Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

4 posters

Bubbling Cauldrons--3rd years

Matt Rusnak
    Matt Rusnak
    Third Year
    Third Year

Bubbling Cauldrons--3rd years Empty Bubbling Cauldrons--3rd years

Post by Matt Rusnak Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:59 pm

Matt knew he really didn't like potions and it was something to keep his concentration on one things instead of letting his mind wander to places it should not be.

Walking into potions he noticed he was the only one there so he sat down and waited to see who else would arrive.
    Kieran Urquhart
    Kieran Urquhart
    Third Year
    Third Year

Bubbling Cauldrons--3rd years Empty Re: Bubbling Cauldrons--3rd years

Post by Kieran Urquhart Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:28 pm

The Slushatel felt rather sick as he entered the classroom, and he was sure that it wasn't due to any fever. Perhaps it was the fact that he was in Potions and he knew that the Professor was nice, but he was scared of messing things up. The boy, as much as he didn't like to admit it, was a bit of a perfectionist.

He scanned the classroom, and considering there was only a Hitrost boy he'd seen around there he made the simple choice of sitting next to him. "I'm Kieran," he greeted. "What's your name?"
    Kasper Van Zandt
    Kasper Van Zandt
    Durmstrang Professor
    Durmstrang Professor

Post by Kasper Van Zandt Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:38 pm

"My name's Kasper, not that anyone ever bothers to ask," the man clucked his tongue as he appeared at the front of the room, "Really, your professors are people too. We like to be talked to everyone once in a while... fed, maybe given a treat now and again.. oh wait, I'm making us sound like pets aren't I?"

He gave the two boys an impish grin and a chuckle before moving on.

"Right, lessons... I suppose I should get around to doing that. Dreamless sleep - which sounds entirely unfun to me. I mean who doesnt' love a good dream!- anyway, what do you kidlets know about it?"
    Matt Rusnak
    Matt Rusnak
    Third Year
    Third Year

Post by Matt Rusnak Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:56 pm

Matt noticed a guy from Slushatel sit down beside him and tell him his name,

"Um, hi Kieran, I am Matt," Matt thought that was nice and simple, if he wouldn't have spent last year screwing around maybe he would be where he was suppose to be.

Matt almost cracked up when the professor came in and had obviously heard them introducing themselves.

"Um, hi Professor Kasper" Matt thought it was strange to call the professor by his first name but of well.

Matt was listening to the professor talk about the potion that they were going to work on, Matt knew about potions, it was the brewing them he had trouble with.

"Would that be the potion that helps you sleep and not have nightmares? I mean I imagine it stops all dreams, but those are the ones I would rather stop."

Katerina Kahnovich
    Katerina Kahnovich
    Third Year
    Third Year

Post by Katerina Kahnovich Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:58 pm

"Good morning, sorry I'm late, professor," Katerina greeted with a smile as she walked into Potions, in an unusual very cheery mood. Maybe it was the class in itself, maybe it was because the professor always managed to cheer her up - even though she hated happy happy people, or maybe it was simply because she had gotten a good night's sleep and everything seemed to be going well that day.

Whatever the reason, Katerina was happy. No need to mess it up.
    Kasper Van Zandt
    Kasper Van Zandt
    Durmstrang Professor
    Durmstrang Professor

Post by Kasper Van Zandt Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:22 pm

"Excellent, excellent! A well educated guess deserves points for trying," Kasper nodded his head, "Yes essentially that is what dreamless sleep potion is used for. Its mostly used in the medical field. For relief from stressful events and trauma."

He waved his hand at the girl who entered the room, "Forget it. Take a seat, come, come lets chat, chat, chat."

"For healing purposes, its good to not that the portion of htis potion you drink affects how long you sleep, however... we aren't doing any healing her soo." He shrugged and let out a little laugh.

"If no one has any other dire questions.... what says we start brewing us up a little fun?"
    Kieran Urquhart
    Kieran Urquhart
    Third Year
    Third Year

Post by Kieran Urquhart Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:54 pm

The Professor amused Kieran more than a tiny bit. He'd taken this class before, but all the other times he had been bored as hell and didn't see clearly, but now that he could he thought that was going to be an enjoyable. The boy grinned, shaking his thread enthusiastically. "Let's gooooo!" he exclaimed.
    Matt Rusnak
    Matt Rusnak
    Third Year
    Third Year

Post by Matt Rusnak Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:04 am

Matt was ready to get start brewing the potion, even though he hated potions he knew he would at least need to know basic things.

"No questions, lets get started."
    Kasper Van Zandt
    Kasper Van Zandt
    Durmstrang Professor
    Durmstrang Professor

Post by Kasper Van Zandt Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:52 pm

Kasper clapped his hand, a grin spreding across his face.

"Excellent, Excellent," the man flicked his wand and the instructions appeared on the board. "You know where the ingredants can be found I'm sure... so off you go."
    Katerina Kahnovich
    Katerina Kahnovich
    Third Year
    Third Year

Post by Katerina Kahnovich Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:45 am

Katerina listened to the professor as he explained and nodded, getting up to pick up the ingredients she would need. Dreamless sleep. Would be tempting to use during some times of the year.

"Professor," she called, raising her hand as she sat back down, "Just wondering, what would happen if someone drank the potion everyday?" Not that she was thinking about it. . . her nightmares weren't that frequent.
    Matt Rusnak
    Matt Rusnak
    Third Year
    Third Year

Post by Matt Rusnak Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:40 am

Matt looked over his notes and went and got the ingredients to make this dreamless sleep potion. Getting the ingredients he went ahead and got started with the potion.

When he heard another student asked about taking the potion everyday he wondered how that would work. He had heard that it could become very addicting and like any addiction it is hard to break.
    Kasper Van Zandt
    Kasper Van Zandt
    Durmstrang Professor
    Durmstrang Professor

Post by Kasper Van Zandt Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:09 pm

Kasper hummed, watching the students go about their work, when he heard the other question.

"Well, there are many people who do take the potion for a period of time, as before meantioned, in cases dealing with trauma. However, it is always recomended to take other sorts of thearpy for these sorts of things as well. It does not do well to be dependant on potions. Addictions, and other side affects are always a risk."

Kasper wandered the room as the students brewed the potion. Helping where he needed to.

"Now, we are out of time, so if you'll all just leave your cauldrons, I suppose I'll acutally do my job and check your potions, and you may leave!"

He clapped his hand and grinned.

Lesson One complete

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 12:34 pm