Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

The Morning After The Night Before

The Morning After The Night Before Empty The Morning After The Night Before

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:19 am

Briony awoke, her eyes still a little red and puffy from another bout of silent tears last night, she still felt so stupid and couldn't bare to face Richard this morning, to avoid causing any emotion she wore long jeans and a simple black t-shirt after getting a quick bath she dried her hair and emerged downstairs for breakfast.

Calling for Kayla she could tell that she knew she was upset because she already had four slices of steaming buttery toast for her to eat with a cup of her favourite tropical juice. Deciding to eat outside today she took the plate and ventured into the cold garden, sitting on the fountain she dipped her bare feet in the icy water enjoying the numbness.

"Briony...you're an idiot you know."

She smiled sadly as Marcy crawled over to her and brought her a dead bird as if to console her.

"Lovely Marcy, well done."

The Morning After The Night Before Empty Re: The Morning After The Night Before

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:34 am

Richard woke up and immediately wished that he hadn't.

His right hand was still pressed against his face, dried blood from the cut above his eye having stuck his fingers together. He didn't particularly care for his appearance at the moment, so he just quickly brushed his face to get rid of most of the dried blood. His hurried action caused his scabbed over cut to start leaking a little blood again. Scowling slightly, he proceeded to pull on his shirt and trousers. He went to put his overcoat on but stopped himself. The coat didn't feel right to him today, it seemed off somehow. He shook his head and left it over the nearby chair, picking up his wand and his money pouch, putting them away. A light tugging at his trouser leg caused him to look down at a seemingly distressed Anhanger. He frowned a little,

"What is it girl?" he asked, his voice raw and rough sounding. The cat mewed loudly before bounding down the stairs. Richard followed his little cat down the stairs and shook his head when the cat led him out into the garden, "Where are we going anhanger?"

He stopped suddenly when he saw Briony sitting on the edge of a fountain. Anhanger mewed loudly again and Richard sank down to her level with a sigh,

"Look little one... I said something wrong last night..." he paused a little, swallowing hard, "She doesn't want to see me Anhanger. She won't ever want to see me, if she can help it..."

The little cat mewed at him again. He closed his eyes,

"I know I promised not to leave her... but she doesn't want me here Anhanger..." he smiled sadly down at his cat, "How about you protect her? You be the one she can count on Anhanger... God know's I've failed at that part."

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:44 am

Briony wondered what she was going to do she would have to see him sometime or another she would have to, should she get it over with now or wait until lunchtime? She didn't know if Kayla would feel right cooking him breakfast if she knew he had upset her so she felt she would have to see him if only to feed him. She looked kindly at Marcy and took the dead bird, at this Marcy pounded onto her lap stole some toast and ran off. Briony didn't have the heart to chase her.

"You have it girl, you did all that hard work catching this bird, you deserve some!"

Finishing her juice she placed her plate on the ground and decided for a laugh she would jump in the fountain like she used to, that was then she heard something from behind her it was Anhanger and she grinned at her, picking her up and kissing her head.

"Where is Richard today dear?"

With a loud meow Briony presumed he was near and when she turned around she saw him standing there and she froze for a minute before sighing and putting on an excellent fake smile, walking towards him she handed Anhanger back.

"Morning Richard." She said cooly

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:51 am

Richard winced, the smile hurting him more than any shouting. He nodded slightly,

"Morning Briony..." he stopped himself from moving as soon as he realised that he had begone to move to hug her. He looked ashamed of himself as he turned away again. Anhanger mewed at him, as if telling him to say something. He swallowed hard and turned back to face her, forcing himself to look at the hurt in her eyes, "Look... I know I've hurt you. I..."

He stopped when he voice hitched slightly. God damn it... why was he acting so emotional? He swallowed again,

"I'm sorry Briony..." he looked back into her eyes, "I was confused and in my confusion I hurt you..."

Anhanger mewed loudly, this time obviously prompting him to say something. He smiled a little at his cat,

"You be good for Briony girl." his smile disappeared again as he looked back at Briony, "Anhanger likes it here... I'll understand if you want me gone but please don't send her away."

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:00 am

Briony remembered something she had toasted to last night and she felt ashamed of herself for not upholding the promise she had made, so, all of a sudden she let the mask drop and her true sadness shine through, she stopped smiling and looked up at Richard with a dead sort of light to her eyes. She had something to say and her mood wasn't made worse when she heard that he was going to leave.

Cracking as it spoke, her voice cried out "Please! Please don't go."

Briony looked up into his eyes emotion playing in her own. She didn't want to make him feel bad, no no that wasn't her intention she was just being honest like they had said they would be.

"I, I've just got to get this out. I'm sorry, I was so stupid, I honestly can't apologize enough for the way I've acted I was immature and I did things I shouldn't have done. Please, don't feel guilty, it's my fault."

Briony sniffed a little leaning on the door frame for support.

"Of course I'm hurt but that's my fault too, I should have left while I didn't know you, when I didn't like you but it's too late now because I'm afraid I'm attached to you for some reason. I'm going to try and control it from today but, I must once again apologize for putting you in that position last night."

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:05 am

Richard swallowed hard,

"That situation..." he smiled faintly, "Well it was wonderful."

He turned to Briony with that same, small, smile,

"And you don't need to apologise for anything... I loved every second of it." he looked away for a second, "And that was part of the problem. Part of my problem. I didn't feel like I deserved... well like I didn't deserve to be happy like that with you."

Anhanger mewed encouragingly and Richard's smile grew a little. He looked back up into Briony's eyes, his heart sinking at the sadness in them. He slowly spread his arms out in an open hug,

"I want to apologise Briony. I want to take away what I've done... will you let me?"

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:17 am

Briony hesitated, she saw the hug and she wanted it, she wanted to make up and be how they were last night but there would always be a little part of her that would forever doubt Richard. She moved shakily from the door frame and lay her head on his chest as she wrapped her arms around his shoulders, Briony knew that this went against everything she had taught herself, this man should be dead now. Yet, when she thought of it, he was the one person she couldn't imagine to be so.

"If what you say is true, I don't deserve to be happy either and yet here we are and there we were being happy."

Briony paused slightly and snuggled her head into his chest.

"I don't know how you plan to do so, but I will let you try. I would very much like for you to succeed, I don't like feeling like this." Briony chuckled "So an improvement would be nice."

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:22 am

Richard smiled lightly as he wrapped his arm gently around her,

"I promise you Briony... I will do whatever it takes to make sure that you live your live in happiness." he closed his eyes, "I'll do anything for that."

He chuckled lightly,

"And I think I owe Anhanger a fish... she was trying to tell me to come down here." he smiled and helped his cat up onto his shoulder. The cat mewed and started to lick at his face. He frowned and then laughed slightly, "Damn... I've still got blood on my face. Not to mention the cut is still open..."

He pulled back from Briony a little,

"I'm going to wash my face." he ran a hand over his stubble, "Do you think I should shave?"

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:33 am

Briony didn't really want to let go, not knowing when she would be able to get another hug like that but she did so anyway, wanting to wean herself off Richard as much as she could, at least until she felt a little better but there was nothing more she wanted to do than curl up in his arms and fall asleep safe and secure, that, was her dream. It had yet to happen with any man. She hoped it might to with Richard.

It was then that she noticed the cut on his face and she tutted at him, taking out her wand and muttering at the cut, soon it had healed and the blood was gone. Reaching out a cold hand to touch his face she ran it up and down his stubble debating whether she was ready for him to go yet.

"You don't have the cut any more but I suppose you should have a shave. Not yet though!" Briony grinned "First step on your way to redemption, give me another hug first then get your backside upstairs."

Briony smiled a little, but real, smile and she waited for Richard to come and give her a hug.

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:05 am

Richard smiled, relieved, and wrapped Briony up in a tight hug,

"You only ever have to ask once for a hug from me Briony." he told her, whispering in her ear as he squeezed her gently. Deciding not to end the hug he picked her up again, holding her in his arms again as he began to walk back to the house, "I think this is the best way... this way I'm still hugging you as I walk."

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:26 am

Briony smiled as Richard enveloped her in another hug she lay her head on his chest once more and entwined her fingers in his hair. She giggled as soon as she felt her feet leave the floor and she was walking backwards in his arms, which was more than a little odd to her. Wondering when exactly he was going to put her down, she decided that she didn't care, she kept her arms wrapped tightly around his neck in case he should drop her.

"Don't drop me, you've been carrying me a lot lately, shows your either strong or your totally stubborn because you don't ever want to put me down."

Briony smiled again as she wondered where they were actually going.

"Where are you whisking me away to?"

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:30 am

Richard smiled a little and leant down to kiss her gently on the cheek,

"I don't ever want to put you down." he replied as he walked up to the bottom of the stairs. He smiled, stroking her cheek softly, "I'm going to get a shave. And probably have a quick bath."

As he started going up the stairs he turned back with a teasing smile,

"You're welcome to join me."

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:36 am

Briony nodded and curtseyed as they departed, or, as she thought they were departing, she thought about his offer for a moment and decided to see what his reaction would be if she said yes. So fixing him with an extra large smirk she looked casually up at the large clock.

"I suppose I have time to take yet another bath. Of course, if you meant what you said."

Briony walked up to him and tapped him slightly on the nose before continuing her walk upstairs, unable to stop the smile on her face growing.

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:39 am

Richard shook his head to get rid of the look of shock and followed after her with a smirk,

"Oh you're the best Briony!" he declared, wrapping his arms around her from behind her so that he could whisper in her ear, "Maybe you can wash my back? I'll wash yours in return..."

Without waiting for a response, he moved into his room, throwing his shirt away as he walked. Entering the bathroom, he quickly repaired the mirror and vanished any remaining blood before tapping the bath's taps with his wand, causing them both to start.

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:54 pm

Briony laughed lightly and playfully punched Richard on the arm, she leant her head back onto his shoulder as he whispered to her and she smirked she watched as he took off his shirt and threw it away, smiling she too took off her t-shirt so that her green underwear was visible.

"Of course I'll wash your back for you, it's the least I could do."

Briony winked and walked after him into his bathroom, she was a little shocked at the broken mirror and she wondered if he had head butted it last night or something, she shook her head with a laugh.

"I know some guys are a little hard headed but will you try not to break my house."

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:22 pm

Richard chuckled a little and turned round so that he could pull Briony in for another hug. Honestly he didn't know why he was so keen to hug her but it probably had something to do with the feeling of utter contentment he felt when around her. He sighed a little as he ran his fingers through her hair,

"I'll try to keep my emotions in check..." he chuckled a little again and kissed her lightly on the forhead, "But you have a rather... liberating effect on my emotions."

With a tap of his wand he transfigured a bar of soap into a silver, straight-edge, razor and began to shave off his stubble, going slowly to make sure he didn't cut himself.

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:27 pm

Briony smiled delicately and she nuzzled into Richard's chest, she wanted to stay with him but then where would the fun be in that, so picking up her t-shirt from the floor she kissed him swiftly on the cheek and smirked, beginning to walk out of the room. Thinking about what to say as she did so was something that placed a huge smile on her face, oh how she loved taunting people!

"I don't want to 'liberate' your emotions while you're in the bath, you might need a shower afterwards."

Briony winked and paused at the door.

"I'll be in the living room when you're done."

And with that she walked off downstairs to grab her guitar from the closet and begin to softly pluck out a few lines of music from the Chimera Brothers latest song patiently waiting for Richard to be finished.

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:42 pm

Richard cursed a little at Briony's taunt, having nicked his neck slightly when he'd moved in surprise. He shook his head,

"Away with you minx... I like my throat un-cut." he told her before quickly finishing up as she left the room. Running a hand over his chin to check for any missed stubble, he quickly pulled his trousers off before jumping in the bath to wash himself. No more than ten minutes later, Richard jumped out of the bath and quickly dried himself off before making his way down to the living room, his trousers already on and his shirt in his hands as he entered. He smiled a little,

"Somehow I thought you'd be the musical type." he teased lightly before pulling on his shirt, "I can only play piano unfortunately."

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:54 pm

Briony looked up from her steady gaze at the chords she was playing to smile delicately at Richard, she didn't have him pinned down as a musical man and it surprised her to hear that he played a rather delicate instrument. She grinned and stood up bowing after her work was done, her music played. As she stood up she did a mock rocker face and began to play a heavy guitar solo, stopping a short while after she winked and placed the guitar on the floor.

"Wow, I didn't have you down for such a gentle instrument!" Briony laughed "I thought you'd be a drums man if I do say so myself, I would love to hear you play one time, perhaps we can duet?"

Briony raised an eyebrow and took up her guitar again playing her favourite rather slow song and singing along to it gracefully, she had always thought herself an average singer.

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:04 pm

He went a little red in the cheeks,

"I learnt the piano and then I started to play the guitar." he shrugged a little, "I only play the guitar when I'm on my own unfortunately."

He chuckled a little and thought about it for a moment,

"I suppose we could... if you have a piano I could borrow." he chuckled a little more, "Oh and I only know muggle music."

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:13 pm

Briony stopped for a moment and shook her head ruefully, she didn't see them duetting in the future then, she knew only wizard music and quite frankly she wasn't sure if she wanted to learn any Muggle music after what they had done to her life so far. She out of habit looked up to the picture of her Grandmother and wondered what to do...sighing she sat down next to the guitar and plucked the strings absent mindedly.

"Alas, I don't know any Muggle music."

Briony shrugged and picked up her guitar walking back over to the cupboard where it was stored, hanging it up by it's strap she carefully shut the door, that room also housed her piano, drum kit and saxophone. She hadn't used the piano in years, she couldn't bring herself to, after all, it wasn't really hers.

"My music room is through there."

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:22 pm

Richard smiled faintly as he walked into the room,

"Now that..." he said, pointing to the piano, "Is a beautiful piece of music."

He walked over to it, looking over the sleek design of it. The lid of the baby grand had been closed and it appeared as though it had been for some time. Silently, he walked along the edge of the piano, his hand just above the surface of it and not touching at any point. Slowly, he touched the lid to the keys. There was a slight amount of wear in the centre, most likely where the previous owner had lifted the lid up so many times. But the piano carried a feeling of dust and disuse about it, despite the lack of physical dust. He turned back to Briony,

"Who's piano was this?" he asked quietly, almost afraid to hear the answer.

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:36 pm

Briony flinched as she saw Richard almost touching the piano, she controlled herself though, he wasn't going to blow it up, it would be fine, he was just looking, just looking. Briony repeated this to herself over and over again hopefully so it would cement itself in her head, she tried to distract herself by looking out of one of the windows but her head turned back and she physically travelled forwards with her hand outstretched a squeak escaping her lips as he lifted the lid.

"My grandmothers, please, um...be careful."

Briony walked over to it and looked at it with sadness in her eyes, she had tried to block it from her mind yet, when she stood next to it she couldn't help but see all the times that she and her Grandmother had sat at this piano and played together.

"It is sad that I cannot bring myself to play any more. Not on this piano, not on any really..."

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:54 pm

Richard smiled softly and nodded slightly,

"I won't hurt it." he promised as he sat down on the stool. His fingertips hovered over the keys, not daring to touch them as he tried to think of a song he could play. He paused and cleared his throat a little before looking over at Briony as he softly pressed down on the keys in the first chord,

"She can kill with a smile... she can wound with her eyes... she can ruin your faith, with her casual lies..." he whispered out in time with the music, still looking at Briony out of the corner of his eye, "And she only reveals what she wants you to see... she hides like a child but she's always a woman to me..."

He stopped playing and slowly closed the lid,

"I'm sorry if it was out of place for me to play."

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:03 pm

Briony merely watched Richard as he played, trying not to let her emotions get the better of her but without her consent a whole mirage of flashbacks came flooding through her mind she saw her Grandmother playing the piano, herself a few years old happily dancing to the music that flew out, she could only see her Grandmother's smile and even though she did not know the song, the sound of the keys struck at Briony's heart.

She leant on the wall and let tears cloud her eyes. Not letting them fall just yet, they sat on her lashes, waiting to drop.

"No no, it was a lovely song. Even though I do not know it. I suppose the piano is best used by someone who is not afraid to play it."

Briony smiled weakly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 1:15 pm