Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

The Charms Mistress' Apprentice || Mad and J.J.

JJeh
    JJeh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

The Charms Mistress' Apprentice || Mad and J.J. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Charms Mistress' Apprentice || Mad and J.J.

Post by JJeh Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:56 pm

J. J. smiled as the Professors wand flew out of her hand and headed towards J. J. Instinct took over for a moment, and she grabbed the wand before it fell to the ground.

"Thank you, I will," she smiled as she handed the wand back to it's owner.

J. J. listened carefully and nodded. Sheild spell, so she must have to really want to block something, protect herself.

Like before closed her eyes and focused on what she wanted, trying her hardest not to let any uncertainty slip into her casting. After having one success it was becoming easier to do so.

Taking a deep breath, as had become her habit, she practiced the wand motions a couple times before she tried to cast it.

She was ready. Holding her wand high, and shoulders back she took in a deep breath finding that a more comanding voice helped her feel as if she had more control over the spell.

"protego!"
    Madisen Lewis
    Madisen Lewis
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

The Charms Mistress' Apprentice || Mad and J.J. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Charms Mistress' Apprentice || Mad and J.J.

Post by Madisen Lewis Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:28 am

Mad gave a slight nod. "Good," she said. "Again. This time, I shall cast a stinging hex at you." The woman raised her wand, though, she didn't really need it for something so simple as a stinging hex. Without giving the girl much more time than that to prepare, she fired the hex at her.
    JJeh
    JJeh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by JJeh Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:32 pm

J. J. watched to Professor raise her wand and then suddenly a spell was being cast at her.

Her heartrate raised in panic, and for a moment she forgot what she was supposed to do.

All she did know was she sure didn't want to get hit by that spell.

Instinct and memory finally took over - and not a moment too soon - and she waved her wand.

"Protego!" she yelled with as much panic as force.

She really hoped this one work, because a stinging hex did not sound like fun.
    Madisen Lewis
    Madisen Lewis
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Madisen Lewis Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:16 am

The shield charm only just deflected the hex, but it did so.

"Good," Mad pronounced. "Another to practice with a classmate. We will visit it again in the future.

"Now, I believe we have covered quite enough for one lesson. I do wish for you to read up on defensive spells," she said. The woman gave a low whistle and the owl who had delivered swooped towards them. Mad held out her arm for it to land, then turned back to the girl.

"As I am no longer a Hogwarts professor, we need means to communicate," Mad told the girl. "The school owls can be unreliable, and so, I felt it prudent to provide you with one of your own. If you are unable to care for him when you return home over the summer, he may, of course, remain with me. Regardless, this bird is yours to keep, Miss Jones."

She extended the owl towards J.J. nodding for the girl to hold out her arm.
    JJeh
    JJeh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by JJeh Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:19 am

J. J. let out a sigh of relief as the sheild deflected the chram. She was under no false impressions that she had had more time to wait for the shield to show up. She was definitely glad that it had worked.

Her response to practicing died on her lips as the owl that had given her the note arrived and Miss Mad told her that it was now hers.

"Mine?" she asked in a soft voice as she held out her arm as the professor indicated. The bird, after giving a soft hoot, jumped from the woman's arm and landed on her own, "He's beautiful."

She held up her hand slowly to pat the feathers on his wing, worried that if she moved too fast he might nip at her.

Finally she looked at the older woman a soft grateful smile playing on her lips, "You really shouldn't have Miss Mad... but thank you - I can take care of him."

She looked at her new pet for a moment, still letting the new wonder that it was hers sink in, when a thought struck her.

"Does he have a name?"
    Madisen Lewis
    Madisen Lewis
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Madisen Lewis Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:09 pm

What was very nearly a smile pulled at the corners of Mad's lips as she watched J.J. admire the owl. She had been careful to select a bird with that docile as well as intelligent.

"I thought you would wish to name him yourself," she told the girl.
    JJeh
    JJeh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by JJeh Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:03 am

J. J. smiled and looked at the owl, pondering the possibilities for a moment.

"Hmm," she thought aloud as she gently stroke the birds soft feathers, "You seem like a... Hermes; my own little messanger."

J. J. had always had a small interest in Mythology - it seemed so... different, mystical to believe in gods. And what better name for an owl than that of the messanger of the gods?

The owl hooted, and she decided to take this as a confirmation. Her pet newly names, she greeted it softly, "Hello there, Hermes."

"Thank you again Miss Mad. This really is..." she trailed off not entirely sure what it was but glad of the gesture anyways, "Thank you."
    Madisen Lewis
    Madisen Lewis
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Madisen Lewis Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:38 pm

"You're most welcome, J.J.

"Now, as it is time I be returning you to school and owls do not particularly like apparation, say good night to Hermes. He will be at the school by tomorrow morning."

Waiting for the girl to say her farewell to her new companion, Mad then held out her arm for J.J. to take. "Hold on tight," she reminded. Then, turning, she apparated them back to the gates of Hogwarts.
    JJeh
    JJeh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by JJeh Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:51 pm

"Than owl's are smart creatures," she laughed, not looking forward to apparating home herself.

She gave the bird one last pat, and whispered her farewell. The owl hooted its own good bye and flew off. J. J. watched him until he was out of sight.

J. J. looked at the offered arm with slight forebodance knowing what was coming and not looking forward to it at all. Might as well get it over with.

She gripped the woman's arm tight as she was told, and wasn't surprised by the uncomfortable squishing feeling that followed.

She held back a groan this time, but she could not say that her second apparation trip had gotten her any closer to liking the method of travel, "Yepp, still sucks."
    Madisen Lewis
    Madisen Lewis
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Madisen Lewis Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:38 am

"Apparation is not for everyone," Mad remarked, mildly amused. "Run along, now, J.J. You have plenty of time to arrive to lunch on time.

"If you need to contact, send a message with Hermes. I'll be in touch."

She waited until the girl was well beyond the gates and nearly to the front courtyard of the school before turning to leave, already planning ahead for their next meeting.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 12:22 pm