Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

+9
Clarisse Valliere
Laedin Crouch
Georgie Vane
Alessa D'Angelo Romano
Anna Tshering
Train Reid
Sel
Tobias Forsyte
Ezekiel Wolfe
13 posters

Lesson 1 Second Years

Lesson 1 Second Years - Page 2 Empty Lesson 1

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:58 am

Alexis was relieved, yet tensed. She wanted to call out to Clarisse and save her the embarrasment. But she figured, Taryn may not like it, so she waited for a reaction from her.
    Sel
    Sel
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Lesson 1 Second Years - Page 2 Empty Re: Lesson 1 Second Years

Post by Sel Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:06 pm

Iris suddenly turned and was surprised to hear a male voice. She first looked at him with her round black eyes and spoke up, don't want to be embarrassed. "Oh hi. Iris Frances. Sytherin. So Ravenclaw huh? Lucky to have a partner whose 'smart' as what the house says." She gave a smile and moved to the side for her partner to sit.
    Laedin Crouch
    Laedin Crouch
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Laedin Crouch Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:16 pm

Laedin smiled at her lightly. "Yes, the smart house," He hummed lightly, thinking about his House-mates. He pursed his lips slightly before wiping it off his face and putting his elbow on the table and his chin on his palm.
    Sel
    Sel
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Sel Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:19 pm

Iris nodded and turned her head to the other side, waiting for the professor's orders. She covered her yawn and hoped no one had seen it.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:11 pm

Taryn stilled watching her students react to one another. "Mr. Crouch, you seem to have a problem. Would you like to inform me of what it is?" She called out softly. "Ms. Tshering... I seem to have not partnered you up with anyone. So I'll give you a choice, you can work alone in class, and I'll help you out if you need it, or you can make one partnership a three man team."

"Ms. Valliere I will not tolerate tardiness after this class, make sure you arrive promptly." She gave a smile smile to the girl, "Now go sit with your partner Ms. Hope."
    Clarisse Valliere
    Clarisse Valliere
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Clarisse Valliere Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:27 pm

"Thank you Professor.. I'm really sorry." Clarisse apologized and went to the seat next to Alexis.

"Hey Alexis, really sorry about this okay? Swear this won't happen again..." she whispered to her partner.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:27 pm

'Don't worry about it.' Alexis murmured, 'But please don't be late again, points will be taken from both of us. Anyway, did you get lost?'

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:47 am

Natalia strode into the classroom, making her steps as quiet as possible.

"Sorry I'm late, Professor!" she announced. "I had a couple of things to sort out, since I missed the train. Do you mind if I partner up with Miss Tshering, or does she have a partner already?"

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:56 am

Taryn flashed a smile. "No not at all, go ahead pair up. And I'll tell you what I've told the others, I do not tolerate tardiness. Please be punctual." She said turning her back to the class.

She grabbed a piece of chalk and wrote:
    Befuddlement Drought
    Bruise Healing Paste

"I expect you all will be able to tell me the main ingredients of at least one of these potions. Go on, someone tell me. What is at least ONE ingredient in a Befuddlement Drought" She spoked turning to the class
    Anna Tshering
    Anna Tshering
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Anna Tshering Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:04 am

Anna put up her hand, eager to answer. She was determined to make a better impression on the professor than she did last year. "Is sneezewort one of them?" she asked hopefully, hoping that is was the right answer.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:08 am

Taryn nodded, "Glad to see at least one of you remembered something from last year's teachings." She said with mock irritation. "Now anyone else have an ingredient to add?"

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:13 am

"Um... scurvy grass?" Nat guessed. She wasn't entirely sure, but she knew she had seen the name before...
    Georgie Vane
    Georgie Vane
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Georgie Vane Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:15 am

Georgie put her hand up feeling quite uncharacteristically shy. "Bubotuber pus?" she asked hating the fact that people were looking at her.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:18 am

Alexis put up her hand, and said,'And lovage.'

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:21 am

Taryn hummed lightly, wondering why Natalie was the only one answering. "No, but close. Scurvy grass is used in wit sharpening potion, just the opposite of the Beffuddlement Drought, that potion, Wit Sharpening potion, you will learn in your fourth year. 5 points to Ravenclaw for Ms. Finnigan's participation."

She then turned to the other student who had answered. "Yes, correct Ms. Vane." She said smiling, "5 points to Gryffindor. Does anyone else, besides these two young ladies have anything else to add?"

She smiled as her apprentice, Ms. Hope answered. "Correct as well, Alexis. 5 points to slytherin." She turned back to the board, writing down the points she'd handed out in order to keep track.

"Now can anyone offer up some potions they think would be appropriate to learn as a second year?"
    Anna Tshering
    Anna Tshering
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Anna Tshering Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:50 am

"Is the Swelling Potion appropriate?" Anna asked, hoping that she would get another thing right.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:56 am

Alexis waited for others to answer. She wasn't sure about the standard here. And she was sure Taryn wouldn't ask them to regurgiate the syllabus.
    Clarisse Valliere
    Clarisse Valliere
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Clarisse Valliere Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:08 am

"Really? Better not be late again.. I slipped down the stairs on my way.. Slowed me down quite a bit."

She was flicking through her book, but all she could find was the one already mentioned, much to her dismay.
    She hated looking for anything, especially words.
    Sel
    Sel
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Sel Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:22 am

Iris thought of useful potions that can be used in times of harm. She immediately raised her hand and said, "Antidote to Common Poisons and Burn-Healing Paste." she wondered if those are acceptable. It was still for second years and she didn't go to the more 'used' potions of the teens. That's clearly obvious.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:59 am

'It's alright.' Alexis reassured Clarisse. 'Are you alright?'
    She understood why Iris spoke of Antidotes. It'd be useful for the upcoming war. She thought of wound cleansing salve and blood replenishing potion. She would like to learn brewing them. But decided to keep quiet for now,
    Clarisse Valliere
    Clarisse Valliere
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Clarisse Valliere Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:25 am

"Yeah, I'm pretty used to it anyway. I'm clumsy by nature." she gave a tiny laugh.

She stopped trying to find answers in the book and just decided to pay attention.
    Alessa D'Angelo Romano
    Alessa D'Angelo Romano
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Alessa D'Angelo Romano Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:36 am

Alessa raised her hand. "Is the Wiggenweld Potion appropriate, Professor? I think it'd be useful nowadays... I reckon it's a few years harder but I think we can do it," she said encouragingly.
    Sel
    Sel
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Sel Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:05 pm

The Wiggenweld potion is nice though. I would want to learn how to brew it even if it's hard.
    Train Reid
    Train Reid
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Train Reid Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:33 pm

Zayden smiled, simply quite amazed and speechless to be finally meeting Alessa. ".....Hi-ya! I'm Zayden. ....Nice to meet you."

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:13 pm

Taryn looked at the girls who'd decided to go off on their own tangents of conversations. "Ladies, I hate to inform you of this. But this class is not social hour. You will get enough time to introduce yourselves and get to know one another. You'll have all year for that kind of talk. Now however, I am trying to instruct the class, do not interrupt my instruction again." She spoked looking from Ms. Parker to Ms. Valliere and finally to Ms. Hope.

Her apprentice of all people should understand how important instruction is. "Ms. Hope I do hope that your attention to my instructions improve, I wont have an apprentice that spends my class talking with her partner, understood?"

She sighed, "Yes I suppose most those potions would be appropriate to learn as second years. However, you will be spending you're lessons learning two potions. As you did last year, I'm sure. Your professor last year must have been awfully slack." She said smiling, "If you wish to learn potions that aren't in the curriculum for this year; now is your chance to tell me. I will set up time after class for anyone and everyone to join, if they wish."

"This year you will be learning to make Pepperup Potions, and Sleeping droughts. Any other's you'd like to learn, now is your chance to speak up." She said grabbing a piece of chalk and writing: Wiggenweld Potion on the board.

"Wiggenweld potion. I take it is one you'd like to learn." She said turning back to the class, waiting for them to offer up more potions. "If you attend every after class instruction, I will award each of you ten house points for diligence and determination." She turned to Alexis, "Ms. Hope as my apprentice you will be required to attend both this class's after class instructions, and my third and first year's. Understood?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:31 pm