Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

Astronomy Lesson four (Third years)

Colin O'Brian
    Colin O'Brian
    Head of Hufflepuff
    Head of Hufflepuff

Astronomy Lesson four (Third years) Empty Astronomy Lesson four (Third years)

Post by Colin O'Brian Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:35 pm

Colin wondered if he would actually have any students for this class. There was only two to begin with and he wouldn't be surprised if they didn't show up. Still he had to have the class.

He didn't really mind anyways. Turning his chair around he let his gaze wander to the window and the stary sky. He was doing this for a good reason, and he was going to do it well.

Astronomy Lesson four (Third years) Empty Re: Astronomy Lesson four (Third years)

Post by Guest Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:15 am

Why was this creepy old castle so bloody dark at night?!?? Ondrea thought is dismay, rushing up the stairs of the Astonomy tower. At Beauxbatons, the corridors and stairways were always well-lit anytime there were any classes taking place. Hogwarts was just... just... dreary, sometimes!

Hurrying in the classroom, she finally took a moment to catch her breath. She was the only student there, so far. Ondrea wondered if Cole would even show up.

(OOC: Busy week for me, so I might be slow in responding. Sorry in advance.)
    Colin O'Brian
    Colin O'Brian
    Head of Hufflepuff
    Head of Hufflepuff

Astronomy Lesson four (Third years) Empty Re: Astronomy Lesson four (Third years)

Post by Colin O'Brian Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:49 pm

"Hello Ms. Montgomery, thank you for actually coming. It looks like your classmate is not going to join us this evening," he paused slightly hoping to keep irritation out of his voice. He appricated his students actually showing up for lessons, but there was nothing he could do about it now, "So it will just be the two of us, I guess."

Colin took another moment to catch his thoughts before begining his lesson.

"Now, last time we covered a general idea of Constellations, and I had you do a paper on one in particular - which reminds me you can hand that in anytime during this class Ms. Montgomery; I also had you start a star chart, in which I hope you put some focus on constellations.

"Since we have covered the general idea of both the sky and constellations last time - this time I want you to go into specifics.

"Tonight we are going to have a peek at the night sky, and see if you can identify any constellations up there now."

He nodded then, "So, Ms. Montgomery, you can set to work on that now; anytime you think you got one just hollar, and we will proceed to discuss what you think you see."

(OCC - tried to attach picture but my computer is making it look like it did not work, so just follow this link and use the first map you find when you scroll down --> http://www.fas.org/irp/imint/docs/rst/Sect20/A5.html )

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:51 am

Ondrea immediately handed in her work, then made her way to the window. It was a bit odd to have a class with only her and the professor - it might as well have been a private tutoring session. She didn't mind, of course. Having just the two of them was actually preferable.

She studied the sky for a moment, before hesitantly reaching out a hand, tracing out a sideways 'w' shape. "C-Cassiopeia?" she guessed.
    Colin O'Brian
    Colin O'Brian
    Head of Hufflepuff
    Head of Hufflepuff

Post by Colin O'Brian Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:43 pm

'Ah yes, the fair Queen Cassiopeia," Colin smiled looking where the girl was pointing, "Good spoting Ms. Montgomery; yes two of those stars up there are some of the brightest in our galaxy."

"The greek mythology that there 'W' is based off of comes from Queen Cassiopeia, who was rumored to claim her beauty to be above all others; up in the sky there she is accompanied by her daughter Andromedia. Do you think you can place that one?"

Post by Guest Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:34 pm

Moving a bit off from Cassiopeia, Ondrea traced out two lines of stars that connected at a point. "S-some add a-another line th-there," she said, pointing out a crooked line off of one of the others. "I-it's known as 'th-the Woman in Ch-chains' con-stellation."
    Colin O'Brian
    Colin O'Brian
    Head of Hufflepuff
    Head of Hufflepuff

Post by Colin O'Brian Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:07 pm

"Very good, Ms. Montgomery," Colin nodded getting lost in the sea of stars above him for a moment, "The woman in chains, taken of course, from the greek myth of course, same as Cassiopea. They chained Andromedia to a rock for sea creatures to get as a punishment for something or another that I believe her parents did. Thus the chains."

Again he looked at the sky for a long moment before a thought came to him and he checked his watch.

"Well, Ms. Montogmery, that is our time for tonight. Thank you for actually appearing for our lesson, and you are free to leave."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:45 pm