Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

More Than This

Juliette Josse
    Juliette Josse
    Immortal
    Immortal

More Than This Empty More Than This

Post by Juliette Josse Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:45 pm

She wanted something more.

Partying and shopping and the occasional drop-in on her family were nice and all, but frankly, she was getting bored. She'd had this nagging feeling to do something ever since she'd woken up.

So maybe running off to a foreign country where she couldn't speak the language hadn't been the best idea in the world, but at least it was something different.

Flopping down on a park bench, Juliette sighed, pulling her hood up. Who knew? Maybe something interesting would happen.
    Vera Parker
    Vera Parker
    Adult
    Adult

More Than This Empty Re: More Than This

Post by Vera Parker Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:12 pm

As others hid from the slightly chilling wind, and grumbled about the snow that was plaguing their lives - and their park - the woman, her long blond hair unhindered by any form of cold defence - hats, earmuffs, scarves and the likes - appeared to be the only person with a wide smile on her face at the sight.

Vera had missed the sight dearly. Her last few years or so had left her with a distinct longing for home - a longing she hadn't indulged until this moment.

With natural grace, she flopped herself onto a bench, beside another woman who was appearing rather upset, managing to make the act, as well as the shaking of the snow off her slightly ripped jeans, look as smooth and elegant as a choreographed ballet.

"So, what's you're tale of woe?" the Russian rolled off her tongue as easily as the English that followed it upon the look of confusion that followed it. "No Russian then? English? Did you're boyfriend dump you? Puppy die? You aren't in trouble with the law are you? I don't know if I can pep talk that one."
    Juliette Josse
    Juliette Josse
    Immortal
    Immortal

Post by Juliette Josse Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:00 am

Her green eyes scanned the park, watching the figures mill about with little interest. Their lives didn't matter to her. Not in the slightest. But there was a slight comfort associated with watching people live out their lives.

It didn't help her dilemma in the slightest, but still, it was nice.

Hugging herself, she jumped as she found herself suddenly no longer alone on the bench. Looking bewilderedly over at the blonde as she began to speak words the French woman couldn't understand. But as she switched to English, Juliette's expression cleared, and an amused smile took its place.

"None of the above, thankfully. Everything's fine," she gave the park another glance around before resting her gaze back on the other woman. "I just feel old."
    Vera Parker
    Vera Parker
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Vera Parker Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:48 pm

"Old? You can't be much more than twenty if I missed my guess," her full bright lips pulled up into an easy smile, "If that makes you old, than I'd hate to know what it makes me. Thirty and still pinning after the boy who doesn't notice me."

She shook her long head, her tone still musically pleasant despite the words that should have been rather self pitying. Vera never really gave into self pity, she didn't see what benefits it gave her. She got hurt to be sure, but she usually coped by getting angry, and then running away.

Had to fix the situation somehow.

"Vera Parker," she introduced herself with a wave.
    Juliette Josse
    Juliette Josse
    Immortal
    Immortal

Post by Juliette Josse Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:50 am

"Twenty-three actually," Juliette grinned at the blonde before she remembered just what it was that had brought her to a park in the middle of nowhere. "It's just, I don't know. All my friends are off getting married and having kids and I'm just here." A small frown pulled on her lips.

"And it really shouldn't bother me, because I don't like kids and I don't want to get married, but it does." The French girl, only now playing over her words in her head, winced. "And I'm sure you don't care at all."

Giving the woman a small nudge, the dark-haired grinned cheekily. "I'd say that makes you more...focused. You know what, or in this case, who you want. It's just a matter of getting him."

Waving back, she introduced herself, "Juliette Josse. Nice to meet you, Vera. Pretty name."
    Vera Parker
    Vera Parker
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Vera Parker Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:44 pm

Vera couldn't help but give a laugh, her shoulders lifting in the action before dropping with the weight of the growing age she didn't know she was holding on to, "You make it sound so simple; if only I hadn't focused on the one man who is more focused on his prize than I am on him."

"Thank you, it means Faith you know. I don't know if I'm good at living up to it or not," she glanced at her newest companion, "But you know, I think I have faith that everything's going to turn out how its supposed to, someday. And even if it doesn't, I say we can have a hell of a lot of fun trying to get there."

"Husbands, kids - unless they're the right ones, they just hold you back anyways."
    Juliette Josse
    Juliette Josse
    Immortal
    Immortal

Post by Juliette Josse Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:29 am

"That's me," she shrugged, her eyes sparkling as she let out a little laugh. "Just making everything as simple as possible." Juliette tilted her head at the older woman, "And just who is this prize? Because you know, if she just disappeared, you could be there with wide open arms to comfort." She added a little wink to her statement.

"Faith, I guess we all need a little more of that in our lives, don't we? My name means 'Down-bearded youth,' which honestly, I have no idea what it's supposed to mean." Juliette shrugged amusedly. "Either that or son of Jove. Neither are all that interesting, if you ask me." She nodded her head from side to side, humming in agreement. "I think you're right. Isn't half the journey of life getting there?"

She looked over at Vera, "I swear, you just have the answers to everything. Can I have your brain?"
    Vera Parker
    Vera Parker
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Vera Parker Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:56 am

The laughter that came from her throat was spurred by pure amusement, "Oh, trust me, I don't think you're going to be able to make her disappear. Besides, he'd be even awful to handle after that. Sure, my arms comfort, but I don't think they'd ever stop."

She let out a slight sigh. No, there was only one way she could even hope he'd get over Kallie, and it wasn't going to be with her disappearing.

"I don't know," she couldn't help the impish grin, as she bumped her shoulder against the other girls, "Was Jove cute? Could introduce me."

"Oh, I don't always have the answers; just gotta live and get them yourself. What would you learn if you just had mine?" Her smile was amused for a moment, before it softened, as a long silence stretched out. Vera held her left hand up to the air, she could almost feel the rings that once sat upon it - they were nothing more than melted metal, on the bottom of the ocean now. "I was married once you know. 'Bout your age. Thought I loved him, I didn't even know what love was."
    Juliette Josse
    Juliette Josse
    Immortal
    Immortal

Post by Juliette Josse Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:18 pm

"Okay, so maybe disappearing's not an option," Juliette grinned, shaking her head slightly. "I don't know. He can't pine after her forever, can he? What's so great about her?"

Letting out a snort of laughter, she bumped her shoulder back, "I don't know, you tell me. He's apparently my dad, so I don't think you really want my opinion, to be honest."

She gave a small shrug, a grin pulling on her lips, "I'd be able to take your life, for one thing." Her smile fading away as she listened to Vera, she reached out, awkwardly patting her on the shoulder. "I have a feeling this story doesn't have much of a happy ending. I'm sorry, if that makes anything better. Probably doesn't, but ... it's something."

Last edited by Juliette Josse on Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
    Vera Parker
    Vera Parker
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Vera Parker Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:16 pm

"First love, blew up in their faces. Neither really let go; I've watched them both." She shrugged her shoulders. It was a matter of fact sort of thing. She refrained from adding that she did think that he could pine his whole life. The world "Mate" particularly in that context was vile to her - yet it always floated there.

Glancing at the hand, she gave a quick smile; that was the past. Vera didn't allow herself to dwell on it.

"It wasn't really a happy story at the beginning either; I'm rid of him now, so I suppose that makes it sort of happy - though how it happened could have been..." Gathering her hair with her hands, she pulled it all together, flopping it over her shoulder and smoothing it out. "Maybe in the end it was for the best. Even if it hurt."

Juliette Josse
    Juliette Josse
    Immortal
    Immortal

Post by Juliette Josse Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:15 am

"Ah," Juliette nodded, her nose wrinkling. Some people and their obsession to holding on to love once it was long gone. Couldn't they just move on? If it'd been some sort of terribly traumatic experience, or if one of them had died, well then maybe she'd be a little more considerate.

"They do say bad things happen for a reason. They make us stronger. You know, that sort of thing. Maybe it's true, maybe it isn't. But hey, you're better off without him. So there's something." Juliette shrugged, a small smile on her face.
    Vera Parker
    Vera Parker
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Vera Parker Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:10 am

"Exactly," Vera flashed the girl a knowing grin, her eyes bright. She had accepted these facts long ago, they didn't bother her nearly as much as they might have, though she always had a glimmer of hope... now. "She's getting married though. So, I suppose, there is always hope that maybe now... at least she seems to be moving on."

There was a grain of truth to Juliette's words. In fact it was only that truth that kept her sane in the weeks, months, year really that followed. It was the thing that kept her together even today.

"It is true, I believe it. I... I grew up, maybe not the most pleasant way, and certainly not completely, look at me now," she gave the girl a quick wink and a tiny laugh, "But... I was certainly never foolish enough to fall for Noel's charms again. I just wish... he wasn't the only thing I loss."
    Juliette Josse
    Juliette Josse
    Immortal
    Immortal

Post by Juliette Josse Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:19 pm

"Hey, who knows? Maybe seeing her move on will be that final push that makes him realize that they're never going to happen and he'll slowly manage to move on." She grinned back at the older girl. It was a terribly idealist idea, but maybe everyone needed that little bit of idealism in their life.

It made everything about life bearable.

"I don't think growing up is ever easy or pleasant," Juliette said slowly, pulling her hood down to rub at her head thoughtfully. "But whether we want to or not, it sort of has to happen." She glanced at Vera curiously for a moment, biting her lip softly before she flicked her gaze away.

"If you don't mind me asking, what else did you lose?"
    Vera Parker
    Vera Parker
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Vera Parker Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:59 pm

"Fingers crossed, yes?" she held up two fingers doing just that. It was a hope that she was, of course, holding out for. But there was the simple fact that really, Brock and Kallie hadn't been happening for years - it had never been happening the whole time she had known the man.

And he still held on.

"Even if he doesn't, I'm a sucker for well him. If he needs me, I'll be there, always. He doesn't seem to notice it, but that's just the way it is. Look at me now, I'm only here cause of him."

Silence strung out around them. What else did she lose? She had lost many things that dark day. Her innocence, childhood - a deep rooted belief that anything could happen. But that hadn't been what she was referring to and she knew it. There was only one thing that she lost, and regrets with every single beat of her heart.

"My baby." It hadn't been a concious decision to tell the woman beside her. It had more just slipped out as her arms wrapped themselves around her stomach, where her child had once been. "I lost my baby."
    Juliette Josse
    Juliette Josse
    Immortal
    Immortal

Post by Juliette Josse Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:30 pm

She offered a grin, holding out her hand to copy the action. "Fingers crossed." It'd be nice if it actually happened, if only to see the blonde happy. It wasn't that she'd given up on being happy herself, but there was just something much simpler about watching happy people.

It'd always made her feel happy.

"He's lucky to have you then, even if he doesn't realize it." Juliette said softly, grinning at the girl. She wondered what that was like, to love someone so much and have them not realize it at all. Merlin, just the thought made her heart ache. She could hardly even begin to understand how the girl beside her felt. The former Angelique reached over, patting the blonde's shoulder softly.

"Mon Dieu," she breathed, reverting back to French. "I am so - God, I can't even begin to understand how that must even feel. I - I -" She cut off, giving her head a shake, before she shuffled closer to Vera, wrapping her arms around her.
    Vera Parker
    Vera Parker
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Vera Parker Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:04 am

"Damn straight he is," she gave a little laugh, and nodded her head, "And if he never realizes it, well he's certainly going to miss me when I'm gone."

Her expression was all bravo. She wouldn't leave, not really. Maybe if she knew he'd be fine, she could make herself go - but then she was quite sure he wouldn't notice her presences or not. That was her life; she had accepted it long ago.

She gave a wan smile and then a half laugh, a void sound, as an arm was wrapped around her. "Its... well its not okay, but - don't worry about it or me. Life is life, huh? You just gotta roll with it sometimes."
    Juliette Josse
    Juliette Josse
    Immortal
    Immortal

Post by Juliette Josse Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:57 pm

"And don't ever let him forget it," Juliette nodded, grinning. "Smother him with Veraness. Show him just how much he needs you. And then, disappear." She waved her hands around mystically, her grin widening.

It was almost unbelievable how easy it was to talk to Vera. It was almost like she'd known for years.

"Still," she murmured, glancing up at the blonde but not pulling away. "It couldn't have been easy to go through. And there are some things that are kind of hard to just roll with. I mean, sure, this was years ago, but it couldn't have been easy and -" she cut off, letting out an almost nervous laugh. "Rambling, sorry."

Vera Parker
    Vera Parker
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Vera Parker Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:56 pm

Vera raised her eyebrow, a smirk growing upon her face, "Veraness? Sounds expensive. Do you think I could get a profit from it? I do need to find a way to plush up my bank account. Its been getting decidedly low, of late.

"But I like your style 'Liette; cruel yet probably affective. Where have you been all my life?"

It felt good to laugh. Laughter healed the soul and all that other nonsense. There wasn't any reason in the world, as far as Vera could find, to let your past define you, particularly if it was a less than pleasant past. There is a reason that it is refereed to as that - it happened already, there was no changing it, but there was no reason one had to stay there in the past too.

"Its okay, Rambling is the sign of a busy mind - or at least that's what my dad said. As you can see, I don't ramble much, I guess not a lot's going on up there," her grin showed that she didn't care one bit about laughing at herself. "And its true. It did take me... a long, long time to learn to roll with this one. But I have, and except for some fond memories of what could have been, I find it best to not dwell on the rest."
    Juliette Josse
    Juliette Josse
    Immortal
    Immortal

Post by Juliette Josse Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:20 am

"I bet you could," she grinned charmingly, leaning back against the bench, her dark hair cascading backwards. "Easy peasy. Show people how great you are, and soon, they'll be lining up around the block to pay you. Here," she reached into a pocket, pulling out a golden coin and tossing it to the blonde. "I'll help you get started."

She laughed, raising her arms in an extravagant manner. "Oh, I've been around. Maybe if you spent more time in France, you could've found me earlier, Vera-Bera."

Juliette grinned, finally pulling away, brushing strands of her dark hair out of her eyes. "I like to think I keep my mind rather busy, don't want it dying on me anytime soon." She nodded seriously. "Good, no dwelling. Or I'll track you down and yell at you."
    Vera Parker
    Vera Parker
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Vera Parker Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:03 am

Vera caught the coin and smirked, twirling it around in her hand, "You realize you aren't getting this back, don't you? You've seen this coin for the last time." Waving it in the other girls face, she pocketed it quickly.

"France - can't say I've ever done that. Russian I managed, English I grew up in, just never liked French, no offence. Couldn't take to it."

She let out a soft laugh, making a pulling a mock face at the girl.

"You're going to yell at me? Well then I better stay in line."

Juliette Josse
    Juliette Josse
    Immortal
    Immortal

Post by Juliette Josse Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:11 pm

Juliette shrugged, a grin flashing across her face, "Oh well. There are tons where those came from. Benefits of dating rich." It was the only benefit of dating rich. Other than that, she hardly cared about her current paramour.

"I think one day the pain of your hate for my country will go away," she teased, dramatically patting her heart. "Yes, I just might survive through this."

Juliette grinned, "Yep, and trust me, you won't like me when I yell."
    Vera Parker
    Vera Parker
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Vera Parker Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:01 pm

"Dating the rich, huh?" Vera, always a school girl at heart lived for a good bit of gossip now and again, "And does this rich have a name? Do I know him? Am I going to faint from shock at the luxerous stars Juliette can bring in?" Her smirk gave way to laughter, shaking her head, she pulled herself up from the bench.

"Good, I'd hate to think I killed my new friend. I don't make a lot of new friends, and trust me, the old ones have this habit of stepping on my nerves more often than not." She wrinkled her nose though her eyes were still merry, her recent spat over something or other with Zino still in her memory.

A salute to the girl, "Yes ma'am! No dwelling then."
    Juliette Josse
    Juliette Josse
    Immortal
    Immortal

Post by Juliette Josse Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:47 am

"Possibly," she grinned, choking her words out from between pearls of laughter. "Billy Gerard. Some rich pure-blood family that did something great, eons ago." She shrugged her shoulders, giving her head a small shake. And other than that, there really was no reason for her to be dating him. If there was no money in the Gerard family, there'd certainly be no Bill and Juliette.

"Wait," she said slowly, frowning at Vera. "Are you even - do you even know what a pure-blood is?" Was this a magical part of Russia? Merlin, she wasn't even sure. Well, at least she hadn't said anything obviously about magic. She did not want to be the person who'd just broken the statute.

Juliette grinned up the blonde. It was nice, making a new friend. The perfect thing to pull herself out of the funk she'd woken up in. "Well, I'll try my best not to step on those nerves of yours."
    Vera Parker
    Vera Parker
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Vera Parker Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:34 pm

Vera couldn't let the opportunity pass, with mischief glimmering in her eyes, she scoffed, shaking her head, "Just some old Pureblood, that's it? He better be good looking cause otherwise his story is lame. I know the Minister of Magic - now that's a real name drop." She nodded her head, a grin tugging at her lips as she avoided the details that she never spoken the Miss Nikkala in her life, and she was quite sure the other woman didn't know she existed.

But through years of lamenting she knew about as much about that woman as Brock did. Which Vera considered as good as knowing.

"I certainly hope I'm not a stupid as apparently I look," she teased the other woman, "Yes I do know what a pureblood is; I'm not completely ignorant... just half so."

"I'll give you some encouragement - you're doing pretty good so far."
    Juliette Josse
    Juliette Josse
    Immortal
    Immortal

Post by Juliette Josse Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:44 pm

"Trust me," a grin lit up her face, her green eyes bright. "He is very good looking. You should see the way some girls look at me when they see us together." Juliette laughed, shaking her head in a grand show of amusement. "My ex-boyfriend's marrying her." She'd long since put their disastrous relationship behind her, but still, there was a part of her that ached at the mention of the Minister. "Oh well, he's the one missing out."

Now she just had to convince herself that was true.

"You could've easily been a Muggle," Juliette shrugged, though relief creeped into her voice. "I'm only so amazing."

Pulling herself up to her feet, she bowed extravagantly, grinning. "Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all day."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 1:16 am