Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

+4
Damian Gray
Ezekiel Wolfe
JJeh
Scarlet Valora Potter
8 posters

Lesson One (First Years)

Lesson One (First Years) Empty Lesson One (First Years)

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:39 am

Cobalt sat on the edge of his desk, a cornish pixie on the back of his right hand. He looked at the pixie, a female one based on the dark green shade of her back,

"Hey... do you think we'll have some intelligent kids this year?" he asked his miniature companion. The pixie looked thoughtful before shaking her head, causing Cobalt to grin, "You're always so mean about the kids..."
    Scarlet Valora Potter
    Scarlet Valora Potter
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Lesson One (First Years) Empty Re: Lesson One (First Years)

Post by Scarlet Valora Potter Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:10 am

Scarlet walked inside the classroom with glee. This is one of the most fascinating subjects, according to the books she read. She greeted the professor with a bow and took a seat.
    JJeh
    JJeh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by JJeh Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:37 pm

J. J. came into the classroom and looked nervously around. It was mostly empty. There was a Gryffindor girl that she thought she recognized from one of her other classes.
    Slowly she went up and took the seat beside her.
    "Hullo Professor," J. J. nodded to the man at the front of the room, sparing a nervous glance at the creature sitting upon his hand, before turning to the girl beside her and smiling a shy greeting to her as well.
    Ezekiel Wolfe
    Ezekiel Wolfe
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Ezekiel Wolfe Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:18 pm

Seth made his way to DADA class and arrived in time just after two girls. He found a seat in the back and said "Hello Professor" as he sat down. This class should be interesting he thought as he sat there. It was once known as the Cursed Position 40 years ago when Voldemort was around and no one last more then a year. Yes he thought, it will be interesting indeed.
    Damian Gray
    Damian Gray
    Other
    Other

Post by Damian Gray Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:22 pm

Damian made his way into the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom, blue eyes bright with anticipation. This was going to be one of his favorite classes - he just knew it!

He recognized a couple of his housemates, and maybe the Gryffindor girl, too. The boy took a seat near the front of the room, his gaze drawn to the winged creature perched upon the professor's hand. His face broke into a wide grin. A Cornish Pixie, he was certain of it. He'd read about them in several of his sister's old textbooks.

The lesson was going to be brilliant, the boy thought. He couldn't wait.
    Scarlet Valora Potter
    Scarlet Valora Potter
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Scarlet Valora Potter Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:02 am

She faced the Hufflepuff who sat beside her and smiled warmly. "Hello," she said shyly. She recognized her - probably seen her in one of her other classes. She wasn't used to socializing, though, because she avoided the other Muggle kids in her old home as to not unintentionally read their minds.

"I'm Scarlet. Nice to meet you."
    JJeh
    JJeh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by JJeh Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:58 pm

"J. J." She sent a nervous glance at the Professor, worried that even though class had yet to start, he still wished his students remained silent, "Nice to meet you. How are you finding Hogwarts so far?"
    J. J. wondered briefly if she found it as overwhelming as her. Although it might not have been completely kind, she hoped so. Some of the older students she had met claimed that everyone felt a little overwhelmed by the place, but some how J. J. still felt like it was just her.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:29 pm

Cobalt smiled faintly at his class,

"Hello everyone and welcome to Defence against the Dark Arts!" he greeted them before shrugging a little, "You will hear stories from the upper years about how mean I am... that I'm a cruel and cold-hearted man."

He shrugged again,

"These stories are completely true." he waved at the classroom in general, "Within this room you will face your fears. You will face things you never even thought of being frightened of before. You will come face to face with evil and with good... and let me tell you now, you will not see much difference between the two."

Cobalt frowned a little before shrugging,

"But I was an ickle firstie once upon a time as well..." he smiled faintly, "So this is the only lesson you will recieve from me that won't end with at least some of you in tears."

Lifting his hand, he showed the class the Cornish Pixie,

"Now who can tell me what species of creature my little friend here is?" he grinned at the Pixie's offended look, "Oh and she wants you to know her name is Natil."
    Ezekiel Wolfe
    Ezekiel Wolfe
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Ezekiel Wolfe Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:58 pm

Seth replied with "It's a Pixie Sir." He knew it was a pixie but not what type as his brother was apprenticed to Professor Pucey and had left CoMC books around.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:29 am

im here for my first lesson, Im super super smart
    Damian Gray
    Damian Gray
    Other
    Other

Post by Damian Gray Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:36 am

Damian had raised his hand but hadn't been quite as quick as Seth had been. He started to lower his hand, then hesitated, wondering if he should specify which sort of pixie Natil was or if that would make him sound like he'd swallowed his textbooks and followed them down with Babbling Beverage again. (Not that Damian necessarily agreed with the Charms professor's assessment, but he didn't want to irritate any more of his teachers by seeming to be a 'know-it-all'.)

Sighing quietly, he brought his hand down to the desktop. He wondered how the professor was speaking with Natil, though. Some sort of telepathy? She hadn't seemed to say anything... Damian thought back on what he'd read in his sister's old texts about Cornish Pixies, but came up with nothing.
    Valerie Greenway
    Valerie Greenway
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Valerie Greenway Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:47 am

Valerie trudged resolutely to the classroom, scowling. She walked in and bowed to the Professor, Becky at her heels. "I''m sorry for our late arrival, Professor Smith. A poltergeist who calls himself Peeves decided that we made opportune targets, and pushed me into a closet, locking me in. My sister had to go for help." She explained. "I am Valerie Greenway and this is my sister Rebecca."

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:03 am

Cobalt frowned a little at the ravenclaw who'd come in late, complaining of Peeves. He waved the concern away,

"Don't worry, Peeves won't be a problem ever again." he told her coldly, "No punishment today. Find your seat."

He nodded,

"Yes Mr Forsyte, Natil is a pixie. Five points to Hufflepuff." he looked over the class with a smirk, "Natil is rather disappointed that no one knows what kind of pixie she is. But the little begger's happy because if none of you get it I have to give her a knut."
    Damian Gray
    Damian Gray
    Other
    Other

Post by Damian Gray Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:15 am

Damian's hand shot back up into the air. "She's a Cornish pixie, sir," he answered once he'd been called on, though, he did feel a bit bad that Natil wouldn't get her knut because of him. "And you can tell that she's a girl because of the dark green on her back."
    Tayla Wayland
    Tayla Wayland
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Tayla Wayland Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:22 am

"Sorry I'm late proffesor" Tayla apologised as she rushed into the classroom and took a seat near the front. "One of the older students thought it would be funny to send me in the wrong direction" She had been mildly annoyed at that but she'd get back at them later.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:51 am

Cobalt smirked a little and Natil gave him a dirty look. He nodded at Damian,

"Take five points to Hufflepuff." he announced with a smile before frowning at Tayla, "And that's why you're this late? Five points from Gryffindor."

He held Natil up for inspection,

"Can anyone tell me why Cornish Pixies are not often kept as pets or friends?"
    Scarlet Valora Potter
    Scarlet Valora Potter
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Scarlet Valora Potter Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:00 am

Scarlet raised her hand and answered as soon as she was called. "Cornish pixies are not suitable, or, not often kept as friends is because they are a bunch of mischief makers. I believe that's one of the reasons - and another one is because pixies can only communicate with other pixies, which makes it hard for us humans to communicate with them..."

She said those hesitantly, as if she isn't as sure. She tried her best though.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:52 pm

Cobalt grinned and turned to Natil,

"Hear that Natil?" he asked her, causing the little pixie to growl cutely, "You're a mischief maker!"

The little pixie chatted away at him in her own language for a few minutes, ranting at him. Cobalt chuckled,

"The short, and clean, version of that was that she thinks she's a good girl." he shrugged, "And that she can communicate with me so there's no reason why others can't. But, generally, you are correct Miss Potter."

He patted Natil on the head with a finger,

"Can anyone tell me any natural advantages a pixie has over, say, a nymph?"
    JJeh
    JJeh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by JJeh Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:03 pm

J. J. watched as the late students came into the classroom with their excuses. J. J. was glad that she hadn't been late to this class. Although the teacher seemed to be waving off most things today, he had said he would be so generous later. J. J. would hate to find out personally what not generous looked like.
    She looked back at the creature on the professor's hand. The other students had said it was a pixie, a Cornish pixie to be exact - J. J. hadn't even been aware there were different kinds of pixies.
    Although this pixie didn't look particularly dangerous/violent, it also didn't look particularly kind or safe. J. J. felt it was more behaving for the professor's sake than anything else.
    She wondered nervously what exactly he had planed for them and the pixie.
    Rebecca Greenway
    Rebecca Greenway
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Rebecca Greenway Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:59 pm

Becky sighed. This day was just not going well at all. She and Valerie had been late to every class thus far for this reason or that. All of them the truth, and all of them utterly ridiculous.

She nodded respectfully to the Professor, thankful that she and her sister would no longer have to deal with the ghostly nuisance.
    Valerie Greenway
    Valerie Greenway
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Valerie Greenway Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:28 am

Val sat forward to get a better look at the pretty pixie. "I would have to guess it's free movement? I mean, Natil is sitting right here, in a human building. But nymphs can't go far from their home elements, really." She paused, "Er... right?"
    Damian Gray
    Damian Gray
    Other
    Other

Post by Damian Gray Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:35 am

Damian chewed on his lip for a moment, trying to think. Advantages a pixie has over a nymph? Well, there was... or did he read that in some stupid muggle book? That would be embarrassing, but the boy couldn't seem to recall anything else just then. Maybe he should have re-read the textbook...

He raised his hand to respond after the Ravenclaw girl. "Isn't it also that nymphs can only affect the places where they are from?" Damian phrased his own response as a question. "Like, a wood nymph's abilities only works in the woods, or a water nymph's in the water. Pixies don't really have such limitations, do they?"
    Emily Griffin
    Emily Griffin
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Emily Griffin Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:00 pm

Emily entered the classroom slightly out of breath.
    ''My apologies for being late professor, I just signed up.'' She said

She took a seat in the front and grabbed her DADA book from her bag.

(OOC - Just got back from vacation)
    JJeh
    JJeh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by JJeh Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:26 pm

J. J. listened as the other students gave out guess for the advantages of Pixies Vs. creature like Nymphs or something.
    She was impressed by the knowledge and bravery in sharing said knowledge of the other students. Although the Professor had yet to confirm or deny any of these guesses, they all seemed to make some sense to J. J.
    Of course, she was just going off mostly Muggle fables, so who knows how right those could be.
    She some how felt that it wouldn't be very much.
    Still, wanting something to do, she wrote down all that had been said so far on her Parchment. She would take or remove answers later if necessary.
    After writing this down, she looked up surprised to find another student walking in late. She made a nervous frown. She some how felt that the Professor might not be so forgiving this time.

Post by Guest Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:29 pm

Cobalt shrugged at the late girl,

"Don't worry, if you're late again you'll have a problem but not the first time." he told her casually before looking at Natil, "Do you think they got it?"

Natil chatted away to him in her own language. Cobalt raised an eyebrow,

"You want me to give points to the Ravenclaws, for being know-it-alls, but take points away from Mr Gray for being a know-it-all?" he asked her with a raised eyebrow. When Natil nodded, he flicked the pixie gently in the chest, "That's not fair Natil! I seem to recall you being a know-it-all too..."

The pixie glared at him and Cobalt chuckled,

"Ten points to Ravenclaw and five points to Hufflepuff." he told the three students before turning to a pouting Natil, "Oh shush you, you're only being mean to the Gray kid because you like him..."

At this tease the pixie's face grew darker green and she flew up to start tugging viciously at Cobalt's hair. He chuckled,

"Watch out for this one Mr Gray... she's likes to play rough!" he joked before smirking at the still struggling Pixie, "Weaknesses of being a pixie?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 10:23 am