Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

February Air

Adria Mason
    Adria Mason
    Muggle
    Muggle

February Air - Page 2 Empty Re: February Air

Post by Adria Mason Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:37 pm

Adria nodded her head in agreement. Even if Logan had been her only friend, even she couldn't deny the feeling of comfort she received whenever he was around. "Things became even harder for me when he ran away actually," she frowned. "Sure, the bullying had stopped, but I felt a strange sense of loneliness. But I know he's still alive somewhere because I would have felt it if something had happened." She smiled sheepishly, "I realize that sounds silly, but it's the truth."

"How I can be happy knowing that you have such a deep sadness within you, Marianne?" She questioned with genuine puzzlement. "And you are in no position to decide that my happiness is greater, yours is just as important."

She once again shook her head wildly, not meeting the woman's gaze. "I-I tried to l-love someone once, and it failed so miserably. I c-can't hurt myself like that again, it'd be too much. Nate will probably have to go find himself someone else."

"Does it not always start out like that? Everything seems so magical in the beginning, but when it comes to reality, the rest just clashes," she whispered sadly. "Believe me, my heart is telling me that he really does care about me, but I cannot take such a big chance again. It will take some time for me to trust him and reciprocate the feeling completely."

Her smile was a bittersweet one, "I like him so much. I can't stop thinking about him. But that is all I know. Sometimes, he gets so nervous around me and it makes me feel like I'm going to scare him off one day or something."

The blonde hugged her friend tight and made her look at her. "You will find someone, Marianne. I know you will. I promise you that he is out there. Or she," Adria added quickly, not wanting to judge. She had seen homosexual and bisexual people get bullied as well, and she knew then and there she would forever hate those kind of primitive minded people.

"I just wish I could help you out more," she mumbled sadly.
    Marianne Delancy
    Marianne Delancy
    Head of Prideux
    Head of Prideux

Post by Marianne Delancy Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:55 pm

"I know what that's like," Marianne said softly, her words punctuated by a small sigh. "I had a friend once," she admitted, her gaze falling into her lap. "Destan," a tiny smile spread across her face, tears already welling up in her eyes. When was the last time she'd even mentioned that name? "He - He was amazing. He probably would've been my best friend if Bonnie hadn't taken that job years ago." She laughed softly before sobering up. This story didn't have a happy ending. "He died. Killed himself. And after, I spent years blaming myself. I should've seen it coming. Even a tiny sign. I should've been a better friend." Her hands clasped together, she only raised them to rub away the tears that began to roll down her cheeks.

"But time, it made it better. So much better. It still hurts to think about it - I don't think I'd be crying if it didn't -" her attempt at a joke fell flat, the smile failing. "But I don't feel so responsible for it anymore."

She shrugged her shoulders. "I've always had deep sadness in me. Knowing me, that'll probably never change." She brought her hands up to rub through her hair, sighing softly. "I know, but to me it is.

"But just because that happened once didn't mean it'll happen again. You're a scientist, right? When you do experiments, don't you have to do them more than once? Aren't there flukes?" Science, why had she went with that? She hardly understood it herself. But maybe it'd get through to Adria.

"I believe in magic," she stated boldly. "It exists." She froze for a moment, her words hanging in the air. She'd just revealed magic's existence. But she trusted Adria. "Okay," Marianne said softly. "Take your time. I'm fine with that. But I'm still not telling Nate anything." Because it's not true.

"I think he's like that with everyone," she smiled wryly. "He was like that when we first met." She shook her head amusedly. "Nate's just adorable, isn't he?"

She hugged Adria back, more on instinct than anything else. Looking up into her eyes, she bit her lip, glancing down at her lap. But she blinked up at her at her words, her eyes widening slightly. "She?" she breathed, a slow smile spreading across her face. "You - You wouldn't care if I liked girls?"
    Adria Mason
    Adria Mason
    Muggle
    Muggle

Post by Adria Mason Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:04 am

"Fuck, that is so messed up," the blonde murmured at Marianne's revelation. "Do you have any idea why he would have done that?" She questioned quietly, slight hesitance in her tone. "You should not have blamed yourself, he would not have wanted that," she shook her head slowly. "In fact, I think he would have been thankful to have you as a friend," she whispered and wiped away the brunette's tears. Though if Logan had done something like that back then, Adria knew she would have done something drastic to herself as well.

"It is good that you do not feel responsible anymore, that is itself a step in moving on," she commended and hugged the woman once more. "I am so sorry that you had to go through that. I wish he had thought of how it would affect the people around him, then perhaps he would not have done it."

Adria just chuckled humourlessly, "I hate to say this, but doing those experiments is much more easier than falling in love. I mean really, science and love cannot be compared Marianne, at least not for me. It is the only thing I have that defines who I am, even if I am left alone in the end," she admitted.

Her eyes widened in shock at her friend's confession, "W-What? Magic is r-real? But h-how?!" She couldn't believe it. Was Marianne trying to trick her or something? Making fun, maybe? She wasn't sure, but judging by the French woman's tone, she realized that it was not a joke. "Magic is real," she echoed, though she still was not convinced. "But would that not be defying the laws of space and time? And matter? On what basis is it explained on? Theology, metaphysics? Quantum?" The questions just flew out of Adria's mouth, not knowing what else to say.

"With everyone? Really?" The English woman felt slightly relieved. At least she was not the one causing Nate discomfort. "He's more than adorable actually," she mumbled and blushed lightly. "He is so amazing in every way. I just..." she trailed, suddenly overcome by a rush of emotions.

The blonde gave a small frown, "Why should I be bothered by that? It is your choice whether to like girls or boys or both," she shrugged and smiled a little. "As long as you find someone you love, I'll be glad."
    Marianne Delancy
    Marianne Delancy
    Head of Prideux
    Head of Prideux

Post by Marianne Delancy Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:09 pm

"I still don't know," Marianne murmured, her eyes squeezing shut. If she concentrated hard enough, she could still see him, as if nothing had ever happened, as if he was still here today.

And it almost made her feel better.

"I know, I know I shouldn't have, but I thought it was my fault." Her brown eyes blinked open, and she looked up at Adria, slightly dazed. Her skin reddening where Adria's fingers touched, she glanced away, biting on her bottom lip. "I hope so. That I at least made his life better when he was around."

Hugging the woman back, she nodded stiffly. "I don't think I'll ever fully move on. I'll still always feel a little bit guilty, I think." It'd been years, and she felt it. Why would that change now? "I hope that would've been true."

Fidgeting for a moment, Marianne shrugged. "I don't think falling in love's hard," she said softly. "You can't really control it. It just sort of - happens." I know that from experience.

Marianne nodded, unable to hide the amusement that flashed across her face. Her hands digging into her pockets, she glanced around them for a moment, making sure there was no around before pulling out her wand, flipping it over in her hands. "Well, I'm not so sure how it works, but I know it does." Picking up a pebble from the street, she held it in her hand, grinning up at Adria before she muttered a quick spell, the rock becoming a single golden coin. "See?" she grinned, holding it out to the blonde.

"You love him," she elongated teasingly, ignoring the sudden tightening in her chest. She couldn't change Adria's feelings for her friend. Nate and Adria were perfect together, and she knew it.

And she was most certainly not going to let her feelings get in the way.

Marianne let out a relieved sigh, a multitude of feelings swirling through her, the most prominent happiness. "Thank you," she murmured, glancing down into her lap. It was a long moment before she spoke up again, tears beginning to well up in her eyes again. "That's why they beat me up. Because of my sexuality."
    Adria Mason
    Adria Mason
    Muggle
    Muggle

Post by Adria Mason Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:05 pm

Adria could not ignore the horrible feeling in the pit of her stomach. She wished she could somehow take away the woman's pain, it was breaking her to see her friend in so much distress.

The blonde did not have that many people in her life to care about. As of now, she only had her mother. And Nate. But Marianne was beginning to join that list. The list of people she would do anything for. On the inside, she knew Logan would be on the list as well.

"It could not have been your fault," the English woman repeated in a softer tone. "If he really was your friend, which I'm sure he was, he would have talked to you rather than do what he did."

She nodded her head in understanding. Adria had been a complete wreck for the few months after her friend ran away. Nightmares, tears, fears had all become part of her routine and she nearly hurt herself, assuming that he ran away probably because he got fed up of having to defend her all the time. "Either way, just bear in mind that Destan wouldn't want the guilt ruining things for you."

"If only it was that easy for me as well," she sighed. "Maybe one day it will be, but sadly, it's not possible at this moment."

Adria's eyes widened in further shock as she witnessed the, what she thought to be impossible act. A small part of her was...disappointed. This sort of existance went against the very nature of her logics, of her research she had spent years on. However, the childish part of her was overcome by sudden excitement, almost like a ray of hope that perhaps anything really was possible.

"That is amazing, Marianne," she breathed as she held the coin in her hand. "I just want to know the how of this whole thing," she mumbled with a frown. If there was anything the blonde hated, it was not being able to fulfill her curiosity and understanding.

The blush deepened further at the brunette's teasing. "I do not love him, I just...really like him," she finished, not looking at her friend. "Maybe I will, soon, but not now. Not till I'm sure he won't leave me."

"Who the fuck beat you up? You still didn't tell me," she said, her anger coming back to her. "And how did they know of your sexuality?"
    Marianne Delancy
    Marianne Delancy
    Head of Prideux
    Head of Prideux

Post by Marianne Delancy Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:39 pm

She nodded along to her friend's words, her hands clasped together in her lap, staring blankly ahead. This was why she disliked talking - or even thinking - about Destan. It just hurt too much.

When he'd died, she'd just fallen apart. She hadn't been the one to find him, thank God, but it'd hurt just as if she had. She'd hardly been able to focus on anything at all (she still to this day wasn't sure how she'd passed her OWLs). She'd hardly eaten, hardly slept, her whole life had been turned upside down with his death.

And talking about him brought back all those feelings.

"I can always help," she said softly, leaning her head on Adria's shoulder, sighing softly. "It's what I'm here for." If she helped Adria realize how much she loved Nate, maybe it'd help her feel better. Maybe she'd get over her that way.

A grin danced across the professor's face, her heart leaping up into her throat at all the wonder written across Adria's face. She just looked so perfect that for a moment, Marianne forgot how to breathe, finding herself so caught up in her beauty.

"I can be your guinea pig," she offered, a tiny smile pulling at her lips. "Just as long as it doesn’t hurt." She’d do anything for Adria, Marianne realized suddenly. It should have terrified her, knowing that she trusted someone so completely like this, so soon after getting attacked. But she’d known Adria before, and she’d never try to hurt her. Right?

"I’m sure he’d never leave you," Marianne said softly, but her voice was forceful. Nate was one of the sweetest guys she’d ever met. Him breaking someone’s heart...it didn’t even seem possible. In her eyes, it’d always be the other the way around. She just couldn’t see it happening. "Not in a million years."

The head of Prideux shrugged, her gaze falling back towards the ground. "I don’t know. I really don’t. They were just some strangers who wouldn’t leave me alone." The whole event was nothing but a foggy mess. She could hardly remember any of it, other than the unbearable pain, and the group’s leader’s bright green eyes. "I told them. They kept... propositioning me, and I told them to get them to leave me alone and instead they beat me up and leave me dying in the snow."

Adria Mason
    Adria Mason
    Muggle
    Muggle

Post by Adria Mason Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:22 pm

"I'd really appreciate that," Adria replied, her voice just as soft, wrapping both her arms around the brunette almost in a protective hug. "I can be quite difficult though," she grinned weakly and shook her head. "But either way, I'd owe you for trying."

Even as she held the coin in her hands, the blonde still could not believe what had happened. All sorts of questions were in her mind, and her brain was working in overdrive trying to gather as many possible answers it could.

Her eyes widened slightly, "I do not want a guinea pig! I'd rather have you satisfy my curiosity by answering my doubts, than me experiment on you like some sort of testing animal." She rarely used animals in her projects, since her area of speciality was Chemistry and involved a lot of chemical usage. And even Physics, though she preferred the former.

"Deep down, I know he wouldn't," she admitted. "And perhaps I do love him, but my fear overrides my need to be with him and so I tend to lose my ability of confessing my actual feelings to him."

"Are you sure you do not know who they are? Because I am really tempted to go ahead and kick their asses," Adria muttered, her voice portraying a flurry of emotions including anger and worry. She felt a sudden desire to protect Marianne from any such circumstances, which seemed unusual, seeing as it was Adria herself who needed the saving a few years back.

"Wait...does that mean you do not like Nate? Then why did you tell me you did?" She frowned lightly in confusion.
    Marianne Delancy
    Marianne Delancy
    Head of Prideux
    Head of Prideux

Post by Marianne Delancy Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:20 am

"You can't be more difficult than a bunch of sixteen year olds who think they rule the world," Marianne teased, hugging her back and trying to ignore the butterflies that took flight in her stomach. "I think I'll manage."

She giggled softly, "I wasn't being serious! But seriously," she calmed down slightly, nodding her head slightly. "If you ever need anything magical, I'll be your girl."

I'll be your girl. She wanted that in more ways than one, but Marianne was fighting a losing battle. Adria would never, not in a million years, like her that way. It was something she was just going to have to accept. Lick her wounds and move on.

She'd done it before. She could do it again.

"Maybe you'll get over your fear one day," she said softly, rubbing at her head absentmindedly. Wasn't fear the one thing everyone wanted to overcome? And as soon as they did, it was replaced with another one.

Marianne shook her head, her eyes rooted to the side of road. "No idea. And - And I don't want to know who they are. It's ... easier if they're a bunch of nameless strangers. It makes them less ... real." She continued to shake her head, a humourless smile flitting across her face. "I'm pretty sure that's already happened. Bonnie took care of that."

She swallowed hard, her mouth suddenly dry. She couldn't tell her. She couldn't. It'd ruin everything. Being accepting of her sexual orientation and being accepting of her crush on her were two completely different things. But she couldn't lie outright to her. But before she was even aware of what she was doing, she'd already said the words out loud.

"Because I like you."

Adria Mason
    Adria Mason
    Muggle
    Muggle

Post by Adria Mason Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:54 pm

"I can safely assure you that I am not as difficult as your students," Adria grinned. "Especially since I hardly feel that I rule the world. Not that anyone would like it if I did think that, but it is amusing when teenagers do it."

Chuckling lightly, she said, "Don't you worry, I will make sure to hound you with questions about ever so doubts about the magical world." A few minutes ago, the words would have sounded ridiculous to the researcher, but even she could not deny it now. She had a sudden urge to share this information with Nate, knowing his reaction would be something similar to hers.

Just thinking about talking to him was making her heart ache and soar at the same time. Never being the one to easily fall, she had always been able to understand her own emotions. But when it came to him, all the rationality flew out of the window.

And she wasn't sure what to do about it.

"I really hope I do get over it, because if I do not, I think I would be letting go of something really special," she whispered and bit her lip.

Adria felt guilty once more and said, "I apologize, we do not have to talk about it anymore. Just forget I asked anything." The last thing she wanted to make Marianne relive those horrible moments by making her think about it. "If I ever run into your friend, I will definitely congratulate her on her action."

The blonde's eyes widened in shock, similar to when she witnessed the act of magic, only this time, it was for a whole new reason. She was once again left speechless but managed to stammer, "M-Me? You a-actually...?" She shook her head vigorously, just as she had done when Nate confessed his love for her, her mind going into overdrive.

"But I c-can't..." she trailed off again, feeling helpless and not knowing what to say.
    Marianne Delancy
    Marianne Delancy
    Head of Prideux
    Head of Prideux

Post by Marianne Delancy Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:32 pm

"It is," Marianne shook her head, laughing softy. "Some of them are just so conceited and full of themselves that you wouldn't even believe some of the things they do." She herself hardly could. Even though she'd had the job for months and time to get used to their antics, her students never failed to amuse her.

She grinned, nodding her head slightly. Watching someone else discover magic for the first time, that was magical. She'd seen some of the awe in her first years, but it wasn't the same as looking at all the emotions across Adria's face. "I'll be open for each and every one of them. Ask, and I shall answer."

Marianne absentmindedly copied the blonde, biting her lip as well. As much as it would hurt to see Adria with Nate, it had to happen. "I think so too," she said softly, a tiny smile on her lips.

She shook her head, slowly lifting it to face the woman. "It's not your fault. It's theirs and its mine. Them for, you know, doing this, and me for being in the wrong place at the wrong time." She sighed softly, flitting her gaze up to the clouds. "I'll let her know. It might just inflate her ego, but I'll tell her." She smiled, but the expression didn't meet her brown eyes, which stayed stony.

She'd just told her. Why had she told her? What in the world had possessed her to actually tell her? Letting out a little squeak, her hands clapped over her mouth, her eyes wide.

And Adria's speechlessness was only making it worse.

She hated her now, didn't she? She was going to - to -

Marianne jumped up to her feet, hands trembling. "I - I'll just go now." And without waiting for a reply and without looking where she was running to, she stepped right into oncoming traffic.
    Adria Mason
    Adria Mason
    Muggle
    Muggle

Post by Adria Mason Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:32 pm

"It is their age to behave like that Marianne, I highly they would listen to adults who wish to correct them," she shook her head, remembering her own days at middle school and high school. Even back then, she could not get accustomed to all their tactics. While some were entertaining, others were a little too cruel.

Adria looked at her friend hesitantly, "Are you sure it is alright for me to just...let go and be with him? I just...I don't know," she finished lamely and ran her fingers through her hair in frustration.

"Hey, it is not your fault, okay?!" The blonde immediately protested, angry that Marianne could ever have such a thought. "It is all their fucking fault only, you are not to blame yourself for getting hurt by a bunch of bastards." She smiled briefly and gave a single nod of her head, "Inflated ego or not, she should be aware that her actions were appreciated."

Before the researcher could say anything else or explain, the brunette was already on her feet and mumbling something. Getting over her initial shock, she got up from her spot as well. She watched in horror as Marianne took a step and quickly ran towards her friend, pulling her back onto the footpaths, tight hold on her arm, just as a few vehicles rushed by them.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?! Did you want to get killed or something!?" Adria shouted, feeling her increased heart rate and sound. She hugged the woman tightly and muttered angrily into her hair, "Do not ever do that again. Understood?"
    Marianne Delancy
    Marianne Delancy
    Head of Prideux
    Head of Prideux

Post by Marianne Delancy Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:53 pm

"I guess so," she agreed, pushing strands of her hair behind an ear, humming softly. "I think I'm going to enjoy watching them all grow up. It'll be interesting, I think, to see how the little first years mature into adults." It'd be almost like they were her children. Smiling at the thought, she found herself lost in that thought for a moment.

"Of course," she said immediately, ignoring the pang of her heart. "I want you guys to be happy. And I think that together, you'd be very happy."

And if they were happy, then she'd be happy.

She shrugged her shoulders, "If I hadn't been there, it wouldn't have happened. Simple as that." She wasn't as guilty as they were, but that didn't mean that she was completely guilt-free. The former Prideux nodded her head, an inkling of amusement colouring her face. "Will do."

Marianne's eyes widened as she finally looked around her, her head slowly turning towards an approaching car, fear sparkling in her eyes. And then she was jerked backwards, turning to face Adria.

"I don't want to - I just - I - I thought you'd be mad," she choked out, shrinking away from the shouting. Wrapping her arms around the blonde, she nodded furiously. "Yes, yes. I won't. I promise."
    Adria Mason
    Adria Mason
    Muggle
    Muggle

Post by Adria Mason Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:57 am

"That is truly a joy of teaching, yes?" The blonde remarked with a grin and nudged her friend's shoulder. "They are pretty lucky to have you as a teacher, though. I hope you realize that, and if not, well now you know."

"If you are so sure, I'll give it a try," she told quietly. "Also because I really do want to want to be with him. And while I still feel he deserves someone better, I'll do my best to not let that stop me."

Adria looked at the brunette in surprise, "Well, how were you to know that it was the wrong place to be? Come on Marianne, that is a nonsensical reason to feel guilty," and shook her head once more. "But alright, I won't say anything else."

"So if I was mad at you, you'd want to go kill yourself or what?" The blonde exclaimed incredulously. "Honestly, don't be so absurd okay?" She knew the reason for shouting was because of the scare she felt at the French woman's action. Hugging her even tighter, she did not let go till a few minutes. "I am not angry at you," she told in a softer tone as she pulled back, her hands resting on Marianne's cheeks. "Why would I? You just surprised me, that's all."
    Marianne Delancy
    Marianne Delancy
    Head of Prideux
    Head of Prideux

Post by Marianne Delancy Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:09 pm

She nodded in agreement, sighing happily, watching her breath billow out around her for a moment. "One of the better parts of teaching." There wasn't anything she overtly hated about teaching, but some parts of being a professor were better than others. Nudging Adria back, Marianne ducked her head shyly, a rosy blush working it's way across her cheeks. "Thank you. I - I try my best."

No matter how many praises and compliments she received, the woman never got used to them.

"Good," she nodded in emphasis, a grin beginning to spread across her face, accompanied by a relieved expression. "And you two are worthy of each other. There's no one else I could imagine either of you with." Except in her dreams, where she could, just for a little while, pretend that Adria returned her romantic feelings.

"I could've - should've, really - just used magic to get myself out of there." She wasn't answering her question, simply working around it. And she hated herself for it. "But I didn't. Be - Because I can't just use magic anywhere. Bad things happen that way."

She shook her head furiously, shrinking in on herself. "No! I'd never..." her voice trailed off, memories running through her head before she shook them away, finding her voice again. "I wasn't thinking. I was scared, and I wasn't looking where I was going, and that happened." The French woman gestured towards the cars whizzing past them.

Marianne met the gaze of those beautiful grey-green eyes that sent her stomach flip-flopping. Her eyes widened minutely, an expression of relief and awe lighting up her face. Reaching up with her hands, she wrapped them around Adria's hands, breaking out into a large grin. "You - You're not?" Suddenly tears began to fill her eyes. "You're not angry." She repeated, mumbling.

And without thinking, she leaned towards the blonde, kissing her.
    Adria Mason
    Adria Mason
    Muggle
    Muggle

Post by Adria Mason Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:27 am

Adria couldn't help but feel that the look on the brunette's face resembled her own, whenever she was at any lab doing experiments, or conducting research. It was her comfort zone, the wonders of the world of science and technology never failed to amaze her. "You're welcome," she grinned as Marianne blushed. "It definitely seems like you are meant for this job."

"That really means a lot," the blonde whispered with a smile. "I would not have mentioned anything to anyone had I dealt with this on my own, but I'm glad you met him, because now I really do trust your judgement." It was not going to be easy, but as long as Nate understood, it was going to be alright.

The chemist shook her head once more, "That does not answer as to how you could have known they were going to be there." Adria did want to keep quiet and not talk about it, but her protective side hoped that maybe talking about it would help her friend not to feel so guilty. "What bad things?" She asked confusedly. "I mean, can't you just use the magic either way?"

"Scared of what?" The blonde questioned quietly with a raised eyebrow. Hugging the French woman once more, she said, "I apologize for shouting at you, it was scary to have seen...." and trailed off, the fear still evident in her tone.

Adria smiled lightly at the relieved expression on Marianne's face, glad that the brunette wasn't upset anymore. "Of course I'm not-" She was cut off by the French woman's lips on her.

The researcher was shocked but coming to her senses, she moved her lips hesitantly, her grip on the brunette tightening. Just as suddenly thoughts of Nate came to mind and knowing that this was wrong, she pulled back just as quick and her hands fell limply to her sides.

"I do no know why you.....but I did not mean too...." the blonde shook her repeatedly, feeling upset at herself.

What the fuck just happened?!
    Marianne Delancy
    Marianne Delancy
    Head of Prideux
    Head of Prideux

Post by Marianne Delancy Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:12 pm

"I hope so," she said softly. As much as she loved all the jobs she'd held in the past, there was just something so special, magical even, about being a professor. Maybe she'd finally found the job for her."I think - I really want to have this job forever."

She grinned, nodding as well. "And I'm glad I met you two. Both of you are amazing friends. Wouldn't trade you in for the whole wide world." It sort of helped her statement that the women of Korean descent had friends who could - and probably would one day - steal everything of value on earth.

"You know that feeling when you just know that something's going to go wrong? I felt it. I should've listened to that gut instinct. I should've-" she cut off abruptly, shaking her head rapidly. No. She shouldn't dwell on the past. "You're not supposed to use magic in public. Some statute that came out forever ago outlines it." Marianne shrugged her shoulders helplessly. There really wasn't anything she could've done.

"That you would've hurt me like they had," Marianne choked out, her shoulders shaking. Ever since that day, it'd been her greatest fear. Lying was better than possibly dying. "I - It's alright." But even as she spoke those words, her eyes showed that it was anything but.

For a moment, the witch felt a triumphant sense of happiness. For the first time in her twenty-two years of life, she was actually kissing someone she liked and who -

All those joyous feelings were gone, replaced with a cold sense of disgust. She'd kissed someone who didn't like her back. For a moment, Nate had completely been forgotten. Marianne had put herself first, and she hated every moment of it.

"Oh my God," she murmured, hands clapping over her mouth. "I - I am so sorry."
    Adria Mason
    Adria Mason
    Muggle
    Muggle

Post by Adria Mason Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:15 am

"I would not trade you as a friend either," Adria told softly and smiled lightly. "I am not used to having people to talk to, so this is nice. I hope that it continues to be a common occurrence because I would hate to lose you."

"That is nothing to feel guilty about," she shrugged her shoulders. "We all have our moments wherein we do not pay attention to those kind of things and ignorance makes an appearance, or simply because we are not sure." Though she had never been in a similar situation, the blonde had a rough idea of what the French woman was saying. "Do not think about it so much Marianne, it's all over. I'm just glad that you are safe and sound." She said and held her friend's hand tightly.

The scientist's eyes widened and she gathered the brunette in another hug. "Hey, do not cry, I swear I was not going to do anything," she mumbled and ran her fingers through the professor's hair. "I thought that the car was...just forget about it," she muttered, feeling worse by the second.

Adria was left completely speechless, confused and worried. "I-It's alright. B-But N-Nate is going to...oh god," she stammered, beginning to hyperventilate a little. "H-he's going to be m-mad isn't he? W-What if he d-doesn't..." she trailed off, her hands shaking. "I think I should just go, I don't know..."
    Marianne Delancy
    Marianne Delancy
    Head of Prideux
    Head of Prideux

Post by Marianne Delancy Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:28 am

A blush reddened her cheeks. There was just something about those words and how she'd said it. It sent Marianne's head spinning and her stomach in a tizzy. But she wouldn't replace that feeling for anything in the world. "I'd hate to lose you as well."

She sighed softly, clicking her feet together. "I hope so. It can't be that long until I get over this guilt, right? Time heals all wounds and all?" Glancing down at their intertwined hands, it took her a moment before she slowly squeezed it. "I'm glad as well. Think of all the things I would've missed.

"I trust you," she murmured, burying her head in Adria's shoulder. "I just - for a moment I was so scared that I didn't really think." She needed to work at thinking more, didn't she? It seemed that the moment fear crossed her mind, her brain just shut down.

"He'll only be mad at me," Marianne said softly, ducking her head, her eyes obscured by sweeping bangs of hair. "You didn't do anything wrong. But if you want..." she shrugged her shoulders, hugging herself. "I can't stop you from leaving, can I?"
    Adria Mason
    Adria Mason
    Muggle
    Muggle

Post by Adria Mason Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:42 am

"It will get better Marianne," the blonde whispered softly, her fingers still holding on to her friend's hand tightly. It was almost as though the French woman would disappear if she let go. "You would not have missed thing as much as I would have missed you."

She once again ran a hand through the brunette's hair and planted a kiss on the top of her head. "Just be careful next time, alright? I cannot imagine something so scary happen like that again, especially since I may not be around to help," she murmured and smiled weakly. "But everything is okay for now, do not worry."

Taking in deep breaths, the scientist forced herself to calm down. "I did do something wrong, I..." Though she knew it was neither of their faults, she wished Marianne had not done that. Yet, she supposed it was a spur of the moment and could not really be explained.

But she had a feeling that her connection with Nate was already over, before it had even started.

"I'll explain and hopefully he will not be mad at you," she muttered with a sigh. "I think we should just leave this for now. I did mean it by the way, we are still friends and always will be," she added. "I'll see you soon Marianne, I promise." She said as she began to take a few steps back.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 7:54 pm