Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

Sweet Tooth

Lynx Miller
    Lynx Miller
    Head of Gryffindor
    Head of Gryffindor

Sweet Tooth  Empty Sweet Tooth

Post by Lynx Miller Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:42 pm

Lynx made his way into the centre of london to this dentist he had heard about, he didn't normally trust muggle healers they all seemed to be hackers, but many wizards and witches had spoke highly of this place

Lynx sat in the waiting room, holding onto the left side of his jaw, that was the last time he would ever be having any candy his nephew gave him, ne'd never known a goblin blaster to be so hard

Lynx looked around at the other patients waiting to be treated, let out a slight groan of pain, thinking how long would he have to wait
    Tara Middleton
    Tara Middleton
    Muggle
    Muggle

Sweet Tooth  Empty Re: Sweet Tooth

Post by Tara Middleton Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:51 am

Tara was in for a rough day as is, she was already bit by a child patient and was long overdue for Some R+R.
    After finishing up with her appointments she looked out and saw a walk in patient, looked to be in his twenties, after talking with Kayla about the patient she grimaced, sore teeth were always going to be harsh on a patient, X rays and probing were usually first orders of the visit to see what caused the pain, at worst Tara feared, this would be a little rough.
    "Mr Lynx Miller"
    Lynx Miller
    Lynx Miller
    Head of Gryffindor
    Head of Gryffindor

Post by Lynx Miller Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:33 am

Lynx slowly turned his head to see who was addressing him, he quickly jumped up as he saw it was the Hygienist, he then walked over to her still holding the side of his jaw

"Yep, that me" he manged to force out through the pain of his throbbing tooth
    Tara Middleton
    Tara Middleton
    Muggle
    Muggle

Post by Tara Middleton Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:59 am

Tara gave a gentle smile, though inside she was worried, what could cause such tenderness except an exposed nerve, this wasnt good at all.
    "Mr Miller the first thing we need to do is take a X-ray of the tooth in general to see how deep the problem is, after that we will be able to find out how to best treat it"
    Tara hoped that she could sooth the young man or this wouldn't be easy at all
    Lynx Miller
    Lynx Miller
    Head of Gryffindor
    Head of Gryffindor

Post by Lynx Miller Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:39 am

Lynx nodded gently as the woman said she would need to X- ray his moth, X-Ray that doesn't seem to bad, no pain involved with an x-rayLynx t[i] thought to himself

He then looked over at the woman "Alright, so where do I sit?" he asked gingerly
    Tara Middleton
    Tara Middleton
    Muggle
    Muggle

Post by Tara Middleton Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:05 am

Tara led Lynx to a small room with a over head bar and inserted a tab into the main chin rest.
    `I need you to bite down and hold still until I return ok lad` said Tara gently, perhaps now she could find the root of the problem.
    Lynx Miller
    Lynx Miller
    Head of Gryffindor
    Head of Gryffindor

Post by Lynx Miller Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:07 pm

Lynx sat down and bite down on the tab, as he clenched down on the tab his eyes began to explore the small room. It had that typical smell of a hospital.

Lynx was slightly concerned about coming here, while he did take advanced muggle studies when he was in school, the whole concept of a "dentist" was quite barbaric to him. He was begining to think he should have just gone to St. Mungos, at least the Healers probably would have fixed his problem by now
    Tara Middleton
    Tara Middleton
    Muggle
    Muggle

Post by Tara Middleton Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:32 pm

Tara took the shot of around Lynx' mouth, easy work. Walking back she saw the unease of the young man, Tara spoke up gently in his ear.
    "This your first visit, young wizard. Not to worry, we are alone so noone can hear us.
    Don't worry lad, everything will be fine".
    Lynx Miller
    Lynx Miller
    Head of Gryffindor
    Head of Gryffindor

Post by Lynx Miller Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:07 pm

Lynx was taken back when Tara mentioned that he was a wizard, how on earth did she know. He was dressed as a normal muggle would be, he certainly thought he was acting the part, so he forced out a chuckle

"Wizard? my I do like your imgination" he then decided it was best to quickly change the topic

"So does it look bad?" he asked with concern

Tara Middleton
    Tara Middleton
    Muggle
    Muggle

Post by Tara Middleton Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:02 pm

Tara gave a warm glance at Lynx, she knew that he was hiding who he was but quickly shook it off, once her eyes looked to the thin photo her smile turned to a small warm glance.
    "Its nothing too serious, your tooth chipped low enough to expose the nerve, that's why you've been feeling it this entire time, however its also developed decay along the place of the chip. The best course of action here is to see about simple composite to block the nerve after getting rid of the decay".
    Tara placed her hand comfortingly on Lynx shoulder, hopefully this will be easy
    Lynx Miller
    Lynx Miller
    Head of Gryffindor
    Head of Gryffindor

Post by Lynx Miller Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:38 am

Lynx listened closley to Tara, from what he understood it seemed that she would easily be able to fix it, she may even be able to do it in one session, well that's what he hoped, though her end remark concerned him

"Hopefully this will be easy?!" Lynx exclaimed "No offence, but what do you mean hopefully? you are qualified right?" Lynx asked
    Tara Middleton
    Tara Middleton
    Muggle
    Muggle

Post by Tara Middleton Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:11 pm

Tara looked serious, "none taken Mr Miller but what i meant is that exposed nerves are closely connected to your root, if the root was exposed for too long then it will die, that isn't too pleasant lad,"

Tara helped Lynx up to his feet, "I was uncertain because I don't know just how close to the root its breached, but it is merely a nerve that's exposed so its easy".
    Lynx Miller
    Lynx Miller
    Head of Gryffindor
    Head of Gryffindor

Post by Lynx Miller Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:05 am

Lynx nodded at the woman, he was glad to hear that it seemed like it would be easy to fix

He then turned to the woman "You know its funny, I remember reading that dentist were scarey people, but you seem to be the exception" he said with a chuckle, he then quick grabbed his jar as the laughing shot pain through his entire mouth
    Tara Middleton
    Tara Middleton
    Muggle
    Muggle

Post by Tara Middleton Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:49 pm

Tara gave a warm but cheeky smile to Lynx, "well if people just saw us clinicians instead of judging is through books and horror movies, they would see quite different people".
    Tara gave a giggle but her face suddenly looked a little more soothing as Lynx held his jaw again, this wasnt good.
    "Would you like to follow me, I have everything set up for you Mr Miller"
    Lynx Miller
    Lynx Miller
    Head of Gryffindor
    Head of Gryffindor

Post by Lynx Miller Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:20 am

Lynx nodded at Tara's response, "quite true" he manged to blurt out through the stinging pain

Lynx then followed Tara, now this would be a real test on a "Dentists" skills, Lynx felt confortable with the woman, though could stop thinking about all the information he had read on them
    Tara Middleton
    Tara Middleton
    Muggle
    Muggle

Post by Tara Middleton Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:06 am

Tara led Lynx to her exam room however her usual room based on cleanings was now greeted with another object beside the chair, "would you like to take a seat Mr Miller?" asked Tara with a inviting gesture and a warm gaze at the young man she was going to help, "I promise that this will be easy and you wont feel any more problems after this appointment ok lad?"
    Lynx Miller
    Lynx Miller
    Head of Gryffindor
    Head of Gryffindor

Post by Lynx Miller Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:40 am

The young man entered the exam room, his eyes darting everywhere trying to take everything in. He heard Tara ask him to take a seat. Lynx walked slowly over towards the seat, giving it a quick dust down with his hand

As the young man was still scanning the room, he heard the woman speak missing half of what she said due to his mind was far to busy exploring

"Uh what...oh easy. Ok brilliant" the man replied, feeling sure that Tara could detect the rich anxiety in his voice
    Tara Middleton
    Tara Middleton
    Muggle
    Muggle

Post by Tara Middleton Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:51 am

Tara slipped on a pair of white gloves and sat down on a stool beside Lynx, "there really is nothing to be afraid of, all that I'm going to do is clean out the decayed parts of the teeth and fill it so that chipped tooth should cause you any more grief" said Tara as she reached out and switched on the oral laser, this truely would be a easy visit for her, "if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask me ok?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:45 am