Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

Perfectly Innocent

Silas Raske
    Silas Raske
    Adult
    Adult

Perfectly Innocent - Page 2 Empty Re: Perfectly Innocent

Post by Silas Raske Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:42 am

Silas paused at her query, hand resting against the spine of a large tome. His head inclined slightly. For a moment, he stood there, gaze fixed upon the books. At first, it seemed he wouldn't answer.

"Because she matters to you," he responded, tone quiet although not overly soft, "and because I take my commitments seriously. I said I would care for you. That includes your niece." Then, he quietly returned to his task.
    Nia
    Nia
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Nia Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:15 am

Ksenia remained still as she waited for his answer. She didn't say a wordas he remained silent, only watching his back. When he did speak, Ksenia's gaze lowered itself onto the photo once again, becoming more solemn.

She moved slowly over to one of the windows, her own back turned to him now. The distance that she now felt between them was becoming uncomfortable. "I am sorry," she said quietly. "For yelling at you." Her hands wrapped around her frame and her figure straightened. "I am not......used to someone caring for me like that." the words were spoken slowly. It was hard for her to say something like that, after all she had been alone for a long time.
    Silas Raske
    Silas Raske
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Silas Raske Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:54 am

Leaving off from his task, Silas turned and leaned back against the front of the shelf. He crossed his arms over his chest.

"It's quite alright," he replied. "I expected nothing else, really. I suppose I am simply unaccustomed to exerting patience outside my job. Furthermore I am not exactly an open person. I am used to giving and receiving information as it is needed, and not before. I suppose I could look at it less clinically in future." That was the closest the man was coming to an apology, particularly since he didn't feel he needed to give one.

Last edited by Silas Raske on Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total
    Nia
    Nia
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Nia Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:23 pm

The witch turned with him so they could stand face to face now. A solemn mask rested over her face as she listened to him. "How did this ever turn so personal," she muttered almost to herself. For a few seconds she looked at the rug that lay on the floor between them before her orbs focused on him once again. She barely knew the man at all. Had met him only a handful of times.

"Every time you come to see me you turn my life around in some way." The statement was made slowly, the young witch's mind still unable to comprehend it. There was so much to think about after today, but the day was not yet finished and the man who was the cause of all those thoughts still stood in the same room as her. It was hard to predict anything about him. He could give her some answers or he could give her more questions.

"It's too hot in here." Her head shook from side to side slowly, a frown covering her forehead. The house was still filled with too many emotions at the moment. All the sobs that bounced off the walls not too long ago, the angry talk, the hurt feelings, they were all cooped up in the house. She turned around and opened the window, welcoming the cold winter wind that swept through the room with eagerness. Her hands rested on the windowsill and she leaned herself slightly out of the house, closing her eyes. She had always liked the cold. It was the one thing that managed to find its way under every mask. It helped her think.
    Silas Raske
    Silas Raske
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Silas Raske Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:26 am

"It's your life," Silas pointed out, tone matter-of-fact. "It's bound to be personal, even if you should not wish it to be so."

He took in her statement with a slight tilt of his head. Brown eyes studied her silently, weighing her intently. "I'm not one to leave that which I touch unaffected." The man went back to sorting things onto shelves as she turned towards the window.

"I would tell you things would become less... disorienting, that they would be more - whatever you might expect them to be," Silas spoke as he continued his task, "but I cannot give such assurances. Our situation is unique to all others in which I have found myself. If you decide that it is unacceptable to you, I will not stop you from withdrawing from our agreement." His tone was clinical in its detachment, the notion not seeming to bother him in the least. Maybe it didn't. He gave no indication one way or the other.
    Nia
    Nia
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Nia Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:19 am

Ksenia's hands wound themselves around her chest once again as she studied him. "It's my life," she repeated the words, her own tone musing. "I suppose in a sense my life has always been like this."

"Sounds about right," she said wryly with a small smirk.

The witch listened to his words, a small smile curling her lips for a moment before it was gone, her eyes watching as the wind carried the snow. "After all that I have been through," she started softly," a predictable life sounds far too boring," she stated before turning around to face him once again. "I never considered our situation to be an unacceptable one. It is very unique, yes. That is what makes it so interesting."

She approached the desk behind which he stood, thinking. Her head snapped up slightly as he said she was free to leave. Her head tilted to the side for a moment as she studied him. "Why would I leave," her voice has gained the softness she couldn't remember it having before. "You have been very kind to me. Cordelia.....has been a great shock to me. I…..thank you for finding her.” The words were accompanied by an uncharacteristic loss of poise, the uncertainty that made her look away for a few moments.

“We are going to live together,” she said, her mind willing her to find something that would take away the unsteadiness she felt now.
    Silas Raske
    Silas Raske
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Silas Raske Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:58 am

Silas moved away from the case to face her, palms resting lightly against the desk. Again his eyes took her in, measuring her, perhaps, cataloging either her minutest actions or the words parting her lips.

"You are welcome," he told her, straightening as she looked away.

Silas stepped around the desk, removing the obstacle from between them. For a brief moment he stood there before slowly starting to lift an arm, almost as though to reach out and caress her face. Were that the case, he apparently changed his mind, for he took her hand instead and gave it a gentle squeeze.

"In time, this will be a home to you," he stated simply.
    Nia
    Nia
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Nia Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:06 am

Ksenia stayed still, watching him as he moved. She turned herself slightly so that she could face him instead of the desk. Her gaze followed his hand, her expression gaining a sort of calmness.

A small smile crossed her features as he squeezed her hand, her own curling ups slightly against his. His touch has always been welcome and calming, even though she had barely known him. "Will you show it to me?" she asked, raising her head to meet his eyes.
    Silas Raske
    Silas Raske
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Silas Raske Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:26 am

Some about the small smile she gave... not quite soothed, but centered him, perhaps. It was hard to explain. Silas had not expected rejection, after all. Even if they didn't see eye to eye, it really was little more than a matter of learning how best to manage her.

At least, that's what he'd been assuming. It's how it had always worked with everything else. Still, the acceptance of the simple contact meant something which he hadn't anticipated and chose not to contemplate at the moment.

Silas gestured politely towards the door, a small smile of his own gracing his features. "Allow me to show you around," he agreed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:26 am