Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

4 posters

Fifth years (Astronomy)

Thomas Gilbert
    Thomas Gilbert
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Fifth years (Astronomy) Empty Fifth years (Astronomy)

Post by Thomas Gilbert Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:26 am

Thomas walked into Astronomy to see he was the only student there. Thomas sat at a random seat and waited for someone, anyone to come in and join him and take him out of his boredness. Thomas leaned back in his chair and waited.
    Anna Tshering
    Anna Tshering
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Fifth years (Astronomy) Empty Re: Fifth years (Astronomy)

Post by Anna Tshering Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:42 am

Gods, she couldn't believe she was up here again. It really scared her, to think that a year had passed and now she was back up here in the Astronomy, staring at the stupid stars because that was all her life was made to be.

As she entered, the brunette saw two stars that were crossed, and glanced down at the ring she had on her finger. She covered it with her other palm and sat down next to the Slytherin boy. "Was Hogwarts any different while I was gone?" she spoke, her English having a slight Russian lilt.
    Florence Oberlin
    Florence Oberlin
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Florence Oberlin Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:06 am

Florence felt a little tired when she went inside the Astronomy classroom. It was the middle of the night and she wasn't used to having bad sleeping patterns. She saw Tshering sitting next to a Slytherin boy and thought he was Oliver. She never knew crushing on people could affect her this badly.

"Tshering!" she whined. "You went to class without me, bitch!" She then sat down next to her. "I'm Florence, yeah."
    Thomas Gilbert
    Thomas Gilbert
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Thomas Gilbert Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:17 pm

Thomas saw Anna sit next to him. "No, not really, same old Hogwarts but new students" Thomas said to her. Thomas heard someone else and saw it was someone he didn't no. Like he said, new people. Thomas nodded when she said her name. "Thomas" Thomas kept it short.
    Colin O'Brian
    Colin O'Brian
    Head of Hufflepuff
    Head of Hufflepuff

Post by Colin O'Brian Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:38 pm

Colin walked into the classroom, giving the students a kind smile and a nod.

"Hello, Welcome back, I trust that you all had a good summer, now however it is time to get back to work."

"We start this year, with a conclution of sorts. In the past few years we have been covering the planets and the entities that surround them. Now we move on to our last planet... which is not consitured a planet at all. PLuto. What does anyone know about Pluto and the other Dwarf Planets?"
    Thomas Gilbert
    Thomas Gilbert
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Thomas Gilbert Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:59 am

Thomas thought about the professor question and answered the best he could. "Well Pluto as everyone knows is no longer a planet but it also states that pluto is the second most massive dwarf in the solar system, the first being Eris" Thomas answered.
    Colin O'Brian
    Colin O'Brian
    Head of Hufflepuff
    Head of Hufflepuff

Post by Colin O'Brian Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:35 pm

He inclinded his head to the student, "Thank you Mr. Gilbert. Yes Pluto is no longer a planet, it has long since been classified as a dwarf planet. The reason for this was because astronomers of the time found many celestial bodies around Pluto that had the same make up as the planet, and as Mr. Gilbert meantioned, there were some bigger than Pluto.

"If Pluto was a planet, then all these nyst be one too. It seemed simpler to merely declass pluto."

Colin nodded his head, "This was a wide debate at the time of the decision. And today I'd like to have a discussion on whether you believe that the right one was made. Any takers to start? Or am I going to have to pick on people?"
    Anna Tshering
    Anna Tshering
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Anna Tshering Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:17 am

"I thought that Neptune and Pluto was once a single planet, which is why Pluto is the size that it is and therefore a dwarf planet," Tshering frowned, "according to Bode's Law, Pluto does not fit the actual ratio of the distance between the planet and the sun divided but the earth's distance from the sun. If anything, it was way off." She took a deep breath, adjusting her hair. "I think that there was a tenth planet in the solar system that never fully formed."
    Colin O'Brian
    Colin O'Brian
    Head of Hufflepuff
    Head of Hufflepuff

Post by Colin O'Brian Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:32 pm

Colin nodded his head at the girl, "Very well informed Ms. Tshering, and very interesting theories. An unformed planet is a good thought, though often I would find that one would argue that all that remains in the outer limits of our solar system, all those planets are rocks, what of the gases, that make up the rest of the planets. Particularily the four planets before it, which are all gas?"

He hummed and looked at the rest of the class.

"Does anyone else have any thoughts? About this or anything else relating to the Dwarf planets. Well if you do, or even if you don't you're going to have to get some cause tonights assignment is to write me a well argued essay on whether the decsion to demote Pluto was wise or not. You're free to leave now and get started on that."

Lesson one complete

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 8:26 am