Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

Divination: Year Two, Lesson Three

Sophia Chaos
    Sophia Chaos
    Head of Ravenclaw
    Head of Ravenclaw

Divination: Year Two, Lesson Three Empty Divination: Year Two, Lesson Three

Post by Sophia Chaos Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:59 am

Sophia paced idly back and forth, too restless to remain seated. It was a beautiful day out, and she'd have much rather have been enjoying it first-hand rather than cooped indoors teaching. She checked her watch, waiting for her second years.
    Sel
    Sel
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Divination: Year Two, Lesson Three Empty Re: Divination: Year Two, Lesson Three

Post by Sel Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:11 pm

Iris came up the tower and greeted the professor when she came in the class room. She noticed Sophia pacing repeatedly and asked her wondering, "Er - you alright professor? Anything I can do to help?" She became quite concerned and guessed whether what her mentor was thinking and being worried about if she did after all.
    Sophia Chaos
    Sophia Chaos
    Head of Ravenclaw
    Head of Ravenclaw

Post by Sophia Chaos Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:20 am

Sophia gave a quick smile, halting in her restless motion. "Just a bit of cabin fever, Iris," she assured the girl. "Even Magus is out enjoying the day, yet here I am inside. Seems a waste of such nice weather.

"And how are you, then? Classes going well, I trust?"
    Sel
    Sel
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Sel Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:55 am

Iris was relieved and smiled back. "I thought something's going on. Whew. Great to be studying again to keep me busy. Break's boring. Yeah, such a nice weather we're having. Ever thought of teaching outdoors for a change? It can be though." suggested Iris but her hopes on that were not that high. She never encontered hearing Divination classes held not in the tower.

She did well on the other classes for herself and Sophia might have seen them actually. But the sudden thought of the professors' disapperances occured to her. "I'm just confused why our professors are not teaching now. Suddenly vanishing for some, and replaced. I do hope you won't do that. It'll be gloomy around here especially for me. That would be a great loss." said Iris and looked at her feet instead. Not wanting to reveal her glum face. She finally settled and reflected of what might happen to her if her mentor did the same as the other professors did.
    Sophia Chaos
    Sophia Chaos
    Head of Ravenclaw
    Head of Ravenclaw

Post by Sophia Chaos Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:54 pm

Sophia laughed. "I have, actually," she admitted, "but I fear the professor would become too distracted to teach." She grinned.

"Well, I can't speak for most of the professors, but I do know that Professor Lewis has retired," Sophia said. "She's been teaching a rather long time. Not to worry, though - I've no plans of leaving any time in the foreseeable future. And even if I did have to leave, I'd still find time for you. I wouldn't lose touch. Promise." She smiled encouragingly.

Sophia looked at the time. "It would seem that even your classmates cannae be troubled to arrive on time, if at all," she said, accent a bit thinker in response to her irritation. "Let us go ahead and start, then, shall we?

"Tell me, what do you know about numerology?"
    Sel
    Sel
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Sel Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:24 am

Iris settled to be glad now that she heard her mentor explain. She thought what would bring her classmates late or maybe not attend classes this time around. With her and Sophia here, it seems like an ordinary apprenticeship meeting. "Numerology . . . I've read quite some of it in books made by muggles. They say it has many hidden meanings, in numbers that is oblivious to people about their fortune. I don't really know if it's the same with us, but it can still be situated with magic of course." replied Iris warily.
    Sophia Chaos
    Sophia Chaos
    Head of Ravenclaw
    Head of Ravenclaw

Post by Sophia Chaos Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:57 pm

"More or less accurate, if a bit vague," said Sophia, "though, rather close for muggles. They actually do quite well with divination. "The official definition for numerology is any study of the mystical relationship of a count of measurement and life.

"Now, numerology contains aspects from various cultures and beliefs, both wizard and muggle alike. Two of the most common systems are the Chinese and Indian systems. The alphabetic system is also rather popular."

She paused to write the numbers 1 through 9 on the chalkboard.

"In a lot of numerology, specific digits are given various definitions," Sophia said. "What are a few examples, do you suppose? Take a guess."
    Sel
    Sel
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Sel Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:26 am

Iris picked her favorite number and gave it's specific hidden defition through numerology as another branch of Divination, "Well, the number eight seems to be a sign of a wealthy life. And also accumulating leadership somehow then good flow of business." She replied, going back to the articles she read about the subject in muggle books.
    Sophia Chaos
    Sophia Chaos
    Head of Ravenclaw
    Head of Ravenclaw

Post by Sophia Chaos Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:39 am

"Correct, Miss Frances," Sophia said, writing the definition next to the numeral. "Now, some of the common meanings for the number one is -"

She broke off, chalk raised in the air. Setting it down, she turned to her apprentice. "You know what, Iris? It's such a lovely day. Why don't I just teach you about numerology another day and we go and enjoy the sunshine?" the professor suggested. "We can... play hooky. I shan't tell, if you won't." She gave an impish grin.
    Sel
    Sel
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Sel Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:44 am

Iris grinned and replied, "That's a lovely idea, professor. I don't quite know about the game but it'll be lucky to know hot to play it. You an expert?" She chuckled softly, seeing that she's the only student here that rather made no difference when on an apprenticeship meeting.
    Sophia Chaos
    Sophia Chaos
    Head of Ravenclaw
    Head of Ravenclaw

Post by Sophia Chaos Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:24 am

"Well," Sophia said thoughtfully. "I suppose that shall be our subject for the rest of the lesson. Let us learn how to play hooky together, shall we?" She started for the door, mood light at the thought of enjoying the beautiful day outside.
    Sel
    Sel
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Sel Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:24 am

Iris grinned and followed her mentor out the door and into the descending ladder steps, trotting happily.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:12 pm