Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

+2
Alessa D'Angelo Romano
Sel
6 posters

Lesson 1 Second Years

Lesson 1 Second Years Empty Lesson 1 Second Years

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:43 am

Theolynne sat, idly. Sipping from her hot tea. She got up and sat her tea cup down to write on the board behind her.

Astronomy Second Years

Recap: What is the difference between Astronomy and Astrology?
    Sel
    Sel
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Lesson 1 Second Years Empty Re: Lesson 1 Second Years

Post by Sel Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:29 pm

Iris came into the room and saw she was the first. Why am I always early? She thought to herself and smiled. She bowed to the professor, "Good day Professor Gray."
    Alessa D'Angelo Romano
    Alessa D'Angelo Romano
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Alessa D'Angelo Romano Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:05 pm

Alessa entered the room while reading her Astronomy book, fascinated by facts and its stories. She realized that she's already inside, so she quickly closed the book and bowed lightly towards the professor. "Heya there Professor Gray!" she said with a smile.

She scanned the room, which was almost empty except for the fact that there's Iris. She waved and sat beside her. "Such coincidence, eh?" she said half sarcastic, laughing. "Did you sign up for flying lessons? I'm quite excited for it. I've been itching to ride a brromstick ever since the start of summer!"
    Sel
    Sel
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Sel Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:11 pm

"Yeah." She was so delighted to see Alessa. She then replied to the other question. "Not really. I prefer more of non-physical activities. And I think I'll be busy being an apprentice of a Divination Professor. Could you teach me soon if I like?" She laughed softly and told her friend. "You see, Professor Wyse expects students with special gifts. And I possess some of them. Now that's a secret. First person to tell at Hogwarts." She grinned.

Last edited by Iris Frances on Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total
    Alessa D'Angelo Romano
    Alessa D'Angelo Romano
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Alessa D'Angelo Romano Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:15 pm

Alessa shrugged slightly. "Oh well - yes, of course I'll teach you! I'd love to!" she said while grinning. "I've always wanted to teach someone how to fly. It'd be very fun, I swear."

She paused for a while. "Special talents?", she said, wondering. "Like... mind reading, and the such?"
    Sel
    Sel
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Sel Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:19 pm

"Not really. But I still want that for special reasons." She kidded, "Uhm, how will I put this? Oh, I see vivid dreams in my sleep regularly. It sometimes scares me or makes me happy. I always wonder if they will happen, but I'm sure some I saw are past memories." She smiled, hoping that were special enough. "It scares me because maybe those frightening visions will happen to me. I don't know what to do. Sudden visions while you're awake? still not happening. That would be weirder."
    Alessa D'Angelo Romano
    Alessa D'Angelo Romano
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Alessa D'Angelo Romano Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:37 pm

"Ooooh," she said, "Interesting. That could be an advantage - seeing visions, I mean. And seeing past memories would be awesome as well."

She paused said excitedly, "I know this first year that can read minds. Maybe you'd like to meet her? She's a Gryffindor, and she was raised by Muggles. She's really fascinating, though I only heard about her around the corridors. We should talk to her soon."
    Sel
    Sel
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Sel Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:07 pm

Iris brightened up from her gloomy story, which she define to herself. "Nice. Sure. What's her name? I'm sure she'd be a better apprentice than me." She stated the possible.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:33 pm

Theolynne smiled at the girls. "You two will need to finish that conversation out side of class. There is a question on the board I would like you to answer on a piece of parchment. Go now, get it done." She said picking up the book she'd been reading earlier that day.

Anna Tshering
    Anna Tshering
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Anna Tshering Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:48 am

Anna entered the classroom to see the question on the board. She knew what that meant, so she nearly took out a piece of parchment before she realized she was supposed to sit down. Looking around for seats, she found Lessy and Iris, and she sat next to them, answering the question.

The Differences Between Astronomy and Astrology
    By Annabeth Tshering, Second Year Ravenclaw

There are many differences between Astronomy and Astrology, though somehow, people, both Muggle and Wizard still manage to mix them up.

Astronomy is the study of planets and constellations. It focuses on how they look like, their properties and etcetera. It helps people to navigate the oceans and to find out what time it is. Astrology, however, is using the positions of planets and constellations to predict the future.

Even if the essay was short, Anna liked how it went.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:18 am

Nat walked into the classroom, smiling joyfully at the Professor before sitting down next to Anna. She looked at the question on the board, and quickly whipped up her parchment and started writing.
    Sel
    Sel
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Sel Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:32 am

Iris stopped talking and wrote on her parchment - not wanting to lose points again.

The Difference Between Astronomy and Astrology
    by Iris Jane Frances, Second Year Slytherin

Nowadays, majority of muggles and wizards are still negotiating about their difference. It can be because of their lack of knowledge, anticipation, and observation. But the truth is, there is a lot of things about the two that are not clearly alike. My opinion and explanation then concludes that:

Astronomy is the study - scientific for the muggles, of the sun, moon, stars, and the whole elements creating the universe. It also covers objects outside the earth's atmosphere. Meanwhile, astrology is the study of the movements and positions of planets and stars. They depend on the belief that they influence human behavior and destiny.
    Alessa D'Angelo Romano
    Alessa D'Angelo Romano
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Alessa D'Angelo Romano Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:25 am

She looked at the professor. "My apologies, Professor Gray. We'll get it finished right away," she said reassuringly.

She then took a piece of parchment out and started writing with her clean script writing, leaning down on her table, trying to think. I need a chocolate.

She pushed the thought away and started scribbling her name.

Alessa D'Angelo Romano
    Year Two, Slytherin

The Difference Between Astronomy and Astrology

Astronomy and astrology are two very similar sounding names with one very big difference. Astrology is a group of beliefs and schools of thought that posits that the relative positions of the sun, moon, stars and other celestial bodies can provide information about an individual’s personality or even fate. Meanwhile, astronomy is the scientific study of celestial bodies, and is often closely related to astrophysics. In short, astronomy is the study of the heavens, while astrology is the study of their effects on human beings.

It is easy to see how the two of them might have become confused with one another. After all, in ancient Mesopotamia, around 3000 to 3500 BC, the Sumerian priests would often study the night skies to draw portents of the future from the stars above them. However, while they did this, they were also recording the movements of the stars themselves, as well as those of the moon and its various phases. This activity combined both astrology and astronomy, and ever since, those who study the night sky can be considered astronomers or astrologists, though the difference lies chiefly in the objective with which they observe the heavens.

In contrast to astronomy, there is little to no scientific basis in astrology; in fact, most real scientists consider astrology a pseudoscience or superstition. However, just because a field of study cannot be proven with empirical data does not mean it does not mean it is wrong, or that it does not have supporters. In India, for example, belief in astrology is widely practiced, and even in developed and Westernized countries like Singapore, some traditionalists still believe in comparing the “sheng cheng ba zi,” or the “eight astrological signs of birth” between potential mates to ensure their compatibility. You might perhaps know your own star sign – that is in itself a form of astrology. While information derived from astrology not perfectly accurate, some might still find that it is accurate enough, and live with peace of mind by knowing.

She sighed as she sat up straight and looked at her parchment. She raised her hand with a smile and handed the paper to her professor.
    Sel
    Sel
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Sel Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:01 pm

Iris noticed Alessa turning in her parchment, so she did the same when she finished and smiled at her.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:11 pm

Thoelynne smiled as her students worked diligently on their answers, "Come now, hand 'em forward." She said walking around to pick them up. One she'd received a piece of parchment from every student she made her way back to the head of the classroom.

"Now as many of you should remember from last years teachings. Despite that this class is donned the name 'astronomy'. I will be teaching you both astronomy, and astrology." She flashed a smile, "This year we will focus on Astrology."

Astrology. She Wrote on the board.

"Can any one guess as to why I would choose to start off with, or teacher it to you at all, Astrology. When the class is so blatantly named Astronomy?" She asked, moving about the classroom.
    Alicia Wood
    Alicia Wood
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Alicia Wood Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:02 pm

Alicia grimaced. She could hear Professor Gray asking for people to hand things forward from outside the door. Glancing at her watch, she sighed and then strode into the classroom, taking a seat off to the side of the classroom and digging through her bag for her ink, quill and a piece of parchment.
    Tobias Forsyte
    Tobias Forsyte
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Tobias Forsyte Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:38 am

As Tobi arrived late to class he thought great there goes some Hufflepuff House points. As he came in he heard the professor ask why she should even teach them Astrology. He replied as he sat down "Because Astrology is the more exciting of the two?"

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:36 am

Theolynne smiled, and let out a small laugh. "Yes, one could say that. But that is not the only reason. Astrology can tell you the most basics of a person if you are well versed. Take yourself for example, Mr. Forsyte. I can tell you right now that you are a Scorpio, am I right?" She looked at the student who had arrived late, "And you, Ms. Wood. You are a leo."

"Many people may argue, but I am a firm believer that your astrological signs have a direct effect on your person. Take myself example. I am a capricorn. Hard headed and stubborn to the core. Capricorns in their truest of expression, are ambitious and practical. They also have an offbeat sense of humor that can erupt at the most random and unexpected of moments." She laughed slightly, "Now if you can find a more perfect way to describe me, I'll be very surprised."

Lesson 1 Second Years Empty Lesson 1

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:16 am

Alexis peered through the door, she was fascinated by sunsigns too. Though she hoped the Professor's good mood won't vanish for her being late.
    'May I come in Professor?' she called.
    Anna Tshering
    Anna Tshering
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Anna Tshering Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:05 pm

"I'm pretty sure I'm an Aries," Anna laughed, talking to Nat. "I mean, look at me. I'm competitive, impulsive and I do have that act-first-think-later attitude sometimes."
    Alicia Wood
    Alicia Wood
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Alicia Wood Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:20 pm

Alicia nodded, trying not to look too surprised. She'd known she was a leo since her mom had done her horiscope using a muggle newspaper a few years back, but she wasn't exactly sure which traits went with the title.
    Putting up her hand, she smiled sheepishly. "So, professor, did you ask us about astrology first because people often confuse it with astronomy?"

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:30 pm

Theolynne shook her head, "No. That is not why I asked you. This year." She began turning to to board.

Astronomy Second Years
    Astrology

After making the changes she continued, "We will be focusing completely on Astrology."

Lesson 1 Second Years Empty Lesson 1

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:41 pm

Alexis leaned forward in her seat at the back, this is going to be an interesting lesson.

Post by Guest Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:40 am

Nat started fiddling with her hair, simply excited to whatever she was going to learn.
    Alicia Wood
    Alicia Wood
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Alicia Wood Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:56 am

Alicia smiled. Astronomy sounded like fun, but astrology was definitely interesting too. She wondered idly what other parts of astrology they might cover, aside from the signs and their respective traits.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:40 pm