bow to your chin and follow the length of the arrow as you aim, and pull the string back as tight as you can but maintain control so the bow doesnt fly out all crazy. You sure you dont wanna give it another go?"

"Hey, is there anywhere else you'd like to check out while you're out here? Like good places to lay low or good places to have a vantage point when you're scoping out the enemyor something?"
    Coyota Rangan
    Coyota Rangan
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Coyota Rangan Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:46 pm

Coyota bit her lip, not wanting to say outright that she was an ex-thief, "Umm... I lived on the streets for a while, so I never really had the money to shop. I guess what I did was a little more dangerous."

The girl continued to marvel at the waterfall for a few moments longer, "Well I'll definitely come back later. I've never seen anywhere else like it."

She gave Kat a smile, "All right... Thanks." She followed her instructions, and breathed in deeply, focusing only on the tree and the bow. Coyota bit her lip, and let go. The arrow zoomed away from her, hitting the tree dead on.

She smiled and shook her head, "Unless there's anything specific you had in mind... I'm just trying to get to know the area. I don't want to end up being lost anywhere unfamiliar."
    Katrin Lune
    Katrin Lune
    Other
    Other

Post by Katrin Lune Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:52 pm

Kat once had a friend who lived on the streets, and currently she was in the position herself. "Its ok, i've been there. You know, I dont think it counts as stealing if you need it. Hows your financial situation now?"

"Good, this place is great. If ive ever got writers block or a song comes to my head, i come here. Its a good palce to clear the head and relax."

She smiled and applauded. "Whoo! Yea, well done! See, its all about confidence."

"Dont worry, you wont get lost. You can mark trees with a dagger so you know your route. Or you've got a wolf here, instinct and scents always lead me out of here. Theres rock formations and caves up that way a little near the mountain. Great places to hide. Lots of foliage and a river for cover. Its also a great place to find some plants for potions or healing class."
    Kat just didnt want to be on her own again so soon.
    Coyota Rangan
    Coyota Rangan
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Coyota Rangan Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:04 am

Coyota gave a hollow smile, looking out towards the water, "A friend of mine used to say that." She turned back to Kat, shaking away the memory, "It's a lot better. I'm living with relatives now, and I'm pretty sure they have jobs."

She grinned at the arrow stuck in the tree, "Thanks for teaching me that." She felt her heart swell a little with the pride of accomplishing something, "I'm sure it'll come in handy later."

"That's so cool, I'll have to come back here sometime when it's lighter out. How often do you come here?"
    Katrin Lune
    Katrin Lune
    Other
    Other

Post by Katrin Lune Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:04 pm

"Yea...I've kind of stole that saying from an old friend." Kat sighed and looked away, feeling guilty. She looked back up and smied at Coyota. "Good. Are your relatives nice?"
    Kat only had her sister and a old friend's money to depend on now.

"You're welcome." She smiled and took back her bow and put it over her shoulder. "It's suprising what a stranger can teeach you, eh? Haha."

Kat's heart fell a little; the girl intended to go soon and she'd be on her own again; but the girl did hint at coming back and meeting up again so Kat decided to remain hopeful.
    "Yea, i'm out here too much sometimes, haha. Usually around the same area too. If you're worried about getting lost out here in the dark, i could lead you out. Are you heading home or into town or towards the school..?"
    Coyota Rangan
    Coyota Rangan
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Coyota Rangan Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:37 pm

Coyota frowned, "That's a pretty good question, actually. I haven't seen much of my relatives ever since I got here. They work a lot. They seem pretty polite most of the time, though."

"Yeah," She grinned, feeling somehow closer connected to the girl, "I suppose every stranger has their secrets."

She frowned, realizing that she didn't want to leave, but that if she didn't, she'd probably get into some sort of trouble, "Thanks. I'll probably be going into town. That's where the nearest train station is, anyway."
    Katrin Lune
    Katrin Lune
    Other
    Other

Post by Katrin Lune Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:58 pm

"Oh," Kat had a puzzled look on her face but then her face relaxed. "Well at least you can't get on eachother's nerves right? Haha. As long as you have a place to stay and they're not horrible to you, you're golden. I lived with my kindof-Aunt once who was a total cow. Not polite to me or my sister at all. So glad im not 10 anymore."

Kat decided she liked this older girl, she seemed cool.
    That statement was very true indeed; strangers did have their secrets, some were really sinister...but others were interesting.

"You must live a fair distance away if you need to get the train. But town it is. We need to head South east from here. There a bit of a sloping hill but its not too bad to get up, and then there a steep slope on the other side which is fun to run down."

Kat gestured for Coyota to follow her and made sure she moved foliage out of the girls way. When they got to the hill she pointed out possible routes and turned into her wolf form.
    "If you get stuck i'll come down and you can hold onto my fur so i can pull you up. See you at the top Smile "

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:52 am