Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

+2
Sel
Colin O'Brian
6 posters

Astronomy Lesson three (Second years)

Sel
    Sel
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Astronomy Lesson three (Second years) - Page 2 Empty Re: Astronomy Lesson three (Second years)

Post by Sel Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:18 am

Iris answered to make up for the humiliation and said with a sure tone, "The photosphere would be the one visible, professor."
    Colin O'Brian
    Colin O'Brian
    Head of Hufflepuff
    Head of Hufflepuff

Astronomy Lesson three (Second years) - Page 2 Empty Re: Astronomy Lesson three (Second years)

Post by Colin O'Brian Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:39 pm

"Thank you Ms. Frances, Slytherin can have five points for that."

"Yes, the Photosphere, which is actually the lowest layer of the sun is visible layer. As one of you already mentioned, the Corona becomes visible during an eclipse."

"Now, we will leave the rest of the sun for later - but I got a task for you to get on for the rest of the class."

"When people study the sky they will notice that - if one looks long enough - that it's not always the same. Stars come and go, and things like the moon and planets have thier own orbits that move them about. Throughout this year, and your studies in astronomy, I would like you to have a record of these changes. So you will be making star charts."

He waved his wand and large pieces of chart paper appeared on each of thier desks.

"You will have make several of these - and I expect them to be from different nights. I will be able to tell you know, so if you do not get behind, you should probably get started on it now."
    Sel
    Sel
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Sel Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:40 am

Iris nodded and looked down on her star chart. She gazed back again at the night sky and tried to point out which would be the one properly placed by each blank. She decided to review this for tonight and do the rest during the half term break.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:01 am