Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

Flying books [open]

Scarlet Valora Potter
    Scarlet Valora Potter
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Flying books [open] Empty Flying books [open]

Post by Scarlet Valora Potter Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:40 am

Scarlet went inside the empty library, excited and giddy for the possibilities that might happen. Starting today, nothing will be impossible. She's surrounded with wizards, witches and everything magical. Things feel different here, she thought. To be frank, she is feeling scared. Everyone she sees are skilled and confident. She knows - she read their minds. One girl with ginger hair was laughing with her friends, and not one of them were nervous at all.

There ARE a few who are nervous, but at least they were raised within the magical community. While she - a Potter - doesn't even know how to do one single spell.

She stared at her wand, lying on her satchel, ready for spells and curses. Will she be ready for everything?

And what's worse is, there are voices everywhere. She feels different, far more than unusual. She read the minds of Slytherins who think think lowly of her.

That small dainty frail blonde, she often hears. Does she really look that fragile? Weak?

And to think that her own mother was a Malfoy.

And here she is, just sitting on a chair, dumbfounded. She went for her wand and took her Charms book from her brown satchel and randomly flipped to a page.

Advanced Charms, it said. She read the first spell, Accio, and examined its instructions.

Her wand at ready, she cautiously waved it and said "Accio book".
    After a minute of silence, she saw a series of books flying towards her with such a speed that would break anyone's leg during a game of Soccer. And with that, she yelled, grabbed her satchel and ran around and around nonchalantly while flailing with her hands in the air.

"HELP! HELP!"

Flying books [open] Empty Flying books

Post by Guest Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:30 am

Alexis was walking to the library to find something to read.
    She was turning the bend when she heard, "Accio book!" she frowned, who in their right mind would use 'Accio' in a library?
    She entered and ducked just in time for a heavy book to miss her head. Books were flying everywhere. She pulled out her wand from her sleeve and said, "Finite" the books fell down with a loud crash! She looked around, "Who's there?"
    Scarlet Valora Potter
    Scarlet Valora Potter
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Flying books [open] Empty Re: Flying books [open]

Post by Scarlet Valora Potter Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:01 am

Scarlet, blushing, carefully crawled out from under a table where she previously left her stack of Muggle novels and parchments.

"Uh..." she muttered, "I'm... over here."

She stood, straightening up her Sunday dress beneath her robes and fixed her hair. Looking around the huge mess, she walked towards the girl who helped with stopping the books from flying around the room. "Thanks... I - I know, I really shouldn't have did that charm. It was so stupid of me."

She looked down once again, her hair hiding her face. A tear trickled down her face. No, no, no... Not again. You messed it up again, Scarlet, she thought.

Looking back to the things she said towards the girl, she remembers saying she shouldn't have done that charm, which is the response to... to...

To the girl's thoughts.
    Oh no.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:20 am

"Oh, it's alright." Alexis said dismissively. But suddenly, she had a weired feeling, did the the girl read my mind?
    Ana, you're being stupid again, she told herself. She is a student, possibly a first year. She can't be a legilimens, can she?
    Suddenly she saw a tear trickle down her cheek.
    She approached her through the mess, "It's alright, really. Don't be upset. We all make mistakes, don't we? I'm sure Professor Vermont won't be mad if we explain the situation. Oh, I'm Alexis by the way, Alexis Hope."
    Scarlet Valora Potter
    Scarlet Valora Potter
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Scarlet Valora Potter Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:45 am

She stood there, petrified. She sighed and nodded, sat down and let herself relax.

"Thank you," she said with a frail smile on her face, "I - I was just being too careless. I really shouldn't have let intimidation ruin me."

She sighed once again, and started looking at the mess once again.

"Yes - I can read minds."

She looked at Alexis, full of hope that she wouldn't take her wrongly. "But I'm not a legilimens. I haven't even started my Occlumency lessons yet. It's just... Ever since 4, I started reading people's minds. It doesn't take much, just look at their eyes. I try to control it, but I don't know how. That's why I came here," waving her hands around the library, "to look for something useful. I guess climbing up ladders is better than doing complicated charms."

She looked at Alexis once again, and smiled. "I'm Scarlet Valora Potter. But you can call me Riley."
    Clarisse Valliere
    Clarisse Valliere
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Clarisse Valliere Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:29 pm

A blonde girl emerged from a bookshelf, wearing her Ravenclaw robes and glasses, peering through a book.

"You're Scarlet Potter, a first year, am I right?"
    She sighed and closes the book, which was labelled: "Advanced Charms Year II"

"You remind me of myself from before, experimenting on different charms and ending up injured." she smiled slightly, but returned to serious mode.

"Although, I wouldn't advise you to use a Summoning Charm early into your studies. It's a pretty difficult spell to master but I'm sure you'll get there in time." she pats the first year reassuringly on the back.

"It's not much of a big deal, right? I mean, accidents do happen sometimes!" she looks at the Slytherin as if looking for approval. Of course, it was clear that everything was fine.

"But you could get an early start on some easy charms~ it wouldn't hurt to be a bit ahead, right? Do you want me to teach you one?" she offers.

She got her wand from her pocket at directed it at a book on the floor: "Wingardium Leviosa!"

"It's a beginner spell, so it's quite easy especially for someone with as much potential as you."

She looks at the time at the wall and gasps.

"Oh and by the way, I'm Clarisse Valliere, a second year from Ravenclaw! Nice to meet you two, but I have to find this particular book, so I'll just dash off, okay?"
    She grinned foolishly and muttered, Where can I find that stupid Charms book that will tell me about the body-bind curse...arghhh..

[[OOC: Gosh sorry if I fail too much at this! It's my first time ;___;]]

Post by Guest Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:40 pm

"Pleasure meeting you by the way." Alexis murmured behind her back. In a hurry, isn't she? She shook her head and turned to Scarlet.
    Wow, Alexis thought, a mind reader.
    "Nice to meet you Riley. You can call me Alexis or Ana, whatever you prefer. So, mind reader, huh? It'll be difficult to keep secrets from you. isn't it? But sometimes we need people to understand things without needing to tell them, I guess. I hope we get to be good friends. Which book are you looking for, if you don't mind me asking, that is."
    She was babbling, she realized. But she wanted the girl to ease up. She looks so nervous, she thought.
    Scarlet Valora Potter
    Scarlet Valora Potter
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Scarlet Valora Potter Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:54 pm

She was amazed by the Ravenclaw - Clarisse - and how she swiftly did a charm without any sweat at all. She thanked her by doing a smile and a nod, and shook her hand. She didn't dare do that charm she demonstrated, though, just to keep the library together.

"Yes, it's quite difficult to be around people, too. Sometimes, even without looking at them, voices just keep coming out of their heads and it's quite disturbing, even though I try to not listen. But it's safe to say that I'll keep all of your secrets, don't worry!" she said with a grin.

"Well, I'm looking for a lot of books at the moment - that's why I used the Summoning Charm to make it fast."

She took a list from her satchel and unfolded the crumpled paper - obviously been attempted to throw out many times but eventually failed.

"I'm looking for... a book about how to control mind reading, and a book about the Battle of Hogwarts. I reckon it'll help me find my real parents. Also, I'm wondering if there's still Hogwarts, A History around here. It might help me, too."

Scarlet looked like she was about to read more titles aloud, but before she did, she folder the paper in four and inserted it back into her satchel. "Yes, I guess that's all."

Post by Guest Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:03 pm

Scarlet didn't read the full list she noticed, but decided not to pry. Instead, she said, "Well, for controling mind reading, I think you should look at the Occlumency section, maybe you should join the class too. And for the Battle of Hogwarts you can go to the History section. And about um, your real parents... if you don't mind me asking, what exactly do you want to know?"
    'Thtar's enough, Ana' A voice which sounded remarkably like her mother said in her head, so she hastily continued, "Hogwarts, A History updates itself every ten years. You need to chose the versions carefully."
    "I need a potion book, but first lets clear this mess a bit." She murmured to herself. She turned to Scarlet, "Accio is a very useful spell, but you need to be controlled and precise. If anything, specify the name, that will do." She took out her wand again and pointed to the pile, and aimed carefully, "Accio History books" Five books flew out from the pile, she promptly dropped them on a nearby desk. "Here you go, Riley." She smiled at her, then turned to the pile again, "Accio Potion Books"
    Clarisse Valliere
    Clarisse Valliere
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Clarisse Valliere Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:29 am

Clarisse ran back to where they were, slightly out of breath, clutching a few books.

"I...I..." she stuttered. She looked behind her to check if there was anything moving there.

"I didn't know they still had The Monster Book of Monsters here! One of them just chased me! I'm not going anywhere near that section again!"
    She looked back for the second time, and turned to the other girl.

"So.. what're you looking for in those potions books?" she smiled.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:56 am

'Oh, nothing really. I just like to read ahead. Its one of my favorite subjects.' Alexis offered a small smile, 'I didn't get to introduce myself before. I'm Alexis. My brother used to complain about The Monster Book too. He kept his copy shut by a belt.' She smiled fondly at the memory.
    Scarlet Valora Potter
    Scarlet Valora Potter
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Scarlet Valora Potter Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:59 am

"My... parents?" she asked hesitantly, as if she heard it wrongly. "Well... The thing is, my foster parent's wont tell me who my real ones are. And I want to know."

She took another list out of her satchel and read the contents - she skipped a few parts and went to the last few words.

"Harry James Potter and Draco Lucius Malfoy - whenever I do some reading about my name, Scarlet Valora Malfoy Potter, it all comes down to them. Perhaps they aren't really my parents, but that's why I want to know more. They might be my uncles, or grandfathers. My surname is really popular whenever I read history books, that is why I forced my parents to let me study here. The books say that here is where it all started."

She looked at Alexis control the books with ease - which makes Scarlet's magic look more unlikely. Scarlet was about to put her list back to her satchel when Clarisse came running back, apparently looking scared and troubled.

"The Monster Book of Monsters...? What are those?"

Being the curious self of Scarlet, she tan towards the place where Clarisse came from and let a loud yell out of her system.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:12 am

Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy! Well it'll be difficult then, if they didn't want her to know... But her thought was interrupted. Scarlet had let out a scream. But she couldn't see her, rows of books interrupting her vision.
    'Where'd she go?' She asked Clarisse.
    Clarisse Valliere
    Clarisse Valliere
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Clarisse Valliere Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:07 pm

"I saw her go over there!" she pointed to the aisle of bookshelves behind her.

"Wait.. Isn't that where the Monster Book of Monsters was? Merlin's----!" she stood up quickly and took a quick look at the aisle.

"I can't see her anywhere 'round here! Can you help me look for her? She probably tried to chase the book or something and ran off!" she asked.

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:54 am

'Sure, where did you see the book? She might have gone there.' Her wand slipped into her hand.
    'I don't really know how to stop a monster book, a frezing charm and a binding curse should work. Don't you think?'
    A rustling sound was coming from behind the bookshelf.
    'Riley. Are you in there? Just give us a shout. Won't you?' She was nervous, not used to with rescuing people.
    Scarlet Valora Potter
    Scarlet Valora Potter
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Scarlet Valora Potter Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:57 am

Scarley jumped and jumped and attempted to climb a few ladders just to avoid the hyperactive Book of Monsters chasing her around the isles. "I'm - I'm -"

Occasionally, the unstable ladders would stop her from talking. She's afraid of heights - but what else could she do? Unless she wants the book to bite her shoes off.

She jumped, a few feet away from the books and ran again. Because of her ballet shoes, her steps won't make noise nor could she to be able to avoid the attention of more Monster Books.

"I'm here!" she yelled, but every time she stays in an isle, more Monster Books follow her. Basically, she can't stay still for more than a minute.

I shouldn't have followed the books, she murmured.

Until she thought of an idea.

She went for an isle with ladders and climbed at one of them. With her wand at her hand, she yelled, "Alexis! Clarisse! I'll try to summon my satchel - follow it and you'll find me, okay?".

She looked down, hoping they heard her. Okay, so Alexis said that it has to be specific... My satchel is brown...

"Accio brown satchel!"

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:33 am

Alexis aplauded scarlet's plan mentally. That's brilliant. 'Come on let's follow her satchel.' She told Clarisse. Alexis ran after the satchel. But she froze at the mouthe of the isle.
    Scarlet was perched on one of the ladders and at least ten monster books were snapping at her from below. Noticing an easy and lower target half a dozen books came snapping at her. 'Uh oh. Immorbulous! Incarcerus! Petrificus totalus! Clarisse! What do we do now?'
    Scarlet Valora Potter
    Scarlet Valora Potter
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Scarlet Valora Potter Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:01 am

"Uhh," she said nervously, as she was thinking of a plan. She gasped and yelled "Here!" as she threw her satchel's belt towards Alexis. "Maybe Clarisse could levitate one of the books, then you go tie it with that belt while putting it back to it's aisle. Then we repeat the cycle!"

She said those happily - it's not everyday you get to encounter 10 Monster Books attempting to bite your body parts off.

"Do you think it'll work?"

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:30 am

Alexis shhok her head, I can't believe it, she looks happy.
    'Tell you- Stupefy!-what, you seriously-Immorbulus!-lack a sense of self-preservation. We can bind them if they stay still enough. And while we- Incarcerus!-bind two, the rest will bite our toes off.'
    Suddenly, 'Ow!' One of the books snapped its jaw on her boot. 'Ow! Ow! Get off!' she tried to snatch the book from her feet, but only succeeded in her hand brushing the spine. Damn it! At least the book froze... Wait, what! She grabbed another snapping monster and after half a minute of struggling, she managed to brush the spine with her hand. The book went limp and fell open. And surely the first statement was, 'To open and read the book properly, stroke the spine with your hand.'
    'I got it! I got it!' she shouted, delighted at her discovery.
    Scarlet Valora Potter
    Scarlet Valora Potter
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Scarlet Valora Potter Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:42 am

Scarlet gasped at what happened, and grinned the next second. She went a few steps down, attempted to take a book but eventually failed. She tried again, but with caution and speed. She brushed the spine of the raging book and placed it on top of the shelf. She did this for 3 more books and watched Alexis success with calming the books.

She took another belt from her satchel and tied the books placed on top of the shelf and placed it behind a stack of bigger history books. "I think this will do."

Scarlet went down the ladder nervously, afraid that more books will come running. "I think I should go back to cleaning the mess," she said, looking at the messy library. "My mess, I mean. Do you know any easy spells?"

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:43 am

"Umm, not a single spell really." Alexis answered thoughtfully. "But a combination of summoning andb levitating might work. But we better not try in in here" She moved closer to the scattered books. "Ok, how about you handle Transfiguration, Occlumency and Charms books, and I'll handle the rest?"
    (by the way, where would Clarisse go?)
    Scarlet Valora Potter
    Scarlet Valora Potter
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Scarlet Valora Potter Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:01 am

"Okay,'' she said gleefully despite the trouble and mess that they got into. It has always been Scarlet's attitude to act differently. Being able to read minds, she learned that everyone has problems, too, and that we should just turn everything upside down. Sometimes, though, she tends to forget that tiny part when it comes to her problems.

She carried the books by 5's and went to their respective aisles. After a few cycles, she realized that it was too much work. Why am I acting like a Muggle? I'm a witch, aren't I?, she thought. "Accio Occlumency books!'', she said, this time with confidence - thanks to her new friends.

She piled the books by its kind and thought of levitating it.

Should I -- no, no. Exert some physical effort, Riley, you started this mess, anyway, she thought.

And with that, she went for the books' respective aisles.

[OOC: Clarisse is my classmate in real life so maybe she's still busy with studying for our exams? Haha idk let's just wait for her reply.]

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:07 pm

Alexis finished her job quickly using summoning and levitation. She noticed Scarlet was doing most of the things muggle way. she frowned, but didn't say anything. "I'm done here Riley, do you need help?" she thought for a moment. "Riley, the mind reading thing, how does it work? Do you read what they are thinking at the moment? Or do you get to know what type of a person they are?"

(Wow, that's fun I bet. Do you know anyone else from this forum?)
    Scarlet Valora Potter
    Scarlet Valora Potter
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Scarlet Valora Potter Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:30 am

"I'm almost done myself," she said with a warm smile. "Thanks for helping - and I'm so sorry I got you into this mess. I'm normally a clutz, sorry."

She arranged the last set of Charms books and turned to Alexis. "Well, technically, I read what they're thinking, not who are what kind of person they are. But they're thinking expresses what type they are, most of the time, so I guess that would be yes? I can only read they're minds when I look to their eyes. I can also read their previous thoughts, up to what I can rummage. But I do not like doing that. Most of what I find are rude. That's why I distance myself from people."

After a moment of hesitation, "Not that I do not appreciate your presence! Your thoughts are perfectly safe, trust me." she said with a grin. "And, I did the keeping the Muggle way, just to prevent us from more trouble. I haven't studied levitation yet, anyway."

(Yes, it's quite fun! The only real life friend I have in this forum is Clarisse, unfortunately. HAHA!)

Flying books [open] Empty flying books

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:01 pm

Alexis smiled softly, 'I hope my thoughts are safe. Sometimes I don't know what I think, or what to think.' She looked out the window.
    'Well, tell me then, what kind of a person you think I am?' She turned back to Scarlet smiling playfully.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:38 pm