Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

3 posters

i am titanium {firsties}

Millicent Prentiss
    Millicent Prentiss
    First Year
    First Year

i am titanium {firsties} Empty i am titanium {firsties}

Post by Millicent Prentiss Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:53 am

The Uchitel found herself sitting in the classroom, trying her best to keep her mind occupied. She didn't even care that this class was Dark Arts and generally, it was supposed to be an awesome class, or so her father her had said.

This was his foundation, she thought. Respect it.
    Felix Marten
    Felix Marten
    First Year
    First Year

i am titanium {firsties} Empty Re: i am titanium {firsties}

Post by Felix Marten Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:44 pm

He walked calmly into the classroom and as he did he spot young Prentiss sitting there already. At least someone, to top it her, damn it. To not waste time, he walked over to her, quitely and stood behind her to slightly bend down to whisper to her ear almost touching "Are you ok?"

Resting his arms on the chair she was sitting on he was looking at her with a calm, yet thinking expression. "You look deep in thought, you know?" He asked calmly trying to read her at the same time doing his best to sound and act his usual self. Which was mostly like that, a calm observer till he got enough intel on anything. Mostly, but not always.
    The Mel
    The Mel
    Co Admin
    Co Admin

Post by The Mel Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:40 am

Sacha made his way into the classroom, grey eyes resting briefly upon each of the students there.

"If you would kindly find your seat, Mr. Marten," he said, making his way to the front of the room, where he turned to face them. "Welcome to Dark Arts class. As I'm sure you have guessed, in this course you will learn about the Dark Arts. To start, why don't you both tell me what you already know of this branch of magic?"
    Millicent Prentiss
    Millicent Prentiss
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Millicent Prentiss Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:46 pm

A smirk pulled at the Uchitel's face, ignoring the shadow who seemed to attend every class, like he had said before. "Dark Arts is comprised of a lot of things: hexes, jinxes and the darkest of them all, curses," she began, before pressing on, "though I would consider hexes and jinxes to be Grey Magic rather than dark. They're only classified as so because they harm people."
    Felix Marten
    Felix Marten
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Felix Marten Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:38 pm

He looked up at a teacher and said "Of course, Highmaster" then he made his move to a seat taking it and placing his bag nearby. Meanwhile professor asked a question and Uchitel gave an answer he prepared his desk placing everything neatly and taking a muggle notebook and pen as if to take notes. After all, Dark Arts were one of the few subjects that interested him the most, mainly due to his grandfather's influence and endless possibilities he saw there.

Then, when young Prentiss ended her sentence he said "I would not consider hexes and jinxes to be grey magic Highmaster, but lesser Dark Arts. After all, the malicious intent an mindframe needed to perfectly cast them is much lower than Curses and exactly that malicious intent is what separate them from other branches of magic, isn't it?" He questioned as if he was not sure.

He knew that it would do no good if he started by saying things he learnt from his granddad, or rather things that his elder willingly collaborated when asked and young Marten heir had a lot of questions to ask. Even if he couldn't understand everything he knew that the day will come when he would.
    Millicent Prentiss
    Millicent Prentiss
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Millicent Prentiss Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:15 am

"Well, Grey is lighter than Dark, which is why I refer to said magic that way," Millicent retaliated, "and yes, some malicious intent is needed for jinxes and hexes. Curses, on the other hand, require not just malicious intent, but hatred. Pure hatred which seeps through one's veins." She flicked her hair. "You can curse anyone with a simple hex due to a simple dispute but you don't exactly Avada Kedavra or Crucio just anyone, now do you? Unless you're You-Know-Who and have no conscience."
    Felix Marten
    Felix Marten
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Felix Marten Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:28 am

At this very moment the girl gained in his eyes slightly. After all, she knew the basics! He looked then at her saying.
    "Yet then, it is riddiculous anyway. Look at simple Leviating charm. It is considered a neutral utility spell, but with enough proficiency, power and hatred put into it you can literaly throw daggers at others thus making it 'dark'." He calmly retaliated. "On the same note you can leviate someone into air so that they can't dodge a curse cast by an other, or cast a Flesh Mending charm on an wounded prisoner just to keep him alive so that you could torture him even more. That's why I find that classification 'incomplete'. After all it breaks down to purpose for what you cast the spell, not the purpose for which it was created for. A matter of ethics, nothing else."
    The Mel
    The Mel
    Co Admin
    Co Admin

Post by The Mel Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:42 pm

Allowing the two students... discuss was the more charitable term, though their antics were closer to bickering... Sacha turned to the board to write a single word across it in all caps:

INTENT

Drawing several bold lines beneath it, Sacha put the chalk down, turning back to them.

"Intent is the single most important word in regards to the study and performance of Dark Arts," the man declared. "I want you to forget about any categories you may have learned form books or relatives. Light, dark, grey - all magic can be used for Dark. Common household spells are easily made deadly, simply because the one casting them wished ill upon another."

He paused a moment to let that sink in. "It is true that some spells and branches of magic are darker in nature and thus more naturally used in Dark Arts, and throughout the course of this class, you will be learning of them," he told them. "If you remember nothing else, however, remember this:

"Dark Arts is almost solely about intent."
    Millicent Prentiss
    Millicent Prentiss
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Millicent Prentiss Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:30 pm

Millicent frowned as she noted that down in the Prentiss shorthand on her parchment, her scribbles spreading vastly across it. Once she was satisfied, however, something lingered in her mind. It was something to do with her shattered childhood, though she wasn't going to refer to it as such, of course. Even if Felix and Highmaster Rusnak figured it out she didn't care; she wanted to know.

"What if..." she began, "what if one casted a spell that was not supposed to harm the opponent, but they ended up maiming said target anyway? Does it still classify as one intending to harm a person?"
    Felix Marten
    Felix Marten
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Felix Marten Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:04 am

He got a badd feeling, bad feeling about the question Uchitel asked. There was that thing in the way she did, that tone, that choose of words.. Of course, he could just be paranoic. It happened from time to time, but this time it was as if something was wrong, not just this anxious feeling that made him all way to much cautious.. it seemed realistic, as if it could be touched but then he realised that whatever it was it was soon gone. Just like a wave that wash you all over and then drags you with it to let go after a short while.

He said nothing, there was not much he could say not like wh was a teacher and the question was not an open one, but then.. didn't Highmaster just said a second ago that every spell could be made lethal if tht was the intent of casting it?
    The Mel
    The Mel
    Co Admin
    Co Admin

Post by The Mel Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:14 am

"A very good question, Miss Prentiss," Sacha replied. "Your phrasing is very key, here. The spell was not supposed to harm the opponent, you say, but was the intent behind the spell to cause injury? If it wasn't, then, it would not be classified as such.

"Accidents do happen. Sometimes spells do not act in the manner which we expect or intend. It's simply one of the many facts of life."
    The Mel
    The Mel
    Co Admin
    Co Admin

Post by The Mel Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:52 am

Lesson One Concluded

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 5:52 am