Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

+8
Iris Grayson
Jamie Malfoy
Anna Tshering
Flora Evans
Sel
Damian Gray
Tobias Forsyte
Colin O'Brian
12 posters

"Lesson Two": a new introduction (Combined Class)

Colin O'Brian
    Colin O'Brian
    Head of Hufflepuff
    Head of Hufflepuff

"Lesson Two": a new introduction (Combined Class) Empty "Lesson Two": a new introduction (Combined Class)

Post by Colin O'Brian Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:36 am

Colin O' Brian paced at the front of the room, glancing at his watch every so often. He wondered when his students would show up. He was worried that some of them would not get the announcment for the half class. The change had been a little aburpt and he wasn't entirely sure what he was doing there.

Though he did know he needed the job, even if he didn't want to be away from...

Shaking his head he seated himself down on the edge of his desk.

He didn't even know if he was qualified for this job.

Sighing he let all his worries slip aside; there was nothing to do but wait and see.
    Tobias Forsyte
    Tobias Forsyte
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

"Lesson Two": a new introduction (Combined Class) Empty Re: "Lesson Two": a new introduction (Combined Class)

Post by Tobias Forsyte Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:51 am

Tobi was just about to head to the Common-room when he got a note saying that Astronomy was back in session and that he was to report there.

That's fine, he thought, this was the usual time of Astronomy anyways so no big deal.

When Tobi arrived to class he noticed that Theo wasn't teaching anymore.

I swear this school goes through teachers like nothing, he thought.

Tobi noticed he was the only student there at the moment and so he picked a chair and sat down. He figured the professor would introduce himself once the class had started so Tobi just said who he was and what house he was although it was probably apparent by the clothes he wore.
    Damian Gray
    Damian Gray
    Other
    Other

"Lesson Two": a new introduction (Combined Class) Empty Re: "Lesson Two": a new introduction (Combined Class)

Post by Damian Gray Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:10 am

Damian trudged into the Astronomy tower rather glumly. His sister had had to give up her position teaching, for reasons she had not explained to the boy. It wasn't so much that he missed having her as a teacher, but the opportunity to see her whenever he wanted to.

He made his way into the classroom, noting that only one other student had arrived. It was Seth's brother - Damian recognized him from the common room and House table. Damian took a seat on the other side of the classroom near the front, uncertain how Seth would feel about him associating with the sibling he didn't like very much.

"H'lo, professor," the boy greeted quietly. He quietly pulled out his supplies.
    Sel
    Sel
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Sel Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:55 am

Iris entered the room and saw familiar faces, a first year boy and a second year - both from the Hufflepuff house. She waited for the others to come and gave the somewhat new professor a nod before saying with a sly smile. "Good day - er - new professor?" She wondered what happened to the professors who seemed to be not teaching now. Two professors down, what else?
    Flora Evans
    Flora Evans
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

"Lesson Two": a new introduction (Combined Class) Empty Lesson Two

Post by Flora Evans Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:34 am

Flora was happy, sure she was tired and her schedule was hectic, but for the first time in her life, she felt like she was doing something, learning something. She entered the astronomy class with a rare smile on her face, only three students have come so far, and... Oh, Damian is there. She approached his table,"Hey" She greeted and took the chair beside him.
    Anna Tshering
    Anna Tshering
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Anna Tshering Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:52 am

Anna walked into the lesson, feeling absolutely angry. She didn't want to talk to anyone because she had lost too many points to even bother counting. She didn't even care that they had a new Astronomy Professor standing right in front of her. She sat in the middle of the class, all by herself.

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:39 am

Alexis came in and flopped next to Iris, "Hey 'Bright Eye', How're you doin'?"
    Sel
    Sel
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Sel Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:32 pm

Iris suddenly turned around and giggled at Alex's welcome greeting. "Oh! You are using it seriously! Super fine! Can't get over on what's happened on our discussion on DADA of course. I think we're heating it up a bit." She whispered low when she realized there's a professor around watching them. She then looked at the surrounding hoping none had heard that Alex greeted in that sort of humiliating way to her but still kept a smile.
    Jamie Malfoy
    Jamie Malfoy
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Jamie Malfoy Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:07 pm

Jamie walked into her next class astronomy. She saw a lot of older kids and kids around her age. Jamie realized it was a combined class. Jamie took her seat and waited for the professor to start the class.

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:01 pm

Charlotte walked into class, noticing there were a few underclassman and upperclassman there. It took her a few moments to realize that it was combined class.

"Well this should be interesting," she said taking a seat.
    Iris Grayson
    Iris Grayson
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Iris Grayson Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:29 pm

Iris entered the class and hoped that she wasn't too late. She grinned when saw Char and sat next to her. "Hey, what's up?" She greeted her friend.
    Alicia Wood
    Alicia Wood
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Alicia Wood Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:25 am

Alicia paused in the doorway to the astronomy classroom. Was she in the wrong place? There were first years in the room, and she didn't think they were from the class before.
    Spotting Tobi, she shook her head. If he was there, she was definitely in the right place.
    "Hello, professor," she murmured as she slipped into a desk on the far side of the room and began unpacking her supplies.

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:25 am

"Hey Iris," she replied. "Waiting for class to begin. Do you know we have a new Professor? Why do you think they're all disappearing out of nowhere?"

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:17 pm

Alexis shrugged, and spoke quietly, "Sure, why not? It suites you. Your eyes shine when you're happy or excited. you can tell by now that I'm flirting with you. eh?" She winked, her eyes also sparkling with mischief.
    Colin O'Brian
    Colin O'Brian
    Head of Hufflepuff
    Head of Hufflepuff

Post by Colin O'Brian Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:00 pm

"Alright," Colin clapped his hands together to slience the class, once he felt that most of his students had filtered in, "I think that is all we are going to get for tonight. Thank you for coming on such short notice. As you have probably noticed by now your previous Professor in this course, Professor Grey has left this position. I am Professor O'Brian and I will be taking over. I do not know why Professor Grey has chosen to leave, it is none of my business, so do not ask, and even if I did know, I would not say for it is as much none of your business as it wasn't mine."

"You have also likely noticed that today you are all in one class. It will not stay that way, I wanted to take this day to introduce myself, and my way of teaching to all of you at once. I am a different teacher than Ms. Grey therefore I will have a different teaching style. That being said, I am aware that some of you have been studying under Ms. Grey for a few years now, so I will strive to make my style as easy to adjust to as possible."

He paused a moment and surveyed the room.

"Before I begin though, I would like it if you could divide yourselves according to year so I can see what I have to work with." He waved his hand causally to the left side of the room, "If the first years could all sit over here, the seconds in the middle, and third in this general area on the right, it would be much appreciated."

With that said, he crossed his arms over his chest, leaned back on the desk and waited for them to follow his simple request.
    Iris Grayson
    Iris Grayson
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Iris Grayson Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:44 pm

"I know right? Seems like day by day professors are vanishing," Iris muttered. After he finished giving instructions, she moved to the center and watched as the others aligned themselves as well.
    Valerie Greenway
    Valerie Greenway
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Valerie Greenway Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:24 pm

Valerie Dashed in with her sister dragged along behind. "Sorry, sorry!" She said, huffing. "Won't happen again, got stuck in a room when the door decided it wanted to be a wall! Luckily a wall decided it was time to try a career as a door... frankly this school is odd." The last part was mostly muttered for her sister's benefit.

(OOC: Sorry, dude, just got out of school, and had to do chores and homework and junk. You know how it is.)
    Rebecca Greenway
    Rebecca Greenway
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Rebecca Greenway Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:03 pm

Becky glanced at her sister and smirked.

She bowed sedately to the man, and said, "My sister and I apologize for arriving late. My name is Rebecca Greenway, this is Valerie."
    Aquila Turrow
    Aquila Turrow
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Aquila Turrow Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:32 am

Aquila followed two girls from his house into the Astronomy tower. He was kind of glad that he wasn't the only one late, but he certainly wasn't going to let that show.

"My apologize Professor," he smiled a self-sacrificing smile, "I'll be sure to not let it happen again."
    Damian Gray
    Damian Gray
    Other
    Other

Post by Damian Gray Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:26 am

Damian had moved to the left side of the room, silently thinking that his sister hadn't, in fact, been teaching for a few years. She'd actually been rather new to the position, but he wasn't about to correct the professor.

He turned as Becky and her sister entered the room. It seemed those two were always late. The boy smiled, making sure there was room next to him in case they wanted to sit.
    Colin O'Brian
    Colin O'Brian
    Head of Hufflepuff
    Head of Hufflepuff

Post by Colin O'Brian Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:44 pm

Colin waved his hand at the new comers, "I will excuse you this time since it was last minute - please seat yourself according to grade, the first years are over on the left and it goes across the room like so."

He waited a few moment to let the class get situation before he begian once more. He noticed with slight disappointment that he had no thrid years

"I expect everyone to show up to every class on time. If you are late you will lose points. If you miss a class I would like you in my office with a reasonable explanation and we will arange for you to catch up on what you learned. By reasonable explanation I do not mean 'I had something better to do' I mean 'I fell down the moving stare cases and despite my best attemps, I was to injured to crawl my way up to the tower'. Does everyone understand?"

He let his gaze look around the room for a moment.

"Now, about lessons, I do have a plan for how I will teach, however, I would like to hear what Professor Grey had started teaching each of you. If it is possible I will find away to work it into my own lessons. I can not promise anything though, for each Professor has their own understanding of Astronomy - I may not find what Professor Grey did important to learn."

He paused a moment more.

"So, who wants to begin?"
    Damian Gray
    Damian Gray
    Other
    Other

Post by Damian Gray Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:27 pm

Damian raised his hand. "Theo - uh, Professor Gray started with an overview of what she wanted to cover this year. She didn't have time to get into anything else," he told the new professor.

(OOC: I'm exaggerating a bit, as said professor didn't actually get into anything last lesson because her handler's RL got suddenly hectic)
    Jamie Malfoy
    Jamie Malfoy
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Jamie Malfoy Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:16 pm

Jamie moved to where all the first years were. She waited for the next instruction.
    Colin O'Brian
    Colin O'Brian
    Head of Hufflepuff
    Head of Hufflepuff

Post by Colin O'Brian Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:59 pm

"Thank you," Colin nodded at the boy who spoke from the first year side, "In that case I will just go on with lessons I have planned myself. Seeing as that was all I was going to ask of you today, the first years are free to leave."

"You can follow them second years as soon as someone speaks up. So do I have any takers? Or have all of you forgotten what you did last class," he smiled slightly to lesson the affect of his words.

Post by Guest Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:10 pm

"She did a recap of what is the difference was between Astronomy and Astrology," Charlotte answered for the second years. "And that we were going to focus completely on Astrology but she didn't get to finish either."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:40 pm