Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

The Place I Feel the Most like Me || OPEN

danie
    danie
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

The Place I Feel the Most like Me || OPEN Empty The Place I Feel the Most like Me || OPEN

Post by danie Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:34 am

Anya sat down in a chair and opened her book on page 284 for "The Neverending Story." She was quite immersed in it and lost all her ability to recognize what was going around her. She hadn't even heard the argument that had gone on loudly just a few steps away from her. You could say that was why Anya loved reading her books. She never had to care what was going around her because of it.

Books always held a special interest in her heart and could always find a way to make one interesting even it it was the most boring one of them all.

She finally decided that she's read enough, closed the book, raised her feet on the seat so her head can rest on her knees. Sometimes, although living in a magical world, Anya wished she had the ability to jump into books and change things. Merlin knows she would change the history of some of the horrid-books she's read.

TC: Belongs to Meg and Dia's song. I think they deserve some credit for an amazing song like that.
    Yefrem Lagunov
    Yefrem Lagunov
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

The Place I Feel the Most like Me || OPEN Empty Re: The Place I Feel the Most like Me || OPEN

Post by Yefrem Lagunov Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:18 pm

Yefrem was sitting alone in the common room. His eyes kept travelling back to this one girl, all alone. She looked completely absorbed in a book. There was nothing to do, so Yefrem decided to go talk to her.

"Deep in thought?" he asked her, when she'd put the book down.
    danie
    danie
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

The Place I Feel the Most like Me || OPEN Empty Re: The Place I Feel the Most like Me || OPEN

Post by danie Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:28 am

Anya tensed up when someone spoke up. She looked up to see a boy who looked around her age.

She smiled lightly when he asked her a question. "You can say that."

She was quiet for a moment, before she poke up again, "Are you new? I don't think I've ever see you here before."
    Yefrem Lagunov
    Yefrem Lagunov
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Yefrem Lagunov Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:55 am

Yefrem smiled, "Yes, I'm new."
    He thought for a while, and looked at her again. "So, what were you thinking about?"
    danie
    danie
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by danie Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:26 pm

"That would explain why I've never seen you before," Anya replied. "I'm Anastasia but Anya is what I'm often called. I'm a third year and obviously I'm in Hrabrost."

She thought for a moment, unsure what her answer should be. She didn't know the boy and the last thing she wanted was to tell him what her family was like. She only covered the "nice" things her parents would do to her friends. What's the muggle saying? Telling a stranger is better than telling your friends? She shook that thought from her mind, telling herself that was dumb. Her friends would never judge her.

"I'm thinking about what the characters in the book," she said, deciding what to say. "Have you ever read The Neverending Story?"

Last edited by Anastasia Marie Telsa on Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:18 am; edited 1 time in total
    Yefrem Lagunov
    Yefrem Lagunov
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Yefrem Lagunov Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:22 pm

"Yes, it would," Yefem said. "Nice to meet you, I'm Yefrem."
    He thought about her question for a while, and then replied; "I can't remember to, but I'm sure my sister has. Characters eh? Whenever my sister Valentina reads, her opinion of them is all over the place. You can hear her muttering about who she likes and who she doesn't."

Yefrem laughed at the memory. She was so funny when she was like that.
    "Do you like The Neverending Story, then?" he asked.
    danie
    danie
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by danie Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:55 pm

"Well, who wouldn't blame her," she grinned. "Everybody has their likes and dislikes when it comes to books."

Anya nodded, "Well, I've never read it entirely before but I'm loving it so far. Do you like to read?"

Yefrem Lagunov
    Yefrem Lagunov
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Yefrem Lagunov Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:14 pm

"Yes, I suppose," Yefem smiled thoughtfully. "It's funny, though. When she doesn't like the ending she starts yelling at the book. Also funny."

"Like to read? Well I don't really read much, but when I do, I only like books that end the way I want them to," he sighed. "Otherwise I get as annoyed as Valentina. You like to read, don't you?"
    danie
    danie
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by danie Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:38 am

"Then I suppose your sister, you and I have things in common," Anya laughed lightly as she thought of all the times she 'accidently' burned books when the ending didn't appeal to her. Of course, back then she didn't get in trouble for breaking or burning things... she caught herself before letting her mind drift to unpleasant thoughts.

"Well I hope you don't read the endings first because then there's no point of reading the book," she smiled. "What books have you read that you haven't dismantled yet?"

"You said you're a fourth year, where did you attend before Durmstrang?" She asked, hoping she wasn't probing any terrible territory.
    Yefrem Lagunov
    Yefrem Lagunov
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Yefrem Lagunov Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:44 pm

"Mabye we do," sighed Yefrem. "You hate endings that are just terrible too? I never pick up a book that has a horribe ending ever again. It just depresses me."

"No, of course I don't," he laughed, not overthinking it. "Well, first of all, I've met several horrifying stories. I mean, not just the endings, but a lot of things are wrong, like the characters are not very sane or realistic. The plot is also dull, and when I finally get towards the end, it is just so annoying that it can never be right. And those poor, stupid characters live happily ever after. Sorry, I'm rambling here."

Yefrem lowered his head. "I-I didn't really go to school much. I'd spend too much time having fallen out of things, fallen onto things, crashing with things, so I spent some time in a hospital room every day."
    He smiled weakly, and continued. "My parents eventually started to try to put a stop to all the adventure, and tried to get people to talk to me about safety first. It was very lame, and they treated me like a five year old, so they seemed to think I was crazy, when all I was is an accident prone who loves adventure. They decided that I was pretty much crazy, and well..."

He trailed off, refusing to meet her eye. "So, you run into any bad endings?"
    danie
    danie
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by danie Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:47 am

"I do hate terrible endings," Anya confessed. "If I read a book and I don't like the ending but I like the rest, I might pick it up and just stop reading it when the sad part comes along."

"There are some characters that are really dull," she agreed, laughing lightly. "And yes, there are some that just seem unrealistic or some that you just want to lock them in a cellar or perhaps make some of them disappear mysteriously. But that's okay. I understand why you're rambling. I've read books where I just feel that the main characters doesn't deserve a happy ending..."

"Well, you don't seem crazy to me," Anya smiled softly, telling the boy the truth. "I mean, so far you've acted pretty sane. And so what if you like to adventure? I wish I had as much as adventure sense like you say you have! But you're far from home so they can't stop you now!" She then laughed.

He should be considered sort of lucky Anya thought to herself. She would rather have her parents claim her as crazy than try to make sure she dies within the summer holidays.

"Uhm, bad endings?" She asked. She hoped to Merlin he meant books. She wasn't much to open about her family life. Not that I have a good one to brag about... Anya then thought. Mentally rolling her eyes at her useless thoughts, she plastered a smile on her face, "Well there's this one book called Twilight that a lot of people seem to be obsessed about. It's an alright book but the ending is just annoying. I mean the government of these vampires just set the rules aside for this one girl. I mean sure, she gets a happy ending but she's one of those that I just want to make them disappear and oh please don't let me get started with the main male character of the book," she laughed.

"What about you? Any bad endings?"
    Yefrem Lagunov
    Yefrem Lagunov
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Yefrem Lagunov Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:31 pm

"Who doesn't?" Yefrem smiled. "I've never really considered reading it like that. It just never occurred to me. Oh well."

"Yeah, I hate those awful characters," he said. "And no, they really don't deserve a happy ending."

"Not crazy?" Yefrem sighed. "First time I believe that in years. And well, I suppose having a sense for adventure is a good thing. I suppose I'll try to limit the amount of trees I fall out of." He laughed. It was unusual for someone to think he was pretty sane. Very unusual...

Yefrem tilted his head; "Twilight? I think I've heard about it, but I can't remember reading it...."

"Loads," he grinned. "Well, I once read this book called Wolf Brother. I loved the story, but at the end it just failed. As if the author had just gotten sick of writing. It annoyed me so much, I almost threw it out an open window." He chuckled at the memory.

"So, when do I get to know you?" Yefrem smirked.
    danie
    danie
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by danie Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:29 pm

"I've never fallen out of a tree," Anya said thoughtfully. Now that she thought about it, she wasn't much of a clumsy person or a person to go out in a adventure if her friends weren't there. She tweaked her lips slightly to the left, "I guess I should change that, huh?" She joked.

"I've never heard of that book" She said sadly. "But I've heard about a book called Brother Bear or something like that. But what's the book about? Perhaps I'll read it next after this book!" Anya grinned and laughed at the comment of him almost throwing it out the window.

Anya's face instantly became still as he asked a question with a smirk. She felt the heat rise to her face and her normal composure quickly evolved into a shy one.

"I, uh, what?" She stuttered, her face probably becoming as redder than a tomato. "I mean, uhm aren't we getting to know each other right now?" She didn't know how to handle this kind of situation since she was never really in one before.
    Yefrem Lagunov
    Yefrem Lagunov
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Yefrem Lagunov Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:45 pm

"You'd better," laughed Yefrem. "It's a very fun experience that I never seem to learn from." It was true. He'd fallen out enough times for a halfway sane person to just stop climbing them. Luckily, he wasn't halfway sane.

"No, well," he smiled. "I've never heard of this Brother Bear book, though." It truthfully sounded like an interesting book. Mabye he'd see if he could get his hands on it. Valentina might know.

Yefrem was very confused when she all of a sudden went a bit... Different.
    "I didn't mean anything, it's just-"
    He decided not to continue and looked at his feet.

"You really seem to like books," he sighed after a while. "Why is that?"
    danie
    danie
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by danie Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:55 am

"Okay so next time I step outside, I'll go on a tree and throw myself out of it," she joked good-naturedly. "But you better be there to catch me!"

"I think it's Touching Spirit Bear now that I think about it," Anya shrugged. "I think it's about this boy who's not very kind and is left in an island by himself."

"I'm sorry. I, erm, I didn't mean to..." Anya let out an awkward cough, drifting off softly.

"You could say books are my escape from reality," she confessed. "I guess you could also add that I'm not one with the best child hood home."
    Yefrem Lagunov
    Yefrem Lagunov
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Yefrem Lagunov Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:08 pm

"All right," Yefrem laughed. "I'll make a mental note to do that. And if I should be so unlucky and not be there, what should I do? Run for my life?"

"Touching Spirit Bear sounds even better!" he smiled. "And I suppose he deserved it, too."

"Uhh, all right," he sighed, trying to just drop it all.

"Escape reality," Yefrem mused. "I never thought of reading that way, I suppose. Not the best childhood home? What do you mean?"
    danie
    danie
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by danie Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:53 pm

"Run for your life sounds good," she joked and laughed. "Or taking me to the Infirmary would be quite nice too."

When he asked about by what she meant, she mentally slapped herself for letting that slip. She chewed on her lip slightly in worry. More than half of her brain was telling her to lie. That was her first instinct when it came to talking about family when people she knew asked for an elaboration: lie.

But he had talked about his and if she lied, she would feel bad. Anya mentally sighed, deciding that telling him was her best bet.

"Let's just say that my parents views and mine don't necessarily correlate, even up until now," she said with a sad smile.
    Yefrem Lagunov
    Yefrem Lagunov
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Yefrem Lagunov Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:28 pm

"I'll do what feels right," Yefrem beamed. "But when you fall out, expect a few broken limbs. If you're a beginner that is. You get better at finding where to fall."

His smile faltered as she told him just a little of her family. It was enough for him to understand.

"Oh," he murmured. "That sounds... um." Yefrem didn't really feel like finishing, and merely looked at her, hoping she'd explain further.
    danie
    danie
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by danie Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:35 pm

She gasped playfully, "You wouldn't leave me there! What if I fell hard enough to pass out?!"

She frowned at the idea of having a few broken limbs, "Well maybe then I shouldn't..." She shuddered at the idea of having broken bones. The idea of being in the infirmary scared her slightly even more. She quickly rolled her eyes mentally, knowing there was a slight chance of breaking bones.

"Let's put it this way," she said once he looked at her. "My family comes from a long pure-blood line and any different idea of supremacy is like offending them. I am the exception and when they found out when I was younger, nothing has been much the same."
    Yefrem Lagunov
    Yefrem Lagunov
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Yefrem Lagunov Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:21 pm

"If you fell hard enough to pass out, I'd try to wake you," Yefrem smirked. "If I'm feeling like being good."

He laughed. There was always a risk of breaking limbs. "You now have to, sadly." Falling out of trees was very risky, but fun if you knew where to fall.

"Not good," Yefrem sighed. "I honestly can't believe it when people think that way. Is it really that bad?"
    danie
    danie
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by danie Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:48 pm

"Well aren't you just that nicest person in the entire world!" Anya joked. "You'd leave me dying there, wouldn't you?!"

"You're going to make me now?" She asked, sticking her tongue out playfully. "I'm sure you'd love to throw me off a tree now so I can experience it!"

Anya shrugged, "I guess after some time you get used to it." She didn't really want to go into detail about her life. She didn't want to to go over all the times she's over heard them plotting her accidental death or the times one of unforgivable curses was placed on her. Anya is a strong girl and although she sometimes doubted that, it was known fact among her friends.
    Yefrem Lagunov
    Yefrem Lagunov
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Yefrem Lagunov Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:33 pm

"Yes, I would," Yefrem joked. "Depends on if you gave me a good reason to save you." He laughed and threw his arms into the air dramatically.

"And I am going to make you now so no turning back," he grinned. "If it's what it takes, I'd throw you off a tree."

"You get used to it?" Yefrem tried not to sound as angry as he was. Their own daughter? He thought to himself. How?

"Look," he said firmly, taking her hand. "You seem like a great person, and I'm sure you don't deserve it at all. How can they think about you that way? I'm sorry if it's personal, you don't have to answer."
    danie
    danie
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by danie Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:53 am

"Well then!" Anya said as dramatically as he had, "Shall I give you a proper reason for you to save me? State your reasons, young sire!" She then laughed. She was letting her walls down slightly and figured that it was okay. For once, Anya was okay with letting her guard down.

She sighed jokingly, "Fine but we have to build up to that. You know? Maybe jump of a table first, then a chair, then uh.... well something else."

Her guard shot up quickly and tried to remove her hand from his to no avail. She glared at him slightly but her eyes were beginning to water, "Because I'm their Merlin-damned blood traitor of a daughter among their circle of damned blood supremacy friends. Of course after years of this I'm going to be used to their insults, the glares, their curs-." She stopped talking when she realized she was going to say curses. She looked away, avoiding his gaze.

"I'll be fine," she muttered, blushing lightly when she realized he was still holding her hand and kept her gaze away from him shyly.
    Yefrem Lagunov
    Yefrem Lagunov
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Yefrem Lagunov Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:14 pm

"State my reasons?" Yefrem laughed. "And I should do that why?"

He sighed dramatically. "I suppose. But in the end, you're jumping off something so high you'll be able to touch the clouds." he smiled. "I'll enjoy that."

"It's all right," Yefrem murmured. "I'm sorry." He refused to let go of her hand, no matter how much she struggled.

"All right," he said, realizing her hand was still in his. "Um..." He let go and developed a sudden interest in the floor.
    danie
    danie
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by danie Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:10 pm

"You know! State the reasons of what I should do if I ever need you to save me!" She laughed. "Do I have to do your homework for a week? Month? Do I have to be your partner at whatever class we have together?"

Anya grinned happily, "I would love to touch the sky one day without having to use broomstick!"

She had exploded. Anya's wall fell down instantly the moment she said the things about her parents. Sure, she hadn't said the entire thing which also included her siblings.

When he let go of her hand, she couldn't help but feel her heart sink slightly. She blushed an unflattering tomato red color as she sunk slightly into her chair...

"I'm sorry," she felt guilty for dumping this on him however she felt slightly relieved that she didn't have to carry all of that on her shoulders anymore but the guilt was beginning to win the more she thought about it. "I probably sound like some wierdo for dumping all of this on you. I-I'd understand if you never wanted to talk to me again."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 3:45 am