Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

Just a little bit homesick (Open)

Colin O'Brian
    Colin O'Brian
    Head of Hufflepuff
    Head of Hufflepuff

Just a little bit homesick (Open) Empty Just a little bit homesick (Open)

Post by Colin O'Brian Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:02 pm

Colin sagged into a chair in the staff room with relief. Being around all the children was stressing him out. He like calm and quiet, kids did not bring that.

The only child he did like was miles away.

Oh well, he had to do this, he reminded himself. He was doing it for her.

Still, he glanced at the fire, would it hurt so much to check up on her?
    @ Kiwi
    @ Kiwi
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Just a little bit homesick (Open) Empty Re: Just a little bit homesick (Open)

Post by @ Kiwi Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:12 am

Kieran needed a break from the outdoors for a bit. The sun was affecting him more then it usually did and indoors was the best medicine for it. Making like a bee towards the Staff Room on hopefully towards some nice and delicious he entered the room.

He entered the room and was so oblivious that he didn't notice who looked like the Head of Hufflepuff judging by his dark yellow clothes. Not wanting to disturb the man who looked deep in thought he took one of the other seats after getting a nice cup of coffee. Blood would have been better but sadly he had that stashed away at his own room.

Kieran closed his eyes and enjoyed the darkness that came with it.
    Colin O'Brian
    Colin O'Brian
    Head of Hufflepuff
    Head of Hufflepuff

Post by Colin O'Brian Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:17 pm

Colin's consentration was lost when the door to the staff room opened.

He glanced up at the other professor who had walked in. He didn't recognize him, but having only just arrived a short time ago he didn't know many staff members other than the Headmaster who hired him.

Shaking his head he pulled away from the fire - Delaney could wait; she was probably having too much fun with her cousins to notice he was gone anyways.

"Good evening," he nodded at the other man, who seemed to be relaxing also. He left it at that, not wanting to interupt thoughts that this man may not want interupted.
    @ Kiwi
    @ Kiwi
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by @ Kiwi Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:55 am

Kieran was enjoying the silence when the other man spoke up. Opening his eyes he turned to him and nodded and said "Good evening to you as well. I do not think i know you but then again I just started here so it's not a surprise. My name is Kieran Reinhardt and I teach Care of Magical Creatures."

Sitting up more fully in his chair Kieran took a sip of his cooling coffee.
    Colin O'Brian
    Colin O'Brian
    Head of Hufflepuff
    Head of Hufflepuff

Post by Colin O'Brian Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:51 pm

Colin smiled softly, "I've heard the students commenting on the number of new Professors - I too am new; Colin O'Brian - astronomy."

"So Kieran," he looked about the room a moment before turning back to the other Professor, "is this your first teaching job - or have you been working in this professor else where?"
    @ Kiwi
    @ Kiwi
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by @ Kiwi Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:30 am

"No this is my first teaching job actually." he said taking a drink of his coffee, "I love it so far although I do hate having to teach in the daytime. Hurt my eyes a lot."

"Have you taught elsewhere," Kieran asked back to the man eying some lint on his coat and removing it.
    Colin O'Brian
    Colin O'Brian
    Head of Hufflepuff
    Head of Hufflepuff

Post by Colin O'Brian Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:39 pm

Colin gave Kieran a brief look. It seemed odd that the light should bother him so, but he decided not to say anything, instead he added, "Yes the sun has been quite bright recently."

"No, no, no," he shook his head and laughed a little, "To be perfectly honest I'm not sure if I'm proper for this job. I needed it more than I wanted it... but I guess the headmaster knows what he's doing. Besides like I said, I need the job."
    @ Kiwi
    @ Kiwi
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by @ Kiwi Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:58 am

"Well I guess we will see over time if you like the job and do it well, won't we then."

Sitting there in the silence Kieran said, "I certainly love how quiet it is here at the moment. Those kids can certainly raise a raucous."
    Colin O'Brian
    Colin O'Brian
    Head of Hufflepuff
    Head of Hufflepuff

Post by Colin O'Brian Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:23 pm

Colin nodded solemnly at his point.

"Yes," he added vehmently, "They certianly are! A constant mass of noise - it's odd how one doesn't seeme to notice this when they are the student." He chuckled softly to himself. He certainly didn't remember being quite so noise a student.
    @ Kiwi
    @ Kiwi
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by @ Kiwi Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:46 pm

"Yes but then again maybe we weren't that noisy. Maybe the kids of today have just gotten louder," he said smiling.

"So how did you come about getting a job here at Hogwarts?" Kieran asked.
    Colin O'Brian
    Colin O'Brian
    Head of Hufflepuff
    Head of Hufflepuff

Post by Colin O'Brian Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:31 pm

He smiled and nodded at the other man's point, "Too true."

"Me?" Colin paused a moment thinking back to his life before... everything and how it lead him hear, "Well... for quite a few years I actually wrote for the Daily Prophet. The pay was well, and I didn't mind it, but then..." he shook his head. It wouldn't do to dwell on the past; he was here now, and he was going to make sure it didn't happen again, "things happened, and news wasn't... I couldn't stay." He heaved a sigh, "and then it lead to me still needing a job; astronomy was really the only thing I ever excelled at besides writing, so here I am."

"What about yourself?"
    @ Kiwi
    @ Kiwi
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by @ Kiwi Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:08 am

"Just by chance really," he said, "I had heard that they were looking for new teachers and jumped at the opportunity to join the Hogwarts crew."

Looking down at his glass he saw it was empty. He got up to refill if then sat back down.
    Colin O'Brian
    Colin O'Brian
    Head of Hufflepuff
    Head of Hufflepuff

Post by Colin O'Brian Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:16 am

"Jumped at the chance, eh?" he asked smiling slightly, "Dying to teach magical half-pints were you?"

He shook he's head. He really was going to have to get use to the children being around if he was going to teach.

God, he thought covering his eyes, what have I gotten myself into?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 5:43 pm