Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

Traveling on the train

Traveling on the train Empty Traveling on the train

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:18 am

I'm staring out the window, my face pressed to the glass. My Parents are there and so are my three siblings. They're all waving and looking a little embarrassing. I give them a half-hearted wave and then scoot away from the window. No one has joined my compartment yet and I'm beginning to worry. What was wrong with me? I desperately needed to talk to someone, anyone. I looked up at my trunk, wishing it was time to change into robes, at least that would give my something to do. I began to pull out a book and with one last look out the window, feel into the spell of Moonglass. The train pulled away. We were going to Hogwarts!
    Vivian Hawthorne
    Vivian Hawthorne
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Traveling on the train Empty Re: Traveling on the train

Post by Vivian Hawthorne Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:27 am

Vivian rushed through the train aisles looking for an empty compartment when the train started moving. She nearly tripped over her own trunk when she pitched forward. Instead, she slammed into the wall and against the cage she was carrying in her left hand. The disturbance caused the black cat inside to hiss up at her.

"Sorry, Frederic," Vivian apologized, groaning and rubbing her side as she continued through the aisles. "I thought the train conductor was supposed to wait til everyone found a seat before starting the train. I guess not, huh?"

The cat said nothing back and just laid his head back on his paws, wrapping his tail around his body. Vivian sighed and then noticed a compartment with only one person in it. She opened the door and nodded at the girl inside.

"Hi..." Vivian greeted cheerfully. "Do you mind if I sit here? Everywhere else is full."

Post by Guest Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:18 am

Gabrielle had been lost in thought when she heard a voice calling her to the present. Looking up she noticed a girl carrying a cage and a trunk.

"Oh Hey!" Gabrielle smiled and her voice was friendly. "Yeah, of course. Need a hand with that?" She nodded towards the trunk.
    Vivian Hawthorne
    Vivian Hawthorne
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Vivian Hawthorne Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:53 am

Vivian returned the friendly grin, grateful that this girl hadn't kicked her out like the past ones. "Thank you... and I could use a hand."

After the two of them managed to get her large trunk into the trunk rack, Vivian settled across from the girl with Frederic next to her, still sleeping soundly in his cage.

"Thanks again," Vivian smiled kindly at the girl. "I'm Vivian, by the way, Vivian Hawthorne. Any you are...?"

Post by Guest Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:11 pm

"I'm Gabrielle Sands. Nice too meet you! Aren't you excited?! I've been waiting to go to Hogwarts for...years!" She exclaimed.

Gabrielle was very glad that Vivian had joined her in the compartment. She would know at least someone and she seemed very friendly and nice, just like her.
    Vivian Hawthorne
    Vivian Hawthorne
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Vivian Hawthorne Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:39 pm

"Gabrielle? That's such a pretty name!" Vivian replied back excitedly. She couldn't help feeling a pang of jealousy. At least this girl's name was original and not like hers... then she shook her head viciously. It was no use getting irritated at Gabrielle when she didn't even do anything.

"I'm really thrilled to be going to Hogwarts, too," Vivian said instead, happy to have made a friend so easily and right off the bat on the train too! "It's going to be my first year but I plan on having more naturally."

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:08 am

Gabrielle couldn't be more excited to have meet someone, especially someone as nice and pretty as Vivian.

"Oh, Thanks! I love yours too. And Hawthorne is so original, not anything like Sands," Gabrielle said "sands" in a blah way. That's the only thing she HATED about her name. She loved the Gabrielle Renee part, but Sands was soo, sandy. So nothingness.

"It's going to be so fun! Can you imagine? Seven years here! What house do you want to be in?"
    Vivian Hawthorne
    Vivian Hawthorne
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Vivian Hawthorne Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:21 pm

Vivian smiled at Gabrielle. "Oh, but Sands sounds nice. Like... like a beach! It reminds me of great times at the beach."

It was true, the Hawthorne part of her name was original... but not Vivian. Her mother's name had been Vivian but she did not want to remember that woman.

Ignoring the memories, Vivian nodded in agreement with Gabrielle. "Yeah, you're right. Hogwarts is going to be something special. I don't really know what house to be in. I'm not really brave, so Gryffindor wouldn't work. Slytherin... well I don't consider myself ambitious or cunning. That leaves Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw."

Ravenclaw was the home of the academics, people who could memorize magic spells in one second and then replicate it perfectly. Hufflepuff people were loyal and hard working. Vivian couldn't really place herself in either house at the moment.

"What house do you want to be in?" Vivian then asked Garielle politely. Gabrielle probably had a better idea of what she wanted to be than her.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:19 pm

"I guess so...I've had some good times there." Gabrielle tucked her feet under her and looked out the window for a moment, staring at the passing scenery.

"Well I'm sure your very smart! Gil he wants to be in Ravenclaw, I don't know if I know anyone in Hufflepuff, my mum has a friend who was in that house. My whole family was in Ravenclaw, except for my mum, she was in Gryffindor." She paused for a moment and swallowed. Gabrielle didn't want to think about her mom at the moment, It was too painful.

"I think Gryffindor would be my house. I mean I wouldn't call myself brave, but even a person who doesn't call themselves brave would prove themselves worthy in a time of need, right?" Gabrielle asked.
    Vivian Hawthorne
    Vivian Hawthorne
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Vivian Hawthorne Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:24 pm

"Thanks," Vivian smiled at Gabrielle. She didn't know who this Gil person was but didn't bother to ask. He was probably a friends of hers. Instead, she said, "Well, I want to be in Ravenclaw anyways."

"I suppose that's true," Vivian nodded to her. "There are all different types of bravery. Although, to be honest with you, I am actually dreading the sorting. I just don't want to be in a bad house if you know what I mean."

Post by Guest Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:58 pm

"Yeah, that'll be fun. I definitely don't want to placed in a bad house! But, I think we'll do just fine. Keeping a positive attitude." Gabrielle smiled.

"So tell me about yourself....only if you want too I mean," Gabrielle was hoping she and Vivian could become good friends. They'd only just met, but she'd felt a real bond to this girl.
    Vivian Hawthorne
    Vivian Hawthorne
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Vivian Hawthorne Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:28 am

Vivian laughed lightly. "Yeah, optimism is key, right?"

"Well, I guess I'll just tell you the basics, provided you return the favor of course," Vivian grinned at Gabrielle. She seemed like a nice and trustworthy girl. Plus, Vivian needed some good friends if she was going to survive Hogwarts.

"I like reading and cooking, oh and also dancing," Vivian began. "I'm afraid of heights and I absolutely hate travelling by flight. I'd prefer a train anyday. I have an older brother and a father... and I have a step-mom too named Celia... she's okay I guess. Anyways, that's pretty much most of my info, at least the stuff I'm willing to share. Oh yeah, and you've already met my cat."

Vivan reached a hand into Frederic's cage and gently stroked the black tuxedo cat. The response she got was an idle twitch of his tail and Vivian couldn't help but laugh.

Turning back to Gabrielle, she said, "So what about you?"

Post by Guest Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:22 pm

Gabrielle smiled. "Of course I will! Your cat is so cute. Jasmine, my cat, shes staying with a friend in Hogsmeade until I get to Hogwarts. I hope they can become friends, just like us," Gabrielle leaned her head against the cool window and propped her legs up on the seat across from her.

"I'm addicted to books, can't get enough of them! I love to cook, dance, act, sing, write and play Quidditch/fly. Do you like Quidditch? I forgot to ask, pardon me if you already said. Are you half-blood, muggle born or pure-blood. I'm half blood, my Mums a which, my dads a muggle. I have two sisters and one brother, although I'm the oldest out of everyone." She paused to catch her breath. "I love to ride boats and trains as well. I have a fear of monkeys, heights, needles, cancer and spiders. My best friend is Gilbert Lancelot and we've known each other for forever!" Gabrielle stopped. She had a lot more to say, but all of that would come in time. Besides there was a lot of things Gabrielle didn't feel like sharing, at least not now.
    Vivian Hawthorne
    Vivian Hawthorne
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Vivian Hawthorne Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:09 am

Vivan grinned back at Gabrielle. "Thanks. I'm sure he appreciates it. His name's Frederic by the way. I bet he'd love to meet Jasmine. What kind of cat is she?"

"Oh wow you like Quidditch? I've heard of it but I've never thought of playing it. Are you a seeker or something else? I think I'd be a keeper... perhaps I'll try for it. And no, I didn't say what blood I am. I'm pure-blood since my dad is a wizard and my mother was a witch. My step-mom's a muggle though. I have a brother too but no other siblings."

Vivian smiled happily, surprised at herself. Normally, she wouldn't be sharing stuff like this but Gabrielle striked her as trustworthy. Relaxing, Vivian pulled her legs onto the seat to sit cross-legged with Frederic's cage in her lap. The cat didn't seem pleased to be in the container and Vivian longed to let him out but she didn't know if there was a pet policy or something on the train.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:36 am

"Yeah they love compliments. Jasmine is a maine coon, she's pretty cute if I do say so myself," Gabrielle smiled. "She's my little baby,"

"I love Quidditch and just to fly in general. You'd be good at it, you should try out. I'm a chaser although I have played seeker and really liked it. Oh that's neat. I can't imagine being muggle-born. Don't take it in a bad way, it's just that I can't even imagine not knowing about all this." Gabrielle waved her hand around. "I mean how could my dad not know!" Gabrielle laughed. "I have one brother too, Leo, he's just two years younger then me at nine. Then I have two sisters." Gabrielle noticed Vivian seemed uncomfortable with Fredric's cage in her lap.

"The door's closed, maybe you could let him out for a moment? I'm not sure if it's allowed though," Gabrielle shrugged.
    Vivian Hawthorne
    Vivian Hawthorne
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Vivian Hawthorne Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:38 pm

"True, they are a bit selfish that way. A maine coon, huh? Faaaancy! Frederic here's just an good ol' fashioned alley cat but I love him," Vivian stroked Frederic's head and got a loud purr in response.

"Flying... on second thought, I don't think I could do it," Vivian laughed sheepishly. "I'm really terrified of heights. Oh, and muggles aren't that bad. I do agree with you though: not knowing about magic would be very boring."

Vivian listened silently as Gabrielle told her about her siblings and then said, "Younger brother, eh? Mine's older by five years. Must be fun in your family, what with all the people."

"Really? I could?" Vivian clicked the lock open. Frederic, suddenly wide awake, leaped out and then curled up once again next to her. Vivian chuckled and pet him as she then smiled slyly at Gabrielle, "Don't worry. If anyone starts yelling I'll come up with something. I'm actually really good at getting out of trouble. It's a gift and a curse at the same time."

Post by Guest Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:15 pm

"Yeah. I found her on the side of the road as a kitten. Soaking wet and shivering like mad. Frederic is really cute though." Gabrielle reach out to pet him, stroking his fur. She laughed at Vivian's next comment.

"Well, I don't like heights either, but flying. It's different somehow." Gabrielle chuckled at herself. "Sometimes having such a big family is really really annoying, but we all love each other and it's fun, most of the time,"

Gabrielle looked at a watch from the depths of her bag.

"I think we best change into our robes. We'll probably be arriving soon," She suggested.

"Oh and I have a knack of getting into trouble. We make a good pair," Gabrielle smiled.
    Vivian Hawthorne
    Vivian Hawthorne
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Vivian Hawthorne Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:52 am

"Oh wow that was really kind of you," Vivian smiled. "I just bought Frederic from a store. Not very exciting, right?"

"Different? Really? How can it be different?" Vivian couldn't help but shiver as she thought about it. Just sitting on a broom up in the air with other people zooming by you hoping to knock you to the ground mercilessly... it was terrifying. But then again, she had never tried it so who was she to judge.

"Yeah, I bet it would get kind of hectic with a big family," she nodded. "Must be hard to get attention, no doubt."

"Time flies!" Vivian laughed. "We probably should then."

"We do, don't we?" Vivian returned the grin easily, secretly sighing with relief that she had managed to make a friend.

Post by Guest Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:36 pm

"Well, I wouldn't have liked to just leave her there. And it probably was very exciting for Frederic." Gabrielle chuckled.

"I don't really know. Maybe my fear of heights has been diminished." Gabrielle could feel the wind in her hair and that great sense of freedom and bliss.

"Very hectic," Gabrielle laughed. "Sometimes, especially being the oldest. It's like I'm responsible so I don't need looking after."

Gabrielle grabbed the blinds. "Yeah, I can't wait to finally get there," Gabrielle grinned at Vivian's last comment, very very glad that she would not have to face Hogwarts alone and that she had a friend. Someone she could trust. Someone whom she could tell her secrets and wishes too.

"I hope there are some good looking guys there," She giggled.
    Vivian Hawthorne
    Vivian Hawthorne
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Vivian Hawthorne Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:30 am

"Perhaps it was for Freddy," Vivian chuckled and stroked Frederic between the ears, earning another loud purr from him.

"I guess trying wouldn't kill me..." Vivian shrugged and then laughed shakily. "But maybe I'll wait a year."

She smiled at Gabrielle's comment. "Ah yes, my brother always tells me that it's annoying being the oldest. He says I get all the attention," Vivian giggled, adding, "And to an extent it's true."

"I can hardly wait either!" Vivian agreed. She was happy to have Gabrielle as a trustworthy friend. Who knew you could make such great friends over a short train ride?

Vivian then laughed loudly. "I wouldn't think about that, Gabrielle." She smiled and hid her mouth behind her hand as if she were telling a secret as she went on, "But... I can't agree with you more."

Post by Guest Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:12 pm

Gabrielle laughed and put out her hand for Frederic to sniff before petting him. "He's awfully soft,"

"Well, don't do it unless you want too, don't want you in the hospital wing for the whole year, would we? Anyways I can teach you if you ever wanted too," She smiled.

"Well he's right! My sister Kellee, shes the youngest, is spoiled rotten. But, it's all good fun, just sometimes you want your parents too notice you again too. You want your accomplishments to make them proud, so they can notice you."

"You look very sporting in your robes," Gabrielle chuckled and stood up, dancing around the small space in the compartment, complete with a silly song, and sat down. "Sorry, thats one thing about being my friend, expect weird spaz like behavior at time. Don't worry, it's all normal for me!"

"Mm hm" She smiled mischievously.
    Vivian Hawthorne
    Vivian Hawthorne
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Vivian Hawthorne Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:48 pm

"Well, I hope he is!" Vivian grinned. "I spend a lot of time meticulously brushing his fur."

"Yeah, no, I hate hospitals in general," Vivian shuddered at the thought. She was surprised by Gabrielle's offfer. "You'd teach me? That's so nice of you!"

"I get it," she nodded, leaning back against the train seat and crossing her arms behind her head. "I suppose being the youngest has its advantages. Still, I don't get everything I want. I think Nate's just over reacting sometimes. He's a bit dramatic. Oh, that's my brother's name, by the way. Nathaniel... and yes that is after the author. Not very creative is it?"

"So do you," Vivian complimented easily and watched in amusement as Gabrielle danced around the compartment. "Hey, you're a musical soul at heart, right? I know I am, what with loving to dance and sing as well. Granted, I don't burst out into song at random but I won't bother you." She giggled slightly and added, "I think I can handle it."

Vivian returned the smile. "I just hope that the boys aren't too arrogant. All the guys in my life are so that would be horrible."

Post by Guest Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:05 pm

"You do a good job," Gabrielle settled herself down and smiled. "Yeah I do too," She had a sad, faraway look in her eyes. When Vivian spoke next she snapped out of her reverie.

"I'd be happy to give free lessons anytime, just ask me and I think we may be able to work it out." She grinned. "Well, I have a friend named Nathaniel too, we did this play called Into the Woods and I was Cinderella and his was the prince. It was quite funny really."

"I do have a very musical soul, dancing, acting and singing...all my passions. Well maybe being around me so often you will," She chuckled and then said, "I hop you can,"

"No, at least I know one thats not. I'm sorry to hear that, does that include Frederic?" She smiled
    Vivian Hawthorne
    Vivian Hawthorne
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Vivian Hawthorne Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:19 am

"Thanks," Vivian dipped her head.

"Into the Woods, huh? Never heard of it," Vivian admitted with a sad smile. "Sounds interesting though."

"I probably will," she grinned. "Dancing is a lot of fun. Sometimes I wish Hogwarts had a class for it. I heard the Beaxbatons have it in Creative Arts. Lucky."

"Oh really?" Vivian smiled knowingly. "Is it Gilbert?" She then laughed at Gabrielle's next comment. "Actually, yeah! He can be pretty arrogant too. Normally around other cats. He's kind of a sourpuss if you know what I mean."

Post by Guest Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:11 am

"No problem," Gabrielle smiled warmly.

"I hadn't heard of it either, but it was pretty fun to be im. I never knew the had that.....that's so unfair!" She exclaimed.

"Yeah, seeing as he's the only guy I know here. He's cool though," She laughs and then sighs.

"I could see that, but you've got to admit, that face his giving me right now is pretty cute,"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 8:00 am