Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

it's hard to dance with a devil on your back;; RILEEEY

Rora
    Rora
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

it's hard to dance with a devil on your back;; RILEEEY Empty it's hard to dance with a devil on your back;; RILEEEY

Post by Rora Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:26 am

Lena was dancing wildly on the dance floor on once of those nights where she felt like she needed to let go of everything and have fun. She was in one of her happier bouts for now, and she would like for it to keep up for as long as possible. Even when Lena was angry, she didn't like being that way at all. So the first thing she would do is to get her vodka bottle and act happy.

As she danced the night away, she bumped right into someone. "Whoopsies!" she chuckled, the alcohol talking.
    Riley Skander
    Riley Skander
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

it's hard to dance with a devil on your back;; RILEEEY Empty Re: it's hard to dance with a devil on your back;; RILEEEY

Post by Riley Skander Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:40 am

Riley smiled at the girl who had bumped into her. "It's okay," she said happily. Riley wasn't completely hammered, but she had enough alcohol to feel happy and slightly light headed. She took a step back and looked at the unfamiliar girl. "Do I, uh, know you?"

OUTFIT!
    Rora
    Rora
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

it's hard to dance with a devil on your back;; RILEEEY Empty Re: it's hard to dance with a devil on your back;; RILEEEY

Post by Rora Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:59 pm

"Nope!" Lena grinned, flipping her hair back. Merlin, if she were sober, she would be kissing herself with a fist right now. "I haven't seen you before, definitely. I remember everyone I met!" boasted the young girl, laughing. She had been completely unaware that she was speaking in her native Finnish instead of the other girl's English, and she continued to speak Finnish. "I'm Leeeeeeena! Who are you?"
    Riley Skander
    Riley Skander
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Riley Skander Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:36 pm

Riley looked at the girl, edging away slightly. "I, uh, don't understand you. Sorry." Riley grinned shyly. She was not good at socializing typically. Especially around a drunk person that spoke...Riley guessed Russian, or from a country around there. She recognized "Lena" though. Assuming she was introducing herself, Riley said, "I'm Riley."
    Rora
    Rora
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Rora Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:35 pm

"Riley!" Lena chuckled, finally speaking in English after hearing the girl speak. "Well! Pretty name!" She then held a hand out to the girl. "I'm bored! D'you wanna dance?"
    Riley Skander
    Riley Skander
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Riley Skander Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:34 am

Riley was glad she had switched to English-and she sounded very happy. "Thanks," Riley smiled. "Sure!" she said, leading the way out onto the dance floor as if the two had been friends since diapers.
    Rora
    Rora
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Rora Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:48 am

When Riley went onto the dance floor, Lena followed suit, flipping her hair and began to do the hand jive. Or at least, she hoped it was the hand jive. "Are you from Hogwarts?" she asked in English, rolling her 'r's.
    Riley Skander
    Riley Skander
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Riley Skander Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:50 am

Riley felt Lena following her, and watched as she did some type of odd dance. Riley just swayed to the music, humming along. She was much more attracted to singing than dancing, and neither in front of this crowd. "Yeah, I'm from Hogwarts," Riley replied. "Ravenclaw. Home of the crazies and the smart asses." Well, it was kind of the truth. But crazies were fun! And smart asses could be nice. Every house had jerks. "Are you from Durmstrang, then?"
    Rora
    Rora
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Rora Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:13 am

"I know that," Lena laughed, headbanging. "My brother goes to Hogwarts. According to him, he's a sexy Slytherin, but what would I know?" She took a small bottle of vodka from her pocket and took another swig out of it. "I'm from Durmstrang, and I'm in what would be its equivalent to Ravenclaw - Uchitel. And we Durmies are sexy!" She swayed her hips to the music, trying to demonstrate her point.
    Riley Skander
    Riley Skander
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Riley Skander Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:40 pm

Riley grinned. "Your brother goes to Hogwarts? What's his name? Maybe I know him!" Riley laughed. "A lot of Slytherins are like that, I guess. Not all, but most." Riley watched as Lena took a swig from a little bottle in her pocket. "Ok, got it. Uchitel=Ravenclaw. Got it." Riley nodded her head and laughed as drunken Lena tried to sway her hips in time to the music. "Definitely," Riley said with a sarcastic joking tone.
    Rora
    Rora
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Rora Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:56 am

"His name is Alexander, and no, you wouldn't know him! He tells me everyone he knows of!" she chuckled, "Slytherin in his last year of school - too busy studying, I think!" She laughed, ignoring Riley's words and choosing to dance to the music as if it was her lifeline. "Whatcha doin' on this pretty night, pretty girl?" she asked, sounding as if she was flirting.
    Riley Skander
    Riley Skander
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Riley Skander Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:04 pm

"Hmm, no, I don't know any Alexanders," Riley said, spinning in a little circle. "Slytherin in his last year of school? Oh." Riley frowned a little. "That's probably why I don't know any Alexanders. I don't get out much!" Riley laughed. "I honestly don't know," RIley shrugged. "I got bored, needed to dance, do some karaoke or something. Just get out of there. Now, what's a girl like you doing out here all alone?" Riley mimiced Lena's teasing flirty tone.
    Rora
    Rora
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Rora Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:06 am

"I get out way too much for my own good!" Lena laughed, thinking about the parties she had with the seventh years she often went to recently. They were amazing... when the boys didn't try to grope her or whatever. "I'm goin' out here 'cause there ain't a party for me and a friend of mine to go to," she replied in a seductive tone, swaying her hips in time to the music. She flicked her hair. "You like karaoke, eh?"
    Riley Skander
    Riley Skander
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Riley Skander Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:20 am

"I get out way too little," Riley confessed. "Wallflower in the house!" she thought about all those Saturdays sitting at home...bored. "Yup," Riley smiled shyly. "Used to karaoke with my brother and sister on weekends, before I came here."
    Rora
    Rora
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Rora Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:00 pm

"What does a wallflower have to with anything?" asked Lena. She liked to think she had a good grasp on Muggle metaphors, but this one was just... odd. "Ah," the Uchitel nodded in assent, thinking about her own brother, "if Alex could do karaoke... the world's turning upside down!" She chuckled and took another swig of vodka.
    Riley Skander
    Riley Skander
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Riley Skander Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:12 pm

"A wallflower is...hmm, it's kinda someone that doesn't like to party or be in the center of attention," Riley said thoughtfully. "Now that I think about it, there's no definite definintion-just a comparison," Riley shrugged. She glanced over the place, briefly wondering if there actually was karaoke, before shaking the thought off. She would literally die. "Yup. My brother just liked to make a fool of himself-ever the Gryffindor," Riley smirked a little. "Caleb didn't really ever care if he looked stupid. Emma and me, however, can kinda sing," Riley shrugged. "Kinda."
    Rora
    Rora
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Rora Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:21 am

"I see... I may speak fluent English, but their metaphors will always confuse me," Lena remarked, her tone still light and joyous. She laughed when Riley told her about her family's experiences with karaoke. Alex, Vanka, and Lena once had a try at karaoke when they were young. Needless to say, it turned out rather terribly - with Alex tied up in the karaoke microphone cord, Vanka singing out of tune and Lena... well, she tied Alex up... so she was grounded. "I would like to hear you sing," she began.
    Riley Skander
    Riley Skander
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Riley Skander Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:54 pm

"Trust me, as someone who speaks English as a first language, their metaphors still confuse me!" Riley laughed, a smile in her voice. She blushed a deep, tomato red when Lena asked her to sing. "Umm..not here...public...embarrassment...no good.." Riley's thoughts jumbled incoherently in her mouth. Karaoke was a no-no-the last time she had done it in a public place, she fainted. "I just...don't have...stage fright," Riley grinned sheepishly, hoping Lena was able to gain something out of that mess.

Rora
    Rora
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Rora Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:38 pm

"You don't have stage fright, but you're scared of public embarrassment?" Lena asked, trying to clarify Riley's jabber. "Isn't that the same thing?" She rolled her eyes and muttered a few Finnish curse words to herself. "Oh... I'll sing first, if you want me to," she snapped, mostly out of annoyance. Honestly - singing a few words can't hurt, right?
    Riley Skander
    Riley Skander
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Riley Skander Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:05 am

That's when Riley toughened up. She looked up from her feet and looked Lena in the eye. "You're right; it won't kill me. I'll get over the damn stage fright," she grinned, her bright blue eyes suddenly lighting up. "I'm getting up on that damn stage, and hell, I'm going to freaking sing!"
    Rora
    Rora
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Rora Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:02 am

Lena chuckled. It was nice to see Riley try and get over her fear. "Fine!" she grinned, "but I want to go first!" She then stepped onto the stage when a familiar song came on. She recognized it anywhere, and the artist wasn't exactly that well known, even now.

"What’s the use in my advice that you just turn down?
    Swaying to a serenade, you never hear a sound
    But I know you know now

Generate the false alarms
    The verdict: counterfeit
    Flashing lights to bring you back from who you’re running with
    But I know you know now."
    Riley Skander
    Riley Skander
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Riley Skander Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:28 am

Riley tapped her foot in rhythm, all the while thinking, "Lena's not that bad,". The song wasn't familiar to her, but it was nice. She smiled as Lena easily sung along to this song, slightly glad she had agreed to go first.
    Rora
    Rora
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Rora Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:52 am

It was obvious that the longer Lena sung, the more confident she got. Well, that sounded rather clichéd, but it was also true. She swung her hips in time to the music and walked and hopped around the stage whenever she felt like it.

"Tell me why you’re leaving us

Moving to a caged mistake
    Expression isolates
    Owing up for deals you struck
    For deals you can’t replace
    But I know you know now

And you can’t say no
    You can’t say
    And you can’t say no
    You can’t
    You can’t say..."
    Riley Skander
    Riley Skander
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Riley Skander Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:34 am

Riley started to clap as Lena gained confidence, dancing and having a damn good time. She started to clap, and sure enough, the rest of the club followed, some attempting to sing along, but mostly drunkenly mumbling to a song they wouldn't know drunk or sober. And suddenly, something struck her, like she couldn't wait to be up there.
    Rora
    Rora
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Rora Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:30 am

Lena chuckled when she saw most of the drunken audience try to sing along with her. She had forgotten how much fun performing used to be, but it was something she wouldn't want to do again in the near future. She remember Riley, and with that she announced, "And please, ladies, gentlemen, boys and girls, and anything in between. Put your hands together for my friend Riley!" She gestured towards Riley, a look in her eyes that meant that the other girl should really get her butt on stage.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:55 am