Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

Astronomy Lesson three (Third years)

Colin O'Brian
    Colin O'Brian
    Head of Hufflepuff
    Head of Hufflepuff

Astronomy Lesson three (Third years) Empty Astronomy Lesson three (Third years)

Post by Colin O'Brian Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:23 pm

Colin slipped into the classroom feeling a little frazled. His third years had finally come around to signing up for his class, and he was a little slow on the sudden need for a lesson plan.

Sighing he ran a hand through his hair and dropped into his chair to wait.

Astronomy Lesson three (Third years) Empty Re: Astronomy Lesson three (Third years)

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:14 pm

Ondrea kept close to the wall as she ascended the stairs to the Astonomy tower... in the dark. Why did this place have so many scary staircases? And why, oh why had she signed up for a class that happened at night. A nervous whimper escaped from her and she started at a sound farther down the staircase. The girl might have peeked over the banister to see what it was, but then the whole height thing became an even greater issue.

At least the spiral staircases didn't move.

A bit spooked, the girl ran up the last several stairs and darted into the classroom.

"P-p-professor," Ondrea stammered in greeting, then plopped down in the nearest chair. At least the classroom was well-lit... for now.
    Cole Sholly
    Cole Sholly
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Astronomy Lesson three (Third years) Empty Re: Astronomy Lesson three (Third years)

Post by Cole Sholly Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:26 am

Cole climb the stair case into the Astronomy tower. "Good evening Proffesor lovely weather for star gazing don't you think?" he said has he walked into the room. There was only one other student there a Ravenclaw who seemed to be in many of his classes. "Hello" he said greeting her with a smile and sitting down behind her.
    Colin O'Brian
    Colin O'Brian
    Head of Hufflepuff
    Head of Hufflepuff

Post by Colin O'Brian Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:36 pm

"I'm glad both of you could make it," Colin pulled himself out of his chair as the second student settled into her chair. "I'm sorry for the slightly confusion on this class. Until you two signed up there were no third years in this course - so obviously it is going to be a small class. But that should be better for you."

With a flick of his wand Colin pulled the chalk board closer.

"I've been told that the previous Professor with the previous set of third years were going to be looking at constellations. So I find that as good a place as any to start here."

"So why don't one of you tell me what a Constellation is, just to get us started."

Post by Guest Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:53 am

Ondrea shot an uncertain glance at Cole when he didn't move to answer. Biting her lip, she slowly raised her hand.

"It-it's a col-collection of s-stars that form a p-pattern or im-image. They o-often have my-mythological s-signif-ficance."
    Colin O'Brian
    Colin O'Brian
    Head of Hufflepuff
    Head of Hufflepuff

Post by Colin O'Brian Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:36 pm

"Very good Ms. Montgomery. You are correct. Constellations are clusters of stars, that us humans who walk the earth, have attached images to. Five points for Ravenclaw," he paused a moment to collect his thought, "You are also correct in that their names often do come from Mythology. Astronomy, as I hope you know, is a very old practice. So often times, the cluster, or constellations we see today, formed an image that struck a cord with the ancients. They've seen something that links to one of their myths, one of their stories."

"So, now that we got a definition of what a constellation is, lets make a list. What constellations do you know?"

Post by Guest Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:35 pm

"C-Cassiopeia, sir? And um... there's Orion, L-Leo... Pis-sces?" Ondrea guessed. She wondered why Cole wasn't offering an answer, but perhaps the boy had trouble answering questions in class, too.
    Colin O'Brian
    Colin O'Brian
    Head of Hufflepuff
    Head of Hufflepuff

Post by Colin O'Brian Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:28 am

"Thank you, Ms. Montgomery, those are all correct, why don't you take another ten points for Ravenclaw."

He flicked his wand so the constellations the girl had said showed up on the chalk board.

"Do you know anything about these constellations, Ms. Montgomery? How about you Mr. Sholly? Have anything to add to this converstation?"

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:31 pm

"Orion w-was a hunter. L-Leo was a lion an-and I th-think Pisces are f-fish," said Ondrea. "Leo and Pis-sces play a r-role in a-astrology." She bit her lip. She didn't really know anything else, much. Still Cole maintained his silence, almost making Ondrea want to laugh at the irony; she'd never answered so much in class in her life.
    Colin O'Brian
    Colin O'Brian
    Head of Hufflepuff
    Head of Hufflepuff

Post by Colin O'Brian Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:43 pm

"Thank you. Seeing as how you are third years - and such a small class, I have two tasks for you to do."

"First, I would like a small paper on the story behind any constellation of your chosing. Secondly. when people study the sky they will notice that - if one looks long enough - that it's not always the same. Stars come and go, and things like the moon and planets have thier own orbits that move them about. Throughout this year, and your studies in astronomy, I would like you to have a record of these changes. So you will be making star charts."

With a flick of his wand both student recieved a piece of large chart paper.

"With your star chart, I would also like to see you focus or be able to point out the constallation. So you have the rest of the class to work on which ever one you chose - though I will add that it would probably be easier to do the chart now."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:37 pm