Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

4 posters

Lesson Two - first years

Lesson Two - first years Empty Lesson Two - first years

Post by Guest Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:15 pm

Professor Minerva sighed, tiredly rubbing her eyes. Her life beside the classroom has been taking its toll upon her. However, a neatly cast Glamor Charm with an easy wave of her wand she hoped to be enough so as not to make it too obvious to her pupils. Another wave of her wand made the name of two spells appear on the blackboard: Protego and Expelliarmus. Those were the two spells she was going to hammer on with the first years for now. Putting a smile on her face, she quietly waited for everyone to arrive so that she could introduce the newlings to Wizard Dueling.

Flora Evans
    Flora Evans
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Lesson Two - first years Empty Lesson two

Post by Flora Evans Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:42 pm

Flora walked in at a relaxed pace. She was early and she knew it.
    'Hello Professor' she greeted and took a seat near the front.

Lesson Two - first years Empty Re: Lesson Two - first years

Post by Guest Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:43 pm

"Good morning, miss Evans," Professor Minerva greeted kindly, nodding at the young Ravenclaw.
    Damian Gray
    Damian Gray
    Other
    Other

Post by Damian Gray Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:20 am

Damian made his way into the classroom, eagerly moving a seat near the front. He noticed another student, a Ravenclaw had arrived before him. The boy wasn't sure he had seen her before, but there were a lot of students, so he shrugged it off, offering her a friendly smile as he sat.

"Hello, professor," he said politely. His gaze moved to the board and a smile stole across his face. Theo had told him all about Protego and Expelliarmus. He'd never cast them, of course, but he was well aware of what the spells were meant to do. Damian couldn't wait to give them a try - he just hoped he was good at them.
    Flora Evans
    Flora Evans
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Lesson Two - first years Empty Lesson Two

Post by Flora Evans Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:16 am

Flora smiled back at them both, a bit hesitantly. She had read about the spells, but never done one before.

Post by Guest Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:09 pm

"Alright. Who of you has an idea what Expelliarmus is used for?"
    Flora Evans
    Flora Evans
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Flora Evans Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:11 pm

Flora raised her hand, "To disarm your opponent, Professor."

Post by Guest Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:13 pm

"Very well, Ms. Evans. 20 to Ravenclaw!" Professor Minerva said. "Does any of you know what Protego is being used for?"
    Flora Evans
    Flora Evans
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Flora Evans Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:49 pm

Flora spoke up again, 'To erect a shield that protects against most spells,'

Post by Guest Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:55 pm

"20 more for Ravenclaw," Professor Minerva said. "Does any of you by incident know which spells it does not protect against?"
    Flora Evans
    Flora Evans
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Flora Evans Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:27 pm

Flora wasn't so sure about her answer this time, 'The Unforgivables, perhaps?'

Post by Guest Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:35 pm

"Again correct," Professor Minerva said. "20 more to Ravenclaw for the answer and 10 more on behalf of Ms. Evans for answering three questions correct in row."
    Damian Gray
    Damian Gray
    Other
    Other

Post by Damian Gray Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:43 pm

(OOC: Gee... thanks for giving me a chance to answer. >.-)

Damian plied his attention to his notes as his classmate had beat him to raising her hand to answer and practically kept her hand in the air. Oh, well, the boy thought. He knew he knew the answers, in any case. Though, he did have something to add to that last response.

"Protego is only meant to shielf from one-direction, isn't it?" he posed his answer as a query. "So spells that attack from more than one direction at the same time would get around the shield. You'd have to specifically erect a spell that protects you from all sides for that."

Post by Guest Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:39 pm

"That's true, Mr. Gray," Professor Minerva replied. "Of course, the more skillful the caster is, the stronger and the larger the shield will be, but still it only shields spells from one direction as you mentioned. There are other spells which allow the witch or wizard who casts them to retreat into a safe bubble so to speak, but these are very advanced magic. 30 to Hufflepuff, Mr. Gray."

Post by Guest Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:24 am

"Now, we'll go over to casting Expelliarmus..." Professor Minerva said. With a wave of her wand, and the incantation muttered aloud, Ms. Evans' wand flew to her." She easily caught it in her left hand, her right being her wand hand. With a nonverbal spell she allowed the pupil's wand to fly over to her again and lay on her desk. "Now, I invite either of you to try and Disarm me. Anyone?"
    Damian Gray
    Damian Gray
    Other
    Other

Post by Damian Gray Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:19 pm

"I'll try, professor," Damian volunteered. The boy wasn't arrogant enough to think that he'd actually succeed, but it wouldn't stop him from trying his best.

Rising from his seat, he moved to the front of the room, replaying how the professor had performed the spell in his head. He waited for the professor to indicate that he should proceed before repeating it himself. "Expelliarmus!" he enunciated confidently.
    Lucus Skywalker
    Lucus Skywalker
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lucus Skywalker Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:26 pm

Lucas wasn't sure if the Duelling Professor would let him for being late. "I'm sorry Professor, but I just joined yesterday and signed up yesterday as well." He apologized. "Is it okay for me to still take the class?"

Post by Guest Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:28 pm

"Protego!" Professor Minerva called, erecting a large strong shield before her so that the pupil's spell rebounded, making him fly back against her desk. However, just in time, she managed to cast a cushioning charm so he barely felt it. "Allright?" She asked him and waited for his reply as she explained, "You see, both spells can be of importance in a duel. Now, can you please split up in pairs and practice these curses? I'm certain no one will fly back from the force of a Protego like was the case with mine," she said with a small chuckle. "10 points to Hufflepuff, by the way."

Post by Guest Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:31 pm

"10 points will be taken from your House for late arrival, Mr. Skywalker. I need to put a line to what is being tolerated and what is not. Please understand that you just like everyone else has to abide by the class rules like stated here. You'll have to ask permission from the Headmaster to still join. If that is okay for him, then I'll be willing to accept you. Now please do take a seat instead of standing there."
    Damian Gray
    Damian Gray
    Other
    Other

Post by Damian Gray Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:33 pm

Damian grinned as he bumped lightly against the desk - that could've hurt! "Yes'm," he said, nodding. I love magic.

His blue eyes swept the classroom. There was Flora - whom he'd met - and the boy who came in late that he didn't know. "Professor," he said, "there's an odd number of us."

Post by Guest Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:36 pm

"So I've noticed, Mr. Gray," she said and smiled. "I fear that you'll have to switch a little among the three of you then," she said. "I'd otherwise suggest someone practicing with me, but we'll need a bunch of cushioning charms then..."
    Damian Gray
    Damian Gray
    Other
    Other

Post by Damian Gray Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:53 pm

"I wouldn't mind practicing with you, professor," Damian said, "but you might be able to supervise us better if we switched."

Post by Guest Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:57 pm

"That was indeed my worry, Mr. Gray. These are charms of importance in wizard duelling... Maybe at the end of the lesson you could all have a go at me - an Expelliarmus and a Protego."
    Flora Evans
    Flora Evans
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Flora Evans Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:07 pm

Flora anticipated Damian to start, so she asked, "So, who'd you want to have a go with first Damian? Hello, by the way." she added the last part for the newcomer.
    Damian Gray
    Damian Gray
    Other
    Other

Post by Damian Gray Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:45 pm

"Either of you can go first," Damian told the girl. He wanted to practice Protego first, anyway. In fact, maybe if they practiced a bit with each other first and he observed... Then, he could see what worked and what didn't.

"Doesn't matter to me," he shrugged.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 9:09 pm