Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

A Talking To. (Theolynne and Damian)

Damian Gray
    Damian Gray
    Other
    Other

A Talking To. (Theolynne and Damian) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Talking To. (Theolynne and Damian)

Post by Damian Gray Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:33 am

"I'm gonna have the greatest wand, ever!" Damian declared. "Ah, I can't wait until I can own a broom, though. I've been saving my allowance."

He started rattling on about the various classes and the merits of each, finally deciding upon which he absolutely had to take. There were eight of them.

"Maybe I should take Occlumency instead of Flying, but I really wanna learn how to fly. What do you think, Theo? I don't wanna take too many." Damian frowned in thought, trying to decide what he should do.

A Talking To. (Theolynne and Damian) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Talking To. (Theolynne and Damian)

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:01 am

"I can teach you how to fly." She said happily, she loved to see her brother so carefree. She wouldn't tell him the biggest surprise of the day. She was not only going to by him all his school supplies, but the newest Firebolt as well. "I'd go with occlumency." She said taking a sip of her iced tea.

"And yes, you will have the greatest wand ever. And you will be the greatest wizard that ever was." She said grandly. She didn't know, then, just how seriously her brother would take that statement.
    Damian Gray
    Damian Gray
    Other
    Other

Post by Damian Gray Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:34 am

"Really?" Damian grinned. "I'll definitely sign up for Occlumency, then."

The boy puffed with pride at Theo's declaration that he'd be the greatest wizard ever. At that moment, he determined that he would do just that. He would wipe the names of all other wizards from history with his greatness. Damian would prove his sister right; he would make her proud.

His gaze studied their surroundings. He smiled as an owl passed by to deliver a letter to a nearby shop. He liked animals. Maybe he would spend a bit of his allowance and get himself an owl? He could name it... Maximus. That was a grand name. Yes, he would get himself an owl for school and name him Max.

"Can we stop at the Owl Emporium, too?" he asked. He patted his pocket, where he always kept his money. "I wanna have an owl."

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:42 am

There was flash of something dark, something determined, on Damian's face; but Theolynne quickly disregarded it. "Of course we will, and dont you think about spending any of that money of yours on your owl; or anything else for that matter. I'm paying for it. But first" She said softly, calling a waiter over. "We feast." She smiled playfully at her brother and ordered a simple salad.

Damian Gray
    Damian Gray
    Other
    Other

Post by Damian Gray Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:52 am

Damian ordered a sandwich and some chips, smiling happily to himself. He had the best sister in the world! No one else's sister could even compare to Theo. She was just too awesome and cool and fun. And they would always be close, he just knew it.

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:59 am

Theolyne smiled occasionally at her brother, they mostly ate in silence. She was so excited that he was coming to Hogwarts in just a few months. She'd be able to watch over him, and mentor him, and be the magical mentor he never had. Once she was finished, she put down a few galleons on the table and stood up. "Shall we go shopping now, Dame?" She asked holding out her hand for her little brother to take.
    Damian Gray
    Damian Gray
    Other
    Other

Post by Damian Gray Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:09 am

Damian happily took his sister's hand. Almost-eleven was a bit old to be holding hands with one's sister, but Damian didn't care.

"We should get my books 'n stuff, first, right?" he questioned knowingly. "That way, Maximus won't get uncomfortable going to all the noisy shops." He began to talk about the various supplies he needed, and how he was going to choose the cleverest owl he could find.

"And I bet I'll look real cool in my school robes, yeah? I like the hats - they're kind funny, though. Where do you think I'll be sorted? I don't care much, all the Houses have their good and bad points. An' the Sorting Hat's really old, so I reckon he knows what he's doing." And on he chattered, just happy to be spending time with his big sister.

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:17 am

"Slow down turbo!" Theolynne laughed, ruffling her brothers hair. "And books it is." She said smiling, leading him into a book store. "And then your wand, and then robs, and then we can go get yourself an owl."

She loved her brother so much, it was hard to explain. Even to people who had siblings, themselves; Damian and Theolynne had this weird connection. If they were any where close to one another, they could feel each other's emotions.

A young genial woman came over to the pair, "What can I get for you two? I take it someone is going into Hogwarts. But you cannot be his mother..." The woman said trailing off.

Theolynne laughed, "No, I'm just the big sis. Dame, you go with this nice lady; she'll help you get your books. I'll be right back."
    Damian Gray
    Damian Gray
    Other
    Other

Post by Damian Gray Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:24 am

"Okay, Theo," Damian responded, then turned to the shop-worker.

"Hello, ma'am," he said politely. "I'm a first-year this year. I'm gonna be taking eight classes, though, 'cause I want to learn everything! I might drop some if it doesn't work out."

The woman chuckled at how proper and talkative the boy was. "Alright, well, which classes are you going to be taking, little bookworm."

"I'm gonna take Charms, Tranfiguration, Potions, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Care of Magical Creatures, Astronomy - my sis is teaching that - Wizard Duelling, and Occlumency," Damian rattled off, a bit breathless by the end.

Her brows raised slightly. "That is quite a class-load, young man," she remarked.

"I know," stated Damian, "but I'm smart."

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:34 am

Theolynne smiled as she walked into the broomstick boutique. "Theolynne! Dear, I haven't seen you since hogwarts!" A girl called out, running from behind the counter and capturing Theo in a hug.

"Elle!" Theolynne said happily, hugging the larger girl back. "How are you?" She asked smiling widely.

Elle had been in Slytherin, with Theolynne during their stay at hogwarts. "I'm good. I work here now, with the pops. You know, Scorpius Malfoy asked about you the other day." She said flashing her old friend a wicked smirk.

"Oh god! Its been six years since I've been that prat." She whispered walking over to the show case of the newest models of brooms. "Which one is the best? Dame is finally going into Hogwarts, and its a surprise."

Elle laughed, "That one there, its the Firebolt 500, its the fastest broom to date. And I know you secretly miss Scorpius. Everyone misses their first love."

Theolynne shot her friend a nasty look, "I did not love Scorpius, he was an ass who only wanted in my pants. Besides isn't he married to someone now? He's what, 23?"

Elle dropped the subject, sensing that her friend was still touchy. "I'll ring you up."

Theolynne sighed as she walked back, empty handed, to the shop where she'd left Dame. She was angry at Elle for brining up Scorpius. It was a long since passed fling that ended up terribly. And now she was in a ruddy mood.

"Dame?" She called looking for her brother.
    Damian Gray
    Damian Gray
    Other
    Other

Post by Damian Gray Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:43 am

"Here, Theo!" Damian appeared from behind a shelf. He was a bit short for his age, though he was lean and strong from all the fighting he'd been doing with the other boys.

He quickly went over to his sister, looking up at her worriedly. "What's wrong?" he asked, frowning. He could feel how unhappy she was and knew she hadn't been in such a mood when she left the shop. "You didn't see that one prat from when you went to school, didja?" Damian could still remember his sister crying over some guy with a funny name. He scowled at the thought. When he was grown, no one was messing with his sister, again.

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:48 am

Theolynne shook her head, "No, just an old friend." She whispered dropping down to his level. She smiled at him, "I have a surprise for you." She said softly. Disregarding the thoughts of Scorpius.
    Damian Gray
    Damian Gray
    Other
    Other

Post by Damian Gray Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:57 am

"You do?" Damian asked, blue eyes wide with curiosity. He tried to think of all the things it could possibly be, but came up short. He already knew she was going to get him an owl, after all, and his school supplies were necessary. "What is it?"

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:01 am

Theolynne leant in closer to her brother, her lips at his ear. "Accio.." She began, smiling. "Firebolt." She finished.

Sure enough, a brand new Firebolt 500 came zooming into the store and dropped at their feet. "Surprise." She said standing up and handing her brother the new broom. "Its the fastest broom ever made, just came out yesterday."

She smiled at her brother, his blue eyes wide with excitement. "Go on, read the handle." She stated excitedly.

To the best brother a girl could ask for. Dont let anyone tell you you are less than anything but great. To the greatest wizard of all time, enjoy you're life. Its the only one you get. Love, Theo.
    Damian Gray
    Damian Gray
    Other
    Other

Post by Damian Gray Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:07 am

Damian threw his arms around his sister in a crushing hug - well, as crushing a hug as a rather small almost-eleven-year-old could give, anyhow. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" he exclaimed, practically jumping up and down. "I can't have it in my dorm this year, though. You'll keep it in your quarters for me, won't you, Theo? It's the best broom, ever! I'll keep it forever and ever and even when a new model comes out, it'll still be the best broom. Thank you, Theo!"

He hugged her again, his enthusiastic grin practically splitting his young face in two. His blue eyes shone happily, and at that moment, the hardships he had endured at the hands of his classmates were entirely forgotten and he was simply a young boy, again, thrilled with being alive.

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:13 am

"Of course I will!" She said smiling at her joyous brother. She would spend every once of money she had, give up everything and anything, to see her brother like this all the time. "Did you get your books? Shall we go get a wand now?" She asked smiling at the lady who had a pile of books stacked on the counter.

Theolynne walked over and paid for the lot of books. Having the woman send them to her quarters at Hogwarts, so Dame wouldn't have to pack them all up and risk loosing them as he sometimes did.

She walked back over to her brother. "Wand time. Mr. Olivander's Wand shop is still up and running. Thats where only the greatest witches and wizards get their wands. Harry Potter got his wand there, as did I. And almost everyone I know."
    Damian Gray
    Damian Gray
    Other
    Other

Post by Damian Gray Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:20 am

"And the whole shop is stacked floor to ceiling with wand boxes!" Damian laughed. He remembered the stories well, even if he hadn't been in that particular shop before. He couldn't wait to see what sort of wand he would get. It would be the best, though. He walked along quietly, for once, trying to imagine what his wand would be like...

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:32 am

Theolynne opened the door for her little brother, Mr.Olivander, a much older man walked over to them. "Miss Gray. I see you have brought the youngest Gray into get a wand." He said jovially.

"Young Mr. Gray. Let me see...." He mused walking back to a particular shelf. "Hm. Lets see. Yes, Yes. Try this one out." He said handing it to Damian. "10 inches, Willow like your sisters, unicorn hair."

As soon as Damian touched the wand, a yellow light exploded knocking Mr. Olivander back. "NO! Definitely not that." He said taking the wand back, and replacing it.

He grabbed another one off of a shelf. "This one... Hm. Wouldn't that be odd?" He mused, handing the wand to Damian. "11 inches, Oak, Dragon Heart string." He said softly, mysteriously.

Theolynne always got a kick out of watching Mr. Olivander match people to their wands, he was such a character.
    Damian Gray
    Damian Gray
    Other
    Other

Post by Damian Gray Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:40 am

Damian let out a soft laugh at the burst of light from the first want he'd tried. He decided he liked Mr. Ollivander.

Eagerly taking the second wand offered to him, Damian took in a sharp breath and held it. This was the wand. He could sense it. A feeling of rightness washed over him as the wand settled in his palm, a warm bright red glow spreading out from the end of the wand as papers rustled softly around.

"Why would it be odd?" Damian asked eagerly, grinning at the incredible feeling inside him. He gazed at the old wizard expectantly.

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:46 am

Mr. Olivander got a funny look on his face. "The Dragon who's heart string lies in your wand, just happened to be the cause of the final death for the Phoenix who's feather lies in your sister's wand." He said softly.

Theolynne was taken aback by the information, not that she was superstitious at all but that was a foreboding sign for sure. Thoroughly freaked out, Theolynne handed Mr. Olivander his money, thanked him, and nearly pulled Damian out of the shop.

"Robes, now?" She whispered, a bit shaken up.
    Damian Gray
    Damian Gray
    Other
    Other

Post by Damian Gray Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:51 am

Damian nodded bewilderedly as he walked alongside his sister. He could sense how shaken she was and he didn't quite understand it. Of course, he knew from reading that it was very difficult to kill a Phoenix, but surely, it was merely coincidence? Damian would never do anything to hurt his sister, after all. Never.

He smiled, trying to cheer her up again. "Think I'll look handsome in my school robes, Theo?"

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:56 am

Theolynne smiled at her brother, "You look handsome always. I think you will look especially so in school robes, you know what they say. A woman loves a man in uniform." She said playfully.

Once they entered the shop, the shop keeper came over to them. "Deary, here for new robes?" She asked Theolynne.

"Uh, no. I'm a professor, My brother here he needed robes." She said softly, laughing at the older woman's mistake for her age.

"What house is he in?" She asked running over to grab some black fabric. "Do you know?"

"He hasn't been sorted, but I know he will be in Hufflepuff." Theolynne replied a bit loudly, so the woman who was across the store could hear her.
    Damian Gray
    Damian Gray
    Other
    Other

Post by Damian Gray Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:59 am

Damian wrinkled his nose a bit at her certainty. "Why Hufflepuff?" he asked curiously. "What if I'm in Slytherin, Gryffindor, or Ravenclaw? I'm cunning, brave, and smart, too, y'know."

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:11 am

Theolynne sighed, running a thin hand through her thin hair. "Yes, you are very much all three of those things. But you are fiercely loyal. And you're a leader, and in Hufflepuff you will be able to lead a whole house; whereas other houses will not allow you to do so. Besides, I've spent the last ten years of my life around Hufflepuff's, and you remind me of them. Its a great house." She said softly.

She didn't believe that, at least she didn't when she was growing up. When she was in school she used to make fun of Hufflepuffs because they were the 'outcast' house. But after working one on one with them, she realized just how great of a house they really were. It was there that the best of her brother would shine, or so she though.

The nice older woman came back with black and yellow fabric, "Hufflepuff it is." She said, using her wand to quickly take measurements of Damian. "The robes will be done in... ten minutes or so. Go ahead and shop more, and then come back." She stated walking back to her work station, to start her work.

"So...owl time?" Theolynne asked her brother lightly.
    Damian Gray
    Damian Gray
    Other
    Other

Post by Damian Gray Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:36 am

"And if you're wrong, you'll hafta charm them different colors," Damian teased his sister. He didn't necessarily think she'd be wrong, though. No matter where he went, he would work hard and prove himself, regardless of who he was surrounded by.

Damian led the way to Eyelop's, practically running the whole way. He moved from one cage to the next, smiling at each of the wonderful birds. A barn owl hooted at him as he approached its cage and Damian grinned. "Hi," he told it. He was closely regarded by a Great Horned owl as he passed. A particularly lovely Snowy owl turned its head to regard him sideways.

It wasn't until he'd reached the cage of a Tawny owl, however, that the boy came to a stop.

He wasn't the most regal owl, nor the most imposing, but he was beautiful, with brown and gold and white streaks in his fellows. The owl stared back at the boy intelligently, then fluffed his feathers as though to say, 'Well? Are you going to pick me, or not?'

Damian smiled, blue eyes warm. "Hi, Maximus," he whispered.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 3:37 am