Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

4 posters

Divination: Year Two, Lesson Two

Sophia Chaos
    Sophia Chaos
    Head of Ravenclaw
    Head of Ravenclaw

Divination: Year Two, Lesson Two Empty Divination: Year Two, Lesson Two

Post by Sophia Chaos Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:55 am

Magus sat on his perch in the corner, black eyes watching his mistress as she sorted through the notes that she always kept on her desk for each of her classes. She didn't often make use of them, but they were there, just in case.

Moving over to the window, she gazed out over the snow-covered grounds. Sophia was just able to see the grounds keeper's cabin out by the edge of the forest. A soft smile curved her lips.

Turning away, she went back to her desk to wait for her second years.

(OOC: Please post your arrival by Tuesday. Starting Wednesday, you will be late and I shall be taking points for tardiness without a valid excuse, this time.)
    Laurasia Boulstridge
    Laurasia Boulstridge
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Divination: Year Two, Lesson Two Empty Re: Divination: Year Two, Lesson Two

Post by Laurasia Boulstridge Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:42 pm

Lauri walked into the class, a bit anxious. She heard that the professors deduct points if you're late. She held her breath, hoping for the best, and that was that she was early.

She smiled at the professor, "Morning, Professor. I'm Laurasia Boulstridge, but please call me Lauri. I signed up late because my mother finally decided to stop homeschooling me," She chuckled.

She looked around the classroom, and took a seat at the front.

Hmm, At least I'm not late, She thought, shrugging.
    Sel
    Sel
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Sel Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:32 am

Iris entered the class rather delighted for her favorite subject and smiled with a bow to Professor Wyse. "Good day, professor. The tea was effective." She wanted to talk about her newly encountered gift but decided to do so some time later and privately with her mentor.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:33 pm

Charlotte walked into class with a smile on her face, she was having a great day so far and hoped that one of her favorite classes would keep her spirits up still.

"Hey Professor," she greeted as she sat down.
    Sophia Chaos
    Sophia Chaos
    Head of Ravenclaw
    Head of Ravenclaw

Post by Sophia Chaos Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:17 am

"Good morning," Sophia greeted her newest student. "I'm afraid it shall be Miss Boulstridge, though, I shall keep Lauri for outside of class. Glad you're able to join us."

Her warm smile turned to her apprentice. "Delighted to hear that, Miss Frances. You do seem a bit better rested, today.

"And hello, Miss West. I see you've found my tower, this time." She grinned a bit impishly. Her classes were small, but she did like all her students. "Now, we've got a few minutes before class begins. Let's hope Misses Vane and Finnigan find their way on time."
    Sel
    Sel
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Sel Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:13 am

Iris flashed a smile and eagerly waited for the others to come. She took her usual seat and the excitement drawn on her face.

Post by Guest Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:26 am

"Of course," Charlotte flashed her professor a grin. "I went all the way to my common room and then came back to the tower at least twice to make sure that I didn't get lost again."

Post by Guest Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:04 am

Nat dashed into the classroom, realizing she was late. She sat down at the middle of the class next to a girl from Slytherin she had never seen before.
    Sophia Chaos
    Sophia Chaos
    Head of Ravenclaw
    Head of Ravenclaw

Post by Sophia Chaos Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:49 pm

Sophia pursed her lips slightly as Natalia made her way into the classroom. "You're only just on time, Miss Finnigan," she said mildly. "See that you are earlier, next time.

"Alright, which of you ladies can tell me some of the roles that animals play in the art of Divination?"
    Georgie Vane
    Georgie Vane
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Georgie Vane Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:40 pm

Georgie walked in, red faced, her eyes the same colour from been rubbed raw. Her make up was covering her eyes, and even though Georgie hated the attention on her, there was no way she could deny the fact that she had been crying as she was still hiccoughing. "Sorry I -hic- am late -hic-, Professor" she spluttered out.
    Sophia Chaos
    Sophia Chaos
    Head of Ravenclaw
    Head of Ravenclaw

Post by Sophia Chaos Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:34 am

Sophia summoned a package of kleenex and moved over to the girl, rubbing a soothing hand up and down her back. "You may tell me the reason for your tardiness after class, Miss Vane," she said kindly. "Have a seat. There's a lass." The woman stroke a strand of hair from Georgie's face, then gently cupped her cheek for a second.

Straightening, she moved back to the front of the classroom. "Roles that animals play in the art of Divination," she repeated, to pull curious eyes back to herself. "Miss Boulstridge, what are your thoughts on the matter?"
    Sel
    Sel
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Sel Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:13 am

Iris answered on the first question of the professor and scanned her essay homework. "They can sense their surroundings if there is danger and eventually warn their group to be safe."
    Sophia Chaos
    Sophia Chaos
    Head of Ravenclaw
    Head of Ravenclaw

Post by Sophia Chaos Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:46 am

"Well, yes," Sophia agreed slowly with her apprentice's response. "However, what I was really getting after is how we, as humans, use animals as a means of predicting what may be."
    Sel
    Sel
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Sel Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:44 am

"Oh. Well, for some pets, they act awkward and leave you confused for their actions. They might be telling us something bad is going to happen." Iris quickly said.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:35 pm

"I heard that if a canary goes into a coal mine and dies there, that means something bad is going to happen," Nat piped.
    Sel
    Sel
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Sel Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:34 am

"Yeah, they seem to be scared at what they are feeling. Had some experiences with my pet." said Iris glumly.
    Sophia Chaos
    Sophia Chaos
    Head of Ravenclaw
    Head of Ravenclaw

Post by Sophia Chaos Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:21 am

"Ah, yes. Pets can be a means of foreseeing personal danger, alright," Sophia agreed.

"Interesting about the canary, though," the woman turned towards Natalia. "They're not so much used as a divinatory device so much as a crude muggle means of detecting poisoning gas down in mine shafts.

"Birds, however, have a long history of being considered creatures of omen. They've been thought to be messengers of change, fate, illumination, death, and transformation. In some cultures, they are thought to be spirit-guides and/or a means of travel in other realities.

"Birds have an uncanny ability to follow currents and predict weather, and a good tracker can tell you that our winged friends will tell of anything moving in the forest. Learning to speak what is known as the language of the birds is thought to be a sign of an ability to perceive hidden patterns, which of course plays a significant role in clairvoyance. Among those birds most commonly associated with Divination are eagles, hawks, wrens, crows, and - quite naturally - ravens."

Sophia motioned to Magus, who fluffed out his feathers importantly. His mistress smiled fondly at him.

"Who can name me another bird of omen?"

(OOC: Sorry for the long delay in posting. I fear that Real Life is being... difficult.)
    Sel
    Sel
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Sel Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:58 am

Iris thought of unusual magical birds she knew and answered with uncertainty. "Erm - Hippogriffs and maybe a Phoenix. I'm not sure. Hippogriffs do quite know if they can accept you as a friend or rather conclude you as its enemy on first impression since they feel you inside - er."
    Sophia Chaos
    Sophia Chaos
    Head of Ravenclaw
    Head of Ravenclaw

Post by Sophia Chaos Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:32 am

"Though, hippogriffs and phoenixes both are excellent judges of character, they aren't really commonly used in Divination," Sophia replied. "And I know of at least one hippogriff who'd take great offence to being called a bird.

"Another bird of omen is actually the owl," the woman said. "They've been said to announce the opening of the gates of the dead, or the coming of the grim reaper.

"Now, throughout various cultures, there a various animals who are believed to possess oracular powers. Early Germanic tribes practice a sacred horse divination, the Azande commonly look to the termite or guinea fowl, Cameroon tribes consult the ngam spider," Sophia lectured. "Naturally, these are but a few examples.

"The reason that animals are often looked to as oracles or bringers of omen is simply that they are more in-tune with this world than we who are, supposedly, so much more superior. For your homework, I would like you all to read up on various animals of omen - no essay, this time.

"So, before we finish for the day, does anyone have any questions?"

Sel
    Sel
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Sel Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:31 am

Iris started to pack up her things and realized she hadn't notice of time flew so fast. "Nothing actually professor. It was an interesting lesson." She smiled and handed in her homework. She became upset knowing another essay on Charms needs to be done.

The Role of Animals on the World of Divination
    by Iris Jane Frances, Second Year Slytherin
    Animals contribute a big part on the world of Divination. Not unlike the humans, they are more special and closer to mother nature than us. They give in some way we can't possibly do. Often times, some observe their doings and how they interact with omens through the environment. Encounters like this can lead us to confusion for we do not understand the animals and cannot relate or connect with them. The ways that they reflect signs and unexpected events happen to be observable and explainable to humans. But in some way, we cannot read what's in their minds. We can only interpret what they're telling through their actions and the result of their instincts.

Animals feel the nature around them. Powerful ones can hear or suddenly feel the coming events from afar. No matter how farther it might be, limitless of its gift. They sense everything surrounding them and can prepare for it if it's danger approaching. They know thugs more advanced than humans. Through their knowing, they can warn the group it belongs to by what has been detected and soon be safe especially in the wilderness where they live freely and anything can happen. Animals can be a guide to humans if they had to and it would be better if we can understand them clearly. They are all created for a purpose by the creator alone.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:57 pm