Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

+2
Damian Gray
Katerina Pucey
6 posters

First Years Lesson 1

Katerina Pucey
    Katerina Pucey
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

First Years Lesson 1  Empty First Years Lesson 1

Post by Katerina Pucey Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:02 pm

Katerina sat rocked back and forth on her heels impatiently as she waited for her students. First years. Kat thought. They're always the funnest, so easily frightened and fascinated. She made a quick check on her Student's List and set it down on the small table she had situated in the grassy field.

Gryffindor:
    Tayla Wayland
    Sphyria Nitefall

Ravenclaw:
    Valerie Greenway
    Becky Greenway

Hufflepuff:
    Damian Gray
    Seth Boomer Forsyte

Slytherin:
    Patrik Walcott

The breeze was steady and moderate, swaying the Forbidden Forest's trees and making the Whomping Willow creak with it's old age. It was a peaceful setting and Katerina smiled to herself as she approached the Chestnut horse, hand poised to touch it.

The animal was not at all frightened, and did not feign shyness at the sight of her. Instead, it held it's head proudly as she ran her hand down it's sleek pack, giving it pat and a good "good boy". She stepped over to the small desk and grabbed a carrot before holding it out in her palm to the horse.

Hopefully the students would be arriving soon.

(OOC: You have until Wednesday to post. After Wednesday, you will be marked down as late or absent.)

Last edited by Katerina Pucey on Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:24 am; edited 3 times in total
    Damian Gray
    Damian Gray
    Other
    Other

First Years Lesson 1  Empty Re: First Years Lesson 1

Post by Damian Gray Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:08 pm

Damian arrived breathlessly for his first Care of Magical Creatures class, his blue eyes shining in excitement. He loved animals. They were better than people, he'd learned. People changed their minds about liking you for stupid reasons. Animals either liked you or they didn't, and usually, they only changed their minds if you were mean to them.

The boy grinned upon seeing the majestic creature that awaited him. "Hello, professor," Damian greeted, but his gaze remained fixed entirely upon the horse.
    Ezekiel Wolfe
    Ezekiel Wolfe
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Ezekiel Wolfe Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:28 pm

As Seth arrived at the appointed spot for class he noticed there was another Hufflepuff there. He said "Hello," to the professor and took notice of the horse before turning to the Hufflepuff and saying "Hello, my name is Seth."
    Damian Gray
    Damian Gray
    Other
    Other

Post by Damian Gray Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:29 am

Damian tore his gaze from the horse and greeted his housemate with a smile. "I'm Damian," he replied. "Looks like we're early - or maybe, everyone else is late."
    Katerina Pucey
    Katerina Pucey
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Katerina Pucey Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:26 pm

"So it would seem that everyone is very late." Kat mumbled. She glanced at the two students, the only two students, and smiled. "Well, a small group but it'll do."

She walked over to the winged horse and allowed her hand to glide gently down its back. "Who here can tell me exactly what this magical creature is?"

First Years Lesson 1  Aethon10
    Ezekiel Wolfe
    Ezekiel Wolfe
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Ezekiel Wolfe Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:59 pm

"If I had to take a guess Professor." Seth said, "I would say it is a Pegasus."
    Damian Gray
    Damian Gray
    Other
    Other

Post by Damian Gray Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:18 am

"Abraxans also have wings," Damian added to Seth's answer. "But they're a lot bigger and colored different. There's another that are gray, but I don't remember what those are called. This one..."

His face scrunched up a bit as he thought. "It's an Aeth... Aethonan, isn't it?"
    Valerie Greenway
    Valerie Greenway
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Valerie Greenway Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:26 am

Valerie ran to the class dragging her sister along haphazardly.

"Sorry we're late professor! We got stuck when one of the moving staircases decided to suddenly stop moving. Won't happen again, right Becky?" She asked with a pointed look at the almost identical girl next to her.

She noticed the large animal Professor Pucey was standing beside. "Woah. Talk about jumping in with both feet. That's just awesome!" She said.
    Rebecca Greenway
    Rebecca Greenway
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Rebecca Greenway Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:07 am

Becky rubbed her arm where her sister's rough handling caused a sore red mark, and scowled at Val's back. "Right." She growled slightly.

"What my sister forgot to do is introduce us. I am Rebecca Greenway, and this is my sister Valerie." Becky said to the teacher.

"What did you expect, flobberworms?" She hissed softly when she heard her sister's comment.
    Tayla Wayland
    Tayla Wayland
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Tayla Wayland Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:12 am

Tayla sprinted over to where she saw her class gathered and hunched over breathing heavily.
    "I'm so sorry Proffesor I overslept and couldn't find my way to the great hall to get outside!" she apoligised quickly to her Proffesor before glancing around at her classmates to Hufflepuff boys and two Ravenclaw girls who were almost identical.
    'Hmm' she thought 'no other Gryffindors or any Slytherins or at least any yet to arrive'
    Damian Gray
    Damian Gray
    Other
    Other

Post by Damian Gray Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:21 am

Damian had turned when Rebecca and Valerie arrived, his gaze resting just a bit longer on Rebecca. He was curious about her red eyes and near-white hair, but it was rude to stare, and would possibly be rude to ask. He thought it looked a bit cool.

A third girl arrived, panting and out of breath from running. Damian could empathize with getting lost. He had been late to Potions because he couldn't find the ruddy classroom in time.
    Katerina Pucey
    Katerina Pucey
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Katerina Pucey Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:39 am

Katerina nodded at the obvious twins, smiling at their antics. "Well, girls, I'm glad you did come to class. However, I must sorrowfully admit I have to take four points from Ravenclaw for being late."

Turning to Seth Kat smiled. "Close, very close. I think you're head is just a little stuck in the Muggle world. Nothing offensive, of course, just think a little more magical. . ."

"Excellent Mr. Gray! Five points to Huffelpuff." she praised. "Yes, everyone, this here is Frank-" she patted the horse who unveiled his wings and stretched them upwards as to not hit her. "and Frank here is an Aethonon. An Aethonon does belong to the Pegasus family, but he here is just chestnut -- which makes him stand out as an Aethonon.

"Aethonons are just simply brown winged horses. They can be found mainly in Britain where they roam solitary. They stay away from other Aethonons unless mating season where the males can become very aggressive towards each other and protective over females. Outside of mating season, however, the only Aethonon's you'll find together are a mother and a foal.

"These gentle giants can be domesticated and trained as any other horse can, except they must have elite exercise for the well-being of their health everyday. The name Aethonon is derived from the word Aethon which is one of the horses in Greek Mythology that pulled the chariot of Helios, the Sun god."

She glanced around at the students again. "Now, who would like to come pet Frank?"
    Valerie Greenway
    Valerie Greenway
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Valerie Greenway Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:56 pm

Val smiled ruefully, rubbing the back of her neck. Four points wasn't too bad, it was only two a piece.

"Well, we are first years. I kind of figured it'd be a little more, you know... boring. This is just awesome." Val whispered back to her sister.

"Oh, wow! Can I? Please?" She asked to the professor's offer.
    Katerina Pucey
    Katerina Pucey
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Katerina Pucey Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:26 am

Kat smiled. "Be my guest Miss Greenway." moving over so Valerie could pet Frank, she looked around at the other students. "Anyone else?"
    Valerie Greenway
    Valerie Greenway
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Valerie Greenway Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:47 am

Valerie grinned and moved forward to run her hands gently over the Aethenon's flank. "Oh wow, you're a handsome boy aren't you. I bet you get all the girl aethenons up in a tizzy."

She turned to the Professor. "Could he have an..." She glanced back at the noble looking creature, "An A-P-P-L-E? I nicked one from breakfast." She asked.
    Damian Gray
    Damian Gray
    Other
    Other

Post by Damian Gray Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:27 am

Damian grinned, moving forward to be the next to pet the majestic horse. He was beautiful.

"Stupid muggles have no idea what they're missing," he murmured quietly, a smug smile settling itself on his lips. "I love this place."
    Katerina Pucey
    Katerina Pucey
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Katerina Pucey Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:57 am

Kat laughed at Valerie's statement, thinking of how true it was -- poor lady Aethonons. "Of course you can." she replied to Valerie. "I think he'll love you forever if you do give him one."

Smiling at Damian, she couldn't help up but adore the glitter in his eyes as he pet Frank. With a shrug, Kat walked up behind Damian and levitated him onto Frank's back, giving the horse a light tap on butt to get it moving. "Have fun Damain! Hold on tight, he'll take you for a ride, that one will. But you can stay on if you manage to get a good grip on his mane." she winked. "Be a good boy, Frank." With that, the Aethonon took of at a fast flight with Damian firmly on his back.

Kat turned to the Valerie and the rest of the class with a twinkle in her blue eyes. "Alright, who's next?"
    Valerie Greenway
    Valerie Greenway
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Valerie Greenway Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:05 am

Valerie smiled softly and fed the aethenon the apple she had stashed away for later. She had kept it for herself, but of course there was far more where that came from in the kitchens.

She watched in awe as the handsome creature took off with a boy on its back. "Ooh, can I call dibs next? Pllleeeeaaase?" She begged, employing what her sister called 'Ultra Puppy Dog Eyes Level 2'.
    Rebecca Greenway
    Rebecca Greenway
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Rebecca Greenway Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:28 am

Becky rolled her eyes. Of course her sister had squirreled away food for later. The girl was a complete glutton. She laughed lightly when Val used one of the levels of puppy dog eyes. The girl was entirely predictable. To her anyway.

She cocked her head lightly in contemplation, before raising her hand. "I would like to go after my sister, if it's no bother." She said politely.
    Damian Gray
    Damian Gray
    Other
    Other

Post by Damian Gray Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:59 am

Damian's blue eyes widened as he suddenly found himself lifted onto the Aethonan's back. He threw his arms around its next as it started to move. He could feel the muscles along the horse's back move beneath him as it began to flap its powerful wings, lifting them into the air.

Damian held his breath a moment, then let out a loud whoop. Slowly, he sat up, gripping Frank's mane between his fingers. The world - the world looked so incredible from up here! He could see his classmates become ants and then disappear beneath him. Hogwarts itself appeared even more majestic from the air.

The boy threw one arm into the air, laughing in pure joy and wonder. Part of him hoped Theo would look out the window and see him as he passed.

"This is soo cool!" Damian exclaimed.

He brought his other hand back down and held on tightly as they came in for the landing, laughing again as Frank trotted back towards his professor and classmates.
    Ezekiel Wolfe
    Ezekiel Wolfe
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Ezekiel Wolfe Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:22 pm

*Wow," Seth said "That looks like fun! I would like to take a turn if we have time Professor."

Flying on a Aethenon would be an awesome experience Seth thought.
    Katerina Pucey
    Katerina Pucey
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Katerina Pucey Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:00 am

Katerina smiled at the look on Damian's face and was beaming when he finally landed, his hair windblown and his face practically splitting in half with his smile.

"Of course, everyone may have a turn. Valerie you go can next." she paused and turned to the girl. "Very nice puppy-dog eyes, but I have a brother, I can handle myself even with that evil look." she added with a wink.

"Miss. Greenway- Valerie, that is, step right up." Levitating the blond onto Frank's back, Kat gave the horse a little tap and off he went with Valerie. "Beck you may go next if you wish, then Seth."
    Damian Gray
    Damian Gray
    Other
    Other

Post by Damian Gray Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:53 am

Damian made an attempt at flattening his hair down, but wasn't sure how well he succeeded. He continued to smile, watching as one of the Ravenclaw girls - the sisters - flew off on Frank's back. The boy turned to the other one, the one with the red eyes and white hair. He smiled, stretching out a hand.

"I'm Damian," he said. "It's Rebecca, right?"
    Valerie Greenway
    Valerie Greenway
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Valerie Greenway Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:44 am

Valerie squealed in exhilaration as the powerful creature surged under her and into the air. She laughed in delight, adrenaline rushing through her veins. She gripped Franks mane, and let him soar over the grounds and back to the class.

She slid off, her face still alight with an exuberant grin. "Can I take him home with me? I'll feed him and love him and take really good care of him." Val offered the Professor jokingly. "That was honestly the awesomest thing ever! I think I know what my Patronous Memory will be, if I ever learn to cast the spell."
    Rebecca Greenway
    Rebecca Greenway
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Rebecca Greenway Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:53 am

Rebecca smiled at the boy. "Yeah, but most people tend to call me Becky. You may use either one." She said, taking the offered hand and shaking it. "How was your ride?" She asked excitedly, waiting for her sister to touch down so she could have a turn.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:53 pm