Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

The Time Has Come When The Death Bell Tolls (Sam/Cryssie/Kerew) (Closed)

The Time Has Come When The Death Bell Tolls (Sam/Cryssie/Kerew) (Closed) Empty The Time Has Come When The Death Bell Tolls (Sam/Cryssie/Kerew) (Closed)

Post by Guest Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:09 pm

Crystella had been dreading this day for a long time, but now the dreaded doomsday loomed over her, and like the moon eclipsing the sun, her borrowed time was fast running out. She barely had enough strength to continue breathing, let alone cast magic.

Sam's sister Saizilia had managed to grant her a lot more time than she'd have ever thought, but it had passed by so quickly.
    "Please Sezzy, please, there must be something you can do." She begged.
    "Im sorry Cryssie, but i barely have the energy to sustain myself. I cant prevent fate any longer. The time has come now. There is nothing you can do but accept it. Theres no pont in trying to run away."

But of course, thats what Crystella was planning. She and Sam would run away from the whole world and from Kerew, and from the cruelty she and Sam had had to endure through, and then they could be together always.

She had hastily been packing their tihngs, panicking and breaking into a nervous sweat as she saw the sun was setting.

She had let Sam sleep all day becuase his nightmares had prevented him from achieving peace for the past few days. He looked so calm, she almost didnt want to wake him but just sit and watch him forever, but there was no time for that now.

"Sammy, Sammy wake up, we've got to go right now!" She shook his shoulders until he stirred and grabbed the bag she had packed and then her cloak. Her hands were trembling, her skin cracking; the spell that kept her alive and looking like herself no longer able to sustain her.

She would have to grab him by the hand and race down the streets to Hogwarts station and just go and never look back. That was their only option...
    The hourglass clock around her neck ticked louder and louder, overshadowing the sound of her own heartbeat in her ears.

The Time Has Come When The Death Bell Tolls (Sam/Cryssie/Kerew) (Closed) Empty Re: The Time Has Come When The Death Bell Tolls (Sam/Cryssie/Kerew) (Closed)

Post by Guest Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:14 pm

Sam felt completely exhausted in body, mind and spirit. It seemed like a lot of things had been happening all at once, and in the space of only a few days. Cryssie had seemed so anxious. His head was in turmoil. The wolf in him made his body feel heavy with dread and nuasia. What was about to come? Why even after all this time was he not prepared for it? Time was slipping through his fingers like grains of sand and he was powerless to stop it. Whatever fate had in store for him, he was about to collide with it like a brick wall.

His body shook with shock as he felt Cryssie shake him. He awoke groggily and rubbed at his eyes, not knowing what was going on or why she and Wolfie seemed so panicked.
    "Whats goin on? Whats with the bags?" He got up from the bed. "Cryssie you need to calm down."
    "Theres no time for that Sam!" She threw his coat at him. "We've gotta move right now!"

Sam knew she knew that something was about to happen but she didnt want to tell him. She looked weak and tierd, not herself, reverting more into a typical doppleganger state than herself. Thats when he clicked, it wasnt Clarian that was the disguise, not entirely, it was Cryssie. This was her last day! Why hadnt she told him! He'd have soent it with her, not sleeping in bed!

He donned his boots and coat, grabbed the bag in one hand and took Cryssie's hand in another as they raced down the streets of Stargazer Square into Hogsmeade. Cryssie was running so hard it was like she was trying to outrun the setting sun and the shadows themsleves.

She stopped and the two of them caught their breath as they got to the station.
    "Okay Sammy, we need to get two tickets out of here now. I'll explain everything on the way to Herrick's."
    "Cryssie wait, i dont even get a chance to say goodbye? I've got to at least let the school now im leaving them, or at least leave a note. Ah no! The parchment Herrick gave me! I left it in Fanglor Alley! Iv gotta go find it!" Sam raced away with Wolfie. "Just give me 10 minutes!" He shouted back.

The Time Has Come When The Death Bell Tolls (Sam/Cryssie/Kerew) (Closed) Empty Re: The Time Has Come When The Death Bell Tolls (Sam/Cryssie/Kerew) (Closed)

Post by Guest Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:07 pm

Hand in hand, she and Sam had pounded through the streets. Her legs were barely enough to carry her, she felt like they were about to break at any moment, or that her racing heart was about to fail and she'd pass out and be gone for good.

Her mind was focused on one of two things: 'Just get to the station. Get there and go home were Kerew cant get us'. The other 'Kerew could be lerking in any one of these shadows; wating for us.'

She begged with all her heart that the sun would just stay in the sky, but nightfall set in as quickly as they seemed to be running, as if the fates wanted to spite them; thrust them into their doom.

Sam collapsed on the floor inhaling deeply when they finally got to the station. She was so releived they'd mad eit. If nothing else went wrong, they'd get home in time. But of course, Sam being Sam, nothing could ever be that simple.

Her eyes widened with rage when he said that he had to run off for a minute. Was he insane?! Leaving her in a weak state unprotected?! Did other people really matter to him more than she did?! Couldnt he have just sent a letter when the two of them were safely at home in Herrick's cottage?!
    "Sam! No!!! Dont you understand! We have to leave right this second! We cant afford to wait 10 minutes! Sam!"

But he'd already ran off. She could feel shadows creeping behind her. She began to choke for breath; she could feel hands around her throat althought no-one was there. Thats when she knew...

A tear rolled down her cheek as she heard that dark chuckle. His mouth appeared from the shadows to her ear, and he muttered something menacingly to her in French. Although she couldnt understand him, she knew to be terrified. What could she possibly hope to do agaisnt a man like Kerew? There was no point in begging, or screaming, or struggling. She was now clutched by the hands of fate, sealed in the course that was to follow.
    "I tried Sam" She thought. "I really tried to save you, but you never listened to me..."

Post by Guest Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:28 pm

Patiently biding his time was finally about to pay off as he could enact his revenge. He'd been watching Sam and Crystella for a long time, just waiting for the perfect oppurtunity; and now that oppurtunity was finally at hand. They were both too weak to stop him, and no-one would be around to save them.

He grinned to himself as the sun set and the level of fear rose in Crystella's eyes. She knew to be scared. Sam too was soon about to learn that he should have stayed hiding in a hole and never tried to live a life Kerew couldnt ever lead. Why should Sam be able to live happily with a woman and have a family and friends if he was denied that right? It was finally time for him to rid himself of the last of the pesky Howlin family once and for all; no-one would ever be able to stand in his way of getting what he wanted when he wanted again.

His eyes locked on Sam and followed him and he ran off, leaving Crystella alone and defenseless. The pathetic simpleton. He wanted to make this little game interesting. He wanted to make Sam panic and suffer. Using his mind, he made it so it was as if his hands were around Crystella's neck. He chuckled darkly and crept out from the shadows, bending down to whisper in her ear.

"Bonjour vous petit halfling faible... Sont vous enfin prêt à mourir...? A fait pens vous que vous pourriez m'échapper...?" (Hello you weak little halfling. Are you finally ready to die? Did you think you could escape me?)

He licked the tear from her face and laughed as she grimaced and trembled.
    "Now... i want you to scream for me... nice and loud so wolfyboy can hear you...."
    He squoze and began to twist her arm.
    "Dont fight me... be a good girl... nice and loud or i'll break this arm clean off..." He squoze tighter and laughed loudly as she screamed delicious screams of agony and terror...

Now the game could begin. He opened a shadowy doorway behind him and pulled Crystella in with him, to a place where he could be in control of everything and they would have no chance of escaping or rescue...

Post by Guest Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:59 pm

Sam had barely gotten half a mile away when Wolfie stopped, jerked his head back towards the station and whined and growled. Thats when Sam heard the scream.
    "Oh no... CRYSTELLA!" Sam charged back towards the station.

How could he have been so stupid?! How had he not been able to see this coming?! It shouldnt have mattered that his sense was working or not; he should have known. "Please be alright Cryssie! Im coming!"
    He skidded to a halt by the doorway. It was obviously a trap. There was a note for him on the floor, a mocking one from Kerew:

"A spider caught a little moth in his tangled twisted web, and through this dark and secret hole is where it will lay dead. So if you do not wish for your little friend to die, come into my parlar said the spider to the fly"

"Oh foolish little mutt face, you're luck has just run out. Climb through this tunnel, where i will take you out. No chance that you will live, be quick or she will die. Thats what you get when you screw with a guy who's beat you thrice."
    (Itsy bitsy spider)

Sam crumpled the taunting letter in his hand and leapt through the doorway. He found himself in ruins in the midst of a forest, at least 40 miles away from Hogwarts school. Everywhere was encased in darkness. Perfect fighting conditions for Kerew, not so perfect for Sam.

"KEREW! WHERE IS SHE?!" Sam screamed. He heard Kerew chuckle darkly and Crystella's muffled screams echo about him in that clearing. "COME OUT AND FACE ME! LET HER GO, SHE'S DONE NOTHING TO YOU!"
    In truth though, it was Sam who was afraid of what was to come.

He was suprised but relieved when he saw Crystella fall to the ground as if she'd been thrown there, getting up and running towards him. He embraced her in his arms, happy she was unharmed. But something was wrong, she was straining against something and he felt her take something from him. He jumped backwards out of the way just in time as she swiped his grandfathers dagger at his neck and came at him again.

"Cryssie! Whats wrong with you?! Stop! Why are you doing this!"
    He couldnt fight back. Her body was so fragile, one scratch or hit would make her disintergrate. Plus, if he engaged himself in attack, his wolf side would show through, and he never wanted that to happen again; he especially would never be able to live with himself if the wolf killed Cryssie. This had to be Kerew's doing. Cryssie would never set out to hurt him, and Kerew knew that Sam would never hurt her either.
    "Why are you doing this Kerew?! Argh! Cryssie snap out of it! KEREW!"

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:21 am

Kerew waited in darkness, full of anticipation. The illness he'd gave Cryssie had ravaged her. Her mind was too weak to fight off his control over her body.

"Lets make the game fun shall we?" He chuckled at her, his hand still over her mouth, his arm still restraining her until he was sure he had full control.
    "Who better to hurt Sam then you...? It would be boring if i just let you go... You involve yourelf with Howlins Heartlinger, you can share the same fate..."

He threw her to the ground in front of him and manipulated her with his mind to run to Sam and reach for his dagger. He roared with laughter. If Sam wanted to live, he would have to kill the woman he loves; it would destroy him, and Kerew enjoyed nothing more than seeing the light of hope leave someones eyes and be replaced instead with despair and anguish. If not, at least he'd still have a heck of a show to watch. The desparation and confusion in Sam's eyes was just hilarious. He still didnt get that he and Cryssie didnt hold the cards anymore; Kerew did.

"Haha! She cant hear you muttface. And if she can its pointless. She hasnt got the strength to resist me before. She was weak even before my illness."
    "Why are you doing this?!" He heard Sam roar.
    "Haha! Becuase its funny. And surely you appreciate the sheer beauty of the irony of being killed by your own weapon by someone who you'd never wish to fight. You'll get your turn with me soon enough, but i want the waste of space out of the way first. Face it Sam, to survive long enough to fight me, you'll have to kill her. Ha...you have no other choice."

With Crystella under his control, weak or no, Sam would have very little chance of defending himself. Crystella's doppleganger body was light and easy to move quickly, giving Sam little time to react every time she swiped at his face or chest with the dagger and kicked out at him. Kerew so loved these little puppets Saizilia created; they were so easy to take from her; he was getting revenge on the people he hated in multiple ways at once and he was very much satisfied with himself.

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:38 am

Despite what Kerew said, Sam knew Cryssie was still there, he could see it in her eyes. He just hoped she'd find some small reserve of energy, just strong enough to break herself free of Kerew's control.

Sam growled with frustration. Kerew thought everything was a game and a joke. Sam did have a choice, he did, and even if he didnt, he still wouldnt kill Cryssie.

He shouted out in pain as the dagger slashed him across his burn wound on his cheek, his chest, his blistered scarred arms, his thigh, his back. No matter how hard he tried to dodge or how quick he tried to moved, it was liek Kerew was one step ahead and got Cryssie to always land at least one hit on him.

Sam looked into Cryssie's eyes, that welled with tears. Her hands were shaking. He knew she didnt want to hurt him either. Her face said 'im sorry Sam'. He gave her a look back that said 'Im sorry too'. He never wanted this to happen. If only he'd listened sooner and took his sisters warnings seriously, maybe he wouldnt be in this mess, but it was a bit late for that now.

He grabbed hold of Cryssie's hands as she lunged forward to attack him again. He could do more than try to restrain her, and even then being careful. If not he could snap of her limbs like twigs.

"Cryssie, please, i know you can shake this! Dont let him control you! You're stronger than he says you are! Snap out of it, you know you dont wanna hurt me anymore than i do you! Fight him off, i know you can do it!"

"Kerew you coward! You'll never fight your own battles with honour! They always have to be with those weaker than you! You're nothing but a bully! You think you're invincible but you're not! Someday Kerew, someone in my family will kill you! And if you think you've won by taking over Cryssie's mind, you're wrong! She'll break free of you, i kno she will!"

Sam's words just made Kerew roar with laughter of course. A part of Sam wished Wolfie would just find him and rip out his neck, but the other was glad Wolfie had hidden himself. He didnt want Kerew to take control of Wolfie too, otherwise Sam would really be in trouble then.

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:19 am

Cryssie kept slipping in and out of consciousness; in and out of reality, knowing this really was it for her; Kerew's illness had reached her brain. She was powerless to fight him. Her body jerked forward against her will; she was being pulled and pushed like a doll no matter how hard she tried to tense her body or let go of the dagger she couldnt.

She didnt want to hurt Sam, and he knew he'd never hurt her. She wanted to tell him how sorry she was but she couldnt move her mouth to speak. In another look, she was practically begging Sam to kill her; she didnt want to keep hurting him. She winced and cried every time the dagger slashed through Sam's skin and made him scream.

Sam finally managed to pin her by holding her hands up in the air; their faces only inches apart. Even now when his life was on the line, he was being careful not to hurt her.
    "Just fight back Sam" She pleaded, hoping her thoughts would show themsleves on her face. "Dont worry about me, im only a puppet, my body is doomed anyway"

Kerew's laughter filled the air and drummed in her ears. Poor Sam... he didnt know yet...
    She couldnt let this happen. Even if it took all her remaining strength to do so, she was going to try to fight Kerew off.
    Although she still wasnt in control of her arms and legs, she was able to force herself forward to kiss Sam's face gently. She concentrated on her hand and tried to foucs her eyes to stop herself from blacking out again. With a yell she threw the dagger to the ground and her exhausted body tumbled to the floor.
    She half laughed half cried with relief. She didnt know how, but she'd done it, she was free. It was a bit of a hollow victory though, all things considered. Kerew wasnt laughing now; now he was angry...

She was overcome with pain and pushed herself away from Sam, her head was throbbing and her ribs felt like they were cracking inwards, or like her organs were being squoze. This type of pain was Kerew one again using an unforgivable curse. The crucio curse.

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:38 am

Kerew could feel Crystella's body becoming an empty shell. He laughed smugly to himself. His illness was brilliant. Soon enough her mind and soul would be gone; one less nusance to bother him. Any minute now, Crystella would be gone forever, and Sam would be dead.
    There was no way either of them had the strength to defy him. Even in a weakenened state he was still more powerful than the two of them could ever hope to be, and he found it laughable that Crystella was even trying to break free of his control.
    "Stop resisiting me Mousey... its futile..."

He'd been enjoying the show until Sam had to ruin it. It was funny at first watching him run around trying not to get himself killed, but now he wanted to see Sam fight and lose control.

Kerew shot out a booming laugh. "Ah! Haha! Oh mutt face, if only you knew the level of crap coming from your mouth was! Havent you guessed it yet? I've already won a long time ago. This is just me tieing up loose ends"

Kerew's eyes and nostrils flared with indignation as Crystella let go of the dagger and broke free. There was no way on earth she had the strenght to do that!
    "I will not be made a fool of by a wipsy little halfblood like you..." He growled under his breath. He channeled his hateful thoughts down through his fingers and aimed at Crystella. "Crucio"

He smirked darkly at her screams and targeted Sam. "Oh dont worry wolfyboy, i havnt forgotten about you...crucio... suffer you worthless dog!"

The two of them could die in horrible agony. He'd like to see who could stop him now. Tonight, those who had opposed him would die, and no force on earth could change that.

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:56 am

What did Kerew mean he had already won...? Had something else happened that no-one in his family had been gracious enough to tell him.
    "You will never win Kerew! Never! Not really, becuase even after you kill me, what do you have left? Nothing. All you are is a killer... not a winner..."

Sam wasnt going to give in to Kerew's game. He would keep dodging until Cryssie'sbody was too weak to move, then he would attack Kerew.

His eyes widened with a small rush of joy and disbelief as Crystella released the dagger, and was finally free of Kerw's control.

Sam wrapped his arms around Crystella gently, tears trickling down his cheeks. "I knew you could do it Cryssie.. i knew it.."

Just then she pushed away and began to scream in pain. Why couldnt Kerew just leave her alone?! Hadnt he already made her suffer enough. Suddenly, Sam too was overcome with excruciating pain. He became a twisted, screaming ball on the floor, trying to reach out and hold Cryssie's hand. He thought that his pain threshold would be high after all the werewolf transformations he had endured, but he was wrong.

Wolfie jumped in front of them and barked; a sonic wave of magic resounded and bounced back off the trees. It knocked Kerew back a few feet and released Sam and Cryssie from the curse. How did Wolfie just do that? He guessed there was more to his dog than met the eye. Able to transform himself into a man temporarily, and now this? Was there nothing he couldnt do? Then Sam remembered that Herrick had enfused Wolfie with a great deal of magic, and like Kerew, Wolfie even had demon blood in him, which made him even more powerful than Sam. The ultimate guardian. A warrior who could actually stand up against Kerew when Sam couldnt.

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:13 am

Kerew chuckled darkly again. "Oh muttface, the sheer bullshit you spill makes me laugh. Nothing? No, i have more than you ever will. And you're only saying im not a winner, becuase you cant stnad how much of a loser you are in comparision. You've always been a loser. Face it; you cant even win battles agaisnt yourself. Im not the only murderer here...am i?"

Oh how he loved the sounds of screams, and soon, there would be delicious silence.

He gritted his teeth in annoyance when he saw Sam's stupid mongrel dog appear. Kerew had a bone to pick with him too for the bite wounds on Kerew's arm and leg.
    "You want to die too? Fine by me."

The bark from Wolfie knocke dhim backwards and sounded like a loud church bell in Kerew's ears. What the hell? He just started to laugh again.
    "Are the Howlin's really so weak that even a mongrel stray has more power? Ha! No wonder you kept him aorund muttface. You've always been weak but this is pathetic. Your pet is a better fighter than you! Ha! Ah Herrick, you tricky old bastard... always having to screw around with the laws of nature havent you?"

Kerew raied an eyebrow and huffed as Wolfie changed into a human looking form and withdrew a wand.
    "You think you're enough to stand against me? You really think muttface is really worth dying for? Ha! Some would find your loyalty admirable, i find it pathetic. Lets play a game and see how willing you are to die then shall we mongrel?" Kerew fixed his gaze on Crystella. "Reducto!"

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:03 am

Sam was now overcome with pain and guilt. He had to fight back the tears that pricked in his eyes; he couldnt show weakness to Kerew.
    "We both know that was an accident! Unlike you i dont do it on bloody purpose!"

He breathed in relief as the pain stopped and he crawled over to Crystella.
    "Cryssie are you ok?" She was ok, just really weak. "Wolfie, you're brilliant!"

He strained to his feet and helped Crystella to hers. "For your information Kerew, i keep Wolfie around becuase i love him to bits, he's my best friend, we look out for eachother, we keep eachother going. I didnt even know Wolfie could do this until recently. Be him a superpowered demon dog or just a normal dog, he still means the world to me and i to him. We fight together to protect those we love, or we die trying."

Sam saw Wolfie stand on hind legs and become more human. "Wolfie... dont engage him buddy... i dont want you to get hurt..."

Sam wrapped himself over Crystella to protect her form the blast but it was Wolfie who stopped the blast. He dived in front and shouted "Shedelyah!" and a forcefield encased the three of them like a shield.
    "Im so glad you were there when we studied Kerrick's spell book my friend." Sam smiled up at Wolfie. He'd be lost without him.

Kerew moved his hands in the air like he was about to crack and imaginary whip, and a ring of fire surrounded Wolfie, Sam and Cryssie and a firey snake rose from the ground and hissed in front of them.
    "Ooohh...craaapp... Anything in Herricks book for this buddy?"
    "Sam, hold your wand up as i do and blast it into the air... with me, 1...2...3.. thundranthros"
    Sam and Wolfie blasted their wands and heavy rain poured down on the fire like a thick curtain. After the fire was extinguished it stopped.

"I've gotta ask Wolfie, where did you get or even learn to use a wand?"
    "Not right now Sam... He's moved and the rain has made it really hard for me to pick his scent up. We've got to be on guard..."

Sam heard Kerew's whispery voice echo about in the darkness. "Legilimens..."

Sam yelled and shook his head wildly as Kerew made him relive the night he killed Hayden. "Stop it!"
    But of course, Kerew loved to break his opponents with psychological warfare.

Sam fell to his knees and covered his ears to block out Kerew's laughter. "I never meant it... it was an accident... i didnt mean to..."

"Sam, snap out of it! Theres nothing we can do to take that back now, but remember, we still have to defend Cryssie." Wolfie shook Sam by the shoulder and pulled him back to his feet.
    Wolfie was right; Sam couldnt let Kerew get to him. Not again. Not now.

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:34 am

Kerew just laughed at Sam. "You think you're valient but you're just tragic. It figures your only friend is a lowlife dog like you. Thats becuase no-one else wants to be caught dead in your company. And please shut up before i throw up! But die trying suits me if it'll rid me of the two of you. You've been nothing but pains in the arse since we met. Talk is cheap and getting old. I want action, i want this game to be interesting"

He was growing irritated at wolfie blocking his attacks. "Curse that wretched man and his spellbook" He snarled. "Sooner or later, your luck will run out. I've learnt things you have no chance of defense against. Lets see how you manage this one"

Manipulating the incendio spell, he created a ring of fire and a giant serpent. He could see the fear in Sam's eyes from the last time he'd been around Kerew and fire.
    Kerew would have to get rid of Wolfie if he wanted to kill Sam, otherwise he'd keep getting in the way and helping. "Very good..." Kerew said in a mocking, dark voice. "But you didnt think that through. Now how are you going to find me... hahaha..."

Kerew concealed himself in the shadows behind Sam. "I think i'll mess with your head for a little while..."
    He loved that he had learnt legilimency. The best way to hurt and break his opponents was to make them relive horrific moments in their lives.

Kerew had had enough of Wolfie ruining his fun. "How about this skill i learnt from a friend in askaban..?"
    He used it to crush wolfie's wand arm. He yelped and reverted back into a dog. "Hahaha...much better..."

He emerged from the shadows, smirking.
    "What are you going to do now Sam? Your little pet cant fight me for you, and your mousey little girlfriend could go any minute. What will you do hmm...?"

He forced his arm into a sword radiating a dark and poisenous energy that resulted in horrid death.
    "Save me a spot in hell wont you muttface." He drew his arm back and sneered at Sam. "You've had a good run... but this is when your time RUNS OUT!"

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:51 am

Cryssie dragged herself away from the flames and tried to prop herself up agaisnt a tree. Poor Sam looked tense, as one would expect after the man had been set alight not too long ago. According to her life clock, she only had a few minutes left. She looked around nervously; there was no telling were Kerew could be hiding when darkness was everywhere.

Sam hadnt been the only target of Kerew's legilimency... He made her relive the night a few years ago when he'd attacked her...among other things... She curcled into herself and tried tos tifle her cries so Wolfie and Sam wouldnt hear her. She heard Wolfie yelp and snap out of it. "Wolfie no!" Her voice was bearley a croaky whisper. She had to do something, she just wished she had the strength.

She saw what Kerew was planning to do to Sam. As Kerew lunged forward Crystella dived; Kerews hand went right through her, his fingertips narrowly missing Sam. She coughed and felt drip out from the side of her mouth. Kerew yanked his hand out and jumped back into the shadows. She placed her hand over her stomach wound and felt the sand that her body was made of pour out of her.

She fell backwards into Sams arms and stoked his face.
    "S...Sam..mmy... I am dying, Egypt, dying; only I here importune death awhile, until of many thousand kisses the poor last I lay upon thy lips..."
    If she was going to die, she was going to go out quoting some of she and Sam's favourite pieces of Shakespearian drama.

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:08 pm

"Wolfie buddy are you ok?! Kerew you'll pay for th-"
    Sam felt choked and stiff; Kerew's mind control forced Sam's body to his knees as his arm became a black flaming sword.

What could he do now? He'd failed. He was too late and had no chance now. He closed his eyes as Kerew lunged forward. He heard the sound of pottery being broken and looked up in horror to see Cryssie.
    "Noooooooooo!!" She fell back into his arms and her skin began cracking.

He tried to block the sand from coming out of her back with his hand and held onto hers with the other as she reached up to his face.

Tears welled and cascaded from his eyes. "Oh Cryssie... im so so sorry... why was i so stupid... i never wanted this to happen to you... i should have been the one protecting you..."

He cradled her in his arms and held her up to him so he could hear what she was trying to say. He cried harder. A line from a Shakesperian tragedy no less.
    "Oh Cryssie..." He kissed he rlips enderly, his tears dotting her face.
    "Thy eternal summer shall not fade..." He said is a choked teary voice. "..nor shall death brag thou wander'st in his shade...so long as men can breathe or eyes can see... so long lives this..." He kissed her softly again. "i just wish it could give life to thee... Cryssie please dont leave me... i cant lose you again..."

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:23 pm

Crystella smiled weakly and tried to tell him it was alright, but her voice was too faint. At least he was here with her now. Tears fell from her own eyes. She had tried to prevent these events; she never thought their final moments would be like this.

Her vision was blurring and turning black. Her last images would be of Sam's sad face and a cloudy night sky. She felt Wolfie lie down at her other side. She rested her arm of his fur.

If only Sam's kisses could breathe life into her; or if only a doppleganger body could truly feel them.

He started reciting poetry. He knew how that got to her. He was so sweet. She wished she didnt have to leave him like this.
    "I'm sorry...Sam... but my time..." She rested her hand over her life clock. "...all doppleganger bodies Sezzy creates...wear these...it tells them... how long they have... left... to live..."

She looked up at the sky.
    "You will...meet....someone...soon... who will...tell you...the things i... could...not..."

With her final breath and ounce of strength she clutched Sam's hand and stroked Wolfie's face.
    "I love you guys with all my heart... 'Presume not...on thy...hearts when... mine is...slain... thou gav'st me...thine... not to... give back... a..gain'... Now my spirit is going... I...."

She fell silent and her body turned into sand that slipped through Sam's fingers and was partly carried off by the wind. The clock from her neck was all that was left. And now the ticking...had finally stopped.

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:39 pm

Why were the gods against him? Why did it have to end this way? Why had he been cursed to never have anything good in his life; to lose everything?

He watched her hand as she spoke. He had never realised her necklace was a countdown clock to death. To this dreaded day.
    He continued to cry as he sang a song to her.
    "As strong as you were...t-tender you go... im watching you..br-breathing... for the last time... a song for your heart... and when it is quiet... i know what it means and... i'll carry you.. h-hh-ome..."

Meet someone? How did she mean? He hung on to her hand desperately.
    "Stay with me Cryssie, please stay with me..." He sobbed. "St-stay...with me... dont go away to s-soon... the angels can wait... for the moment..."

He rested his forehead on hers. "We love you too... My heart will be yours... forever...please dont leave me..." He hugged her close to him. "Cryssie?" He shook her gently as she fell silent. "Cryssie?!" She turned to dust in his hands and his heart stopped; his body went stif and shook. She was gone.

He held on to the sand in his hands and cried into his knees. Wolfie nudged the clock and spoke into it, knowing Saizilia could hear them.
    "It's time." Is all he said before he hobbled over to Sam and rested his paw on his knee. "Sam....?"

Sam rose to his feet and screamed into the sky. He wobbled to a stone wall and pounded it with his fists, crying in anger and grief. "Whhhhyyyy?!!!!"

Wolfie barked a warning but Sam was too late. He froze as he felt his body be pierced by two blades. The pain was intense that Sam couldnt even yell out. He fell down the wall and gripped his sides. He coughed and felt his mouth. The blood was black. Kerew had poisoned the blades.

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:56 pm

The mushy lovely last goodbye crap was making him feel sick, but Kerew still found it funny to watch people die. An dhe still got to see what he was waiting for; for hope and life to leave the eyes and be replaced by beautiful death or despair instead.

He picked up Sam's dagger and withdrew one of his own and poisoned them with the spell he was going to use on Sam before Crystella had ruined everything. At least she wasnt there to be in the way anymore. It was about time she died.

He silently emerged from the shadow and plunged one dagger into Sam's chest, and the other into his other kidney and twisted the blades, pushing them deeper into his flesh before he withdrew them. Sam slid down the wall, a trail of blood following him.

"You can stay here and bleed to death. I thought our next meeting would have been more intense but ce la viw, theres always next time mon ami" He patted then punched Sam across the face, spitting on him and laughing. "You can have your grandfathers crappy old dagger back." He threw it at Sam's feet.

Wolfie tried to jump and bite at him but Kerew kicked him into the wall next to Sam.
    Kerew skipped over to the dust; all that was left of Cryssie and wouldnt leave without once last out of childish cruelty to taunt and haunt Sam with.
    "Ding dong the ditz is dead" He sang, as he stamped the dust into the ground. "Which old ditz! That wispy ditz!" He kicked the dust about him so it scattered all over the place. Sam tried to tell him 'dont' but was in too much pain to move. "Ding ding that sad weak wisp is dead! Hahaha" He laughed darkly as he disappeared into the shadows.

Fate had shown him that Sam would die now, but this was not to be their last stand. Kerew still had other places to go, people to kill. Saizilia was bound to meddle in the affiars of life and death in a desperate attempt to break the Howlin family curse, so he and Sam would meet again and again. He would thwought the Howlin family and achieve his ultimate revenge, but not today.
    "Looks like i win again muttface. Auvoir till next time." And with that he vanished through the shadowy doorway as the sun came up. Summer nights never did last long.

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:39 pm

Sam was almost oblivious and numb to what was going on now. Pain had left him blind and deaf. But he caught the words next time. What next time? How could there be a next time?
    Sam groaned and gave small muffled yells of pain. He heard Wolfie yelp as he hit the wall and fell next to Sam. He dragged his body closer to him and stroked Wolfie's head.
    He saw the dust, then Kerew's face. "Dont..." But Kerew did anyway. Sam sighed and closed his eyes, leaning backwards and thumping the back of his head on the wall.

He looked up at the sky. It wasnt as dark now. Why did his family give that parchemnt to Sam? He had no chance of ever beating Kerew. At least Kerew was gone now, so Sam could be left in peace.

Wolfie strained and tried to reach for his wand to heal Sam.
    "Dont bother boy..." Sam stroked his head. "Its ok... ive been so tierd.... at least this way... i may have a chance of being with Cryssie... i deserve to die after what ive done... the people ive hurt..."

"Dont say that Sam. I dont want to lose my best friend. You cant die here like this. Dont give up at the last hurdle. Im sure i can carry you back to the school and take you to the hospital. You'll be ok, you'll see."

"Noo... no Wolfie..." Sam looked out into the distance as the early signs of sunrise. His hands still clutched tightly to the sand that was left of Crystella. "Im so cold Wolfie..." There was so much blood on the earth.

Wolfie lumbered over Sams body to keep him warm. "Thanks Wolfie... you're the best pal i could ever wish to have.." Sam buried his head in Wolfie's neck. "I want you to take care of yourself yea... arrgh..." Sam's insides felt like they were on fire or being eaten alive.

Sam pulled a pieces of paper and wrote farewell letters in his own blood.
    'To Rich and Briony, i wish you two all the best. Despite my absense, remember i am always there as your faithful friend.'
    'To Willow, im sorry i couldnt be there for you as a big brother... but i know Jamie will look after you. I hope you'll be ok sis'
    The last letter wasnt addressed to anyone particular.
    'To anyone who will read this, i am so very sorry, sorry with all of my being for the things i have done to ever hurt anyone. I wish i could have done more to help and protect. I am a killer... but i am also a man who tried to love. I had little to give, but would give it away anyway to those who needed it more. I wish you all happiness. I wonder how long i will be gone for before anyone notices. To those i leave behind, i love you all. Take care of Wolfie for me, and yourselves.'

He folded the letters and slid them through Wolfie's collar.

"Im sorry to get blood in your fur buddy... Wolfie... when i... you know... go back to the castle... or go back to the square... anywhere were someone will look after you... dont be sad for me... dont stay here with me... i dont want to lose you too... i want you to be here in case i ever by some miracle come back... i want you to protect the students and look out for those we love... will you do that for me?"

Wolfie whined sadly and nodded. "Thanks boy... I love you, even if i havnt been that good a friend to you... even if all ive ever done in endanger you... you know you mean the world to me..." He looked up again at the sky. "I wonder what the mornings that follow this will bring... I wonder what waits out there... i wonder... i wonder...."
    Sam closed his eyes and his heart slowly stopped.

Wolfie howled a long, despondent howl into the sky. He wouldnt leave Sam's side for hours. Eventually, he fished out the paradox bottle from Sams coat pocket and poured it on the floor. Sam's body sank into the liquid before it returned into the bottle. Wolfie placed it in Sam's sachel and, head bent, limped all the way back to the school with the bag in his mouth, where he sat alone by the front door next to the chair Sam would usually sit in. He lay there with his head in his paws, where he would wait for Sam to come back.

And so goes a story plagued with strife and woe
    Of that of Samuel Robin James Howlin, oh!
    He and his beloved and friend were parted so,
    The world never even saw them go,
    And for now no one will ever know...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 8:13 am