Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

3 posters

A Very Rousseau Christmas

Odille Rousseau
    Odille Rousseau
    Other
    Other

A Very Rousseau Christmas Empty A Very Rousseau Christmas

Post by Odille Rousseau Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:17 pm

She’d lost a red boot in her travels somewhere. It was most odd, to be walking around with only one boot on, but Dille had never been one to complain.

The ace bandage around her left ankle was mostly covered by the lacy white sock on said foot, even as she limped her way over to the familiar church parking lot. She was quite a sight, really, one hundred pounds dripping wet, blond hair in desperate need of a proper comb - her barbie comb had not worked as it had on Barbie, she’d discovered with shock, It only made things worse! - but still, it was obvious that the girl had tried to be as presentable as possible. It was the Christmas Tree lighting, and Dille never missed one of those.

Standing in the midst of the crowd, Dille could only see the top half of the massive tree, but she knew all of the presents would be there, and one always had her name on it. No matter what. That was simply as it had always been. Standing with one booted foot on the ground - she had taken to placing her socked foot on top of the boot - for the ground was cold and covered with so much wet ice in so many places! - her balance precarious, but true.

Attempting to rise onto her tip toes, Dille attempted to see past the many, much taller, people around her, but to no avail.

“Excuse me, sorry...” Moving closer to the tree, Dille pushed her way toward the lights until finally she was in the front, gazing up at the giant tree with bright blue eyes. The star was so high up! How ever did they get it up there? She was sure they’d need a giraffe to get all the way to the top of this tree, it was simply so big. Maybe the star just fell straight out of the sky, so no one had to put it anywhere. That would be easiest, but Dille really did love the idea of a climbing up a giraffe’s neck. You’d have to be careful of course, and not drop the star, but it would be worth it to put it on the tree.

Slowly, her eyes trailed down the tree, lingering on her favorite ordainments and lights before they finally sank to the bottom.

“Presents!”

There were so many, in so many different sizes and shapes and colors and bows and one of them would be all hers!
    A meow distracted her, and she looked down, suddenly face to face with a black kitten.

“Hello there, kitty.” Dille said softly, reaching out a hand to pet the small creature, only to be surprised when the black bundle of fur pounced, forcing her to fumble a catch. Gazing up at her with bright amber eyes, the kitten was suddenly familiar. “Nightie!” She cried happily. “Why are you here? Is Army here some where?”
    Julian Rousseau
    Julian Rousseau
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

A Very Rousseau Christmas Empty Re: A Very Rousseau Christmas

Post by Julian Rousseau Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:02 pm

He hadn't wanted to come.

Going to the Christmas tree lighting had been tradition for as long as he could remember. And that was exactly why he hadn't wanted to go. This year wouldn't be any different, and he didn't doubt that his father would be there. But Dilly had always loved the tree lighting, and if anything, he was going to go because she wasn't here.

Chewing on his bottom lip, the Prideux moved as silently as possible, pulling the woollen hat farther down in a desperate to obscure more of his face. If he couldn't be recognized, then he might as well not be there. Not for the first time, he wondered if he really should have brought Lisette with him, or at least told her where he was going.

Because there was that nagging feeling that he might not be there in the morning.

Shaking his head and trying as hard as he could to dislodge the thoughts worming their way into his head, he glanced down at his feet, letting out a little sigh as he reached the crowd, Nightmare beside him. The kitten paused for a moment, her amber eyes suddenly trained on the blond. And then she was gone, making her way through the crowd.

Frowning in the direction she'd gone, Julian rubbed at the back of his neck. He should follow, but that would involve making his way through the crowd and he could be spotted and then -

Well, he had Nightmare didn't he? She'd mauled his father once before, she'd do it again. He was just being paranoid. But paranoia, fear, they were all there for a reason, weren't they? So you didn't do stupid things.

"Will you move already?" Jolted out of his thoughts, Julian whirled around, blinking rapidly as his gaze fell on the oddly familiar face. Staring at the girl, the two stood in a stunned silence before grins formed on their faces.

"Julian Rousseau," Alexanderine breathed, shaking her head. Her hair was red now, the boy noticed, Christmasy. "Where the hell have you been? We all thought you died. God, get your act together." Her gaze flitted down, and had Julian taken the time to really look at her, he would've noticed that the nonchalant way she spoke didn't match the relief in her currently green eyes.

Shaking his head at his former neighbour, he shrugged, "I've been around, just busy, I guess." Glancing around for a moment at the crowd and the tree, he bit his lip. It was worth a shot... "Hey, have you seen Odille around?"

"Odille....your sister, right? Little blonde kid? Always in those boots? Yeah, I think I saw her when -"

Julian didn't let her finish. Beaming, he reached over, cupped her face in his hands and kissed her. "God, the things I could do to you right now." he muttered as he pulled away, expression just as awestruck as hers. "Thank you. Thank you so much." Kissing her again, he grinned at the way she'd completely frozen up.

And then he turned on his heel and ran through the crowd, pushing everyone out of his way. He didn't care about the words being thrown at him. He didn't care about anything at all except for his little sister. His heart fluttering in his chest, he finally burst from the crowd, standing by the base of the tree.

But he didn't notice the tree, barely paying any attention to the presents below it. His eyes were only on the nine year old and the kitten in her hands.

"Dilly."

Outfit || Boots

Last edited by Julian Rousseau on Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Odille Rousseau
    Odille Rousseau
    Other
    Other

Post by Odille Rousseau Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:23 am

Her face broke into the brightest smile she had had since Mr. Owl had taken her letter, turning a little clumsily while trying to keep her socked foot on the ground. Her bright blue eyes - just like her brother's, she was proud to say - widened happily as her eyes landed on him. "Lian!" She said, opening her arms for a hug as Nightie crawled up onto her head. "There you are! Are you gonna get a present too? Aren't you too old?"

In her brother's arms, she relaxed for the first time since she had wandered into the forest, resting her head on his shoulder as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"I missed you."
    Julian Rousseau
    Julian Rousseau
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Julian Rousseau Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:59 am

Julian didn't think he'd ever been so happy in his life.

She was - he didn't think words could describe his little sister. She'd been out there in the middle of nowhere for months, and she looked not in the best shape, but for what she'd been through looked positively amazing. He was pretty sure that if he'd done that, he'd have been dead weeks.

Ignoring the morbid track his thoughts took with a shake of his head, he stared back at Dilly for a moment before stepping towards her and pulling his sister into his arms. "You're never too old for presents." he murmured, eyes suddenly wet.

"I missed you too, Dilly." Julian said softly, glancing back at her, a million questions on his mind. "Where were you? Why'd you disappear in the first place? And -" his grip on her tightened as he reassured himself that yes, she really was here. "I'm so glad you're back."
    Odille Rousseau
    Odille Rousseau
    Other
    Other

Post by Odille Rousseau Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:36 pm

Giggling as the kitten hopped from her head to her brother's, Dille looked back up at her Lian, happiness alight in her bright blue eyes. At his words, however, she frowned. "Oh." She said sadly, looking down at the ground past his shoulder. "I didn't get you a present Lian." She said apologetically. "I'm sorry." The small little displeased pout stayed on her face, even as she glanced back up at her favorite brother.

"I went camping." She said, face still red with shame. "And I tried to come find you, but- but you were already at school, and I- I couldn't find your school. I looked all over." Her mood dipped, and her lower lip trembled. "And I- I lost- Mimzy..."
    Julian Rousseau
    Julian Rousseau
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Julian Rousseau Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:12 pm

Glancing up at the kitten on his head with an amused little smirk, his gaze flitted back down to his little sister, staring at her with a mixture of relief and awe. She was actually here. He'd dreamt this over and over again, but now it was actually happening and he couldn't - he could hardly breath.

"Don't be sorry," Julian choked out, shaking his head. "Besides, I already got what I wanted for Christmas."

Biting down on his bottom lip, he tilted his head at her. "Beauxbaton's impossible to find," unless you have magic. "But you tried, right? And that's what counts." Setting her down, he kneeled in front of her, meeting her identical blue eyes. "I'll get you another one," Julian promised, "alright?"

Glancing down at her feet, a small frown appeared on his face, "What happened to your boot?"

Corin Rousseau
    Corin Rousseau
    Muggle
    Muggle

Post by Corin Rousseau Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:58 am

The trip to the Tenerife. The trip began tomorrow. The eldest Rousseau son remained excited, for all his belongings were packed. His scientific equipment? Check. His clothes? Check. His journal? Check. A will bequeathing everything he left behind to Bridget, Madeline and Odille just in case anything happened? Double check - meaning he had two copies: one with him, and the other in his drawer at home.

As he walked across the street with a list in hand,the boy wanted to see the Christmas tree lit so he can go home, catch some sleep and be ready for tomorrow. He was determined to catch this flight, but after some persuasion he gave in and did come to this family tradition.

He saw Julian's familiar blonde hair from afar, and his presence immediately took a toll on his emotions. His stare hardened, his steps slowing down just so he can avoid bumping into that wretched... never mind. This was Christmas. The least that he could be with the boy was civil, and that meant no insulting him, whatsoever. He could do that much.

"Julian," he uttered solemnly, trying not to raise his eyebrow at the sight of the odd cat, watching his walk until he was barely behind him. Yet he could also see a familiar, little blonde face, a face he hadn't seen in God knows how long. Is it... could it really be?

"ODILLE!" he cried, his face breaking into a joyous smile. He ran towards her, picking her up by the waist, and spun her around and around before letting her down on the ground, "Goodness! I'd never think that I would ever see you again! Where were you?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:05 am