Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

paper flowers and candy clouds (Taryn)

Afonka Alkaev
    Afonka Alkaev
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

paper flowers and candy clouds (Taryn) Empty paper flowers and candy clouds (Taryn)

Post by Afonka Alkaev Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:09 am

Taking deep breaths of the warm summer air, Afonka grinned. Merlin, how he loved summer. It was warm and nice out, and the park was just beautiful this time of year. Staring at all the flowers around for a moment from his perch on a bench, he resisted the urge to pick them. They weren't his, after all, and he didn't want to get arrested for it.

Humming to himself, he jumped off the bench, making his way to the fountain in the middle of the park. Staring down at his reflection for a moment, he tilited his head, watching the sunlight shine on the water, catching the reflection of the coins underneath the water. Continuing to hum, he placed a hand in the water, making small circles in the water with his hands.
    Taryn Lennee
    Taryn Lennee
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

paper flowers and candy clouds (Taryn) Empty Re: paper flowers and candy clouds (Taryn)

Post by Taryn Lennee Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:30 am

Taryn walked the park again-she had lost count at eleven rotations and fifteen songs or so. At that very moment, she happened to be listening to When It Rains by Paramore through one headphone. The day was bright, warm-but the weather didn't affect Taryn. The only thing she noticed was that it was the kind of day Avon would've liked.

Just then, the little music player died. Tayn sighed. It was just going to be that kind of day. It was nice out, though, maybe even a little warm, so Tayn kicked off her sneakers and stuck her feet into the fountain. She was actually quite certain that it was somewhat illegal, but she saw multiple children doing the same. Only then did she notice the boy, making circles in the water happily, but she promptly ignored him. Instead, she started quietly singing to herself-she did this a lot, Taryn realized, when she was around people. Shrugging, Taryn sang the chorus of Imaginary by Evanescence. "In my field of paper flowers, and candy clouds of lullaby..."

((OOC: I love that song Smile))
    Afonka Alkaev
    Afonka Alkaev
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

paper flowers and candy clouds (Taryn) Empty Re: paper flowers and candy clouds (Taryn)

Post by Afonka Alkaev Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:40 pm

Continuing to make more circles in the water, Afonka blinked, noticing a sudden increase of ripples in the water. Glancing around, he noticed a girl, one who looked about a year younger than him, with her feet in the water. Pulling his hands out of the water, he quickly dried them off, ready to wave at her when he noticed that she was singing.

Listening carefully, he smiled at her as she sang. Clapping, he grinned, "You're a really good singer."

((OOC: Same! I can't stop listening to it!))
    Taryn Lennee
    Taryn Lennee
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Taryn Lennee Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:58 pm

Taryn's hazel eyes snapped up, and she searched for the source of the noise. It was the circle making boy, with dark hair. He was smiling at her-an unusual expression for the girl used to cold glares and sarcastic grins. Taryn wasn't a nice person, but the boy seemed so...genuine. Something about him just made you want to like him, even if you were completely cold and empty like herself. He was clapping...Taryn blushed a little, if she was even capable of that, and ducked her head. Compliments were another thing she wasn't used to. But again something about the boy made her want to be nice-or maybe a better word choice would be attempt being civil. Smiling-somewhat genuinely, hoping it didn't look too much like the grimace it felt like-Taryn replied, "Thank you. I don't really sing for people, so..." Taryn shrugged. "I'm Taryn," she said to the boy after a moment's hesitation.
    Afonka Alkaev
    Afonka Alkaev
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Afonka Alkaev Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:44 pm

"You should sing for people," Afonka said, his eyes wide as he moved closer to her, "You're amazing, and I think people would love to hear you. I know I would." Nodding, he smiled at her sheepishly. She really was good, and if she didn't know it, he was going to prove it to her.

Grinning at her, he introduced himself, "I'm Afonka."
    Taryn Lennee
    Taryn Lennee
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Taryn Lennee Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:15 pm

"Thanks," Taryn grinned a little, although the action was still foreign to her. "But I'm not one to really go up on stage. 'sides, I'm not that good," Taryn shrugged. "That's...sweet of you," Taryn smiled a real smile at him this time, as big as she possibly could. She could be bitter another time; the boy was too sweet for her to put down. "People aren't really interested in listening to me, though," she made the statement as vague as possible, not wanting to ruin the conversation by telling him about her sins. If he went to Durmstrang, assuming he was a wizard, perhaps he knew of the bitter girl Taryn, but she enjoyed the company-after all, reluctant as she was to say it, she was lonely.

"Afonka," Taryn repeated. "That's an interesting name. Cool, really. Where do you go to school?" she asked, interested to see if, come school time, she'd recognize him.
    Afonka Alkaev
    Afonka Alkaev
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Afonka Alkaev Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:41 pm

Grinning back, he nodded at her, "You're welcome. It was nothing, really." Eyes widening, he shook his head vehemently, "I think you're amazing. You're much much better than not that good."

Titling his head slightly, Afonka's forehead creased slightly, "Why wouldn't they? If they won't listen to you sing, then they must have a terrible taste in music."

"Thank you," He said, a little shyly, "Your name's really awesome., Taryn. It's so cool." Nodding as he agreed with himself, he said, "Oh, I go to Durmstrang. Not sure if you've heard of it, though. Most people haven't."
    Taryn Lennee
    Taryn Lennee
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Taryn Lennee Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:02 am

Taryn's cheeks flushed a little, and her spirit seemed to lift. She liked this kid-he was so sweet, and that was something welcoming to her. "I'm not amazing. Maybe I'm a little better than not that good, but I am definately not amazing," Taryn told Afonka as firmly as she could, still a little flustered from his compliments.

"Well, you see..." Taryn drew in a sharp breath. I'm not really the most...likeable person. I...guess I haven't been the same. There was something that happened-a while ago, actually-that kind of permanently effected me. I'm different-significantly-from who I used to be," Taryn shrugged. It had been as vague as possible, and that was all she could ask.

"No problem," Taryn smiled. "Thank you. Certainly giving my self-confidence a boost, Afonka," Taryn grinned at him. "You go to Durmstrang?" Taryn laughed a little. "No way! That's where I go!" Taryn's eyes lit up a little. It was as if a dark cloud had lifted. As if she'd found a friend.
    Afonka Alkaev
    Afonka Alkaev
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Afonka Alkaev Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:53 am

Tilting his head, Afonka shrugged slightly. He couldn't make her see his point of view if she didn't. Though he could convince her that he was sincere, like he'd done with Tessa."Well, I think you're amazing, so I guess it's the thought that counts."

"Well," He began after listening to her quietly, "I hope that one day you'll be able go back to who you were. Or who knows," He shrugged, smiling slightly, "You might realize that who you are now is better than who you used to be."

"It's what I'm here for," He grinned. "Really? That's awesome!" Grinning even more, "What house are you in? I'm in Hrabrost."
    Taryn Lennee
    Taryn Lennee
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Taryn Lennee Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:09 am

"Thanks," Taryn said in a small voice. "Maybe someday...you know, when I was little, I dreamed of being a singer. So much has changed, though..." Taryn sighed, a small, peaceful smile on her face. "You're nice," Taryn suddenly said. "People aren't usually very nice to me, but you are. It's lovely, having someone to talk to that's nice," Taryn grinned at him.

"I don't think who I am is better," she almost whispered. "I'm a major bitch, a lot. My...my sister die-was murdered when she was nine," Taryn was quiet for a moment, then laughed bitterly. "I don't know why I'm telling you. Maybe it's because you're the first person in a while not to resent me. Thanks for that," Taryn smiled at Afonka, a real smile, sad but definately real. "I'd give almost anything for her to be here and to be who I was-I'd be loads different."

"Nice to have someone like that in this world," Taryn grinned back. "Aww, man," Taryn's face fell, slightly. "I'm in Uchitel. But, hey, maybe we'll have classes together," Taryn's face lit back up at the thought of having a friend in her classes.
    Afonka Alkaev
    Afonka Alkaev
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Afonka Alkaev Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:06 pm

"Well, you can still be a singer," He said with a nod, smiling up at Taryn. "Aww," He grinned, "Thank you. I do try to be as nice as possible to everyone I meet. Because you should always treat people the way you want to be treated."

Listening to her, he watched her quietly. As she finished, he moved closer to her, hugging her, "You - You're still grieving. And I guess that it would make sense to still be sad and angry that she died. You're welcome," He added, smiling slightly.

"Yeah, and we can always talk in the Great Hall and around the school. Just because we're in different houses doesn't mean we can't be friends."
    Taryn Lennee
    Taryn Lennee
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Taryn Lennee Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:08 pm

Taryn beamed, happy now. She hadn't smiled since Avon's death, and here she was, smiling more than she had in sixteen years of life. "Thank you. You know, maybe I will. Stage fright aside, I might be able to make a go of it. Maybe," Taryn shrugged, knowing she'd be forever plagued by the thought of attempting to go after this dream. "Yeah, I guess you should," Taryn said after a moment's hesitation. "The funny thing is, no matter how hard you try to treat people right, they rarely do the same." Taryn knew she was one of these people-she hardly trusted, never, really.

Taryn hugged Afonka back, leaning her ginger head against him. It felt right, to be hugged by someone who cared again. Like Avon. She knew in that moment that Afonka was her friend. "I am," Taryn's voice was kind of quiet, but a little stronger now. "It should-but I can't get over it. I should move on, at some point. But I don't think I can." As she said this, Anna's words rang in her head. 'Get a life, you useless bitch.'

"Always," Taryn grinned. "They aren't really very strict about the house tables, are they?". She was, of course, thinking about how she really didn't know which table was for Uchitel's because she simply sat wherever she could be alone.
    Afonka Alkaev
    Afonka Alkaev
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Afonka Alkaev Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:55 pm

"Well," he grinned at her, "When you do, I will be there in the front row, cheering you on louder than anyone else." And he was serious. Afonka hated the idea of making promises he wouldn't keep, and this one didn't seem hard to keep. Besides, she was a friend of his and there was no reason he wouldn't go and watch her perform.

"That's the problem with some people," He shrugged, "As hard as you try to be nice to them, they're just not nice back." Tilting his head slightly, he continued, "But I think everybody has a nice side. For some people it's harder to find than others." Pausing for a moment to take in what he'd said, he nodded in confirmation with himself.

"If you ever need to talk about it," Afonka said, his voice suddenly soft, "I'll always be here to listen, Taryn."

Shaking his head, he grinned, "Yeah, that's one of the things I love about Durmstrang. You can sit anywhere you want." Pausing, he added, "Well, not anywhere. I don't think they'd like it very much if you sat at the professor's table."
    Taryn Lennee
    Taryn Lennee
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Taryn Lennee Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:26 pm

Taryn grinned at Afonka's comment, but couldn't help correcting, "If I do." Then she smiled. "Good to know I'll have at least one fan. And, I believe you. I believe that," Taryn looked at him, her hazel eyes warm. For some reason, she did believe that Afonka would be cheering her on.

"I'm one of those people," Taryn shook her head. "I should honestly try not to be, but...well, you know. People aren't fond of sad people," she shrugged. "I think, talking to you, I found mine, cheesy as that sounds," Taryn grinned sheepishly. "I believe that some people don't have one-for certain people. Sometimes the nice side depends on the person."

"I haven't talked about it in years," Taryn confessed. "Unless it's been in another language that no one understands. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you," Taryn hugged the boy tighter, a lone tear falling out of her closed eye. The fighter, broken by a friend. Maybe now the demon inside of Taryn could see why she was a loner. The angel couldn't see why she didn't have more friends.

"Anywhere. Hell, I bet they wouldn't care if you showed up in random classes. A good portion of them are all years, anyways-I think," Taryn shrugged. "They wouldn't?" Taryn smirked. "Well, guess I should cancel those plans, then."
    Afonka Alkaev
    Afonka Alkaev
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Afonka Alkaev Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:32 pm

"I think you'll have tons and tons of fans." Grinning he nodded to accentuate his point, "People will fill halls and stadiums to hear you sing. I'm sure that it'll happen."

"Sometimes you can't help it," Afonka said, shrugging slightly. Grinning at her, he continued, "I'm happy that I can be that person for you."

Hugging Taryn back, he patted her softly, "You don't have to thank me. I would've done it for anyone. It's no big deal."

"My Magical Combat class is all years," Afonka mused before grinning, "I'd love to see the expression on their faces if we actually did it."
    Taryn Lennee
    Taryn Lennee
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Taryn Lennee Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:20 pm

Taryn smiled at the happy pictures Afonka painted-and the strange part was, it didn't seem as impossible as it had seemed a day or so ago. "Maybe we should start smaller than stadiums," she shuddered at the thought of all those people watching. "Maybe a small concert for friends-err, aquaintences," Taryn amended. "And just gradually get bigger." Her eyes closed and she smiled at the thought of preforming-maybe for her house, Uchitel, or the whole school. It seemed far from impossible now.

"I guess you can't," Taryn agreed. "But it doesn't prevent the mind-numbing guilt that you can't." Taryn's hazel eyes locked on Afonka's. "So am I. You have no idea how much I need a friend. And I couldn't have a better one than you."

Taryn believed the boy, that he would've done it for anyone. "But there are just too many people that wouldn't've done it for me. It makes it that much more special to me." Thinking about it as Afonka comforted her, patting her back, she realized exactly how much the Hrabrost had saved her. How much she had been dying, how much she had relied on pain. How much she hated her life. Afonka had become the Uchitel's salvation-no doubt about that.

"I take Magical Combat-I think," Taryn's forehead creased slightly. "I don't see why I wouldn't. It's right up my alley. Oh," her hazel eyes lit up like the Sun. "We should do it. It's not like they'd expel us-just some detentions. It'd be so much fun, though. Probably worth it," as Taryn discussed these plans, she became exactly what she could've been, had Avon survived-a trouble maker, mischievous and happy. Not cheerful, but content. And only now did she realize how much she still wanted to be it.
    Afonka Alkaev
    Afonka Alkaev
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Afonka Alkaev Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:03 pm

"That makes sense." Afonka nodded. "People have to know who you are first and know just how great you are before they fill stadiums to hear you." He couldn't help but grin. Taryn was a great singer and he felt that she didn't hear that enough.

"I - I'm not that great." He mumbled, waving a hand dismissively. And he really wasn't. As he'd said before, he would've done that for anyone.

Smiling at her, he blushed slightly at her compliment, "I - well - you're welcome."

"Ooh, we can be partners next year when we need to partner up," Afonka breathed, nodding quickly, "That'd be awesome." Breaking out into a larger grin, he clapped his hands together, "Just imagine the Highmaster's expression when he sees us. It'll be priceless!"
    Taryn Lennee
    Taryn Lennee
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Taryn Lennee Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:32 am

Yeah, know who I am, she thought. But instead, she smiled outside. "Exactly! People aren't fond of spending money to see strangers," Taryn said wisely. She felt warm, though-warm, even though it was a hot day. Flattery is a very powerful magic, even moreso when it's genuine.

"You're the one underestimating yourself now," Taryn smiled warmly at Afonka. "You truly are a wonderful person. Then again, I'm not, so I'm a bit more susceptable to it," Taryn played devil's advocate with herself for a moment, then shrugged it off.

Taryn cocked her head to the side a little. "I'm sorry, I'm making you awkward," she apologized. Then she smiled back. "But seriously. Thanks."

"Yes! And you can watch as I kick your ass," Taryn teased, sticking her tongue out at Afonka. She laughed out loud. "Priceless," she breathed. "I'd need to get a camera for that. You know, we really should do it. At the beginning of the year. I mean, maybe the Highmaster has a sense of humor. Either way," Taryn's hazel eyes sparkled. "It'd be awesome."
    Afonka Alkaev
    Afonka Alkaev
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Afonka Alkaev Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:29 pm

"Yeah," He nodded, rubbing his hands together. "They just wouldn't pay if they didn't know you."

"I - I'm not underestimating myself." Afonka shook his head softly, still blushing. He hadn't done anything special. He'd just told her the truth. There was nothing special about doing that, right? "You're a great person." he nodded, eyes wide as he stared at her.

"You're not," he said, still shaking his head, "And you don't need to apologize. And you're welcome." He added, smiling back.

"Please," he grinned, laughing along with her, "You'd never be able to kick my ass." Nodding, his eyes sparkled, "It would be. I can't wait to actually do it."

Taryn Lennee
    Taryn Lennee
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Taryn Lennee Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:50 pm

"If it gets me on the map," Taryn smiled a bit. "Payment isn't required. It's not like I'll be some huge superstar."

Taryn just examined the boy with her light eyes. She did feel as though he was underestimating himself, but she dropped the issue. Taryn laughed a little bit. "I'm really not a good person. I can be nice-or so I've just realized. But I'm usually not," she shrugged, as if discussing the weather and storms were imminent.

"Good," Taryn couldn't keep the word of relief from slipping out. "Too late," she teased. It was; she'd already apologized.

"Oh yeah?" Taryn crossed her arms, a small smirk on her face. "I'll take your ass out right here, right now." Grinning, Taryn jokingly punched Afonka's arm. "We're totally doigng it!" she confirmed. "Just waltz up and sit with the professors. I bet some of them wouldn't even be pissed!" Taryn grinned cheekily, her eyes lighting like a Christmas tree.
    Afonka Alkaev
    Afonka Alkaev
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Afonka Alkaev Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:46 pm

"You never know," Afonka grinned, his eyes sparkling, "You could become an international superstar and be loved by millions and millions. All you have to do is believe."

"Isn't that how everybody works, though?" he asked, his brow creased, "We all try to be nice to people, but sometimes we can't always be nice to everyone."

"Oh well," Afonka laughed, "It was worth a shot."

"You couldn't," Afonka smiled, shaking his head, "But you can always try," he added, punching her back softly. "It can't be that hard, and the reactions of everyone would be worth it."
    Taryn Lennee
    Taryn Lennee
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Taryn Lennee Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:54 pm

"Millions?" Taryn's eyes widened. "I didn't know there were millions of people in the world. Then again, our worlds are small." She refrained from rolling her eyes. "Isn't that how you fly?" she cocked her head, grinning. "Faith and trust and pixie dust. Believe." Taryn had believed once; she'd believed that her broken family would work out, Avon would be there and save her from the dark, a light in her black world. Look where she was now.

"True," the Uchitel allowed. "No, we can't. But there are people that are nicer to more people as a whole, and then there are people that aren't."

The sixteen year old chuckled a little. "Yeah, but you missed, buddy."

"Oh, yes I could," Taryn teased. "It's not trying if I succeed." She winked jokingly. "No, or it shouldn't be that hard. Definately," Taryn's eyes lit up. "I can see that. Oh, God, that'd be hilarious."
    Afonka Alkaev
    Afonka Alkaev
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Afonka Alkaev Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:15 pm

"Maybe if you added all the Muggles and Wizards together you'd get millions of people." Afonka suggested, nodding to accentuate his point. "I've never heard that before." Afonka pouted, tilting his head slightly, "But it sounds cool."

"That's true." Afonka nodded, "So I'll spend the rest of my life surrounded by people who are nice to everyone." He grinned at her, nodding again.

"But next time I won't." he smiled with a knowing look in his eye.

"I guess we can only wait and see." Afonka teased. Rubbing his hands together, he broke out into a larger grin, "It would. I can just see my friends' reactions."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:20 am