Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

James' awesome stay in London

James Jackson
    James Jackson
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

James' awesome stay in London Empty James' awesome stay in London

Post by James Jackson Sat May 07, 2011 3:21 pm

For all who want to read!

April 7th 2011

12:47 AM
    Today we left tour home at twenty past six, it was about an hour drive to the airport that would take us to London. Thanks to our TomTom, that hour flew by without any problems. We arrived at the gigantic airport, which used to be a military base. We parked our car (there was like one spot left, we were so lucky) and walked to the building. Before we went to check in, we bought something to drink and two huge cookies (which were so good). We sat there for about an hour cause we arrived at the airport way too early. After that we checked in, that was an experience that I could have missed. Bye bye belt, iPod, cell phone, shoes, laptop and sunglasses, see you on the other side, where I had to put you all on again. But well, for a trip to London, I would do about anything. We walked upstairs where we had to wait for like fifty minutes before our plane would leave. We found out just in time we were waiting in the wrong gate. We quickly walked to the right one, luckily still right on time. We waited till the gate opened and then, after all the people in front of us, who were smart enough to realize they had to have gate one and not six, entered the plane, we entered. We found three seats not too far from each other, but sadly enough, not next to each other either. Our luggage safely put away in the boxes above our heads, I was ready for the plane to take off. Unfortunately it first had to travel over the tracks, which made me insanely nervous. After ten minutes the time of take off was finally there, and we shot off in the air. My friends told me to eat gum in the plane, and swallow enough, so my ears wouldn’t hurt. For the first two minutes I was insanely focussed on doing that, I even forget to look outside. When I realized my ears would survive, I started to stare out the tiny window, even though the annoying lady next to me kept blocking the window so I couldn’t see. My mum immediately made friends with the people next to her, or well, they talked during the flight. We decided not to buy the train tickets on the plane but on the airport. The flight was over before I knew it, it was easier and less scary than I had predicted. When we arrived at the airport in London it was a long, seriously it was long, trip to the place where we could buy our tickets. Once we had them we made our way to the train station, which wasn’t that far. On our way, we walked into my mum’s new friends again, whom we bid hello. The train was almost empty and we only shared our compartment with an English lady and a man whom I did not see but my aunt says he was there. We ate M&M’s, talked a bit and I played card games on my iPod. After about, I am guessing here, because I don’t know the exact times, forty-five minutes we arrived at London Liverpool Station, where we had to walk to the tube, which was not far at all. My mum and aunt bought our tickets to Russle Square, which is where our Hotel is located. We had to stick our cards into a machine-thing, and it would spit it out again, and then you could walk through the gates. On the tube there were some pretty strange people, a guy who was wearing a condom around his neck (do not ask me why), a girl with a really strange thing around her head and there were like fourteen girls with high heels and hotpants, even though it wasn’t hot outside! Travelling with the tube was surprisingly easy, because we reached our destination without any trouble. Me and my mum waited outside the station with our luggage while my aunt went to get us some crisps and drinks in the shop across the street. When I looked around I decided London was really different from Oss. A man passed by us, collecting the cigarettes on the floor, a sleeping bag under his arm. When he found a good one, he dropped the sleeping bag on the floor, slipped inside and started smoking. There were a lot of people coming from the station where we came from too, and I enjoyed watching them, trying to figure out what they were like. When my aunt came back with the stuff we walked to the hotel, which was only a five minute walk or something. We checked in, the hotel is awesome by the way, it has a freaking Ben & Jerries machine. We found out there was only internet in the lobby, but that doesn’t matter. I am here for the city, not to be on the computer, only to type this in. We used the elevator to get to the right floor, floor five, and walked to our room. Room 5029. Its small, but cosy and it’s not that bad. There is one two-persons bed, and one single-bed. I am sleeping on the single bed, my aunt and mum share the two-person bed. There is a tiny desk, a closet, a telly that isn’t working and two night stands. It has a tiny bathroom with a sink, toilet and a bathtub. I slipped into my PJ’s and grabbed my laptop so I could type this in, before I would forget anything. My mum went to smoke a cigarette but she´s back now. Now we are all in our beds, getting ready for the night. Tomorrow we´re going shopping! I can´t wait! Normally I don´t like shopping that much, but I really can´t wait to go shopping in London. I still can´t believe that I am actually here. In London. I´m actually in London. So that was today, now I am going to sleep, cause I am really tired. Stupid time difference.

April 8th 2011

9:55 AM
    Today I woke up around half past 8, or well that was the time I woke up the last time. During the night I woke up about five times. It was really hot in our room, because we couldn’t turn the radiator off, that was why we had to keep the window open. But because of that, there was a lot of noise in here, which kept me awake. But that didn’t upset me, they would have if they were Dutch noises, but they are London noises, that is what makes the difference. Then we went to do our bathroom stuff and such and at fifteen past nine we left for breakfast. We could almost walk to the buffet immediately, they had toast, buns, cereal, fruit, orange juice, milk, tea, coffee, jelly, marmalade, sugar, butter and probably more but I didn’t see that. They also had a typical English breakfast, beans, scrambled eggs and such, but that is not something I like. More something that would make me throw up. I had some toast with jelly, a small bowl of cereal and a glass of milk, I tried the grapefruit, but it was horrible. We ate our breakfast with no hurry and then went back to our room, where I am now, typing this in. So now, I am going to change my clothes and then we are out to buy us some theatre tickets and then we’re off to Oxford street! Report will follow.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:16 pm