Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

+6
Tobias Forsyte
Genevieve De Luca
Lacey Black
Karmzy
JJeh
Diane Scamander
10 posters

History of magic- Founders of Hogwarts (COMBINED CLASS!)

History of magic- Founders of Hogwarts (COMBINED CLASS!) Empty History of magic- Founders of Hogwarts (COMBINED CLASS!)

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:31 am

Gene walked into class. He was a lot haggard than before, having lost his wife and child just over a holiday. He sat down and waited for all of his students to arrive.
    Diane Scamander
    Diane Scamander
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

History of magic- Founders of Hogwarts (COMBINED CLASS!) Empty Re: History of magic- Founders of Hogwarts (COMBINED CLASS!)

Post by Diane Scamander Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:54 am

Diane rushed to the room, only to realize that she was the first one to arrive. Which, of course, is a good thing. Although, it would have been more fun if someone else arrives. Oh well.. Hopefully someone will arrive soon.

"Hey Gene!" She greeted the professor who seemed quite sad today. "Long time no see!! Oh, how I missed History of Magic.. Good to be back"

She took a seat at the desk at the first row. She put up a huge smile and placed her things at the classroom. Unfortunately the environment seemed.. awkward. Seeing as Gene hasn't talked nor smiled something is definitely going on!

"I-Is there.. something wrong?"

History of magic- Founders of Hogwarts (COMBINED CLASS!) Empty Re: History of magic- Founders of Hogwarts (COMBINED CLASS!)

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:40 pm

"Hello, Diane." He said, trying to smile.

"My whole family is dead. Not that it really matters. Haha." He tried to joke about this tragedy but couldn't, so he coughed and fell silent, looking at the floor intently.
    JJeh
    JJeh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by JJeh Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:41 pm

J. J. walked into the room, and then stopped hesitantly when she saw the only other student was at least a few years above her.
    Had she walked into the wrong classroom?
    Slowly she started walking forward, hoping that if she was in the wrong place someone would tell her soon.
    Karmzy
    Karmzy
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Karmzy Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:47 pm

"It's a combined class, Firstie." Karma said, brushing past the lost looking Hufflepuff. "Come on, then, you can sit next to me, if you have no where else." Hufflepuff's she could handle. Gryffindors she could lock in a closet for a day or two. With food of course. There'd be no Azkaban for her. Her family would kill her.

"Hodwy there, Professor."
    Diane Scamander
    Diane Scamander
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Diane Scamander Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:53 pm

"They what?!" Diane exclaimed. Now THAT was new.

"Oh, I'm really sorry Gene.. I didn't... know.."
    JJeh
    JJeh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by JJeh Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:54 pm

J. J. jumped as a Slytherin girl came through the door, and not exactly kindly, informed her that she was indeed in the right place.
    The girl had also offered for J. J. to sit with her. Again, it hadn't been in the most gracious of tones, however she had said if she had no where else to sit, and it was true, J. J. didn't.
    So making an effort to push back her nervousness - this girl didn't seem to be one to be impressed by shy and quiet - J. J. set her things down beside her.
    "Thank you. I'm J. J."
    Karmzy
    Karmzy
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Karmzy Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:00 pm

"Karma." Karma said, smiling at J.J. "And don't look so worried, firstie. There are a lot worse Slytherins than me. It can't be bad to have an older student looking after you. Especially a slytherin. You can kiss bullies goodbye." Karma began pulling out her things and nodding. "That is, if you want a friend."
    JJeh
    JJeh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by JJeh Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:03 pm

J. J. smiled gratefully. As she got use to Karma's way of speaking, it began to grow on her. J. J. even envied her apparent way of not letting anything stop her.
    "I would love a friend."
    Karmzy
    Karmzy
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Karmzy Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:06 pm

"Good to know." Karma smiled. "Friends then." She faced the front of the classroom and fell silent. No way was she getting in trouble for talking during class. She'd had enough professors do that on a whim.

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:10 pm

"No worries. I like students to talk in class, but not when I'm talking. The class gets so dull one way or another when it is silent." He smiled a little, and nodded appreciatively at Diane.
    Karmzy
    Karmzy
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Karmzy Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:12 pm

Oh. Karma nodded and shrugged. "In that case, firstie, why don't you tell me about yourself?"
    JJeh
    JJeh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by JJeh Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:48 pm

J. J. blinked. About herself? What to say?
    "Well... I'm a first year Hufflepuff, obviously," she hesitated a moment, "This is my first time away from my home, and my family... I have three siblings, all older, and all... well, Muggles."
    She started picking at the robe for a moment.
    "This is the first time in my life no one has known me as Abby's, or Zach's or Simon's little sister... it's odd."
    Karmzy
    Karmzy
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Karmzy Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:57 pm

Karma smiled. "Well, you'll just have to make a name for yourself, eh? Don't worry about being a muggleborn, it doesn't bother me as much as it does other Slytherins, and Hufflepuffs aren't as bad as Gryffindors. I bet by my last year, you'll be brave and tough and loyal enough to make any family proud, Wizarding or otherwise." Karma was fully prepared to take this here firstie under her wing. "Now, don't be afriad to ask me any questions, but if I tell you I don't want to answer it, please don't ask it again. I'm not very forthgiving about personal stuff." Not that its my choice, she added mentally. "Anyway, anything you want to know?"
    JJeh
    JJeh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by JJeh Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:11 pm

J. J. smiled; she liked the thougth of her being brave. She wasn't so sure of it herself, but she guessed only time would truely tell.
    She thougth for a moment. There was one thing that she had been dying to know, and she figured this was as good a time as any to ask it.
    "What's like growing up, knowing you have magic? Knowing that your a witch," she hesitated a moment, hoping the question wasn't personal enough to bother Karma, "Is hogwarts as... overwhelming for you if you knew you were coming, or is it just me?"
    Karmzy
    Karmzy
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Karmzy Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:19 pm

Karma frowned in memory. "Well, when I first got here, it was extremely over whelming, everyone was bigger than me and some of them already knew each other. I wasn't really worried about what house i'd get in, because almost everyone in my family's been there except uncle Sirius, but I knew I wouldn't be in Gryffindor. As for growing up with magic, I've never grown up without it, so I wouldn't know the difference, but you know the things muggles do with their hands? Washing dishes and cooking and cleaning and stuff? We do that with magic, or we have house elves do it for us. Its not as tiring as muggle life is, i'd assume."

Karma shrugged, usually she couldn't think about mundane tasks such as cooking and cleaning, Lace did all that for her. "Anyway, when you have someone or something taking care of your house for you, it leaves more time to do other things, like reading and stuff."

"So, do you have any hobbies?"
    JJeh
    JJeh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by JJeh Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:27 pm

That sounds nice J. J. thought. As the youngest sibling, she had always ended up being bullied into doing her siblings chores. It was the easiest thing for them to do.
    "I love words of all types. Books, writing - I've even dabbled in poetry once... though it didn't turn out that great," she laughed self-consciously, "I'm also a fan of any type of game. I tend to get really into it. I can be a little competitive."
    Again, another thing about having lots of siblings. You always had someone to play with, or more importantly against.
    "What about you?"
    Karmzy
    Karmzy
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Karmzy Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:29 pm

"Reading, Writing, Michief, and Quidditch." Karma said smoothly and without hesitation. "I do all four constantly at seperate times."
    JJeh
    JJeh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by JJeh Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:33 pm

"That must keep you busy then," J. J. responded. She paused a moment, a look of confused interest crossing her face, "What's Quidditch? I've heard a few people mention it. Is it some sort of game?"
    Karmzy
    Karmzy
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Karmzy Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:37 pm

"What is... what is...?" Karma's eyes widened. "Oh, FIRSTIE, how could I have looked over something so IMPORTANT!?!" Karma's voice had risen with emotion. "Quidditch is... Quidditch is..." All at once, it was as if Karma's composure snapped back on and nothing out of the usual had happened. "Quidditch is the best bloody sport on the planet, Firstie, and I'll be teaching you the ins and outs of it until you can state statistics on a whim."
    Lacey Black
    Lacey Black
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lacey Black Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:39 pm

Lacey walked into the classroom, nearly running into the door as she did. She rolled her eyes at her behavior. She wasn't late so there really was no need to rush. Especially no need to leave a face print on the door.

She sat down in an empty seat and surveyed the room. Yay. . . combined classes. Lacey had nothing against younger years, she just enjoyed harder curricular activities. Studying was something she enjoyed beyond anything. Hopefully, despite being stuck with first years, the lesson would be enthralling and informative.

She glanced at the Professor and eyed him warily.He looked familiar. As did his name. She could have sworn her parents might have said something about him. . . oh something about his family. And the only way they'd know that is if they were on a mission against him or something.

Lacey's face softened at his crestfallen look. His eyes seemed dead. "Hello Professor." she murmured before taking out her book and drowning herself in it, hoping his sorrow had nothing to do with her parents.
    JJeh
    JJeh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by JJeh Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:43 pm

J. J. was a little startled by Karma's first display of emotion, but she decided in the end she liked it. It was always good to be passionate about something. She was also glad, if everyone was as into this Quidditch as Karma was, that she was going to be able to find out about it now, so that hopefully she doesn't make a fool of herself later.
    "Ay, Ay Captain," she said with a mock salute, "So if its a sport, how do you play it?"
    Karmzy
    Karmzy
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Karmzy Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:49 pm

Karma smiled. "Well, in a game there's two teams, and each team has three Chasers, two Beaters, a Keeper and a Seeker. There are three types of balls, two Bludgers, a Quaffle, and the Golden Snitch. It's the Chasers' job to get the Quaffle into one of the three golden hoops on the other team's side of the feild, and the Keeper's job to stop them. The Beaters use bats to get the Bludgers to hit any players on the other team who are doing too well, or to stop them from scoring. Each goal is worth ten points. Now, a Seeker is the game winner. When they catch the Snitch, the game ends, and their team gets a hundred and fifty points. Its a horribly fast game." Karma smiled wider and happier.
    JJeh
    JJeh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by JJeh Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:57 pm

J. J. nodded along, trying to follow all the rules in Karma's description. It sounded like it could be a fun game, but she imagined she would have to watch one to truly get how it was played. Right now all of Karma's instructions were getting garbled in her head.
    "Is that what that big stadium thing is for? Quidditch?" J. J. stopped and though of what she remembered of that stadium, "And are they doing this all from the ground or riding on something?" If she remembered correctly the hoops she could see rising over the side of some of the stands were high above the ground. Surely the... chasers... weren't expected to get the ball into them from the ground.
    Karmzy
    Karmzy
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Karmzy Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:02 pm

Karma's grin wavered. "Of COURSE they're riding on something! No one could catch a Golden Snitch from the ground!" She thought through her discription. "Huh. I thought I told you. It's played on high speed broomsticks, about one or two hundred feet off the ground."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 1:23 pm