Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

Brand New World

Marianne Delancy
    Marianne Delancy
    Head of Prideux
    Head of Prideux

Brand New World Empty Brand New World

Post by Marianne Delancy Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:54 pm

Letting out a giggle, Marianne tucked a strand of hair behind an ear, grinning down at the letter in her hands as she swung herself higher and higher on the swing. She'd gotten the job. She was actually about to become a professor. This - this was amazing. Of course, it'd be completely different from what she was used to, but it'd be cool. An entirely new experience.

Animals, she was good with. And the same with people. So this'd be easy, right? It was just taking two things she'd always loved and combining them. How hard could it be?
    Laura Veer
    Laura Veer
    Muggle
    Muggle

Brand New World Empty Re: Brand New World

Post by Laura Veer Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:00 pm

Laura had just got back from visiting her parents, who were demanding to see her again. Apparently, going a week without seeing them is much too long. At least for her mother.

Walking around, Laura saw a woman who looked a few years older than her, who was apparently really happy.

"What got you so happy?" Laura asked her, smiling. "I know I am asking a random stranger this, but happy news, I guess anybody would share it with a stranger."
    Marianne Delancy
    Marianne Delancy
    Head of Prideux
    Head of Prideux

Post by Marianne Delancy Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:02 pm

Blinking up at the sound of a girl's voice, Marianne gave the pretty blonde a smile. Slowing down her swinging, she pushed back strands of her dark hair with her free hand.

Though she didn't have the slightest idea what she'd said, the girl seemed kind enough. "Um, I don't speak Russian." she said softly in English, rubbing the back of her neck, an embarrassed expression flashing across her face.

With all the travelling she did, she really should work harder to pick up their languages.
    Laura Veer
    Laura Veer
    Muggle
    Muggle

Post by Laura Veer Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:11 pm

"Oh, that's alright," Laura said this time in English. "I had asked, what got you so happy? I was curious, and I felt like talking to somebody," Laura told her, sitting on a swing by the girl.

"I am Laura."
    Marianne Delancy
    Marianne Delancy
    Head of Prideux
    Head of Prideux

Post by Marianne Delancy Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:51 pm

She spoke English. Letting out a little sigh of relief, Marianne gave the girl a little smile. She'd hate to not be able to have a conversation with someone just because of a language barrier.

"I got a teaching job at Beau - at a school." Nodding, she mentally cursed herself. She couldn't just go around mentioning Beauxbatons. Not in Muggle Russia.
    Laura Veer
    Laura Veer
    Muggle
    Muggle

Post by Laura Veer Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:05 pm

"Beauxbatons?" Laura told her, smiling slightly. "I am a squib, so I know about wizards and all of those. My two siblings are wizards."

"So what are going to be teaching there?" Laura asked, in the air.
    Marianne Delancy
    Marianne Delancy
    Head of Prideux
    Head of Prideux

Post by Marianne Delancy Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:15 pm

Freezing as Laura said the name of the Wizarding school, she looked around shiftily, emitting a little squeak. She knew. She knew. This was bad. Very, very bad. She'd get carted away to the Ministry and - oh, she was a Squib? Calming down, Marianne smiled relievedly, taking a deep breath. "Oh, that's good. I mean, being a Squib has to be hard and everything, but at least you still get to know about Wizards and everything."

Grinning, she said, "Magical Beasts. It's going to be awesome." Pausing to get into the air as well, she said after a moments thought, "Though, it'll take some time to get used to being called Professor Marianne Delancy."
    Laura Veer
    Laura Veer
    Muggle
    Muggle

Post by Laura Veer Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:23 pm

Laughing at her squeak, Laura rose up in the air again. "I like being a squib. A muggle's life seems so much easier, in my opinion. And, in the muggle society, everybody is mortal, a human. There is no vampires, werewolves, or any of those things to be suspicious about." Laura told her, grinning.

"Won't you be called Professor Delancy?" Laura asked, confused. "I was always interested in Magical Beast, I used to steal my sister's text book about magical creatures and read them."
    Marianne Delancy
    Marianne Delancy
    Head of Prideux
    Head of Prideux

Post by Marianne Delancy Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:02 am

"That's true," Marianne nodded. She'd spent half her childhood in Muggle France with her mother, and she'd always found it so relaxing compared to sometimes hectic Wizarding World. Oh sure, she loved the Wizarding World with all her heart, but the twenty-one year old still enjoyed spending time in the Muggle World. "And the Wizarding World can be pretty dangerous at times. Bad people just get that much worse when they can use magic and wipe out cities at a time."

Blushing, she shook her head amusedly, "Well, yeah, I probably would. It still sounds weird to me. Makes me feel old." Laughing softly, she smiled, "I have a sister. She's -" pausing, she frowned, tapping a finger against her cheek. "The last I heard of her was a week ago in Argentina, but she could be anywhere. She's a world traveller." Marianne said with a slight nod.

Laura Veer
    Laura Veer
    Muggle
    Muggle

Post by Laura Veer Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:13 pm

"The muggles are not behind in technology either," Laura added. "The weapons we have..." Laura trailed off, knowing that she didn't need to finish the sentence.

"Your look like you just entered your twenties, you shouldn't feel old," Laura pointed out, laughing. "That sounds fun," Laura replied, thinking it really does sound fun.

"So, what did you do for a living before becoming a professor?" Laura asked, curious.
    Marianne Delancy
    Marianne Delancy
    Head of Prideux
    Head of Prideux

Post by Marianne Delancy Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:59 pm

"Honestly, I don't even know which one's worse at times." She said with a sigh, glancing over the park. "But I do love Muggle stuff that's not violent." Marianne said, perking up.

"21, actually. But still," she giggled. "It seems to be. Maryse loves travelling the world. One day, I think I'm going to join her for a little bit. It'd be fun. And hey, you could come!" Giving Laura a huge grin, she swung higher.

"When I first graduated, I spent a year in Romania studying dragons. It was amazing. The dragons - they were so cool! And I spent the last few years as a zoologist. What do you do?"

Laura Veer
    Laura Veer
    Muggle
    Muggle

Post by Laura Veer Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:54 am

"Like movies?" Laura questioned, grinning.

"Me?" Laura questioned, amused. "You just met me, Marianne- that's your name right? I do in a way, I constantly go between England and Russia. I avoid France, for some odd reason I can't think of."

"My job is not as fun as yours. I work at a Electronic's store. And I sing in nightclubs, and pubs.... that kind of thing."
    Marianne Delancy
    Marianne Delancy
    Head of Prideux
    Head of Prideux

Post by Marianne Delancy Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:44 am

"I love movies!" she grinned, clapping her hands together. "I love the really old classic movies, like Inception and Titanic and Free Willy. They're all just ao great! What about you? What movies do you like?"

Shrugging sheepishly, Marianne brightened up, "Well, you seem very nice for someone I just met." Giving Laura a little smile, she nodded, "Yep, Marianne's my name, though you can call me Mari or Maria or Anne - anything goes, really." Gasping dramatically, she widened her eyes at Laura teasingly, "You avoid France? That hurts." shaking her head mournfully, she wiped away an imaginary tear.

"Ooh, you sing? I always wished I could sing. What's your favourite song to sing?" Marianne asked, tilting her head at the blonde.
    Laura Veer
    Laura Veer
    Muggle
    Muggle

Post by Laura Veer Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:10 pm

"Action. A love hate romance one. It has to have a bit of action or I will be bored to death."

"How about Meme?" Laura suggested, wanting to make sure it was o.k with the woman. "And I will think about it."

Laughing, Laura swung up higher. "I think it is because of all the romance stuff in it. And all the rich people travel there. I enjoy going to places that people don't really remember the name off. The unpopular cities are the best, in my opinion."

"Um... Female rock songs typically."
    Marianne Delancy
    Marianne Delancy
    Head of Prideux
    Head of Prideux

Post by Marianne Delancy Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:03 pm

Nodding in agreement, she said, "Yeah, but sometimes in action movies, there's just action for no reason. I mean sure, the car chases and explosions look cool, but if the characters have no real reason for being there, then it can be really pointless." Frowning to herself, she tilted her head at Laura, "Does that even make sense?"

"Ooh, I like it. It's cool." she complimented, smiling. It was a unique nickname, one people didn't use often. "Great!"

Nodding, she had to admit that that made sense. "I love going to little cities in France. I grew up in one, so they give me this homely feel, you know? I don't know, it just feels comforting."

"Cool," she nodded. Rock wasn't really her type, but some of the music was great.
    Laura Veer
    Laura Veer
    Muggle
    Muggle

Post by Laura Veer Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:54 am

Laura bit her lip, and thought about it. "But, during missions, for example, anything can go wrong. An enemy see's they are there, see's a chance to kill them, ect."

Grinning, Laura stayed quiet for a few moments, trying to go as high as she could go. "Glad I don't feel like I am the only one that feels like that."

Seeing that the woman wasn't a big fan of Rock, Laura chuckled. "What type of music do you prefer?"

Marianne Delancy
    Marianne Delancy
    Head of Prideux
    Head of Prideux

Post by Marianne Delancy Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:27 am

"Yeah," she sighed softly. "It'd be cool to do some of that stuff in real life. I mean, it'd be totally dangerous and illegal, but it'd be so, so cool." Nodding, she swung higher, giving the view an appreciative smile.

Grinning back, Marianne followed Laura's lead, swinging higher than the blonde. "It's always nice to know that you're not really alone. Someone else, at one point, had to have been going through something similar."

"Hmm..." trailing off, she chewed on the inside of her cheek, thinking. She loved all kinds of music, really. But her favourite out of all of them..... "I really love country," she admitted with a shaky laugh.

(crummy post >_>)
    Laura Veer
    Laura Veer
    Muggle
    Muggle

Post by Laura Veer Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:21 am

"It would really be living the life won't it," Laura mused, laughing. "Nobody can say you did nothing in your life."

Pouting slightly when Meme was swinging higher than her, she tried to push herself. But she didn't have enough muscles to do so, just the flexibility. "Your good," Laura praised Meme, laughing.

"Country ain't bad," Laura admitted. "I gotta say, I love Carrie Underwood though."
    Marianne Delancy
    Marianne Delancy
    Head of Prideux
    Head of Prideux

Post by Marianne Delancy Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:13 am

"Yeah, and then you have the police on your tail all the time, but you escape them because you're just that awesome." Marianne grinned, laughing. "It really would be the life."

Continuing the swing, she grinned at the compliment. "Thanks! I guess chasing animals around all day has its benefits."

"She's great," Marianne beamed. "And Miranda Lambert is great. Gotta love old-school music!"
    Laura Veer
    Laura Veer
    Muggle
    Muggle

Post by Laura Veer Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:37 am

"I think I prefer one dancing on the stage though," Laura told her, shrugging slightly. "All that action and hiding... waaaaay too much effort for me." Deciding to jump off, Laura jumped off the swing and flipped in mid-air.

"Dancing only gives me flexibility." Grinning at Meme, she yawned. "Well, I'd better head back now. I got to perform tonight, see ya!" Waving goodbye, Laura ran off to her car.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:01 am