Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

+6
Laedin Crouch
Alessa D'Angelo Romano
Sel
Train Reid
Anna Tshering
Madisen Lewis
10 posters

Charms | Y.2 L.1 (closed)

Koehl Saeva
    Koehl Saeva
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Charms | Y.2 L.1 (closed) - Page 4 Empty Re: Charms | Y.2 L.1 (closed)

Post by Koehl Saeva Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:58 am

Koehl frowned at her disgusting cauldron. Someone had Really done a number on this one. She wondered whether to use Tergeo or Scourgify. Koehl decided to use Tergeo, as it was made really for liquids and small particles. She looked at the wand movements in the book. They weren't very hard.

She looked down at the cauldron, noticing a particularly slimy looking subject. She decided to practice on that. Her wand made the movements from the book, and she whispered,

"Tergeo." Nothing seemed to happen. On further inspection, Koehl noticed that it had reduced in size. She furrowed her brows, and redid the wand motions.

"Tergeo." She said the word with more force. She nearly yelped with joy as the slime dissapeared. Koehl smiled, and continued cleaning the Cauldron.
    Train Reid
    Train Reid
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Train Reid Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:36 am

Zayden glared at the abhorrent cauldron. "Whoah, you need some serious cleaning.", she said, covering her nose from inhaling the foul odor. She then, grabbed her wand and started to practice the spell saying, "Scourgify! Scourgify!.... <sigh>.. ......SCOURGIFY!". At that moment, a bright beam of light shone from her wand and the cauldron became squeaky clean.

Awesome !
    Alessa D'Angelo Romano
    Alessa D'Angelo Romano
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Alessa D'Angelo Romano Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:58 am

Alessa sighed at the sight of her dirty cauldron. She opened her textbook and reviewed the charm, readied her wand and said "Tergeo cauldron!" while doing the motion towards her own cauldron. At first, it didn't seem to work. She tried again. And again and again.

She sighed heavily. Alessa looked at her textbook again and rolled her eyes. "TERGEO CAULDRON!" she said while doing her wand motion with precision.

"Phew," she said, relaxing.

Charms | Y.2 L.1 (closed) - Page 4 Empty Lesson One

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:37 am

Alexis looked down at her cauldron. 'Whoa,I wish I never make such a mess.' she thought. Then flipped through the pages of her book, she decided to use

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:55 am

Alexis looked down at her cauldron. 'Whoa,I wish I never make such a mess.' she thought. Then flipped through the pages of her book, she decided to use Tergeo first. She concentrated on the bottom of the cauldron and muttered, 'Tergeo!' The slime vanished, but there seemed to be a crust of what seemed to be solidified and wasted potion.
    She concentrated harder, 'Scourgify!' The crust vanished, but only for a small area. Maybe I sould spread my focus a little...
    Concentrate... 'Scourgify!' the cauldron got clean as new. She sat back at last. Waiting for her professor's feedback.
    Clarisse Valliere
    Clarisse Valliere
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Clarisse Valliere Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:43 am

Clarisse received a very filthy cauldron with unidentifiable grime.
    "Eww... Whatever's in there, I seriously do not want to know." she grimaced silently.
    It was dusty AND slimy, so both Tergeo and Scourgify would have to be used.

"Tergeo!" she pointed at the slime at the bottom, and the slime siphoned out.
    There was some of it left, she'll deal with that later.

Let's try Scourgify...

Aiming for the outside of the cauldron laden with cobwebs and dust, she exclaimed, "Scourgify!"
    The dust went out in one clean sweep.

Satisfied, she proceeded to finish her cauldron cleaning work.
    Laedin Crouch
    Laedin Crouch
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Laedin Crouch Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:17 pm

Laedin took a breath before looking down at the cauldron and raising his wand to it. Scourgify.

So that didn't work. He tried again, and then again, before it worked. Doing it a few more times, he moved onto the next Charm. Tergeo.

Again, it didn't work. Casting it twice more, it finally worked and he grinned happily down at the cauldron whilst he cleaned it.
    Tobias Forsyte
    Tobias Forsyte
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Tobias Forsyte Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:26 am

Tobi took one look at the cauldron and figured he must have gotten the most disgusting one possible. He picked his wand up and pointed it at the cauldron and said, "Tergeo!" but nothing happened. He sat there for a second before trying the other spell. "Scourgify!" It seemed to be working but the thing was so crusted and grimy that it would take another few tries to get it completely clean. When he had finally gotten the cursed thing clean he smiled with satisfaction.

Post by Guest Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:53 am

Nat looked at Anna's cauldron, which got cleaner with every flick of a wand. She looked at her own, which was not as clean as her friend's. She had tried both spells, yet her result was not exactly the best.

"Tergeo," she muttered bitterly, and the cauldron was sparkling clean.

"Hey Anna!" she whispered. "Look!"
    Sel
    Sel
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Sel Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:06 am

Iris ignored the comment and looked for the instructions on her book. Stinking cauldron. Anyways, do now. Talk later. She kept on her mind. She swiftly followed the steps and said out loud, "Scourgify!" the messed up and dirty cauldron was cleaned. She would make things correct for the first try if she focused and followed clearly. Whew.
    J-Scarlet Lavigne
    J-Scarlet Lavigne
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by J-Scarlet Lavigne Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:45 am

J-Scarlet ran as fast as she can to Charms classroom. As she arrived, she noticed that she is absolutely late. Glancing to greet her charms professor, her professor looks so serious and strict. She was kinda nervous in entering the room but there's nothing she can do. So, she greeted her professor a good morning and apologized for her tardiness.

She looked for a seat at the corner where she can concentrate in doing the spell. After that she started practicing the most basic cleaning spell so called 'Scourgify'.

"Scourgify! Looks like it didn't work. I guess I have to try again" She said to her self waving the wand towards the dirty cauldron. As she cast the spell at the second time, it still didn't work but when she tried at the third time a light burst out of her wand and the dirty cauldron turned squeaky clean. Wink
    Madisen Lewis
    Madisen Lewis
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Madisen Lewis Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:18 am

Mad was patrolling the room when J-Scarlet arrived, apologizing for her tardiness.

"I imagine twenty points from Gryffindor will help motivate you to be on time next time," she stated. "Have a seat, Miss Lavigne. You will be practicing cleaning charms."

The professor continued around the class, giving an approving - if unsmiling - nod to several students who succeeded in getting their cauldrons clean. "Miss Finigan," she said in a warning tone when the girl spoke to her friend. She paused to correct the wand movements and pronunciation of a few who were having difficulties. She didn't expect everyone would perform the charm perfectly - not even she was that demanding or unreasonable - but she was pleased with how well the class in general was performing.

"Once you have finished," Mad said as she made another round, "you may start the reading for next class. You may also, if you like, begin outlining your essays on Drying Charms, on which, you will write three feet. If you wish to continue practicing, or try some of the other cleaning charms in your text, quietly fetch yourselves another cauldron from the side of the room. If you have any questions, raise your hands.

"There will be no other talking." She shot a look at Natalia as she said this, then, the room at large.

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:31 am

Alexis was finished, so she took another cauldron, this time she could clean it with a single Scourgify.
    Done with her practice,she pulled out a spare parchment and began to outline her essay.
    Spell Name: Arefax
    Source: Latin... soon she was emmersed in her work.
    Clarisse Valliere
    Clarisse Valliere
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Clarisse Valliere Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:45 am

Clarisse, done with her cauldron, relaxed a bit and pulled out a parchment and a quill, she began her essay.
    She listed the only one she knew and that was Calefax.
    An essay on only one spell? That won't do... She'll have to do some library research later...
    Sel
    Sel
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Sel Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:32 am

Iris got another cauldron and practiced the other spell. Once she was done, she thought of her essay.
    Alessa D'Angelo Romano
    Alessa D'Angelo Romano
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Alessa D'Angelo Romano Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:35 am

Alessa furrowed her brows. As far as I know, I haven't read anything about Drying Charms. She heard about Hot Air Charms, though, but she isn't sure about which to use. She looked at Alexis who's already scribbling things on her parchment, Iris, who is still practicing her charms and on Clarisse, who's probably clueless as well. She figured she might see them later at the library - some group study wouldn't hurt, would it?
    Train Reid
    Train Reid
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Train Reid Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:30 pm

Zayden, by then, finished her work thus, she began outlining her essay on Drying Charms.

Drying Charm
    Exaresco
    (Latin):"to become dry"
    Exaresco is a spell used to make water evaporate . . . . . .

Hmmm, I suppose I'll do some more research about this . .

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:43 pm

Nat looked coldly at the Professor before taking out a piece of parchment. She had no idea what to put on the parchment, really, so she vowed to herself to make a visit to the library later. With Anna, of course.
    Koehl Saeva
    Koehl Saeva
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Koehl Saeva Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:29 am

Koehl thought for a moment. Should I read ahead, or work on my essay, or even practice some more? She decided to work on some cauldrons some more. Koehl got a new one, and practiced Scourgify on it. The spell didn't work on the first or second try, it got half of the stain on the third, and finally got it on the fourth. Koehl smiled at the partially clean pot, and took out her charms book.

I might as well read ahead. I always do my best reading when its so quiet.
    Sel
    Sel
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Sel Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:26 am

Iris wondered when to pass the essay so she could prepare for it anytime soon. "Uhm Professor, when will the essay on Drying Charms be submitted?" She has some charms she had heard of long ago. Maybe she can include those on the essay. But further research needs to be done.
    Madisen Lewis
    Madisen Lewis
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Madisen Lewis Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:44 am

Mad inclined her head towards the girl who had asked when the essays were due. "Ah, yes. I suppose I did neglect to tell you." She cast her gaze about the classroom. "Your essays are due at the end of the week. As you may recall, I don't accept any late work, so be certain you have them complete."

((OOC NOTE: I will be collecting 'homework' at the beginning of every class.))

Last edited by Madisen Lewis on Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total
    Sel
    Sel
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Sel Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:25 am

"Thank you professor." Iris nodded and half-smiled.

Post by Guest Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:30 am

'Yes Professor' Alexis nodded.
    Madisen Lewis
    Madisen Lewis
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Madisen Lewis Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:49 am

"Class time is now over," Mad stated the moment that was the case. "You may now pack your things and leave.

"Dismissed."
    Sel
    Sel
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Sel Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:17 am

Iris immediately packed up her things when professor gave the signal. She turned to her friends and remembered their deal. Chocolate eating contest. She sighed and gave a mysterious smile at the thought.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:31 pm