Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

somebody mixed my medicine

Savannah Lerran
    Savannah Lerran
    Third Year
    Third Year

somebody mixed my medicine Empty somebody mixed my medicine

Post by Savannah Lerran Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:04 pm

The third year - or would it be fourth now? - let out another cough, her whole body shaking from the effort to remove mucus from her lungs. Sniffling, the girl sat down on her bed, staring blearily around her room. Was it always this cold in here? Shivering, Savannah tilted her head up at her closet. A sweater. All she needed was a sweater and she'd be fine. Nodding to herself, she pulled herself up to her feet. Swaying wildly, she gave her head a shake, a determined glint shining in her eyes.

Sick or not, she wasn't going to freeze to death.

Taking a step towards the closet, she let out a deep breath, rubbing her head. When had it started pounding? Frowning, she reached her closet, pulling out the thickest, fluffiest sweater in there. Pulling it on, the girl smiled, despite her head beginning to pound out the rhythm of an old Celestina Warbeck song. Groaning, she flopped down on her bed, pulling the covers around her. Maybe if she just slept a bit, she'd feel better.

Sounds like a plan, sweetie.

Nodding to Honey's words, Savannah slowly but surely drifted off to sleep. But instead of getting better, the opposite happened. As she slept, her body temperature rose. Muttering in her sleep, she pulled the covers closer to her, feelng herself getting steadily colder and colder.

When she finally awoke from her fitful sleep hours later, her head was still throbbing. Huffling softly, she sat up, only to find the world spinning. Groaning, her stomach suddenly feeling queasy, she lay back down, taking deep breaths and finding that suddenly difficult. Burying her head into her pillow, the girl swore. But the only good thing about living alone was that there wasn't anyone around to admonish her.

Paling, she rolled over, panting heavily. She was going to - Pulling off the comforter, she ran as fast as she could, hardly making it to the washroom in time. Coughing, she flushed the toilet, dragging herself up to the sink. Forcing a glass of water down her aching throat, she sighed softly, rubbing her head. She'd be fine. Of course she'd be. It was only a matter of time

Taking blankets from every room she passed on the way back to her room, she built a mini fort on her bed. If she had an owl, Merlin she'd be owling everyone to take care of her. But she was too sick and too tired to get Dia to do it. Collapsing underneath her pile of blankets, she closed her eyes again, drifting back to sleep again.
    Abigail Rose
    Abigail Rose
    Third Year
    Third Year

somebody mixed my medicine Empty Re: somebody mixed my medicine

Post by Abigail Rose Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:43 pm

She raised a fist to knock on the door, but Abi heard sounds coming from inside the house. Oh, thats a good thing. With Savannah not answering her owls, Abi thought she died in her sleep or something. Sighing, she opened the door. Or at least tried too. She scowled. Good job Savannah for making this difficult. Backing up a little, she looked around if anybody was looking, then kicked the door open with a push kick.

There. Problem fixed.

Wiping her hands on her pants, Abigail found her way around the house, looking for Savannah. She found her in a room, covered with blankets asleep. Abigail imagined that if she wasn't sick, Savannah would look peaceful. Sighing, she felt Savannahs forehead and frowned at the fever. "Let me guess," She murmured, biting her lip. "You didn't take any medicine. Or tell anyone you were sick." She disappeared from the room to look for a fever potion and a anti-nausea potion. Finally, she found both in a medicine container in Passions old room. Or at least, she supposed it was Passions. The room was dusty and had looked like it was left undisturbed.

Walking back to Savannah's room, she knelt in front of the sick girl and softly shook her awake. "Savannah? Wake up- you got to take medicine."
    Savannah Lerran
    Savannah Lerran
    Third Year
    Third Year

Post by Savannah Lerran Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:04 am

In her dreams, she saw her father, as if he'd never died that day, as if nothing had ever happened. He was with her mother - Merlin, when was the last time she'd seen her mother? - and they were so happy dancing together. A tiny smile flitted across her face and for a moment she supposed that she'd look rather calm.

But her body wasn't playing nice so why should her mind?

The scene changed, becoming somewhere darker and colder. Savannah stood by the edge of a cliff, tilting her head downwards. Her stomach lurched, but she was placated by the broom in her hand. She'd fine. But then the earth shook, as if it had a personal vendetta against the world. And then she was falling, slipping through a crack in the earth. Her broom slipped right out of her hands, plummeting faster than her. She was going to hit whatever was down there. Merlin she was going to die she hadn't said goodbye to anyone. This couldn't be happening. No. No. No.

She let out one final breath, apologizing to everyone.

And with a gasp, she opened her eyes, staring into Abigail's brown ones. "Who - Abi?" Her voice was thick with sleep and weak from the fever. "Is it gonna make me feel warmer?" She clutched at the blankets around her, shivering again. "I'm so cold."
    Abigail Rose
    Abigail Rose
    Third Year
    Third Year

Post by Abigail Rose Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:02 am

Abigail frowned at the sudden gasp, worried that Savannah was having a nightmare. But Savannah was just awake. Nodding, Abigail stroked back Savannah's hair and motioned for her to sit up. "Yes. But you can't get warm unless you drink the potion." She handed the fever potion to Savannah first.

Abi wrapped an arm around Sav, offering her body warmth. "Come on, drink the potion and you become well again," She quietly urged the Gryffindor. Abi only cared for the girl for two reasons: She knew Passion as a vampire, and Savannah let her help around Honeydukes. The place that her sister had worked at, handing out free samples.

But there was something about this sick Savannah.

All grief and stubborness -strength- seemed to fade as she looked at Abi with that face. It would probably get any evil man to stop what he was doing, to help her. "Why is there no one here, helping you?"
    Savannah Lerran
    Savannah Lerran
    Third Year
    Third Year

Post by Savannah Lerran Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:16 am

"Okay." Savannah nodded her head jerkily, blinking sleep out of her blue eyes. Sitting up with the Ravenclaw's help, she let out a little sigh, giving her head a little shake. Merlin, she couldn't remember ever being this sick before. If she had, she'd remember feeling this bad. Taking the potion in trembling hands, she stared at the little bottle for a moment before holding it back out for Abigail. "C - Could you open it? Please?"

Her eyes sliding closed, she wrapped her arms around her yearmate, clasping her hands together. "So, how's your summer going?" Savannah smiled weakly. "As you can see, mine's been - subpar at best." She let out a small laugh, but ended up coughing instead.

Shrugging her shoulders, she mumbled into Abi's shoulder before looking up at her, her eyes glassy. "I have you, don't I? Isn't that good enough?"
    Abigail Rose
    Abigail Rose
    Third Year
    Third Year

Post by Abigail Rose Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:14 pm

She opened the vial and handed it back to the fellow fourth year. "Fine," Abi vaguely replied, thinking about Canada and the rodeo she had to go to. "Though I imagine it will get better." Chuckling, Abigail shook her head softly. Getting up, she told the sick girl that she was going to get a washcloth. Making her way towards the kitchen, she got a bucket out from under the sink and filled it with cool water. The Ravenclaw grabbed a washcloth and made her way back to the bedroom.

She sat by Savannah, and dipped the washcloth into the cool water. She placed it on the Gryffindor's forehead. "Is that better?" She murmured, feeling the urge to be quiet for some reason.

The Ravenclaw gave Savannah an odd look, then slowly nodded, "Yes, I guess." Then she handed Sav her other potion, with the cap off.
    Savannah Lerran
    Savannah Lerran
    Third Year
    Third Year

Post by Savannah Lerran Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:13 pm

Taking the vial back with a thankful smile, she gave her head a tiny shake to try and feel a little more awake. She only succeeded in making her head hurt even more. Grimacing, she raised the bottle to her lips, downing it in one swallow, she grimaced again. Why couldn't they make these things taste better? It was like someone had given her a handful of Bertie's beans and made her eat them all at once, but they'd picked out all the good flavours in advance.

"It'd better," she growled, pulling more blankets towards her, the vial slipping between her fingers onto her bed. "I hate being sick." She was going to find out who she'd caught this from and she was going to kill them.

Nodding at Abigail, she moved back towards the wall, leaning against it. Letting out a deep sigh, her eyes slid back closed. The potion was supposed to help and make her feel better, but she felt the exact same. Shuddering again, she hugged herself, pulling her knees up to her chest to make herself as small as possible.

Fluttering her eyes open as Abigail came back, she hissed at the sudden touch of the cold washcloth. Flinching away, she shook her head. "It's freezing. Why would I want that? Why would anyone want that?"

Taking the other potion, grumbling about how it was summer and people shouldn't be allowed to be so cold, she downed that one was well, handing the empty vial back to the girl.
    Abigail Rose
    Abigail Rose
    Third Year
    Third Year

Post by Abigail Rose Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:29 am

Abigail blushed and took away the cloth. "I don't know. I haven't exactly treated someone sick before," Abigail huffed before dumping the cloth away. Abi felt pretty dumb at the moment- which was something she hated. She was in Ravenclaw. Ravenclaws are not supposed to be dumb. She pushed away the bucket, frowning.

"How about you take a hot bath?" The dark haired girl suggested, wanting to make up for her mistake. She put the two empty vials aside. "And I'll make you hot tea while you are taking the bath." Abi messed with the hem of her shirt and sighed.

"I'm definitely not becoming a healer."
    Savannah Lerran
    Savannah Lerran
    Third Year
    Third Year

Post by Savannah Lerran Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:03 am

"I guess I can't blame you," Savannah huffed softly, her eyes sliding back closed. If she'd never done this before, then it was almost alright. Cracking an eye open, she added, "But don't turn me into your lab rat." She grinned for a moment before resting her head back on the girl's shoulder.

She hummed at the thought of the idea, the pounding in her head increasing. "But I'd have to get up walk." The girl frowned at the idea. "And my legs don't like that idea very much." She swung them slightly, continuing to frown. "You could carry me," she suggested, tilting her head at the girl.

"Good idea." Savannah nodded her agreement, a yawn escaping her lips.
    Abigail Rose
    Abigail Rose
    Third Year
    Third Year

Post by Abigail Rose Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:02 am

"You will make such a good lab rat," Abi teased, shaking her head. This sick Savannah had an interesting personality. "Nothing wrong with you when you recover from this. Well, except for some mental stuff." The Ravenclaw gave the fellow fourth year a grin and leaned her head back. Abigail really hoped she didn't catch what Savannah had.

Abi blinked and sighed. "The things I do for you really." A girl that you can hardly stand because you are so jealous of her, the little voice in the back of her head added. "Let me start the bath." Without waiting for her response, she headed towards the nearest bathroom. Pushing back the curtains and turning the faucet, Abi's thoughts was all mixed together.

Abigail was having an hard time putting up the effort to hate Savannah. Especially a sick one. Working with Savannah in honeydukes, ignoring the fact that Passion risked her own control to talk to Savannah. What was it that Savannah had, that Passion would talk to her but not her own sister? Her own parents?

Holding her hand under the hot water, Abi ignored the burning sensation. Abigail usually prided herself in being smart, one of the smartest Ravenclaws in her opinion. Why was she actually... being nice to the grryfindor. Mumbling under breath, Abi waited until the bathtub was full then made her way back to the bedroom.

"The bath is ready Savannah." She stopped by the bed, and raised her eyebrows. "Still want me to carry you child?" The Ravenclaw gave the sick girl a smirk, though Abi wasn't being mean. She was just being herself. "Don't blame me if I drop you. I don't lift weights."

Savannah Lerran
    Savannah Lerran
    Third Year
    Third Year

Post by Savannah Lerran Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:05 am

She stuck at her tongue at the girl, but a little smile pulled at her lips. "I'll be lousy, trust me. I won't do a single thing you tell me to. And that is a promise, Abigail Rose." She nodded once, crossing her arms over her chest. The thudding in her head hadn't stopped, but talking made her concentrate on something else.

"I'll be amazing once I recover, thank you very much." She huffed, sticking her nose in air. "It's because you love me, Auntie." She grinned, suddenly remembering that they related. It would have been weird, but most thing's in Savannah's life were.

She'd gotten used to it.

Nodding in reply, she hugged herself, staring up at the ceiling. She hated being sick. She could hardly do anything by herself and it was infuriating. But it was nice that Abigail was here. She would've had to get over this sickness all alone if she hadn't shown up. And the girl was thankful for it.

Sighing softly, she hummed softly to herself, an old song running through her head. And that was how she stayed until the Ravenclaw came back. Looking back at her, a tiny smile flitted across her face. "Thank you," she said sincerely. But her kindness disappated at the girl's next words. "I'm not a child!" Savannah whined, huffing. "I'm almost fifteen years old, thank you very much. I'm probably older than you."

She glared up at her - or at least, as much as a coughing girl could glare - "I will blame you."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content