Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

Home Beneath My Wings

Celeste Belrose
    Celeste Belrose
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Home Beneath My Wings Empty Home Beneath My Wings

Post by Celeste Belrose Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:31 am

The crisp of dried leaves and twigs underneath her bare feet were the first sounds she heard of home. It was autumn. She was there, right in the heart of her kingdom after the first. Crystal eyes looked about, high above the canopy of reflected orange trees, towering her as she went ahead, touching the wind with her finger tips. She inhaled that fresh breath of air, that breath of life. She wondered timidly on whether or not she can live without that breath. Of course she will not. She'd save it if she might just to survive.

Celeste twirled, Valentine copying her below, flew with the air, her feet still on the ground, trying to summon all the strength she can summon to circle that place. Then again, she was possessed by that nature spirit she believes in. She was there for no apparent reason. She was only there not because of a reason, but rather a purpose, a way for her to be happy, to find true home once more after being away from it just days ago.

She stopped. Exhaled deeply and closed her eyes. Tucking a palm beneath her pocket, she took out her silver flute. Once she felt it in her hands, there's no stopping her. She reached, pulled it out, and directed it almost in a moment's second toward her mouth. Cold silver on her lips, she blew and released that breath.

The cascade of melodies, of harmonies, of tunes, filled the afternoon autumn air. The leaves began to move. First to shuffle on the ground, then went up, with their invisible wings propelling around the girl. She looked pleased. If not, more than joyous. She continued to play, her fingers blocking and raising from the holes of the instrument. The orange, yellow, and scarlet little leaves had risen from the earth, now circling her with vast musical entity. They turned round and round, waiting for the next moment to lie again. It was as if they act of according to their own accord. It was as though Celeste had done it the first time. But did she remember? All those years, days, she's been doing this? She only remembered that it was still her first time, that moment of living like a one rare chance to do so.
    Danielle Lamoureux
    Danielle Lamoureux
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Home Beneath My Wings Empty Re: Home Beneath My Wings

Post by Danielle Lamoureux Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:01 pm

Bon sang ne saurait mentir. Good blood wouldn't know how to lie. That was one of the many proverbs ringing through Danielle Lamoureux's head as she let her feet take her... wherever they wanted her to go. They were like compasses that never seemed to point in the right direction. That is, if they ever pointed in any specific direction. They seemed to alter with every step, as if they were rebelling against her matured mind to just... floor it. Even the term was unfamiliar to her own ears; she had never quite... 'floored it' before. She had always had a set plan on how she wanted to do things, for she was Danielle Mathilde Lamoureux, daughter of Pierre Lamoureux, younger sister of Alexandra Lamoureux and elder sister of Raymond Lamoureux. Sixth Year Prideux Prefect, future bride of Sithis Monomyth... though she wasn't very sure of the last part anymore. One-time lover of Dameon Volans, she was sure of...

As the old proverb went: C'est l'exception qui confirme la règle. It's the exception that proves the rule. Indeed, she was the only known Lamoureux to have failed her OWLs... or well, they seemed like she failed them; sometimes the examiners made the most trivial yet calamitous of errors. What was the proven rule, anyway? Oh yes - Lamoureuxes never failed. If they wanted something, they were as sure as the sun rising in the east and setting in the west that they were going to get it.

Well, she was the Cursed Lamoureux. The odds had never been in her favour, and they never will.

She brushed the hair out of her face, and even though it was the weekend the blonde Prideux still wore her Prefect badge on her normal clothes. Even then she looked like someone out of a fairytale: her silk dress billowed out, leaving her to be the end of what looks like a duck tail coming out from her waist. A cardigan gave her outfit a casual touch, though it was transparent so one could see her waist. Her hair was adorned with roses, red ones with glitters at the rims of the petals.

With the mood swings she had been experiencing lately it was a wonder she had not rebelled yet.

The sound of a flute wafted around Dani, and it was then that she opened the violin case that she had carried around with her, and she prepared herself to respond to the piece. After all, she found it more pleasing to respond to someone musically than verbally.
    Celeste Belrose
    Celeste Belrose
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Celeste Belrose Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:03 am

Footsteps besides hers against the earth. A tune, a dazzling and soothing tune. Some company? She would have expected. How can one person not miss a lovely day in the woods? In autumn, a season to enjoy happiness with? Then she remembered, she wasn't alone anymore. Summer's over. Her times in their woods in Pyrenees were gone. She's living with new and familiar people now. That's the only difference she had to compare one with her first home. Still, she needed company. She always felt like she was ignored. A geek. A know-it-all. A perfect human who can damage the spirits of bitter persons. She felt that worse.

Don't let them bring you down. Your mother was like that too. Even me. The voice of her father ringed through her restless ears amidst the sound of the violins. She stopped. Dropped the instrument from her hands to the solid ground, leaving Valentine as curious as ever and the leaves emerged from levitating to falling slowly, inch by inch. She headed through the clump of trees where the sound of company must be. Feeling her hands on the rough trunks of trees as she moved away from the bright clearing, they started to tower her. She moved closer, the beautiful sound was hers to see.

"Uhm . . . hi?" She muttered once she reached the spot. She saw what looked like a prefect from Prideux. She remembered them being lead by this sixth-year blonde girl. The brunette fixed her unruly braided hair, flipped the tail to rest on her shoulder and straightened her sunny yellow dress, waiting for another reply of hers to come out of her mouth.

"You probably heard me. Want to continue? I was there in the small clearing. I can probably introduce you to Valentine, my pet cat." Celeste grinned shyly.
    Danielle Lamoureux
    Danielle Lamoureux
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Danielle Lamoureux Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:22 pm

Dani pressed her lips as the girl began to spoke, unblinking eyes giving the impression that no matter what the brunette said it wasn't going to impress the blonde, though it was totally false. Behind those cold, brainwashed eyes lay a mind bumbling with curiosity at the most diminutive of matters. She had seen the flute clatter to the ground, and she had thought it a pity; musical instruments were to be revered, not dropped to the ground like leaves from a tree or even a pile of fruit. No. No matter how cheap an instrument was they always came from a hand of a craftsman somewhere out there, and dropping them was like saying to their face, 'Your artwork is terrible.' And that, for some craftsmen, is like committing suicide.

So therefore, she had learnt to respect instruments, and not take personal feelings for them into account.

The Prideux put down her violin when the girl finished speaking, and closed the violin case. "Salutations yourself, my friend," she finally replied, her voice as cool as the wind. Letting the zipper sail across its track to fully enclose the violin, she slung the case over her shoulder. Dani glanced at the fallen flute, losing its glory. "Aren't you going to pick that up?" she questioned, glaring daggers at the girl.

Frowning, Dani questioned something rather trivial of the cat, "Does it eat hamsters? Because if it does, I'm not going to let it near Sisyphus. She's gentle, you know."
    Celeste Belrose
    Celeste Belrose
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Celeste Belrose Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:21 am

Celeste drew a rather trembling hand to her mouth, her gaze in shock. She couldn't imagine seeing Valentine munching on hamsters or guinea pigs. She trained her own pet for that cases. Hamsters are much better than mice. Besides, she only gives Valentine special cat food. Neither of the above.

She tried her best to control her thoughts, her feelings, her voice. But even her hardest attempts can't muffle what was struck underneath that body. She felt humiliated. Ashamed. Offended. Great. What she least expected again. She knew it. People still hasn't got the means to change. She was wrong on that part.

"I love hamsters. I even feel pity for the rats who get themselves eaten by numerous cats. But I wouldn't let mine be so cruel to kill others. I give her special food. And I will never stand it to see my Valentine murder these creatures." Celeste said in a much more confident tone, stuffing back tears who wanted to escape through the sockets of her eyes.

She backed away, eagerness to leave overwhelmed her. Perhaps she doesn't have to talk strangers anymore, seeing that all of them seem mean all the time. She won't be friendly anymore, seeing them ignore what she's been giving. She had enough, isn't it?

She cleaned her instrument after accidentally dropping it when she sensed another presence around. She knew she can't be seen playing with it. Now that it not only makes good music, but making leaves dance around her as well. It was her only secret after all. She slid her white handkerchief around the thin wood, it still had those scratches throughout those years. And thankfully, she had let it fall on the spot where the leaves made a soft bed. Her life would probably end when this special possession is destined to break apart.
    Danielle Lamoureux
    Danielle Lamoureux
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Danielle Lamoureux Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:27 am

Dani nodded, a smile barely making her eyes flicker. The girl's gasp amused her, sure, but she found the pain less amusing than she had before. She was once cynical, trained to be due to hours in her home and the way her sister - who she had tried her very best to follow in the footsteps of - had carried herself to only finding the driest of things hilarious. Perhaps she was becoming what some people considered 'normal', though the thought itself amused her. No one had ever deemed her to be out of the ordinary, though by the looks they gave her it was clear that they disliked her type. Maybe... maybe this was why she was such an outcast all of these years.

Then again, look at Alexandra. She was a total bitch during her years at Beauxbatons, yet people seemed to like her. Funny, thought the Prideux, how the world worked. But it was not her lifelong job to question it.

"You better stay true to your word," said she sharply, voice maturated beyond her years, "I do not like people lying to me. Remember that I am also a Prefect, darling. Lying to me will not be good for your livelihood in this school."

It was no secret that Danielle Lamoureux's father was Pierre Lamoureux, Head of Angelique. She knew that he probably would not trust every word she said, but the fact that he was here in this school with her to see what was going on with her was enough. Enough to fuel the fire that was her bravery. The only downside to this was that she would be thoroughly scrutinized with every move she made.

She was glad that the girl managed to pick up the flute, and watched her intently as she wrapped the flute around a handkerchief. At least she cared for it... somewhat. That earned the younger girl a few brownie points. Just a few.

"Enough with my mannerisms," she whispered, her voice trailing in the gusts of wind, "who are you?"
    Celeste Belrose
    Celeste Belrose
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Celeste Belrose Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:19 pm

Celeste smiled faintly, her back still on the older girl. She turned around, held a hand in the air showing she will keep her word, and said with a much more colourful tone than the first, "I promise. And I wouldn't dare lie to prefects. I want to be one in two years. I will feel bad when someone does that to me soon."

True, she wanted to be one, enough to make people notice her. She wanted to be that lucky girl from the batch, deserving enough to be offered that special position. Of course, both her parents will be proud. She will be proud of herself. And with that, those blind ones can eventually welcome her to the circle. Being with only a couple of friends, or actually none, all those years seemed devastating. She needed change.

Celeste sighed, not knowing what will happen to her in the the near future. Perhaps she can participate in the student exchange program? So she can study in Hogwarts? All she ever wanted was more stuff about Herbology. And maybe, Beaumont can have his research over in the countrysides of Great Britain? Then they can both have what their heart desired.

"Celeste Selene Belrose. People, for all I know, call me Cel. But Selene is also fine. Fourth year Vallee." She said, her white cat circling her foot, and asked back, "You?"
    Danielle Lamoureux
    Danielle Lamoureux
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Danielle Lamoureux Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:34 pm

A furtive raise of Dani's eyebrow followed the girl's words. "You want to be a Prefect?" she questioned. Ah... she may not be as cynical as she once was, but the knowledge of this made her heart leap with joy. The mind' she decided, worked even weirder than life. "I tell you now, and I suggest you keep to it: Work hard. Don't give up. And i hope you don't want it just for the sake of glory, am I right?" Ambiguously, Dani left out the part where she only became Prefect in her sixth year when the previous prefect - Harmonie - went missing.

It always amazed Dani on how many people seemed to go missing. First, the de Venin twins, then Sithis seemed to have fallen off the face of the earth, then there was the de la Fontaine - not to be confused with Ninette's family - girl in fifth year who shared her name. Curious, Dani had looked up newspaper reports and tried to sneak into her father's office once to get the fresh juice out of this, but Alexandra said that her actions were not womanly and she should concentrate on passing her NEWTs and being a good prefect.

For once in her life, Danielle Lamoureux ignored her.

The Prideux smirked, "Nice to meet you, Cel." She crossed her arms. She had nothing against members of the house of Vallee, for most of them were interesting people, but never did she guess the girl would be in it. "Danielle Lamoureux, sixth year Prideux, daughter of Pierre Lamoureux, Head of Angelique," proclaimed the blonde, "and for your information yes, Julian Rousseau is my housemate. I have been asked that question too many times."
    Celeste Belrose
    Celeste Belrose
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Celeste Belrose Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:43 pm

Celeste nodded, picturing herself clearly in that shining badge, being with the younger years and them looking up at her. She hid her smile. For once, youngsters will look up to her if time would come. She knew she's responsible for that job, and yet, she can't hide her excitement.

"Glory? Not really that one. I just want to be one for myself and to show the people who ignores me what I'm really made of. I know inside they all think of me as some geek, an inexperienced, loveless, innocent human being compared to them. But I always do what I have to do. Who cares what they think?" She said with a frown and grinned after some time of thinking of those kind of people. She can't do a mean thing, she just had to ignore them and carry on.

"Oh. Thought your name's very familiar. What do you want to be called?" She looked curiously at Danielle after stating spontaneously that this Rousseau's her housemate, "So that guy? What about him? I've heard rumors about him before. But for all I know is I barely do know him. I don't dive in into other people's businesses anyway." and shrugged slightly.
    Danielle Lamoureux
    Danielle Lamoureux
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Danielle Lamoureux Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:55 pm

"You say that you want to make people see what you're made of," summarized the elder Prideux, "you say that you are more than 'some geek, an inexperienced, loveless, innocent human being compared to them.'" She turned away from the girl, before turning back around to create a more dramatic entrance, "That is your first mistake, love. To think highly of yourself. Be humble; you'll fall down a gentler slope that way." She wrinkled her nose. "I wonder how you are a Vallee when you are clearly one of us." Even an idiot could tell what house she was referring to.

Dani found the girl's cluelessness of Julian Rousseau to be too amusing, "Y-You don't know what Julian Rousseau does? I am in no famed social circle but even I know that he is quite possibly the biggest whore Beauxbatons has ever seen. Practically everyone, at one point or another, has a crush on him. I am proud to say that I have never been attracted to him for a long period of time." She had added that bit mostly because she had thought him to be that day in the Eiffel Tower. Merlin, that seemed like a whole lifetime ago, what with her betrothal and her OWLs...

"Oh what?" she questioned, "oh right. Call me Dani. Danielle is too posh, even for me."
    Celeste Belrose
    Celeste Belrose
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Celeste Belrose Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:54 am

Celeste immediately shook her head, in slight embarrassment for the things that had just come out of her mouth. She sighed, taking in that the older girl misunderstood her. She thought back, thinking hard for a more appropriate reply that the first. Why was that reply the one that slipped out of her mouth? Was it because she was too emotional for that cause? Was it because she was too brought down by those people? No. She need to think of more stuff than that. More better stuff. She needed to stay positive. Why was she forgetting that all the time now?

"I know what you mean. But sometimes it's not really avoidable after what had happened to you all those years. Sometimes I just want change. You see, I've been a good student, a very good one, a parent could ask and hope for. I've done what I can, and I love doing it. I just don't want power, clearly, that's the most bottom part of my list. Somehow, I want to be a leader, a good role model, like you guys do. Except for the ones who do the opposite. I really don't want to be that . . . mean. I know bad karma. And I am surely afraid of it. When I'm on top, I'll just act out like I'm one of the lower ones, but still with that label or anything. I'll do everything I can."

She sighed after making herself clear and giggled at what Danielle, Dani had said about that Prideux boy. Yes, now she remembered what he's known for. She thought he was just a crazy baby the moment he was born out of her mother's womb. And that he's such an . . . she wouldn't think of the word.

"Yep, those rumors. So they're true then. Crushes. I don't even know what it means. Weird for you to hear me say it, but, I don't really know. I'm just a clueless girl who doesn't think of it that much. Love. Crushes. Do they even make sense for some people? 'Cause for all I know, my parents, that one was love. And for others, it's mostly heartbreak and such."

Celeste remarked with a shrug.
    Danielle Lamoureux
    Danielle Lamoureux
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Danielle Lamoureux Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:25 pm

"I did the exact same thing you did, and I chose a completely different path," mused Dani, "and I don't see how you're going to stick around with the lower levels if you're made Prefect. No matter how hard you try to be around the little people you are always going to be considered Prefect, and people may befriend you for that status. Unless you're me and have a Head of House for a father, then you'll be frowned upon instead. I quite prefer this option." A small, bitter chuckle was what was spewed next from her lips. "You don't want to be mean? A little bit of cruelty is instilled in all of us, darling. Even if you don't want power you'll find it difficult to let go one you experience it, because it's that addictive."

The blonde frowned at the younger brunette. She hated it when people ramble about stupid things like love. If people wanted to find it it was their job to search for it. Or... well, let their fathers do the dirty work like she had chosen to do.

"Love and crushes?" she questioned, "are you implying that you fancy Julian Rousseau despite the fact that you barely know who he is? Child, seeing him in the halls does not make a crush." She pulled off a sly smirk, "Why, I know he's charming and he has amazing hair - I'm committed and I can admit it! - but he is not someone I'd like to marry. He is not of good blood - I don't know what blood he has - and he does not seem rich, and he would drop you like a potato if he thinks that you're not good enough to be in his league." The Prideux shook her head. "Dear me, dear me... you need an upgrade in what makes a man, though I suppose Mr. Rousseau here is physically satisfying, if I ever had the 'pleasure.'"

The Vallee's last words made Dani chuckle. "It's not always heartbreak, m'dear," she warned, "doubt makes its way in it too."

Her thoughts immediately ran towards Dameon, who she had doubted. She had spent one night with him yet... he made her heart beat. She was owned by someone else, however, and she could not change that. It was a state she didn't like, yet there was nothing to be done. For once, she had to admit that life was a river and she had to go with the flow.
    Celeste Belrose
    Celeste Belrose
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Celeste Belrose Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:35 am

"I'll see what happens. Hopefully next year. And I wish to control myself. I will never ever like finding myself completely changed that I don't even know who I am anymore." Celeste replied with shrug, imagining herself with a whole new personality, a whole new person, like a new human being, an organism, a specie newly discovered in the world. She will never know how to feel if that happens. Or moreover, she'll wish to die for that reason. It's like not living at all.

She gave a shocking gasp and stared bug-eyed at the prefect. She replaced it with a low chuckle and defended her own views on that matter, "Fancy Julian Rousseau. The very very least I could dare for. I'd rather die than be like those obsessed girls who will die for him. Exact opposite. I don't even care for those sort of feelings ever since. Always thought it's a drug or something, making you lose your head." and smirked.

"Doubt? Possibly. I just hope that when one loved one fades away, they will not be replaced ever again. Unless true love comes back in and it's a whole new universe. Can that be too? 'Loving' all over again? Thought it only comes once in a blue moon." She muttered, suddenly remembering her father, if he ever could do that to them.
    Danielle Lamoureux
    Danielle Lamoureux
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Danielle Lamoureux Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:39 pm

A firm bob of Dani's head gave the impression that she approved, and with the gentle impression on her face it was enough to fool anyone. Whether the fact is falsehood or a truth remains a mystery, and the answer to that is one the Prideux refuses to disclose to anyone but herself. She found that to be a strength, and she hoped it would come in handy in the future. "Do whatever you like, Cel," she replied, "I'm not your nanny."

Dani gave a click of her fingers. "Ahh... you, young lady, are a master of denial," she replied, matching the Vallee's smirk, "you don't have to be an obnoxious fangirl for people to figure out that you fancy Julian Rousseau. You might unconsciously doodle his name on a piece of parchment as you're paying attention in class, or look his way as he makes his way across the halls." A mere shrug of her shoulders followed, "Well, if you say that you're not interested in him, I suppose you aren't..."

Dani shrugged, "I have true love; I just don't appreciate it often enough."

(ooc: muse died. sorry.)
    Celeste Belrose
    Celeste Belrose
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Celeste Belrose Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:12 am

With a nod, it was decided that the prefect thing was to be closed. And good thing though, that she need not to ask more, making more misunderstandings. Most of them just don't understand her that much. But they will. Soon, as she expected them to be. She just wanted acceptance, some sense of belonging, at least with some of them. And by the time holidays would come, she'd do that once and for all, not trying to hide longer inside her shell. She had to. Because if she does only nothing, then what in the world will even happen to her life?

Celeste shook her head, disgusted by the false statement and replied quickly, "I don't see denial in what I do. Nah. I have more things occupied in my mind than doodling his name or staring at him. I'd be possessed. And besides, I don't see him that much since I'm very often outdoors."

"You have? May I ask why, if you really don't mind. I'm just curious enough." She questioned with a hint of uncertainty for her decision on making the conversation go along further. She's too curious. That's all.
    Danielle Lamoureux
    Danielle Lamoureux
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Danielle Lamoureux Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:31 am

"You don't?" Dani asked. "Fine. You say that you are not in love with Julian Rousseau. Doesn't mean you're not in love, though." She smirked, "Do you have any other boys here that catch your eye?" In her head, she was only hoping for one thing and one thing only: That this girl did not mention Sithis's name because he was always hers... or even Dameon's. She heard of people being connected in all sorts of different ways.

"Outdoors?" scoffed the blonde. "That's weird."

"I do mind," Dani ended, and with that she began to skip back towards the school, violin case in hand. "See you another day."
    Celeste Belrose
    Celeste Belrose
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Celeste Belrose Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:12 am

"For the final time. No." Celeste ended the argument with a chuckle, bit her lip, then added, "All right, okay. I do not like this Julian or anything, but I find at least the type of decent boys dashing. Or at least strangers that I don't really know until I come to know them then I'd back out. But with that Julian, I know what to expect. There."

She nodded back, waved her hand and bid her own goodbye. It was getting a little bit dark. Perhaps she can come along too. Besides, she still had to unpack her luggage. Choosing outdoors first before even doing that was already her lifestyle.

She shrugged, hurried after Dani, carried Valentine and her flute in her arms, and managed to catch up with her on their way back to the palace.

FIN.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 3:57 pm