Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

+5
Damian Gray
Aquila Turrow
JJeh
Jamie Malfoy
Shaun Moody
9 posters

L3-1st years-Swelling Solution

Shaun Moody
    Shaun Moody
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

L3-1st years-Swelling Solution Empty L3-1st years-Swelling Solution

Post by Shaun Moody Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:01 am

Shaun drowned his tea and straightened up. He vanished the set with a wave of her wand. Another wave opened the door for him. Time for another class.
    Jamie Malfoy
    Jamie Malfoy
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

L3-1st years-Swelling Solution Empty Re: L3-1st years-Swelling Solution

Post by Jamie Malfoy Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:08 pm

Jamie rushed to get to the class and when she walked into potions she saw only the professor there no students. "Hello professor Moody" Jamie sat down and got out what she would need for the class.
    JJeh
    JJeh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by JJeh Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:27 pm

J. J. slipped into the potions classroom murmuring a barely auditable hello to the Professor. The last class still weighted heavy on her mind

She was going to do better to day; she was going to make sure of it. With that thought she folded herselg into a seat and had nothing left to do but wait for something to happen.
    Aquila Turrow
    Aquila Turrow
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Aquila Turrow Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:49 pm

Whistling Aquila more or less skipped into the Potions Classroom. He was in a good mood; he had finally caught up with everything.

"Professor," he broke his tune to nod at the man at the front of the room. He nodded to the other to girls there, tiping an imaginary hat at them, "Ladies."

Then after a quick apraisal of the room, he flopped into a seat happily continueing his tune.
    Damian Gray
    Damian Gray
    Other
    Other

Post by Damian Gray Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:18 pm

Damian walked into Potions class with a smile for the Professor. J.J. and the Malfoy girl were there, as well as a new boy, who was whistling. He wasn't so sure he'd be whistling, himself. Professor Moody didn't seem the type who'd appreciate that.

Moving to a seat near the front as was now habit, Damian took a seat and pulled out his supplies, eager for class to begin.
    Jamie Malfoy
    Jamie Malfoy
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Jamie Malfoy Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:23 pm

Jamie watched a boy from ravenclaw come in whistling. When he addressed the hufflepuff girl J.J and herself Jamie rolled her eyes and giggled a little by what he did.
    Flora Evans
    Flora Evans
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

L3-1st years-Swelling Solution Empty Potions

Post by Flora Evans Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:28 pm

Flora walked into the dungeons, hoping this'd be a good class. 'Hello Professor' she sat next to Aquila and hissed, 'Stop it silly, you're going to lose us points.'
    Aquila Turrow
    Aquila Turrow
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Aquila Turrow Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:35 pm

Aquila rolled his eyes but smiled.

"And hello to you too Flora," he whispered back. "I was merely trying to express my joy with the day but if t really bothers you..."

He made a low, yet dramatic sigh, but did stop his whistling.
    Rebecca Greenway
    Rebecca Greenway
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Rebecca Greenway Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:26 pm

Rebecca strolled into the classroom and bowed to the teacher. "My sister and I look forward to being under your tutelage, Professor Moody, and apologize for missing the last class. We had a... mishap... with an exploding potion that a seventh year was working on." She explained, elbowing her sister.

She smiled her most polite (political, as Valerie called it) smile and took a seat.
    Ezekiel Wolfe
    Ezekiel Wolfe
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Ezekiel Wolfe Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:34 am

Seth arrived and saw Damian up front so he made his way up to the seat beside him and sat down. "Hullo," he said as he got his materials ready.
    Shaun Moody
    Shaun Moody
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

L3-1st years-Swelling Solution Empty L3

Post by Shaun Moody Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:40 pm

Shaun's eyebrow twitched when the boy came whistling, what in the name of Merlin!
    "It's alright Ms. Greenway. However I'd appreciate an owl before you choose not to attend my class. And I Thank Ms. Evans for keeping her exuberant friend in check and save Ravenclaw house from losing more than five points. Now, Swelling Solution. Name one ingredient, state the use, win your house points."
    Valerie Greenway
    Valerie Greenway
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Valerie Greenway Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:10 pm

"Oof," Val huffed when the elbow connected with her gut. She shot a glare at her sister, and smiled at teh Professor as well. "We are sorry, Professor. It won't happen again.

"Um, if I may answer Professor, one ingredient is puffer-fish eyes, and it's use is to make things swell." She answered. Something about this man made her nervous and she didn't talk with her usual hyperness. She probably sounded exactly like Becky at that moment.
    Shaun Moody
    Shaun Moody
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Shaun Moody Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:16 am

"Well done Ms. Greenway." Shaun nodded, "Ten points to Ravenclaw. Anyone else?"
    Valerie Greenway
    Valerie Greenway
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Valerie Greenway Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:16 pm

Valerie smiled unsurely, and lead her sister to a table where they could sit together. "Thank you, Professor." She murmured. She wondered why she felt so... on guard about this man, as they had certainly never met, and he had neither done nor said anything to have her distrust him...

But her instincts had saved her life before, so Valerie would be cautious, but respectful.
    Shaun Moody
    Shaun Moody
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Shaun Moody Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:43 am

'Well, I don't expect you to know the rest of ingredients anyway.' (OOC: Since I'm makin it up :-p ) Shaun straightened up.
    'The others are One drop of Erumpent fluid. Which will initiate the swelling. Chopped tubeworm, activating rapid cell division. And Extract of Belladonna, providing Stabilisation.
    Now, you won't be handling the Erumpent fluid, since it's highly explosive. I'll administer it for you the first time. Here goes the recipe'
    with that Shaun waved his hand, and writing began to appear.
    1 Chop one tubeworm in fine and regular peices. Stew them in a cauldron half ful of water.
    2 Drop 5 pufferfish eyes and stir five time counter-clockwise.
    3 Raise your hand and call for me, when the potion turns a purple color

'Follow the instructions very carefully. Begin.'

Last edited by Shaun Moody on Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Flora Evans
    Flora Evans
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Flora Evans Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:31 pm

Flora started chopping the tuberworms.
    'Come on Sunshine, get to work.' she whispered to Aquila.
    She was careful to keep the peices even and small. She filled the cauldron with water, till it was half-filled. Then she dropped the chopped tubeworms into tha cauldron to stew them.
    Jamie Malfoy
    Jamie Malfoy
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Jamie Malfoy Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:23 pm

Jamie filled her cauldron with water until it was half filled. She then started to chop up the tube worm in even pieces. When she was finished with that she put the pieces into the cauldron and she stewed them.
    JJeh
    JJeh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by JJeh Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:50 pm

Ok, J. J. told herself, last class is forgotten - this week we are following every instruction to-a-T and it is going to work.

Once she was sure that she had her cauldron exactly half full - which she had taken painstaking care to do - J. J. commenced with her chopping. Investing the usual amount of focus she used to cast a spell on keeping her hand steady and making sure each peice she cut of the tube worm was both fine and regular.

She felt like she was developing Obsesive Compulisive disorder, but she didn't care. Whatever she had to do to make sure she didn't make as big a fool of herself as she had the lesson before.

Carefully she let them fall into her cauldron, and only relaxing slightly she waited for them to be properly 'stewed'.
    Aquila Turrow
    Aquila Turrow
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Aquila Turrow Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:21 pm

"I'm going, I'm going," he whispered back pulling out his material and chopping, "Sunshine?" he smile mischeiviously raising an eyebrow, "Why Ms. Evans are you hitting on me? I did not know we've progressed to that sort of relationship." He made an effort to keep his laugh soft and quiet as he teased her.

Once he was done chopping, he dropped them into the half fulled cauldron, and taped his finger on the desk as he waited for them to stew.
    Damian Gray
    Damian Gray
    Other
    Other

Post by Damian Gray Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:18 am

Damian quietly set to work, chopping the tubeworm and adding it to his half-full cauldron of water. He counted out five pufferfish eyes as he waited for the tubeworm to stew.

After adding the eyes and giving five precise counter-clockwise stirs, the boy then raised his hand into the air.
    Flora Evans
    Flora Evans
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Flora Evans Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:47 am

Flora rolled her eyes, 'You wish' she murmured and concentrated on her work.
    She dropped the pufferfish eyes and stirred five times counter clockwise, the potion turned purple alright. Then she raised her hand and waited.
    Jamie Malfoy
    Jamie Malfoy
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Jamie Malfoy Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:50 pm

Jamie dropped the 5 pufferfish eyes into her cauldron and stirred five times counter clock wise.
    When it turned purple Jamie raised her hand for the professor.
    Shaun Moody
    Shaun Moody
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Shaun Moody Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:54 pm

Shaun moved onto Damian's worktable.
    "Now class, watch carefully. You take this dropper, pull the Erumpent Fluid into it. Take it into your right hand, and the phial of Belladonna Extract in your left hand. Drop one drop of the fluid and pour the extract before tha drop hits your potion. Like this." He demonmstarted the action perfectly.
    "It is very essential that you pour the Belladonna Extract before the Fluid hits the potion level of the cauldron. Another option is to pour half the Belladonna before adding the drop. But that decreases the potency of the potion." Shaun continued onto Flora's worktable, and then Jamie's.
    JJeh
    JJeh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by JJeh Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:55 pm

J. J. had just been about to add the pufferfish eyes when the Professor called everyone attention to what he was doing.

She bit her lip nervous that waiting to long to add the eyes was going to ruin her potion some how, but watched anyways.

She let out a small sigh knowing the professor was going to do that part. After watching his she wasn't sure if there was any amount of concentration that would allow her to not screw up something so finiky as that.

Turning back to her own work she added the eyes and then sturred carefully.

One.

Two.

Three.

Four.

Five.

She let a small smile break on to her face when the potion turned as close to purple as she could guess. With relief that she had finally done something right in this class, she put up her hand to wait.
    Aquila Turrow
    Aquila Turrow
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Aquila Turrow Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:03 pm

Aquila listened to the Professor closely, following his motions and commiting it to memory.

He finished the last few steps in the potions as soon as the Professor had stopped speak, and satisified with the colour - not that there was much he could do now if he wasn't - raised his hand to wait.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:16 pm