Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

what's worth fighting for?

Alice Poots
    Alice Poots
    Hogwarts Staff
    Hogwarts Staff

what's worth fighting for? Empty what's worth fighting for?

Post by Alice Poots Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:13 pm

Alice rolled her eyes as she continued walking up Wenlock Rue. Didn't her parents get that she wanted nothing that came from them? That she hated what they did, their need to have the perfect family? That she didn't want a job in the Ministry and, most of all, she didn't want a pureblood boyfriend that they had set up?

Honestly, she didn't even know why they even tried anymore. They had stopped trying. She didn't exist anymore in their eyes when it came to other families, she had to work her butt off to get any money because they wouldn't help her, and she only saw them every year mostly because of her siblings. And yeah, a little because they were still her parents. But they had stopped trying, and that was all that mattered. Alice was much better off that way.

Now, she didn't know what had changed their minds. Maybe knowing that she accepted the job at Hogwarts the previous year, even though she had told them a thousand times it was only because she needed the money, gave them a little hope. She was the oldest daughter, anyway.

The ex-Hufflepuff turned a corner and kept on walking, head in the clouds. She would enjoy her day in France, and she would not, under any circumstances, go to La'fleur.

Last edited by Alice Poots on Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Juliette Josse
    Juliette Josse
    Immortal
    Immortal

what's worth fighting for? Empty Re: what's worth fighting for?

Post by Juliette Josse Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:13 pm

Humming softly, Juliette adjusted the strap of the handbag on her shoulder. Good old Wenlock Rue. Though she'd probably been her a million times in her twenty-two years, she still kept coming back. It was relaxing for one thing, and going to a place where people knew her was remarkably nice.

It was like she belonged somewhere, and she hadn't felt like that since graduation. Sure, she meshed into her family, but that was because they were family. And no matter what, she always would. Though deep down, she couldn't help but wonder if her genius mother was ashamed that she hadn't lived up to her full potential.

Shaking her head, the brunette continued along the road. Coming across a blonde who looked deep in thought, she stepped towards her. "You know," Juliette commented, stopping in front of her. "You might crash into someone if you keep walking around with your head in the clouds."

Alice Poots
    Alice Poots
    Hogwarts Staff
    Hogwarts Staff

Post by Alice Poots Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:02 pm

Alice continued down the street, curious now to who the boy could've been. Was he still waiting for her? Had he even shown up? Her thoughts were pushed away, however, when she heard someone speaking and looked up to find a person right in front of her.

"Sorry!" she exclaimed as she stopped walking suddenly, apologizing for nearly knocking the girl over, "I was just really distracted and-" It was only then she realized that was what the woman had been saying before and smiled sheepishly, "Right. Yeah. Are you alright?"
    Juliette Josse
    Juliette Josse
    Immortal
    Immortal

Post by Juliette Josse Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:26 pm

Unable to stop herself from laughing, but not unkindly at the younger girl, Juliette teased, "You have to have something really interesting going on in there." Waving an arm dismissively, she grinned, "No need to apologize. I just sort of parked myself here."

Shrugging, an amused grin spread across her face. "I'm good, thank you. What about you? Can I buy your thoughts for a Knut?" Laughing, the former Angelique pawed through her pockets, pulling out and tossing the coin in the air.
    Alice Poots
    Alice Poots
    Hogwarts Staff
    Hogwarts Staff

Post by Alice Poots Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:18 pm

Alice didn't mind the woman laughing, the situation was rather funny and she was not one to get embarrassed or mad about these sorts of things. "Something interesting," she echoed, her mind going to her previous thoughts, "Yeah, I guess you could call it that."

Laughing at the brunette, she shook her head, "Oh, I don't know, a Knut seems like way too much for them. I'd give them to you for free, but I think even that's not a fair deal. That's how silly and stupid they are."
    Juliette Josse
    Juliette Josse
    Immortal
    Immortal

Post by Juliette Josse Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:18 pm

"Ooh, that's exciting." Juliette grinned, clapping her hands together. Really, her life wasn't all that interesting. Partying could only interest another person so much. But other people's lives? They were a thousand times more interesting.

"It's free isn't even fair," the former Angelique's eyes brightened, "Does this mean you're going to give me something else when you tell me?" She shook her head, laughing softly.
    Alice Poots
    Alice Poots
    Hogwarts Staff
    Hogwarts Staff

Post by Alice Poots Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:54 pm

Alice laughed and shook her head, "What makes you think I'm going to tell you? I don't even know your name."

They were interesting thoughts, sure. What wasn't interesting about a blind date? All the curiosity and everything. But, at the same time, it was kind of silly of her to worry about that so much. Anyone else in her place - nineteen, single, and who enjoyed making friends - would've jumped at the idea of a blind date. She just didn't want her parents up in her business.
    Juliette Josse
    Juliette Josse
    Immortal
    Immortal

Post by Juliette Josse Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:52 pm

"Well then," The former Angelique grinned. "I'm Juliette Josse. At your service." Giving the blonde a serious smile, the twenty-two year old curtsied.

"And of course you want to tell somebody," she added persuasively, "You want to get it off your chest, don't you? And I'm a very good listener."
    Alice Poots
    Alice Poots
    Hogwarts Staff
    Hogwarts Staff

Post by Alice Poots Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:04 am

"Nice to meet you, Juliette. I'm Alice Poots," the blonde introduced herself with a small grin, and sighed. "Well, not that you convinced me, but I suppose it's nothing that would hurt to tell. And, of course, if you're so interested. . . "

"My parents. They're one of those purebloods who want their children to marry rich, handsome, pureblood gentlemen, And, nothing against those types of guys, I just want to marry or date whoever I want," Alice explained, "But, obviously, they don't listen. And they set me up on a date with Merlin-knows-who's son. Today."
    Juliette Josse
    Juliette Josse
    Immortal
    Immortal

Post by Juliette Josse Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:16 pm

"The pleasure's all mine, Alice." Alice, such an English name. It reminded the ex-Angelique of a Muggle child's tale, Alice in Wonderland. Merlin, it'd been years since she'd as much looked at the book. If only she had the time.

"Parents," the girl wrinkled her nose, a frown working it's way onto her face. If her parents had tried to get her to marry someone, Juliette would be more likely to never speak to them again. Sure, she had a soft spot for weddings and parties, but actually dedicating your life to someone...

She could never do it.

"So you ran off to France," Juliette finished, nodding swiftly. "I would've done the same. It's your life, and you want to live it the way you want. Can't blame you. Can't blame you at all."
    Alice Poots
    Alice Poots
    Hogwarts Staff
    Hogwarts Staff

Post by Alice Poots Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:17 pm

Alice nodded and sighed, "Parents. Annoying as hell, but what can we do about them. . . They will forever think we're little kids who need to obey rules. Fun." If there was one thing Alice disliked, besides her weird hate for the Ministry, was stupid rules. If she believed in the rule, she would tolerate it and try her hardest not to break them. But stupid rules. . . never had she followed them, and she wasn't going to start now.

"Actually, no. I came to France because my parents asked me to pick up some stuff for them," the blonde explained, "And, while I never actually to them favors, I thought - and I'm sure they did as well - I owed them, they got me a job and all that. Only when I got here, I was told I had a date. In La'fleur."
    Juliette Josse
    Juliette Josse
    Immortal
    Immortal

Post by Juliette Josse Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:58 pm

"Rules," Juliette muttered under her breath, snorting. She loved her parents. She truly did, but she wasn't going to do every little thing they said anymore.

She was an adult. Her own person now.

"Oh," she cringed sympathetically, glancing in the direction of the cafe. "Want me to go take care of them?" Her lips turned upwards, her words nothing more than a joke.
    Alice Poots
    Alice Poots
    Hogwarts Staff
    Hogwarts Staff

Post by Alice Poots Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:28 pm

Alice raised an eyebrow and smirked, wondering what the girl meant by that, but deciding that it would be something entertaining, definitely. "And 'taking care of them' would be. . ?" she asked, but shrugged and decided to just see what would happen, "Sure. Do as you please."

Since she didn't know what the older woman was planning, or if she was planning anything at all, Alice stood there and waited.

(ooc: omg savvy, i'm so sorry for the crappy post and for making you wait so long! D: )
    Juliette Josse
    Juliette Josse
    Immortal
    Immortal

Post by Juliette Josse Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:10 pm

"Oh you know," Juliette winked, grinning as she looped an arm through Alice's. "Just the usual. A couple punches here, a couple punches there. Nothing too traumatic, I promise."

Her grin widened before she gave her head a shake. "Nah, I don't actually have anything."

Alice Poots
    Alice Poots
    Hogwarts Staff
    Hogwarts Staff

Post by Alice Poots Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:36 pm

Alice laughed and shook her head, "Should've known. But now that you said it. . . " A grin spread through her face as ideas starting forming in her head. It had been a while since her last prank. Seemed like she hadn't pulled any since her Hogwarts days, almost as if she was losing her old ways. . . and she couldn't have that, now could she?

"Would you mind helping me pull a harmless little joke?"
    Juliette Josse
    Juliette Josse
    Immortal
    Immortal

Post by Juliette Josse Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:42 am

Juliette raised an eyebrow, a slow grin spreading across her face at Alice's words. Merlin, she'd hadn't pranked someone in ages. Internally tsking herself, her green eyes sparkled. Just because she'd been one of the popular girls during her time in Beauxbatons didn't mean she'd been above pranking even her best friends.

This would be fun.

"I'd love to help."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:18 pm