Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

Light of Day [Open]

Laedin Crouch
    Laedin Crouch
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Light of Day [Open] - Page 2 Empty Re: Light of Day [Open]

Post by Laedin Crouch Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:11 pm

Laedin grinned. Digging in his pockets for some Knuts and Sickles, he put up one finger to say "one minute" and went to buy the drinks. There weren't many people up front, so he got the drinks quickly and was straight back and putting the bottles on the table. Sitting back in his seat, he sighed slightly and smiled at Lacey.

He blew ona piece of hair in his way and shrugged. "Ils- They are all getting ready for school, oui?" He really needed to stop with the French. Maybe it was because he spoke to his parents in French, but didn't have anyone to speak English to.. He was going to stick with that reason.

"You can speak to animals? C'est trés incroyable! I would love to speak to them," Thinking of all the animals that roam about his gardens, and him wishing he could speak to them, he smiled. He was just happy he wasn't jealous of Lacey because of her talent. She was an amazing girl and he'd hate resenting her because of something as petty as a talent jealousy. "It would be lots of fun. Parseltongue is one of them, oui? Mais, but, you can speak to all?" He didn't know if there was a word for people who could talk to all the animals..

"The Founders were smart, yes," Laedin wondered what it would be like in the Founders Era, and what would have happened if he was born in that time. It was such an incredible time to be in, after all. "They are lucky they found each other and made a school together, only to have different qualities they liked." The empath didn't want to think about if Slytherin really was as bad as they say he was. No one knew for sure.

"Oui, I bet even the greatest of Wizards ramble when they are nervous. The confident faces they put on could just be a mask. You never know," His small smile still played on his lips. "Ramble all you want, I do not mind at all," That was the truth and all. "They did have to start out like us, after all. Nervous students who don't know what they're doing, yes?"

"My parents would be disappointed if I did not follow in their footsteps," He muttered to her. There were a lot of people who could be listening in, after all. "Mine are probably in the same meeting. I have not been to my maison- house since last night, and I try not to find out where they are going most of the time," He shuddered slightly at the thought of the horrific meetings they go to. He remembered looking into his fathers pensieve and seeing one of them.. It made him retch. A lot. "It is." He nodded resolutely.

Laedin smiled softly as he felt Laceys arms go around him. They were both relishing in each others comfort.

"Of course I would," He stated firmly. "I have only just met you, Lacey, but I think I would like to stick with you for a long time."
    Lacey Black
    Lacey Black
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lacey Black Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:50 pm

When Laedin returned with the drinks, Lacey smiled and thankfully took one. She swirled its contents around before taking a sip. She looked up at Laedin and smiled. "Do I have an foam on my mouth? I swear the foam in these things like to attack my face. . ." she laughed.

Lacey saw him visibly flinch when he spoke French. "You know I don't care if you speak French, right?" she assured him. "It's actually very cute." Changing the subject, she motioned to a student outside who was carrying a large stack of books. "Yes, they are getting ready for school, as I should be. Just a few more days." she locked eyes with him, her's sparkling. "Maybe I'll meet you on train?"

She brushed a stray honey curl from her face and tucked it behind her ear. "I guess it is. . ." she shrugged. "And yeah. I can speak to all. I got it from my Uncle, Sirius Black. He was an Animagus but he had my talent too. I'm not sure if there is a proper term for it though. . . I guess it's really rare." When she looked at him she didn't see disgust, jealousy, or anything even remotely akin to negative feelings; just genuine interest.

Truth be told she had expected some kind of negativity. Anyone that knew was either jealous, freaked out, or wanted to recruit her for some dark army. Laedin was like a breathe of fresh air. He was understanding, sweet, knowledgeable, cute, and just all around genuine. Lacey had no idea how such a bad day could turn into something so wonderful.

"Indeed. . ." she trailed off, in thought. "I would have liked to meet them. Salzar Slytherin would be quite the shady bloke, but he was very cunning and wise. I definitely would love to have met Rowena Ravenclaw and Godric Gryffindor. Think of all the history and knowledge one could unlock by just having been in that time!" Lacey loved talking about history, it was something she enjoyed. Her face was bright and a large goofy grin was plastered on her face.

"True. . . do you every wonder if Albus Dumbledore started out as clumsy as us?" she asked. "He was the greatest wizard ever known. Sometimes I wish I could be like him, but then the weight of all my knowledge would weigh me down. The only way people ever knew about Dumbledore's past was through that book by Rita Skeeter. And I'm sure bits and pieces are even missing in that." Lacey found herself gazing out of the window again. She blushed. "Sorry, I do get very carried away with things sometimes."

She found Laedin's hand and entwined their fingers in a gesture for comfort. She knew how it felt to see and hear things that tear your life apart. "To know that my parents do these. . . horrific things then come home and shower me with affection like nothing happened is. . . sickening." she shook her head of images that came involuntarily floating to the front of her mind.

Lacey tightened her grip and turned to bury her face in his chest. "Why is everything so hard?" she murmured hoarsely, breathing in his comforting scent and wishing she'd never have to let go of the comfort he beheld.

She smiled softly into Laedin's chest and gripped the back of his shirt. "I do too, Laedin." she whispered in response feeling content for the first time in many years.

Laedin Crouch
    Laedin Crouch
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Laedin Crouch Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:23 pm

Laedin looked around her mouth and smiled, shaking his head. "You're fine, no froth, foam or anything that may otherwise make you look a little silly is around your mouth or on your face at all." He gave her a thumbs up, grinning wickedly and laughing at her last comment with Lacey.

"Merci," He muttered, another blush going over his face. He wouldn't be surprised if he fainted or had a headache later from all the blushing he was doing. "That would be nice," He said, happy to finally have someone to sit on the train with. Despite the fact he was only a second year, he had sat by himself in his first year and it was a boring journey, even if he did have his books with him. Frowning slightly, he thought about having a friend to sit with for the first time, causing a smile to blossom on his face and replace his frown.

"J'ai.. I have heard of him," Laedin nodded, remembering being told about Sirius Black and reading about him, too. "I hope I have the ability to be an animagus. Il serait donc étonnant - it would be so amazing.." He trailed off, blinking. "It'd be nice to be a Phoenix. And it is really rare, not many people have the ability and I know it's passed down through the Black family. You're lucky to have it," He winked at her, mirth shining in his eyes.

Laedin was glad he'd made a friend in Lacey. Especially as she was his first friend. he couldn't judge well, but she was a very nice girl, bright and all-round brilliant. He wondered, what if he hadn't met her? What would have happened? He didn't want to think about it.

"It would still be brilliant to learn from them though," He said excitedly. "Think of all the things we could learn from them, all the forgotten spells and rituals and runes.." He shivered slightly just thinking about it. The knowledge that's all forgotten.. He grinned.

"He probably was. He was friends with Grindelwald and they had the same ideals before something happened - I think it was Dumbledores little sisters death, and no one knew who caused it - but he turned away and instead, fought against Gellert. Just think about what he was like before that. A normal teenager who was idealistic and was innocent to the bad things, that still rambled." His other hand went on top of Laceys and he smiled at her happily. "It's fine," He reassured.

He dropped his head down to hide his face again. "I know," He whispered softly. "I know. Maybe it's because nos parents - our parents - do not have any personal attachment to those they are doing bad things to, but they love us." He shrugged, a look saying 'it's just how it is.'

"I don't know, Lacey." He really didn't. "C'est la vie.* We have no control over it."

He smiled when she gripped his shirt. He was happy despite the situation, but he didn't know what to say to her.

*That's life/That is life/It is life.
    Lacey Black
    Lacey Black
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lacey Black Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:30 pm

Lacey laughed and lifted the cup back up to her lips, this time purposefully making sure she got a little froth around her mouth. She turned her head back to Laedin and wrinkled her nose. "How about now?"

A large grin spread across her face at the prospect of sitting with Laedin. He seemed to enjoy the though as well, and she quickly launched into a plan of action. "I'm not sure how early or late you arrive for the Express, but I usually get there late; it all depends on what my parents are doing. We could meet in a compartment? If you wouldn't mind? We, of course, wouldn't have to sit with people." Excitement for the new year including the thought of her and Laedin being able to talk more on the train, coursed through her veins, and she found herself very nearly bouncing up and down in her seat.

"I'm sure you have. He was known as 'Notorious mass-murderer, Sirius Black', although he was framed by his best friend, Peter Pettigrew, for the murder of James and Lily Potter; therefore he was completely innocent but spent twelve years in Azkaban for a crime he didn't commit. Then he escaped by shifting into his Animagus form because Dementors can't feel the emotions of an animal. Ingenious, really. But anyways, I've been studying on how to become an Animagus. You should help me and maybe we could learn together." she smiled brightly at him.

"It is?" she blushed at his wink. "I had no idea. . . but I highly doubt that will be my animal. I think you'd be a Phoenix. I can think of many reasons why, too." Lacey brushed another piece of stubborn curl behind one of her ears and observed his twinkling eyes with jovial interest.

"Maybe one day we could be known as the people who found ways to travel back in time. Back to the Founders' time. Back to the era where it all began. We could take notes on how Hogwarts was designed, how they agreed on so many rooms, how they came to reasonable terms of a Sorting Hat. . ." her face shone with excitement. "So many secrets would be unraveled!"

Lacey blushed as his hand found her's. "I think Gellert Grindewald is the epitome of reason of what can happen when you allow your magic to control you, whether then you control it. He let his prejudice views that everyone should be magical and all those are inferior to overtake his head. I'm glad that whatever changed Dumbledore, did so in time. Think of what our world would be like if he hadn't changed. . ." Her brow furrowed in thought.

Lacey frowned and leaned her forehead against Laedin's cheek. "It's unfair. I think if they treat people like that then they should treat me the same. We're all human -- attached or not."

"I know" she whispered. "I wish we did, though. But I guess that's life. Bad things happen and sometimes those bad things can result in good things." she squeezed his hand. "Like me meeting you. I thought today would be terrible because my parents are at another meeting, but look. I've found someone I can confide in, that understands me. . . I've met you." she smiled softly.

She knew she was clinging to him ridiculously, but she had never confided in someone so much. She'd never been given an option of such comfort that Laedin offered. And even though the moment was silent, it was comfortable, because sometimes actions spoke louder then words. A small smile pulled at her lips as the material of his shirt brushed up against her nose.
    Laedin Crouch
    Laedin Crouch
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Laedin Crouch Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:55 pm

Laedin laughed. Picking up a napkin from the table, he raised it to around Laceys mouth and wiped the froth off from around it. "Just a little bit," He chuckled, looking at her with a mischievous look on his face.

"L'année dernière- Last year, I was a bit late. Who knows about this year," He shrugged lightly. "I usually go on just as the last whistle goes, so I will come and find you, oui?" He asked lightly, smiling at the prospect of having someone to talk to. Others sneering and jeering at him for sitting by himself and reading even though he was a first year was a bit alarming on the train. It's what made him more uncomfortable around people.

"Godfather to Harry Potter, oui?" He nodded along to what she said. Pettigrew must have been a very cowardly man for doing what he did - betraying his friends like that. It made Laedin feel a huge amount of disgust towards the man who did it. And them blaming another for it, too! "Il- He must have been a very clever man, to think of doing that," He had heard a lot about the white-sheep of the Black family from his parents. "Did he not.. pass away in 1996? Falling through the Veil because of Bella.. Uh, I can't think of her name." He shrugged. He didn't really care about the woman who would murder her own cousin anyway, so why bother trying to her name, despite his photographic memory?

He blushed a bright red at the Phoenix comment. "I don't know, I probably wouldn't be. Maybe something else, like a rabbit. I like rabbits.." He trailed off, tilting his head to the side. "You would make a very lovely Phoenix, though." He brushed that still stubborn curl behind her ear himself, smiling at her and tucking it so it would - hopefully - stay where it was.

Laedins eyes lit up at the thought. "Oh, that would be exceptionnel. Mais, we would have to keep how a secret, and pass it down to next generations," He nodded solemnly. "So the secret is not lost," He grinned at the thought of learning so many things from the Founders time. "And how they started the school, if there was any Dark Lords at the time- what the Magical towns were like, too!"

Nodding slightly, he couldn't help but agree. "Dumbledore was a lucky man to get out of it when he did. I heard Grindelwald was locked into his own prison instead of dying, but Voldemort went to torture some answers out of him- answers about what, I am not sure." Thinking it over, he hadn't read or heard anything about Voldemorts reasons for torturing the Dark Lord before him. How strange..

"Mais, if your parents did not follow orders just because the people they are doing those things to are human- they would be tortured themselves, mon cher.* It's a dog eat dog world. It's them or the people they hurt," He looked down and sighed. "That's how I see it." He didn't know how to explain it to her any more than that.

"I am glad I met you too, mon cher. Very glad you are my first amis, too." He grinned suddenly and, using the arms he had wrapped around her, pulled her swiftly onto his lap. He didn't know why he did it, but he didn't mind it, either.

*My dear
    Lacey Black
    Lacey Black
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lacey Black Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:31 am

Lacey licked her lips when Laedin finished wiping away the foam and rose an eyebrow. "Why the look, hmmm?" A mischievous glint in her own eye.

"Ça sonne bien." she said with a large smile on her face. "Je parle un peu français, hopefully I'll speak a little more when we get on the train. Sorry, I'm still quite rusty, but my parents have been trying to teach it to me." she shrugged and looked him the eyes for a minute before leaning up to his ear and whispering, "Did anyone ever tell you that: vous avez des yeux magnifiques?" Quickly pulling back, she took a sip of her butterbeer and changed the subject. "So what's your favorite class?"

She nodded. "Yes, Harry Potter's godfather. . . The story of his death has been twisted in many ways by many people, but he truly died being a courageous man, and, true to his word, trying to protect Harry Potter. I was told that he helped with a Ministry break-in to save his godson, but as they were duelling about five or six Death Eaters, Bellatrix Lestrange caught him off guard with the Killing Curse. He fell through the veil and his body hasn't been seen since. I guess it's always a wonder if he is really dead or if he is in the veil, alive." she took a sip of her butterbeer then set it down with a small clank. "I'm sure you've heard of Bellatrix Lestrange; she was a big supporter of Voldemort. She's known for the torture of Frank and Alice Longbottom and many other infamous deaths. Would've killed her own sister if it was Voldemort's bidding. Not a nice lady, that one."

Lacey laughed. "A rabbit? I beg to differ! Maybe a lion. . . or a wolf. . . I still think you're a phoenix. If anyone here's a rabbit, it would be me." Her cheeks tinged red for a hundredth that day. "Thank you. . ." she whispered breathlessly, looking him in the eyes. I hope that stupid hair will come out again so he has another reason to touch me. . . Lacey's eyes widened at her thought and she quickly cleared her throat, hoping she hadn't said anything out loud. She had an issue with accidentally voicing her thoughts. . .

"How exciting it would be to tell my grandchildren secrets that no one else in the Wizarding world know!" she exclaimed. Lacey looked around and lowered her voice. "How useful in the war that magic could be. . ." Her thoughts drifted to healing spells that could stitch even the darkest of dark magic wounds, hexes and jinxes that could slow a persons movement or temporarily blind them. . .

Lacey bit her lip. "Well. . . my family is and was very. . . attached. . . to the the Dark Lord so I think I may have an idea. . ." lowering her voice so only he could hear, she leaned in. "I just don't think they're good things to share in a public area such as this."

Her cheeks flushed at the use of "my dear" in Laedin's sentence. "I know. . . but I still don't see it right that they hurt others just because of themselves. It's selfish. . . If my parents drag me into their little 'club' I will choose death and torture over hurting others." Lacey's answer was resolute. She was firm in her choices and knew what was right, even if the consequences were painful and scary.

Lacey let out a squeak as she was pulled into Laedin's lap. Her cheeks plunged into the deepest blush ever possible, and she was quite certain that all the blood in her body went straight into her face. She was surprised she didn't pass out, not that she would have minded that, she was, after all, in Laedin's lap. . .

She looked into his face and licked her lips nervously, not knowing what to say. Despite being flustered beyond all belief, she still managed a mischievous smile.

Laedin Crouch
    Laedin Crouch
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Laedin Crouch Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:32 am

"Oh, nothing," Laedin said in a casual way, drinking some of his own butterbeer. When he put the bottle down he pursed his lips and licked the froth off from around his mouth.

"Oh, c'est bien français, mon cher," He grinned at her. Right now, he thought she spoke well enough with her French. "Non, they didn't.." He blinked a few times at the sudden change of subject, furrowing his brows before shrugging and answering Laceys question. "Defence Against the Dark Arts," because they don't teach Dark Arts at Hogwarts, He thought to himself, resisting the pout that wanted to form on his lips. "Et toi?"

"OH! Bellatrix Lestrange!" He bumped his fist onto the table lightly. "Ce fut son nom!*" He'd been thinking about it, and as he hadn't bothered to remember what her name was - as if it was that easy for him to forget things - he had just shrugged it off. "Non, she is not a nice lady, is she? I'm glad she was put down, as she was a bit like a rabid dog." And he meant no offence to the Black family, of course.

"I would like to be a wolf, that would be nice," Laedin shrugged, then looked at Lacey incredulously. "You? A rabbit? Non, mon cher, you would be an eagle, for they are wise animals and were born to live free." It was true. Not many people kept eagles as pets and they were very clever animals, which it is why it's Ravenclaws animal. "The wise eagle or the beautiful Phoenix would suit you, mon cher."

"It would be very useful, but you have to remember, time is not to be messed around too much with," He said, a little sadly. "It would be a bad idea to go back in time just to say, save someone if they died in a war," There would be consequences. "People die because it is their time, even if we don't like it, and if we saved them, it could have grevious effects on the future," Thinking about what the term for it was, he shifted through all his memories quickly. "The Butterfly Effect. If you go back in time and kill a butterfly, it could change the whole future. We will have to tell the children that, too."

"Oui, we should not discuss. There are many people in here, and I wouldn't be surprised if one of them was a spy," Laedin said quietly, looking around as if he was very, very paranoid. Though, when he entered a crowded room, he did check to see if all the exits were in sight. All the time.

"So you would like your parents to die?" He stated bluntly. He knew that his parents were doing everything as a mean to survive. When they joined the Dark - after their parents - they didn't think it would be that bad. Back in the generations, the Crouch family had been a Light family, but turned Dark after Barty Crouch Jr. joined the Death Eaters and got the Kiss some years later.

Laedin looked to Lacey and winked jovially, happy she wasn't protesting to where she was now sitting. He kept his arms around her waist, tilting his head and smiling.

*That was her name!
    Lacey Black
    Lacey Black
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lacey Black Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:18 pm

Lacey laughed and pointed to a spot right above Laedin's lip. "You still have some." she rose an eyebrow, a twinkle in her brown eyes.

"Merci." she made a facade of bowing her head and looked back up at him with smirk. She cleared her throat before saying quietly, "Well, someone should have because they are quite wonderful."
    Lacey rose her eyebrows at his answer. "That's mine, too! I just wish that they'd teach more. . . Dark Arts. I wanted to go to Durmstrang, but I don't think my parents want me to be around any such magic. It interests me to no end, dark magic, but I know that you have to control your magic, not let it control you. That's why the Dark Arts are sought as so bad, because every witch and wizard that's gotten into them has allowed the thrill of being so powerful to take them over, and they allow their magic to control them. Magic was given as a possession to a wizard for them to learn to control and handle. If we don't, then bad things can happen. . ."

"I know. . . because of her I never got to meet Sirius. I have a feeling we would have gotten along very well." Lacey frowned. "I have a portrait of him, you know. Sometimes I talk to it when I need help or advise. It's the closest I can get to him. He tells me that if he were alive, then we'd be the best of friends." she smiled dreamily, her eyes were glazed over in thought as if she were looking at another world. "When my I was sorted into Gryffindor, my parents didn't talk to me for a few days. Sirius was the one who congratulated me and said I would be a very powerful and important Black." Almost at once her whole demeanor changed; her smile replaced by a frown, her shining face darkened, her eyes snapping back to reality. "But of course, Bellatrix had to take any opportunity of having an understanding friend away from me. I hate her so much."

"You remind me of a wolf, you know." Lacey replied, gazing at Laedin fondly. "You're strong, smart, witty, sly, yet friendly and handsome. Somewhat of a mystery." Lacey laughed at the thought of hopping around as a little white fluff ball. "An eagle, I don't think so. . . I'm far from wise, trust me." She looked down at the table as a small blush crept upon her features. "Beautiful Phoenix?" she shook her head with a small smile and looked at Laedin. "A handsome wolf and a beautiful phoenix. . ."

Lacey shrugged. "Yes, I suppose. . . but their is the prospect of saving someone from a fate worse then death when said someone is innocent. I think it would be okay, as long as that someone has not faced that fate. Like. . . Gracious this is hard to explain!" she shook her head. "Never mind. But I fully agree with you on every aspect. As long as one isn't traveling years back in time to reverse something, then perhaps it may be okay."She glanced at him and for a moment, a tender smile adorning her features. "The children. . ."

With a glance around the room, she turned back to Laedin and lowered her voice to a whisper. "Have you ever had the feeling, that you were being watched?" she gritted her teeth against the panic welling inside of her.

Lacey looked away from him, gluing her eyes to a crumb on the table. "I never said that." she murmured painfully. Her vision became cloudy again and with a shake of her head she made to stand. "Maybe I should go." her voice was shaky.

Lacey sat up a little and moved towards him until their noses were touching. "Did you have a reason for giving me a new seat?" She smiled and a few stubborn curls fell into her face.

Laedin Crouch
    Laedin Crouch
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Laedin Crouch Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:51 pm

Laedin frowned, bringing his hand up to his mouth and wiping it. "Is it gone?" He asked carefully, moving his eyes to look down at his lips.

"Dark Arts, hm?" He couldn't help but agree. "Oui, I wouldn't mind learning Dark Arts either," He said quietly, looking around the room quickly. People weren't supposed to hear conversations like this from two Hogwarts students. After all, Hogwarts was supposed to be an 'all-light school'. "The Dark Arts are very enthralling. Les gens- People get caught up in them easily, even though they know what could happen if they don't have control over everything," He shrugged. "That's why there aren't many Dark Lords every few years. Many people cannot handle it."

Laedin himself thought that there were people who had an affinity for Dark magic and others for Light, but over the years it had become distorted. Light people started shunning the Dark, so those who had an affinity for it had to go into hiding. It's not like they could do anything about being shunned just because Dark magic was in their blood, so they had to pretend to have the Light magic in them instead of their Dark.

He shrugged. "There's nothing you can do. He is gone now. He would have been kind of old anyway, and he may of had a family of his own. You would have been good friends, you're both the white sheep in a black crowd," Thinking for a moment, he sighed. "What's done is done, je.. I suppose."

He smiled fondly at Lacey. "C'est trés jolie. A very beautiful pair, I would say," He muttered to her happily. It was true, he wouldn't mind being a wolf. Having some of the wolf traits would be very useful for the upcoming war. "Maybe we could study the Animagus transformation together when we get to school." He thought about the different books in the Library he had found on it, and how he had planned to study it.

"You could go back and meet Sirius before he died, maybe," He said to her quietly. "The problem would be is that you would want to tell him to be careful at the Ministry, or what would happen to him. You couldn't, it would change everything too much."

He looked around after what she said, before nodding slowly, hardly moving his head at all. "A lot, which is why I usually check that the exits are still clear from where I am sitting."

"Are you okay?" He asked her, panic filling his voice slightly. There was something wrong, he knew it, he just didn't know what and it was annoying him to no end. "There's something wrong.." He tried to keep calm, but it wasn't exactly working..

"No reason at all." Laedin muttered, tucking the curls behind her ear then moving his hand to put it to her cheek.
    Lacey Black
    Lacey Black
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lacey Black Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:27 am

Lacey laughed as Laedin went cross-eyed and moved closer to his face to examine his mouth. "This isn't awkward or anything. . ."she said with a bright smile as she moved closer. "Mmm, you have a little bit right. . . here-" she reached up with her hand and gently wiped off the last of the foam that was on his top lip with her index finger.

"Yes. . . I suppose you're quite right." Lacey replied, bobbing her head from side to side in agreement. "I mean, I like-" she lowered her voice. "the Dark Arts and all, but I'm not one who's going to go tampering with things I know I shouldn't. I don't think I would even be able to get a syllable of one of the Unforgivables off my my tongue if I knew it would cause harm to another being." she sat back in her chair and examined her glass for a moment. "There was this. . . one time where I was walking in my garden with my parents. It was a beautiful day; birds were singing, the sun was toasty, Nocens was stumbling around -- chasing after gnomes." Lacey smiled as she recalled the memory, but a frown soon replaced the happy expression. "And just as we were about to turn a corner at the rose bushes, we saw three figures hanging from one of our peach trees. . . by their necks. It was the worst image I can ever remember.

"I saw me, my mum, and my dad, all dangling from ropes by our necks -- bodies swaying with every gust of wind. It was only when my father said 'Finite Incantatem' that we fell into sludgy messes, turning into brown/green goo. It was terrible. My mum ordered me inside and even Nocens was frightened. She told me it was Dark Magic." Lacey turned her head to stare out the window. "One of the worst sights I've ever seen."

She smiled. "Indeed, he would have attained a great age. And even though I am upset, I wouldn't change it for anything, because I know it was his time and he died a hero. He died loved and cared for by many. Including those he would never know expect through a portrait."

Lacey smiled at him, secretly adoring every smile she received in return. "Indeed it would be. . ." she pulled a book out from the large pile she had stumbled in the pub with. It was a tattered, black, leather-bound guide to how to become an Animagus. "I've already started. Here-" she handed the book to him. "It's very informative. I've learned a lot already."

She shook her head sternly at Laedin. "No. I wouldn't be able to face him without telling him to not go to the Ministry. And, knowing him, he'd probably go anyways and history would just remain the same." she fingered the forgotten charms book on the table contemptuously. "Except I'd know him for real this time and it would be hard to let him go. To get over his death. Sometimes I feel like he, even being a portrait, he is the only true family I have."

The witch sat up a bit and discreetly scanned the surrounding room. At first she thought she saw a pair of eyes watching them, but when she whipped her head back to look, they were gone. "I feel nervous, now. . ."

Lacey shook her head at Laedin, trying to hide her watery eyes. "No, no, everythings fine. I'm, erm, I-" she drew in a shaky breathe. "I-I don't. . . I. . . My parents are probably looking for me." her voice quivered and she attempted to stand again, feeling desperate for air.

Lacey's skin burned from where Laedin's fingers had brushed her skin, and her cheek seemed to flame from his hand being placed on it. She looked into his eyes, saying quietly, her voice barely audible, "Are you sure?"

Laedin Crouch
    Laedin Crouch
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Laedin Crouch Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:13 pm

Laedin smiled at her when she wiped the rest off. It didn't matter really, he was embarrassed because of what happened and would have been walking around with froth on is face anyway..

"That's terrible.." He whispered, shock and horror in a mix on his face. Seeing something like that at a young age would be traumatic, and someone doing that was just disgusting. Especially since a child could have and did find it. "Did you ever find out who did it?" He asked curiously. It would be good to hear if the person paid for what they did.

The empath nodded. Sirius sounded like a great guy - if a bit child-like after his time spent in Azkaban - and Laedin would have loved to have met him too. Although he had lost most of his life in the prison, he would have had a lot of experience.

Taking the book and looking through it, Laedin nodded along to what he was reading before closing it quietly and grinning. "Merci. I will treasure it whilst I have it." He said happily. Although his parents weren't Animagus', they knew they spells to help if one got stuck in the transformation - and they could help him when they had the time.

Laedin would have felt sympathy, but most people didn't like it - he didn't know whether he should or shouldn't. "In the future, you'll find more family. Ne vous inquiétez pas*." He said, and he meant it. Family stuck together, and she would find the family she wanted.

He was frantic now. There was something wrong, and he didn't know what to do. He was a Ravenclaw for goodness sake! He should have some plan! "Do you want to go outside?" He asked quietly, looking around the bar.

Laedin nodded before pressing his forehead to hers, breath ghosting against the others lips. "I'm sure."

*Do not worry.

[OOC: Sorry for taking so long! And about the last line; oo-er.)
    Lacey Black
    Lacey Black
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lacey Black Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:14 pm

With a shake of her head, Lacey leaned back into her seat with a careful smile on her face as she looked at Laedin. "I think it would have been a better idea to allow you to walk around Hogsmeade with butterbeer froth all over your mouth. You looked much better that way." she smiled playfully and a laugh bubbled over her lips.

Lacey pursed her lips and looked back down at the table, her eyes glued to a speck of something that hadn't been wiped off. "Sort of." she whispered. "You see. . . it was someone in my parent's group. They hadn't done of what was asked of them and so that image was a sign to them of what would happen if they did not complete the task. Of course, they never told this to me, but I knew. My mum would just keep saying stuff about 'rotten children learning magic like that at such a young age'. I believed them for a while until I learned about where they were really going on their 'date nights'. After that I knew exactly what that image was all about. And I can tell you I'll never forget it."

With a smile, she nodded towards the book. "Bien. I've read it about six times already. My parents don't know and I think they'd murder me if they did. That's why I haven't attempted to shift yet, I'm far too scared they'll walk into my room." she laughed a little, imagining herself as half rabbit half human and seeing the look on her parent's faces.

Looking up into Laedin's face, Lacey saw nothing but genuine truth. She smiled. She hated sympathy. She felt it for no one and nothing; it may sound terrible, but when did sympathy every help anyone except make them feel weak? "I know. And even if it is someone that I'd never dreamed it would be. . . I'd be happy to have someone."

Upon remembering that Laedin was an empathic and that he could feel exactly how she was feeling only tenfold, she calmed herself slightly. She wiped furiously at her eyes and sat back in her seat, trying to calm herself as to calm him. Now she felt utter guilt. How could she so carelessly lose herself like that? Sure she was upset about what they were talking about, her parents and all, but she had no right to just blubber up like a baby. "Sorry." she murmured hoarsely. "I just sort of. . . lost it there for it minute." she shook her head firmly. "No, not outside. I'd hate for my parents to get out of their meeting early and see you with me. It could be bad for you. And they'd make me leave." she looked at Laedin softly. "I don't want to leave."

Lacey's breath became more labored when his forehead leaned against her's. She could feel his warm breath on her lips and she felt her eyes close. "Positive?" she whispered.

(OOC: Nah that's alright. Real life always catches up with us in someway o-< And oolala)

Laedin Crouch
    Laedin Crouch
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Laedin Crouch Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:47 pm

"Oh, merci," Laedin scoffed jokingly, grinning at Lacey. He had to admit, he'd never had this much fun with someone, let alone held this long of a conversation - except for with his parents. "I'm sure I would have looked stunning."

He smiled softly at her, reassuringly. "I'm sure you wont- mais, that is the reason they do what they do. Your parents don't want you to end up hurt because of a bad decision, oui?" He shrugged lightly, running one of his fingers along the rim of his butterbeer bottle.

"Oh, mes parents don't really go in my room.." He trailed off slightly. "I don't think they care about what I read; they're just happy I'm quite smart." He winced slightly. If he ended up gettings P's and T's in his exams, they would have murdered him, he was sure of it. He didn't want to end up like Marcus Flint, having to repeat a year at Hogwarts.

Laedin could only smile at her. "You'll be fine, mademoiselle."

"'M not gonna leave." He muttered to her, stroking the back of her hand with his thumb. Puffing out a slight sigh, he shrugged. "My parents would he happy I'm talking to a Black," He rolled his eyes. "Bloody purebloods. Je suis.. I am just glad I met you; you're a great friend, Lacey." He grinned at her.

"Positive." He replied firmly before leaning forward a bit more and pressing his lips to hers in a light, chaste kiss.

(OOC: I had a bit of a fangirl squeal when writing that.. o///o)
    Lacey Black
    Lacey Black
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lacey Black Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:22 am

Lacey grinned at Laedin. "You're quite welcome. You know," she paused in though. "I am known for my amiable qualities, such as being very helpful." her voice teasing and playful. "I think you look it with and without froth." Realizing what she said, a blush crept up her neck and to her cheeks.

"I suppose." she watched the afternoon sun glint off her glass and turned to gaze out the window. "You know, you're the only person I've ever shared this information with. It's new. But I guess it feels good to get it off my chest and have someone with more knowledge and no built up grief and anger give me advice. Thank you." she said sincerely.

She smiled. "You are indeed smart. They should be proud." she brushed a curl out of her face and leaned her head upon her hand. "My parents check on me, though. They've been so jumpy lately; it worries me. Sometimes I'll walk into my room and find my drawers open and stuff lying around like they were looking for something. Although I don't know what in Merlin's name they'd find. . ."

Lacey's lips twitched up. She thought of Nocens and nodded. "I know."

Relaxing slightly at his comforting touch, she glanced at him. "Yeah. . . I guess my parents wouldn't be that unhappy that I'm talking to a Crouch. Pureblood generation and all. . . They just don't like me having close contacts. Friends -especially. Never knew why, but they get testy about me being close to people. But I don't care." she smiled up at him. "I'm not going anywhere either."

Laedin's lips pressed to her's and Lacey's brain shut down. It felt so natural and comfortable; her eyes almost widened in surprise. She wanted the moment to last forever.

(OOC: You mean the fangirl squeal girls get when sparkly Edward takes off his shirt in the theater or the fangirl squeal I get when I see a cupcake on the counter? Anyways. . . I got all giggly when I read that. . . :3 )
    Laedin Crouch
    Laedin Crouch
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Laedin Crouch Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:43 pm

Laedin blinked a couple of times and gaped for a moment before a full-out blush formed over his face and spread over to his ears. "Thanks.." He said quietly. "You do too. Et vous." Winking playfully, he took another sip of butterbeer and wiped his mouth on his sleeve. "You are very helpful, as well."

He hummed lightly. "I'm not that smart. The older, the wiser, and you're a year ahead, so I'd say you're smarter.." Shrugging lightly, the corner of his lips twitched up in a half-smile. If his parents heard this conversation.. Shaking his head, he disbanded the thoughts.

Laedin felt his eyebrows raise slightly. "They could have been looking for an indication that someone else has put something in your room? Just in case?" Someone in the Dark Sect. could have put something like a Port-Key there. Maybe even someone from the Light Sect, too! "Et.. some information on you and where your loyalties lie?"

"Maybe your parents are paranoid?" Pursing his lips slightly, Laedin thought about it. "Anyone could be a spy after all." He wouldn't spy for anyone, that's for sure; Laedin was on the side of 'couldn't particularly give a damn unless someone he loved was hurt', he tried to stay out of things. He didn't mind Muggles, he wasn't fond of them either, he just stayed out of their way if they stayed out of his. "Je suis.. glad. I am glad." He smiled happily.

Laedin pulled away after who-knows-how-long, a blush spreading across his face. "Ah, desolé*. That was uncalled for.." He muttered, a blush spreading across his face.

*sorry

(OOC: As I don't like Edward Cullen, the one when you see a cupcake squeal.)
    Lacey Black
    Lacey Black
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lacey Black Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:27 am

Lacey looked down at the table to hide her smile. "Thank you." Reaching across the table, she grabbed a discarded napkin and handed it to Laedin. "I know I am." she smirked at him.

With a shake of her head, Lacey took a sip of her rapidly cooling butterbeer. "Now, don't be all modest. I can see that slight air to you that shows you're smart and you know it." She suddenly became serious again. "But what I meant was, it's great to have someone who matches your intelligence. And that someone's opinion and advice isn't tarnished by anger and grief for the people I need advice for."

"Could be. Although I don't see why anyone would want to attack me. Plus, the manor has many protective enchantments on it. It's basically impossible to get into unless you're a Black. . . " Lacey trailed off. "But they never usually bother me about my loyalties. That's an unspoken topic until it can no longer be held off." she paused. "And I'm guessing that's for when the war comes. When that happens, my decision will no longer be inevitable."

Lacey looked unsure, but nodded in agreement. "Perhaps. . . And yes, anyone could very well be a spy. But I don't see why people would need to spy on us. It's not like my parents reveal any information about their 'meetings' anyways. Not to each other nor to me. But you never know." she shrugged. A smile found its way to her solemn features. "As am I."

Seeing he felt terrible, she pulled him by his collar to so that their lips pressed together again for another chaste kiss. Pulling back, she decided it was her turn to blush deep crimson. "Non, j'ai bien aimé." she muttered awkwardly. "Please don't apologize. . ."

(OOC: Nor do I, so good choice. Cupcakes are good. And sorry it took me a while to answer.)
    Laedin Crouch
    Laedin Crouch
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Laedin Crouch Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:21 pm

Laedin laughed slightly as he took the napkin, wiping his mouth again and then setting it on the table in front of him, fiddling with it in his unoccupied hand.

He hummed lightly and kept the half-smile on his face. Yeah, he knew he was smart, but only a little above average - so he liked to believe. He shrugged and looked down to his lap. "Oui, I s'pose you're right." He said quietly, ignoring the twisting in his stomach.

"To get at your parents - they obviously care a lot about you. Mais, a lot of Purebloods or Half-bloods to have Black blood in them. I know the Malfoys do," He pointed out. "Unless they can only be entered by a full Black or someone with more than half the Black blood in them." Tilting his head to the side, he thought about the possibilities and who could possibly enter the wards. "Je pense.. Non, I know the Crouch family have some Black in them somewhere along the line."

He shrugged helplessly, not knowing anything about the meetings or how they worked, either. "That might be what someone is trying to find out," He muttered, furrowing his brows. "Something about the meetings, and they might think you or your parents know something about them."

"Okay then," Laedin murmured after some thought. "I'm not sorry then, nor am I sorry for this." He pressed his lips up against hers again, taking care to not push too hard.

(OOC: Glad I'm not the only one. xD Sorry from me, too. It's been like, 5 days? And I have school tomorrow.. D: /shudders)
    Lacey Black
    Lacey Black
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lacey Black Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:16 am

Lacey turned and gazed out of the window, a far-off look in her eyes. "It scares me to think that in a little while, I'll be back at the Manor." Why the thought bothered her so much, she wasn't sure. Averting her eyes from the setting sun, Lacey watched Laedin fidget with his napkin. "Leadin, even though you're a grade younger than me, we'll still talk at school, right?" a few tears blurred her vision. "Even though we're in different houses, we'll still see each other, right?" why such a sorrowful emotion was triggered, Lacey didn't know. But the thought of being lonely another year. . . she couldn't stand it. A tear burned her cheek, and she quickly swiped the back of her hand over her eyes. This was stupid! Why was she crying? She should be used to being lonely!

"I know I'm right," Lacey muttered, poking Laedin's cheek. She cocked her head to the side and smiled playfully. "Mr. Humble."

Lacey's breath caught in her throat. Fear suddenly quelled up in her stomach, a feeling she hadn't payed much attention to since the incident in her garden. Laedin was right. The Crouch's were part of the Black family. The Blacks were a large generation of Purebloods, now mainly composed of Halfbloods and Muggleborns - or so it seemed to someone of such vicinity. She didn't find it disgraceful like her parents did. But now, as she deepened the concept, it scared her. Anyone could be after her family. Or her. Did Laedin's family have something against hers? What a silly notion! How could she even consider such an eccentric thing?

But, as Lacey sat there, staring at her empty glass that was wet with condensation, her eyes widened at a new thought. What if Laedin was just sent by his family, to get to know her? To get close to her and learn all of her secrets as well as her family's? What if his family was really against hers? Her eyes began to burn with sudden realization. Why else would she have clicked with him so easily? What other reason could explain their quick friendship? Was it all just a set-up? A pain like no other erupted in her chest. She looked at Laedin and her lower lip trembled.

"Maybe." she shrugged. "It's hard to tell nowadays who are the bad guys and who are the good guys. Do not you agree?" Lacey titled her and eyed Laedin curiously.

Lacey's eyes widened before fluttering close. Her grip on Laedin's jacket slackened until both hands were resting lightly on his chest. The kiss was soft and sweet. Perfect. She moved closer, feeling warm and safe for once in her life, she molded into him.

(AH. And you think a week was a long time? It took me almost a month! XD I'm not sure if you even get on anymore, but here it is! My super late post! (smiles sheepishly) Better. . . late then. . . never. . .? Hehe. . . Yes, school has me half dead. D: )
    Laedin Crouch
    Laedin Crouch
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Laedin Crouch Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:41 pm

(OOC: It's all good~)

Laedin listened to Lacey talk with a sad air around him. The emotions were affecting him slightly - he was used to it, though. He would be fine. Letting out a shaky breath, he nodded. "Of course," He muttered quietly, running a hand along her cheek and wiping some of the stray tears that had fallen. "Of course we'll still see each other," He didn't think he would be able to stand it if they didn't.

Chuckling slightly, he swiped a hand over where she had poked him. "If you say so, then oui,"

Humming in agreement, he raised an eyebrow at her. "Not everyone is trustworthy," He acknowledged. "En france, there is a proverb that goes 'Si tu veux la paix, prépare la guerre'," He thought over the translation. "Basically it is 'If you want peace prepare for war.' If you prefer Latin, it goes 'Si vis pacem para bellum.'" He shrugged, not really sure where he was going with this. "You can't trust anyone, but you must prepare for war where people betray and hurt the other side to help them and their allies win."

Laedin ran his tongue over her bottom tongue hesitantly, not really knowing what he was doing or if it was okay to do.
    Lacey Black
    Lacey Black
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lacey Black Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:20 am

A blush crept up Lacie's neck as Laedin's hand left a tingling path along her cheek. She sighed and shook her head, apologizing. "I'm sorry. I don't know what's gotten into me. I suddenly just felt this terrible, overwhelming sadness. I don't think that I would. . ." she paused and drew a breath "be able to stand it if I didn't see you again."

Tapping the table with her finger, Lacey straightened her posture and drew invisible hearts on the table. Laedin was right. Obviously. She should stop freaking out so much. It was, inevitably, quite ridiculous. If Laedin was sent to harm her and her family, then so be it. She wouldn't dwell on the future anymore. It wouldn't do. Whatever was going to happen would happen and Lacey had the feeling she wouldn't be able to stop it even if she wanted to. She nodded and looked Laedin in the eye. "I guess you're right." she smiled. "You speak Latin?"

Lacey opened her mouth at the feel of Laedin's tongue and could feel her breath come more shallow.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 5:24 pm