Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

Midnight Snack (open)

Midnight Snack (open) Empty Midnight Snack (open)

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:53 pm

Letti made her way to the kitchens. Her mother had gone to Hogwarts as a child, and had shared all of the secrets she knew about the school with her. She found the painting of fruit and hesitantly tickled the pear. It giggled, actually giggled, and a doorknob appeared. She turned the knob and stepped inside.

She was surprised that, even at midnight, house elves were working hard. One of them caught sight of her and made it's way over to her. "What can Iggy do for you, Miss?" it squeaked.

"Well, Iggy, I'm very hungry. You wouldn't happen to have any donuts, would you?" She asked. The small house elf nodded her head feverishly and disappeared around the corner. She heard the portrait hole open and turned around quickly.
    Ariadne Ellingham
    Ariadne Ellingham
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Midnight Snack (open) Empty Re: Midnight Snack (open)

Post by Ariadne Ellingham Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:38 pm

Ari had been taught by her older sister Soleille that there was a secret entrance to the kitchens concealed behind a portrait of a fruit bowl. She had wondered about this, because Soleille wasn't always the most truthful, but she was intrigued and that evening had presented itself with the ideal opportunity.
    Sure enough, the portrait swung open, and she grinned. "She wasn't lying," she murmured.
    It wasn't long before she noticed she wasn't alone; another girl who she didn't recognise was also present.
    She smiled at the girl. "Heya," she said cheerfully. "Guess I'm not the only one who gets hungry at night, then?" She grinned at her.

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:43 pm

Letti looked at the girl and nodded. "It seems so," she murmured, not speaking above a whisper. That was another thing about Letti; she never spoke louder than necessary. Unless, of course, she was with Melanie, her cousin.

"My name is Elettika. What is yours?" she asked as Iggy came back with the donuts. "Thank you, Iggy. May I have some Hot cocoa with this, please?" The house elf nodded and disappeared in the crowd.

((ooc: Letti is totally different than me Razz ))
    Ariadne Ellingham
    Ariadne Ellingham
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Ariadne Ellingham Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:50 pm

(ooc: Okay! Razz)

"I'm Ariadne," Ari replied with a smile. "But call me Ari. It takes too long to say my full name, you'd waste quite a lot of your life over it." She looked around the kitchen with a grin. "This is awesome. I haven't ever been down here before. I thought my sister was kidding..." She looked back at Elettika. "I've not seen you around before, have I?" she asked with a smile.

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:56 pm

"Well, I'm a Slytherin. Apparently, we don't get along," she rolled her eyes. It was such a stupid feud. "You wouldn't happen to know my cousin, would you? Her name's Melanie. She's a Ravenclaw. I mean, your name sounds so familiar."

Iggy came back with her drink. "Thank you, Iggy." The house elf bowed so low that her nose touched the floor and scurried away. Letti took a seat on a stool near a counter, and started eating the donuts. They were chocolate donuts with vanilla filling: her favorite.

"Please, take a seat," she gestured to the stool next to hers.
    Ariadne Ellingham
    Ariadne Ellingham
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Ariadne Ellingham Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:07 pm

She seated herself as directed and rolled her eyes as well. "I know," she sighed. "It's ridiculous. For God's Sake, I know Chrissy, and she's really nice. And Professor Blake is awesome. The feud's stupid." She sighed. "Rant over."
    "Yeah! I know Mel!" she said with an enormous grin. "She's your cousin? Oh, of course! Well, you thus must be awesome," she said, nudging her playfully.

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:12 pm

Letti allowed a small smile on her face as she sipped her hot chocolate only to spit it back out. "HOT!!!!" she started fanning her tongue while laughing. "I think I burnt my tongue!" she said, only it sounded more like "Eh hink eh ernt meh ton!"

She was panting, trying to cool it down, but it didn't work. "Izz zucks!"

((ooc: this would totally happen to em Very Happy ))
    Ariadne Ellingham
    Ariadne Ellingham
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Ariadne Ellingham Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:05 pm

"Yowch!" Ari said, and she turned to find a houseelf. "Hey, please could we have some icecubes?" she asked the elf kindly.
    "Of course, Miss," the house elf replied cheerfully, and returned a few seconds later with a tray almost as large as himself. "Here you is, Miss."
    "Thanks so much!" Ari smiled, and she handed Elettika the tray. "Suck on this!" she said with a grin.

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:12 pm

Letti grabbed an ice cube and put it on her tongue. She sighed in relief as the cold cube soothed her burnt tongue. "Thank you," she muttered. She continued sucking in the ice until it was all gone. And, just for safety, she dropped one in her hot cocoa.

"That was a really smart thing to do. Thanks again. You have saved my tongue," she grinned.

I don't trust her, but i don't hate her, she thought.
    Ariadne Ellingham
    Ariadne Ellingham
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Ariadne Ellingham Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:21 pm

"I try," she joked. "No, seriously, I burn my tongue all the time. I keep cubes frozen at all times just for those special moments. My brother thinks it's hilarious."
    She smiled at Elettika. She was really quite nice, and she hoped that she could hang around with the other girls some time. "What lessons are you taking, Elettika?"

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:28 pm

Letti groaned. "I'm taking Defense, Transfiguration, COMC, Astronomy, potions, Occumulency, and Dueling." She bit her donut and swallowed. "I'm only taking occumulency because i was forced into it. What about you?"

She slid her plate towards Ari and offered her one of the many donuts on the dish.
    Ariadne Ellingham
    Ariadne Ellingham
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Ariadne Ellingham Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:33 pm

Ari accepted a donut gladly.
    "I limited myself to four," she grinned. "I'm taking Charms, Astronomy, Defence Against the Dark Arts and Muggle Studies. So far we've only had three fulltime professors, and they're all superdooper nice. But apparently they've hired an Astronomy professor now, so Professor Romain won't have to cover again." She had liked Professor Romain's lesson, but she was pleased as well that they were getting a permanent teacher. "I fail at making things, so I steered away from Potions, and I haven't got that much concentration so I didn't go for Transfiguration." She stopped. "I ramble a lot. Sorry for telling you my life story." She winked.
    "Mmmm, these donuts are goooood."

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:42 pm

Leah smiled. "it's fine. Rambling is fun. Sometimes." She frowned at the memory that was emerging, and pushed it away. "And, of course they're good! House elves made them! They are the best cooks ever!" She smiled.

"My mom told me about a girl who she went to school with. She made this whole organization for house elf rights. It never worked because house elves were insulted by it, but it was still nice. My mom had signed up for it, and she had taught me how to treat house elves."
    Ariadne Ellingham
    Ariadne Ellingham
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Ariadne Ellingham Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:09 pm

"Really?" Ari said eagerly. "That's awesome! I love house elves; I hate it when people are mean to them. I mean, they are so awesome, and they're really talented too. Why would you be mean to someone so kind?" It didn't half wind her up to hear the tales her mother told her about how her family used to treat house-elves. It made her glad that they had absolutely nothing to do with the Blacks anymore.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:19 pm

Letti nodded as Ari rambled on about house elves. "So, does your family have house elves? Mine don't. My dad's muggleborn, and he always hated the idea of forced labor. But, they have magic, so they don't really care." Letti shrugged and took a sip of her warm cocoa. It didn't burn her tongue again, for which she was grateful.
    Ariadne Ellingham
    Ariadne Ellingham
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Ariadne Ellingham Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:37 pm

"My Dad's a muggleborn, and so's one of my sisters. My Mum got disowned from her family, but we didn't really want a house elf; we can work ourselves," she shrugged. "Plus, we don't really have much that they could clean. Apart from maybe my brother's room, and he should be cleaning that."

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:41 pm

Letti smiled. She never had siblings, only Mel. She always wanted to know what it was like to have someone there that would never leave. Well, Mel was always there for her, but it wasn't what she wanted.

"Tell me about," she whispered, some-what scared. "Can you tell me about your brother? What's he like? Do you love him? Things like that."
    Ariadne Ellingham
    Ariadne Ellingham
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Ariadne Ellingham Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:17 pm

Ari was a little taken aback, but she smiled anyway. "Well, he's called Dermot, and he's a year younger than me. He can be a little git at times, like once he put bleach in one of my sister's cereal, until Gina pointed out that she'd seen him do it. But other times he's really sweet and you wonder why you don't like him all of the time. He's obsessed with ghosts and that redhead from the Holyhead Harpies and he wants to be an astronaut."
    She grinned. "Do you have any siblings?" she asked kindly.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:49 pm

Letti shook her head. "No, I don't have any siblings. But i wish i did. Yours sound great."

Took a bite out of her donut before standing up. 'Well, I must go. It was a pleasure meeting you. I suppose I'll see you in class? Maybe at the library?"

((ooc: letti is getting sleepy Sleep LOL ))
    Ariadne Ellingham
    Ariadne Ellingham
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Ariadne Ellingham Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:50 pm

Ari grinned. "Sure thing! It was lovely talking!"
    She grinned, hoping that she would see more of Elettika in the future.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 8:54 am